ImageImageImage

Shabazz Napier?

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Re: Shabazz Napier? 

Post#261 » by Maroko » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:39 pm

N82WILL wrote:
Maroko wrote:
N82WILL wrote:Maroko, no offense, but we don't need to see your negative posts about Shabazz in every topic. We get it, you don't like him.

So it's ok to bash cole and rio all night long ok

Yes, because they've had their fair share of games, and in that time been TERRIBLE. Shabazz is a rookie, while it's ok to criticize him, he hasn't had a real opportunity. Cole & Chalmers are "vets" so any criticism of them is fair game. Give Shabazz a chance first. He's already showed some good signs.

Sorry but i have the right to post on that board whether you like it or not !
Even for a rookie shooting at 27,3% FG when you can have access so easily to the paint is a shame.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,445

Post#262 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:37 pm

Maroko wrote:
N82WILL wrote:
Maroko wrote:
So it's ok to bash cole and rio all night long ok

Yes, because they've had their fair share of games, and in that time been TERRIBLE. Shabazz is a rookie, while it's ok to criticize him, he hasn't had a real opportunity. Cole & Chalmers are "vets" so any criticism of them is fair game. Give Shabazz a chance first. He's already showed some good signs.

Even for a rookie shooting at 27,3% FG when you can have access so easily to the paint is a shame.

Sorry to disappoint you, But Napier is actually shooting 37% from 3 this year.

Rio is 27%
Cole 24%.

He's a rook, expected to get better. They're not.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Maroko
Lead Assistant

Post#263 » by Maroko » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:22 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
Maroko wrote:
N82WILL wrote:Yes, because they've had their fair share of games, and in that time been TERRIBLE. Shabazz is a rookie, while it's ok to criticize him, he hasn't had a real opportunity. Cole & Chalmers are "vets" so any criticism of them is fair game. Give Shabazz a chance first. He's already showed some good signs.

Sorry to disappoint you, But Napier is actually shooting 37% from 3 this year.

Rio is 27%
Cole 24%.

He's a rook, expected to get better. They're not.

Sorry to disappoint you but i was speaking the game against the King (3/11)

As i said multiples times, people are praising him like he is CP3 and comparing him with the bottom line of PG in NBA
This is ridiculous
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#264 » by goodboy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:56 pm

I love you Maroko No homo, but everyone at this point knows Nap is well considered suitable for our PG rotation compared to Cole.

I won't bash Rio as much but I will towards Cole. Dude is nothing but a horseback riding flaming idiot. He is useless in every regard of basketball. He's fast as a ferrari without no gear stick... he is a lost cause.

Nap is a rookie and already showing greater strides than Cole ever did. Cole is so bad that he diminishes any anger I have towards Rio.

I hope he starts a lot of games for us and hopefully change your mind about him even slightly and will give us hope :)
Bright
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#265 » by DefenseWins » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:43 am

Napier still shooting better than the other 2 PGs

The nitpicking is looking pathetic
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,868

Post#266 » by Paz » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:55 am

Maroko, Napier is good. Cole + Chalmers are bad. I don't know what the argument is here. He shoots much better, passes much better and defends just as well.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,177

Post#267 » by dolphinatik » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:07 am

too much Cole hate. not all pg's are ready made success stories. Mike Conley for the Grizz took forever to get it right and he was handed the keys to make mistakes and he made a lot of them. Development takes patience which the coaching staff we have had these last few years had none of.

Bazz stood up for himself as far as challenging what pg's need to be able to do in the offence compared with how the coaching staff wanted pg's to work. He gets points for that because honestly our coaching philosophy needed lots of kicks in the pants.

We could have had marginal servicable bigs in past if we let them hover around the paint like we are finally letting Whiteside do now.

Im not ready to close the door on Cole or anoint Shabazz, too early for either.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
goodboy
RealGM

Post#268 » by goodboy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:38 am

dolphinatik wrote:too much Cole hate. not all pg's are ready made success stories. Mike Conley for the Grizz took forever to get it right and he was handed the keys to make mistakes and he made a lot of them. Development takes patience which the coaching staff we have had these last few years had none of.

Bazz stood up for himself as far as challenging what pg's need to be able to do in the offence compared with how the coaching staff wanted pg's to work. He gets points for that because honestly our coaching philosophy needed lots of kicks in the pants.

We could have had marginal servicable bigs in past if we let them hover around the paint like we are finally letting Whiteside do now.

Im not ready to close the door on Cole or anoint Shabazz, too early for either.

Pretty bad comparison...

Conley

Cole

Take into account, we had so many vets and 3 stars alongside Cole's "Development"
Bright
cyclix
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,636

Post#269 » by cyclix » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:44 am

Napier definitely has better PG skills than Colemers. That's what the Heat needed: someone with consistent PG skills. Miami already has Wade and Bosh, Deng, and now Whiteside. They needed desperately someone to facilitate.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#270 » by DefenseWins » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:32 am

Cole got so many opportunities and blew them all. Like for real, starting and even would get 30-40 minutes a night.

Thing is, he just can't run an offense and now he can't shoot well

If he was taller he wouldnt have to ball handle and be a Tony allen or Thabo sefolosha

The only time recently Cole has looked good is when Wade ball handles and Whiteside is in. He actually doesn't look like **** and concentrates on defense

We need more than that right now, hence Heat putting him on trading block. Cole is just not a good fit without LBJ because we are in a situation where every player has to contribute, on both sides
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#271 » by JLop » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:49 pm

Rookie Napier embraces 'the plan,' back in rotation for Heat

After being banished to the D-League in late December, Heat rookie guard Shabazz Napier seems to have worked his way back into the good graces of the coaching staff.

Napier has logged more than 30 minutes in each of the last two games for Miami, totaling 22 points, 11 assists, eight rebounds, three steals and one block. Napier has even started the last two games with Dwayne Wade sidelined due to injury.

Coach Erik Spoelstra credits a conversation he had with Napier a few weeks ago as the turning point in the rookie's season, per The Palm Beach Post.

“Embrace the plan,” Spoelstra told him. “Get better in the specific areas we want. Commit to the work and the rest of it will work itself out. It's a long season. Your number will be called soon enough.

“He wrapped his mind around that, finally, and he's been able to take some strides forward. What you saw was playmaking and poise, even though he had three turnovers, he does those things very well. He organizes you and can make other guys better.”

Full article:
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasybasketball/update/24980234/rookie-napier-embraces-the-plan-back-in-rotation-for-heat

Shabazz Napier settling in after talk with Erik Spoelstra

It has been hard to nail down exactly what Shabazz Napier can do during the first half of his uneven rookie season.

He had a place in the rotation immediately and played very well for a six-game stretch in November when Dwyane Wade was out. The Heat send him to the D-League in mid-December, brought him back and barely played him, then sent him down again. When Wade got hurt again last week, coach Erik Spoelstra vaulted Napier from the end of the bench into the starting lineup.

Over two starts, a loss at Golden State and a win at Sacramento, he scored 22 points and had 11 assists against six turnovers. He shot 6 for 18 from the field. None of that is amazing, but he was solid and looked like he had reasonable command of the system at both ends of the court.

In Spoelstra’s view, the turning point was a conversation he had with Napier about two and a half weeks ago.

“Embrace the plan,” Spoelstra told him. “Get better in the specific areas we want. Commit to the work and the rest of it will work itself out. It’s a long season. Your number will be called soon enough.”

And that got through to him?

“He wrapped his mind around that, finally, and he’s been able to take some strides forward,” Spoelstra said. “What you saw was playmaking and poise, even though he had three turnovers, he does those things very well. He organizes you and can make other guys better.”

If Wade remains out another game or so, Napier likely will keep the starting job with Mario Chalmers at shooting guard. Even when Wade comes back, though, it looks like Napier is in line for a role in the rotation again.

Full article:
http://heatzone.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/01/20/shabazz-napier-settling-in-after-talk-with-erik-spoelstra/
JLop
Analyst

Post#272 » by JLop » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:01 pm

Correcting turnovers a priority for Shabazz Napier

Miami Heat guard Shabazz Napier goes to the basket as Sacramento Kings forward Derrick Williams looks on last Friday. (Rich Pedroncelli, AP)

Shabazz Napier figured this would be a seasonlong process.

Even though it appears he is starting to figure things out, he knows there is still a ways to go.

"When I first got here, I knew it was going to be a process for me to understand that this is an elite level," Napier said. "I'm still within that process, of course. This is the best of the best."

Among the problem areas is turnovers. Napier committed six in his two starts last week against the Golden State Warriors and Sacramento Kings.

"A lot of my turnovers come on kind of dumb decisions,' he said. "I'll be good for a good two-and-a-half quarters with no turnovers and then I turn the ball over on dumb decisions. I've got to patch that up. Of course, some games you may get a turnover here and there. It's just part of the game. I've got to limit my turnovers to dead-ball turnovers rather than live turnovers."

The mistakes have been the only blemish on an otherwise impressive turnaround. He's become a rotation player after being humbled when sent down to the NBDL twice earlier this season. The true test came when he was forced to watch from the sidelines while the Heat were struggling in mid-December.

The stretch prompted his shipping to the Sioux Falls Skyforce.

"It was different, not the fact that I wasn't playing," Napier said. "If I'm not playing and we win, it doesn't affect me. Losing, no matter who you are, affects you. So me not being out there, not able to do nothing, that's the part that was tough for me. I knew that if I just continued to work something would have happen. That's how my whole process is."

Opportunity came with guard Dwyane Wade missing the final two games of the recent five-game road trip due to injury. Napier played solid when he was inserted into the starting lineup, averaging 11 points and 5.5 assists.

"He's been consistent with his work ethic and that's improved greatly since the summer," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "He really learned Miami Heat work ethic and what we expect of him. That's improved."

Spoelstra added he would have no problem playing Napier in any situation.

"I have no hesitation," he said. "When his number is called, we'll put him in there."

For Napier, it was just a matter of remaining positive through the struggles. He never once publicly complained or displayed frustration about the lack of playing time.

"I always tried to stay positive," Napier said. "I've been through some rough patches in my life when I was younger so I understand where I'm at now is a blessing. I kind of remind myself of that."

Full article:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/fl-miami-heat-news-0121-20150120-story.html
JLop
Analyst

Post#273 » by JLop » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:27 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShandelRich/status/557649443022180355[/tweet]
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#274 » by DefenseWins » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:33 pm

Miami Heat work ethic huh

Well glad he bought in

Let's see how this whole month goes now
Maroko
Lead Assistant

Post#275 » by Maroko » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:41 pm

HeatWillRise wrote:I love you Maroko No homo, but everyone at this point knows Nap is well considered suitable for our PG rotation compared to Cole.

I won't bash Rio as much but I will towards Cole. Dude is nothing but a horseback riding flaming idiot. He is useless in every regard of basketball. He's fast as a ferrari without no gear stick... he is a lost cause.

Nap is a rookie and already showing greater strides than Cole ever did. Cole is so bad that he diminishes any anger I have towards Rio.

I hope he starts a lot of games for us and hopefully change your mind about him even slightly and will give us hope :)

Hey bro, thank you for the love ! :D

Can you quote me where i said Cole had a great season so far ? Anything, ok NO.

People are acting Napier is playing way more better than Cole and Rio but you can see some flash but he is a terrible fit for this squad.
People are already ready to eat crow for him when he is acting like a cry baby and give him a pass, it's Spo fault who doesnt understand the talent of Napier to send him in D-League, in what world are we ? Are we the 76ers to let a player dictate wherever he wants to play ? Is he a rookie or a proven player ?
Good for him if he turns into a great player, he is on my blacklist for his behavior, bad shooting (and please just look at the way he is playing, he wont progress dont lie to yourself even with a great shooting coach)

I wont bash that much Cole (yeah work ethic sorry if i praise that value at the top of my list) as long as i dont know what exactly Spo wants from him and yes he is not playing terrible this season, i expected much more from him...
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#276 » by HIF » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:03 pm

But Cole was the catalyst for the fightback in the 4th last night.

I hate the hate for any of our players - keep it for other team's players.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
JLop
Analyst

Post#277 » by JLop » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:44 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/557901341901987840[/tweet]
goodboy
RealGM

Post#278 » by goodboy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:20 pm

Maroko wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:I love you Maroko No homo, but everyone at this point knows Nap is well considered suitable for our PG rotation compared to Cole.

Hey bro, thank you for the love ! :D

Can you quote me where i said Cole had a great season so far ? Anything, ok NO.

People are acting Napier is playing way more better than Cole and Rio but you can see some flash but he is a terrible fit for this squad.
People are already ready to eat crow for him when he is acting like a cry baby and give him a pass, it's Spo fault who doesnt understand the talent of Napier to send him in D-League, in what world are we ? Are we the 76ers to let a player dictate wherever he wants to play ? Is he a rookie or a proven player ?
Good for him if he turns into a great player, he is on my blacklist for his behavior, bad shooting (and please just look at the way he is playing, he wont progress dont lie to yourself even with a great shooting coach)

I wont bash that much Cole (yeah work ethic sorry if i praise that value at the top of my list) as long as i dont know what exactly Spo wants from him and yes he is not playing terrible this season, i expected much more from him...

Yeah I know you didnt say Cole is great or whatever, but it's clear now that we need a facilitator that *Shabazz* is already doing a great job of, sure his shooting his poor but improving your stroke(shooting % etc..) is a lot obtainable than being a facilitator, some pg don't learn that Alas Cole.

If you look at Cole's progression throughout the 4 years (including this season) He hasn't even improved at all, I mean Zip! Nada! So why not give a rook, a pass first pg, a decent ball handler/defender a shot? You can't push the button on Nap and say he won't progress, frankly no one knows how he will turn out... Though a STRONG case can be made about how Cole is going to turn out. Besides.. we're in the bottom of the barrel in this league. Why not just experiment with Rooks.. Shabazz also has really good work ethic as well, coming in and out of the d-league back to the rotation requires discipline, patience and hard work to prove to our bone-head coach that he's ready made for this squad.

Not trying to convert you to Napism here lol but just wait it out and see how he does bro :P
Bright
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,314

Post#279 » by insfo » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:15 pm

Maybe I've not watched this closely enough before this .. but last night (started watching from late second quarter onwards), the ball seemed to stick every time it went to Napier. Like for 20 seconds of dribble, dribble .. try penetrating .. come out the other side and dribble some more.

I'm absolutely not comparing performance with any one else .. just something that seemed odd yesterday and I think even Eric or Tony mentioned this.
Maroko
Lead Assistant

Post#280 » by Maroko » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:24 pm

insfo wrote:Maybe I've not watched this closely enough before this .. but last night (started watching from late second quarter onwards), the ball seemed to stick every time it went to Napier. Like for 20 seconds of dribble, dribble .. try penetrating .. come out the other side and dribble some more.

I'm absolutely not comparing performance with any one else .. just something that seemed odd yesterday and I think even Eric or Tony mentioned this.

THE BASHING ON NAPIER HAS TO STOP HATER §§§§ HE IS WAY BETTER THAN COLE AND RIO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

i thought i was the only one to notice it :wink: glad there are still some people who can simply see the game with a neutral eye

Return to Miami Heat