ImageImageImage

Wade loving heat life Post Lebron (Miami herald)

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

heatlespeatles
Head Coach
And1: 2,611

Re: Wade loving heat life Post Lebron (Miami herald) 

Post#41 » by heatlespeatles » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:37 am

narmerguy wrote:I think people are getting a little carried away now posting as if James was magically the problem behind our Heat team. Just a few months ago people were pointing out how short other players came up in the finals, and I'm not going to rewrite that history even if it's convenient because the player who performed the best left us. James played very hard here, he tried in the first year to defer more before it was determined that our coaches/players were better able to perform when he became a focal point, and he helped everyone be successful. That other players are either chilling less or rediscovering their talents is not simply an indictment of James, but of players and the coaching staff as well.

Obviously James left and is now no longer one of our players, but let's not revise our history and buy into other people's narratives about ourselves. That Heat team was a team, we were successful, and we had the pleasure of having a phenomenal player in his prime. We had much success in the past before James, during James, and we will continue to after James. There's no shame in that.

selective memory, they hate him now so suddenly he was the problem, "oh look at the beautiful ball movement, we never had that with LeBron" blah blah. Same LeBron that would LOVE to pass the ball all night. I get the hate and all that but the reasoning here is getting a bit silly with some posters.

Just enjoy our team now, no need to point fingers at him now that he's gone smh
mab2039
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#42 » by mab2039 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:41 pm

KingDavid wrote:
mab2039 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Wade's best shooting season of his career was last season...Lay off the pipe. You and whatever fool that and1'd your silly post.

By your theory, yeah, Wade had the best shooting season. Above all, he had a better shooting season than Kobe could ever have. Therefore, Wade is a better jump shooter than Kobe. You are a true genius

The fact that you're trying to pin our past woes on our offense shows just how wrong you are. But please, tell me more. Tell me more about how a 58% True Shooting percentage at a usage rate equal to Harden's is "abysmal", as you so kindly put it. Please inform us oh great ignoramus.
Please inform us as to how a SG with the second-highest PER for SGs was "chilling" during James' tenure.

I am not denying Wade's talent or his place in history as one of the best 2 guards ever. All three players made each other better while playing together in Miami. But his mid-range game is nowhere near 2005-2009. Last year he would pass wide open shots numerous times. His some-what shaky confidence in his midrange game and abandonment of 3 point shooting stunted Big Three's evolution.
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,680

Post#43 » by Sign5 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:52 pm

mab2039 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
mab2039 wrote:
By your theory, yeah, Wade had the best shooting season. Above all, he had a better shooting season than Kobe could ever have. Therefore, Wade is a better jump shooter than Kobe. You are a true genius

The fact that you're trying to pin our past woes on our offense shows just how wrong you are. But please, tell me more. Tell me more about how a 58% True Shooting percentage at a usage rate equal to Harden's is "abysmal", as you so kindly put it. Please inform us oh great ignoramus.
Please inform us as to how a SG with the second-highest PER for SGs was "chilling" during James' tenure.

I am not denying Wade's talent or his place in history as one of the best 2 guards ever. All three players made each other better while playing together in Miami. But his mid-range game is nowhere near 2005-2009. Last year he would pass wide open shots numerous times. His some-what shaky confidence in his midrange game and abandonment of 3 point shooting stunted Big Three's evolution.
You have no clue what you're talking about, please stop embarrassing yourself. His shooting from mid-range last year was right up there with 2009. The numbers are all there on hoopsdata and basketball reference.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#44 » by KingDavid » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:02 pm

mab2039 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
mab2039 wrote:

You're actually right about that. His mid-range game last season was the best it's ever been.

Midrange Shooting Data from NBA.com

Year FGM FGA FG%

2004-2005 189 480 39.4%
2005-2006 216 563 38.4%
2006-2007 163 428 38.1%
2007-2008 161 429 37.5%
2008-2009 297 714 41.6%
2009-2010 193 535 36.1%

2010-2011 152 377 40.3%
2011-2012 115 291 39.5%
2012-2013 144 370 38.9%
2013-2014 124 289 42.9%

He was at 44% at one point last season from midrange. He passed up good shots for better shots (OPEN 3s!) especially since he never had any rhythm since he missed 1/3rd of the season. He's never had a consistent 3pt shot. Suddenly developing one was completely unlikely and improbable and unnecessary. But it still worked. How is going to FOUR STRAIGHT FINALS "stunting the Big 3's evolution"? Are you high? Do you read what you type before you post? What other team in the modern era went to four straight Finals? Our offense was never a problem. It was ALWAYS our defense (we were so lazy on that end last season) or our health. I swear it's like you only watched two playoff series with Miami. Last year's Finals where we got embarrassed and 2012 Finals when we made Kevin Durant cry to his mother. FOH!

Here you go fam. Hot & fresh off memory lane:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPIgTuQM2gk[/youtube]
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
40InchVert
Sophomore
And1: 94

Post#45 » by 40InchVert » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:57 am

Not a Heat fan but I'm curious as to Wade's status. Is he currently hurt or is just taking some time off like previous years?
UD4MVP
Veteran
And1: 3,091

Post#46 » by UD4MVP » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:20 am

40InchVert wrote:Not a Heat fan but I'm curious as to Wade's status. Is he currently hurt or is just taking some time off like previous years?

Strained his hammy and it isn't smart for him to play through it. It could be a nagging thing for 1-2 months if he comes back too soon.
40InchVert
Sophomore
And1: 94

Post#47 » by 40InchVert » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:26 am

UD4MVP wrote:
40InchVert wrote:Not a Heat fan but I'm curious as to Wade's status. Is he currently hurt or is just taking some time off like previous years?

Strained his hammy and it isn't smart for him to play through it. It could be a nagging thing for 1-2 months if he comes back too soon.

Ahhh thanks!
Miaheatfan3
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#48 » by Miaheatfan3 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:05 am

I'm a big fan of Wade, probably the biggest one in spain and I love watching him play but it's difficult for me due to the time frame, I've been waking up to watch him play these last weeks and come on man, he was suposed to be day to day and he already missed a lot of games in a row... I feel disappointed :(

I'll be fine if he comes back strong, but with Wade who the hell knowns.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#49 » by contract » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:32 pm

heatlespeatles wrote:
narmerguy wrote:I think people are getting a little carried away now posting as if James was magically the problem behind our Heat team. Just a few months ago people were pointing out how short other players came up in the finals, and I'm not going to rewrite that history even if it's convenient because the player who performed the best left us. James played very hard here, he tried in the first year to defer more before it was determined that our coaches/players were better able to perform when he became a focal point, and he helped everyone be successful. That other players are either chilling less or rediscovering their talents is not simply an indictment of James, but of players and the coaching staff as well.

Obviously James left and is now no longer one of our players, but let's not revise our history and buy into other people's narratives about ourselves. That Heat team was a team, we were successful, and we had the pleasure of having a phenomenal player in his prime. We had much success in the past before James, during James, and we will continue to after James. There's no shame in that.

selective memory, they hate him now so suddenly he was the problem, "oh look at the beautiful ball movement, we never had that with LeBron" blah blah. Same LeBron that would LOVE to pass the ball all night. I get the hate and all that but the reasoning here is getting a bit silly with some posters.

Lebron likes to pass the ball ... if he can't score. But pass or shoot, he dominates the ball.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
heatlespeatles
Head Coach

Post#50 » by heatlespeatles » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:50 am

contract wrote:
heatlespeatles wrote:

Lebron likes to pass the ball ... if he can't score. But pass or shoot, he dominates the ball.

as he should, thats what GREATS do
contract
RealGM

Post#51 » by contract » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:36 pm

heatlespeatles wrote:
contract wrote:
heatlespeatles wrote:selective memory, they hate him now so suddenly he was the problem, "oh look at the beautiful ball movement, we never had that with LeBron" blah blah. Same LeBron that would LOVE to pass the ball all night. I get the hate and all that but the reasoning here is getting a bit silly with some posters.

That's fine, but don't pretend that Lebron isn't ball dominant, because he absolutely is. You say that he'd love to pass the ball all night, but he didn't top 7.3 assists a game despite playing with Wade and Bosh.

Pat Riley wanted Lebron to be Magic, but he wasn't having any of that. He wants to be MJ.
Dupas
Analyst
And1: 1,860

Post#52 » by Dupas » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:02 pm

Miaheatfan3 wrote:I'm a big fan of Wade, probably the biggest one in spain and I love watching him play but it's difficult for me due to the time frame, I've been waking up to watch him play these last weeks and come on man, he was suposed to be day to day and he already missed a lot of games in a row... I feel disappointed :(

I'll be fine if he comes back strong, but with Wade who the hell knowns.

Hes doing everything he can
heatlespeatles
Head Coach

Post#53 » by heatlespeatles » Mon Dec 1, 2014 1:00 am

contract wrote:
heatlespeatles wrote:
contract wrote:Lebron likes to pass the ball ... if he can't score. But pass or shoot, he dominates the ball.

That's fine, but don't pretend that Lebron isn't ball dominant, because he absolutely is. You say that he'd love to pass the ball all night, but he didn't top 7.3 assists a game despite playing with Wade and Bosh.

Pat Riley wanted Lebron to be Magic, but he wasn't having any of that. He wants to be MJ.

LeBron has never played with a point guard who was a better distributor than he is. Period. Of course his teams are better when he has the ball. Pat Riley wanted Lebron to be magic? thats news to me
contract
RealGM

Post#54 » by contract » Mon Dec 1, 2014 5:53 am

heatlespeatles wrote:
contract wrote:
heatlespeatles wrote:as he should, thats what GREATS do

LeBron has never played with a point guard who was a better distributor than he is. Period. Of course his teams are better when he has the ball. Pat Riley wanted Lebron to be magic? thats news to me

It's not possible for anyone to be a better distributor than Lebron because he has the ball most of the time.

Return to Miami Heat