ImageImageImage

Bosh struggled in adjusting to playing with Lebron

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

shuttleworthjs
Banned User
And1: 1

Bosh struggled in adjusting to playing with Lebron 

Post#1 » by shuttleworthjs » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:29 am

"Exactly," Bosh said. "'You've got to do this! You've got to do that!' So you've got to fight that. 'Why don’t you do this? Well, you should do this!' It's like, man, they don't need me to do that, I know what I'm doing. 'Well, you should do this.' And then eventually, on one of those days, all it takes is one time, well, maybe I should be doing this. It's such a psychological battle."

Love, at age 25, averaged 26.1 points and 12.5 rebounds his final season in Minnesota. Bosh, at age 25, averaged 24.0 points and 10.8 his final season in Toronto. His averages declined in the four years since, as he reached greater heights (four NBA Finals, two championships) playing with James.

"It's going to be very difficult for him," Bosh said of Love's new task. "Even if I was in his corner and I was able to tell him what to expect and what to do, it still doesn't make any difference. You still have to go through things, you still have to figure out things on your own. It's extremely difficult and extremely frustrating. He's going to have to deal with that."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2225639-kevin-love-faces-unsettling-transition-alongside-lebron-says-chris-bosh

Bosh will be in the full force! Let the Raptor Bosh come back!
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Re: Bosh struggled in adjusting to playing with Lebron 

Post#2 » by IggieCC » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:16 am

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
narmerguy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,052

Post#3 » by narmerguy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:26 am

It's unfortunate but Bosh was definitely the one who sacrificed the most out of the Big 3. However, we made those changes to great success, so I'm not going to pretend there was some tragedy here.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#4 » by DefenseWins » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:05 am

There were always articles on this, but I do think having no plays called contributed to this. Always the random guy on offense, the forgotten of the big 3 on offense.

I remember anytime Bosh would play with Lebron or Wade alone, he would beast.

The Cavs coach seems to have a better offense than what we have had, so Love may or may not have as a hard time. I don't know if love is the 2nd or 3rd, it sounds like he is the 3rd guy in the offense.

Ah well it ain't our problem.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#5 » by goodboy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:14 am

Pretty obvious he struggled the most with him and needing to sacrifice more than anyone else on the team.

His role changed between PF and C, especially at his weight, his size isn't adjusted to guarding nor banging with the C's. After that stint a 3 point shooter... But just like namerguy said, don't regret it by the two titles we got.

Can't wait to see Bosh in full capacity this season!
Bright
thinktellectual
Rookie
And1: 726

Post#6 » by thinktellectual » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:36 am

That quote is out of context:

Real context:

Nor does the constant din of hearing from family, friends and media about why you aren't doing everything you once did.

"Exactly," Bosh said. "'You've got to do this! You've got to do that!' So you've got to fight that. 'Why don’t you do this? Well, you should do this!' It's like, man, they don't need me to do that, I know what I'm doing. 'Well, you should do this.' And then eventually, on one of those days, all it takes is one time, well, maybe I should be doing this. It's such a psychological battle."

OP's quote implies it was Lebron getting in Bosh's ear, while it was actually quite the opposite.
It was his family and friends, while Bosh was trying to explain to them he doesn't do that because that's not what the team needs.

OP's title is straight bull, too.
Actually Bosh talks more about having less touches and in other spots compared to where he was used to. Not really about playing with Lebron, but about becoming the 3rd option instead of the 1st.

Regarding Love, the Cavs coach might actually be better than Spoelstra, and Love's game already is built around shooting 3's, so he should have an easier time than Bosh did. Bosh had to move from the post to the 3p line. Love is already there. He'll just get less touches.

F U OP for being a lying ass.

Close this thread, as this is a made up controversy.

Return to Miami Heat