ImageImageImage

10/21 Rockets vs. Heat (in Miami) 8:00PM TNT

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Re: 10/21 Rockets vs. Heat (in Miami) 8:00PM TNT 

Post#381 » by EscapoTHB » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:10 am

djkeem wrote:whoa dwight is only 28. he should be the number one target in 2016. I'm not sure if he'll leave houston though.

If he leaves Houston it will be because he wasn't good enough to be the man, and at that point he'll be a 30 year old center with a history of back problems. Probably not the best target for 2016.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#382 » by DefenseWins » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:10 am

cheenofly523 wrote:
Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 2m2 minutes ago
Spoelstra said he did not play James Ennis because he wanted to give an extended run to Danny Granger.

Theres that...

And Granger has failed his test. Forgetta bout him Spo!

Ennis is going to play next game though. I'm sure the next game no starters play, just cause it's the last preseason.
Mars
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,174

Post#383 » by Mars » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:13 am

digg211 wrote:
Mars wrote:Ennis' First 5 Games...

23 min vs. NOP
29 min vs. ORL
21 min vs. CLE
19 min vs. ALT
25 min vs. GSW

...It's the Miami HEAT, not the Miami ENNIS. Calm down... It's preseason.

This is not a viable reason to not play him at all. 25 minutes, 10 minutes would have been fine, but not playing him at all is not acceptable, especially when other guys are not getting it done on the offensive end and we're already mediocre as it is on offense.

I found it highly acceptable. So did Spo. I'm assuming Riley did as well. It's preseason. Ennis will crack the rotation. Did I mention it's preseason?

"R - E - L - A - X. . . Relax." © Aaron Rodgers
GUTS™
cheenofly523
Starter
And1: 86

Post#384 » by cheenofly523 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:13 am

So we'll probably get one last look of Andre Dawkins, Tyler Johnson, and Birch.

Cole/Napier/*Chalmers*
Wade/Chalmers/Brown/Dawkins
Deng/Granger/Ennis
McRoberts/Williams/Haslem
Bosh/Birdman/Hamilton

I feel Dawkins would make the team basically because he will be our James Jones. One dimensional sharp shooter. Send TJ and Birch to our D-League. Package Cole and Hamilton come trade deadline.
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#385 » by Heat_team02 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:14 am

cheenofly523 wrote:
Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 2m2 minutes ago
Spoelstra said he did not play James Ennis because he wanted to give an extended run to Danny Granger.

Theres that...

Granger only played 16 minutes. He must have meant Deng.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#386 » by DefenseWins » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:15 am

cheenofly523 wrote:So we'll probably get one last look of Andre Dawkins, Tyler Johnson, and Birch.

Cole/Napier/*Chalmers*
Deng/Granger/Ennis
Bosh/Birdman/Hamilton

I feel Dawkins would make the team basically because he will be our James Jones. One dimensional sharp shooter. Send TJ and Birch to our D-League. Package Cole and Hamilton come trade deadline.

We can't let go of Birch and Hamilton at the same time, we need a big.

Birch is looking good tbh. Joel-esque but he's taller and can rebound.

Hamilton just rots on the bench man (even before his surgery)... we might as well trade him like you said lol.
cheenofly523
Starter
And1: 86

Post#387 » by cheenofly523 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:16 am

You know Spo loves people who can spread the floor so it only makes sense Hamilton stays (for now). Once Hamilton is traded, i'm sure we will call up Birch to replace him to finish out the season.
UD4MVP
Veteran
And1: 3,091

Post#388 » by UD4MVP » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:17 am

I'm sure if Granger has a horrible first few couple weeks in the regular season, Ennis will be thrown in. I think he can also get some run if our pg rotation gets shortened to 2 instead of 3 in the event of a trade. I think another reason we're seeing Napier more than Ennis is that the Napier Rio backcourt has had some success, at least compared to the uglyness of cole and rio lol
UD4MVP
Veteran

Post#389 » by UD4MVP » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:20 am

DefenseWins wrote:
cheenofly523 wrote:So we'll probably get one last look of Andre Dawkins, Tyler Johnson, and Birch.

Cole/Napier/*Chalmers*
Deng/Granger/Ennis
Bosh/Birdman/Hamilton

We can't let go of Birch and Hamilton at the same time, we need a big.

Birch is looking good tbh. Joel-esque but he's taller and can rebound.

Hamilton just rots on the bench man (even before his surgery)... we might as well trade him like you said lol.

I think Hamilton will be given much more chances this year than last year, it just sucks he had that heart procedure before our first preseason game. He had a pretty strong summer league, and how he looks with the rotation players seems very interesting.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#390 » by DefenseWins » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:21 am

UD4MVP wrote:I'm sure if Granger has a horrible first few couple weeks in the regular season, Ennis will be thrown in. I think he can also get some run if our pg rotation gets shortened to 2 instead of 3 in the event of a trade. I think another reason we're seeing Napier more than Ennis is that the Napier Rio backcourt has had some success, at least compared to the uglyness of cole and rio lol

Man that Rio-Cole backcourt is ugly. The sad thing is, I read Spo said they have had success with it. I'm guessing I missed the games where that happened.

Cole did look better today, still did his signature getting blocked in traffic doing an impossible layup. Fastest guy on our team too.

But with an expiring contract and we ain't gonna resign him... the writing is on the wall.
UD4MVP
Veteran

Post#391 » by UD4MVP » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:22 am

DefenseWins wrote:
UD4MVP wrote:I'm sure if Granger has a horrible first few couple weeks in the regular season, Ennis will be thrown in. I think he can also get some run if our pg rotation gets shortened to 2 instead of 3 in the event of a trade. I think another reason we're seeing Napier more than Ennis is that the Napier Rio backcourt has had some success, at least compared to the uglyness of cole and rio lol

Man that Rio-Cole backcourt is ugly. The sad thing is, I read Spo said they have had success with it. I'm guessing I missed the games where that happened.

Cole did look better today, still did his signature getting blocked in traffic doing an impossible layup. Fastest guy on our team too.

But with an expiring contract and we ain't gonna resign him... the writing is on the wall.

And i'm sure Riley would be eager to not deal with Rich Paul for a bit LOL
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#392 » by Wolfy1983 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:24 am

Mars wrote:
digg211 wrote:
Mars wrote:Ennis' First 5 Games...

23 min vs. NOP
29 min vs. ORL
21 min vs. CLE
19 min vs. ALT
25 min vs. GSW

...It's the Miami HEAT, not the Miami ENNIS. Calm down... It's preseason.

This is not a viable reason to not play him at all. 25 minutes, 10 minutes would have been fine, but not playing him at all is not acceptable, especially when other guys are not getting it done on the offensive end and we're already mediocre as it is on offense.

I found it highly acceptable. So did Spo. I'm assuming Riley did as well. It's preseason. Ennis will crack the rotation. Did I mention it's preseason?

Considering Spo's questionable rotations over the years, there's nothing relaxing about Ennis not seeing playing time, Preseason or not. I don't trust this coach to make the right move when this team needs a change during a pivotal point in the game.
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
Mars
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,174

Post#393 » by Mars » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:26 am

digg211 wrote:Considering Spo's questionable rotations over the years, there's nothing relaxing about Ennis not seeing playing time, Preseason or not. I don't trust this coach to make the right move when this team needs a change during a pivotal point in the game.

GUTS™
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#394 » by DefenseWins » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:26 am

UD4MVP wrote:
DefenseWins wrote:

And i'm sure Riley would be eager to not deal with Rich Paul for a bit LOL

lol yeah that's another thing

What's funny is the Cavs need a better back up PG, and I'm sure Cole would love to go to the Cavs and LBJ would like him there too. I think that's a lock tbh lol. LeBron is the GM of the Cavs so...
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#395 » by Wolfy1983 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:27 am

Mars wrote:
digg211 wrote:Considering Spo's questionable rotations over the years, there's nothing relaxing about Ennis not seeing playing time, Preseason or not. I don't trust this coach to make the right move when this team needs a change during a pivotal point in the game.

:crazy:
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
S Curry
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,198

Post#396 » by S Curry » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:43 am

DefenseWins wrote:
S Curry wrote:I LOVED the way Wade (jumper lol) looked, also liked Bosh (more boards!), I liked the better 2nd half, too bad a lot of that was against the bench of the the Rockets.

wouldn't get excited about Bosh boards, cause when Dwight was in, he ate up all the rebounds

I wasn't excited, I wrote more boards to say he needs to get more boards :lol:
Please excuse my bad English, this is not my native language :)
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#397 » by NBADraft2003 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:44 am

Bourne85 wrote:Going from Lebron to Deng/Granger has to be some sick joke.

Wade looked great today. I pray he can keep it up all year.

:lol:

Sig worthy?
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#398 » by DefenseWins » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:45 am

S Curry wrote:
DefenseWins wrote:
S Curry wrote:I LOVED the way Wade (jumper lol) looked, also liked Bosh (more boards!), I liked the better 2nd half, too bad a lot of that was against the bench of the the Rockets.

wouldn't get excited about Bosh boards, cause when Dwight was in, he ate up all the rebounds

I wasn't excited, I wrote more boards to say he needs to get more boards :lol:

oh lmao my bad.

Yeah he needs to get to work on the glass, hopefully that starts in the regular season
bksballer89
Junior
And1: 242

Post#399 » by bksballer89 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:54 am

Spo gotta do something to help Deng be more involved on the offensive end
UD4MVP
Veteran

Post#400 » by UD4MVP » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:23 am

bksballer89 wrote:Spo gotta do something to help Deng be more involved on the offensive end

I think the guy who will benefit the most from McBobs return is Deng, since hes very good at cutting to the hoop. Some of the Charlotte games I watched last year McBob would constantly hit MKG or Henderson going backdoor. Hopefully he can return soon

Return to Miami Heat