ImageImageImage

Shabazz Napier?

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Re: Shabazz Napier? 

Post#281 » by dancing2thabeet » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:37 pm

Still comparing a rookie to 4th and 7th year players? It just tells you how bad Colemers actually are. :lol:
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#282 » by HIF » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:37 pm

Bazz was poor against Charlotte.

Reminded me why I prefer that we trade for experience rather than try to develop average (NBA standard) players.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,177

Post#283 » by dolphinatik » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Chalmers sux, Cole Sux, Napier Sux. I thought its the Coach, assistant coach, trainers, strength and conditioning trainers, video coordinator and other staff job to help a player refine his game and be all he can be. I am ready to see a who new staff. Ive been watching the Heat since day one and I can honestly say that even though we won 2 championships the SPo era has been the worst team basketball I have seen from the Heat. Sure we would lose games before but not look as inept and lost like we do at times now. When Riley stepped down it was time because the game had passed him by and hit coaching style was not working. So our pgs ae not working out... figure out how to make them work.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,868

Post#284 » by Rock Hardy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:19 pm

dolphinatik wrote:Chalmers sux, Cole Sux, Napier Sux. I thought its the Coach, assistant coach, trainers, strength and conditioning trainers, video coordinator and other staff job to help a player refine his game and be all he can be. I am ready to see a who new staff. Ive been watching the Heat since day one and I can honestly say that even though we won 2 championships the SPo era has been the worst team basketball I have seen from the Heat. Sure we would lose games before but not look as inept and lost like we do at times now. When Riley stepped down it was time because the game had passed him by and hit coaching style was not working. So our pgs ae not working out... figure out how to make them work.

These complaints are so bizarre.

You realize under Spo, the team attained crazy efficiency, right? Contrary to what you think, they played amazing team ball the last 3 years.

This just highlights the thinking about Spo. People just hate him. No logic or reason, just blame him for all that's wrong with the team, and hope something sticks. Tell me, which coach on the market would do better? Who on earth is going to coach Shabazz to be 2in taller? Before you set the house on fire, you should probably make sure you have a backup shelter. The anti-Spo nonsense always ignores the fact that any change made is a step backwards. There are like 25 teams out there who'd not only hire him in an instant, but would go on to kick our asses every year as a reminder.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,177

Post#285 » by dolphinatik » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:41 pm

let those 25 other teams have him. I would take the coach the Kings just fired over him. Nothing is going to change until we get rid of him.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#286 » by HIF » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:39 pm

dolphinatik wrote:let those 25 other teams have him. I would take the coach the Kings just fired over him. Nothing is going to change until we get rid of him.

When you say nothing is going to change surely you don't mean we're going to our 5th Finals this season. :wink:
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#287 » by Maroko » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:46 pm

Another awesome shooting Night
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#288 » by DefenseWins » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:18 am

Lmao Napier had a rough night, but meh he wasn't a negative

He didn't throw away the game but didn't do anything either. He was invisible for the most part

He needs his offensive game going like he did in November

Lol Cole got benched. I'm actually surprised, but then again not really. Ennis and Granger were benched too, Spo did a playoff rotation and minutes for national TV to get the win I guess

Cole I still think is okay for spot minutes. We need to give Wade some breathers and playing him or Ennis is the only way

Rio played 40 minutes geez.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#289 » by gom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:53 pm

I like Napier, but he was terrible. His defense was not "invisible". Every time he was in Brooks hit 3s.

Chalmers had a good game though. He was very feisty.

I was really hoping Granger and Cole were benched because they were being dealt.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,989

Post#290 » by DayofMourning » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:58 pm

Hopefully Napier will start getting it together. If we can finally settle on a starting lineup, with him in it, then maybe we can see some growth. The constant changes that we've had this season are not good for player development. He and Ennis are both hurting.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#291 » by gom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:02 pm

I think he will. It takes time.

On the other hand, Drew was just resigned by the 76ers to another 10 day contract. He's been playing about 20 minutes a game averaging 5 points and 4 assists.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Maroko
Lead Assistant

Post#292 » by Maroko » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:15 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Hopefully Napier will start getting it together. If we can finally settle on a starting lineup, with him in it, then maybe we can see some growth. The constant changes that we've had this season are not good for player development. He and Ennis are both hurting.

Are you trying to convince yourself ? I mean it's a rookie life to adapt, he was crying when he was sent to the D-League because he thought he was the best but then what did he do since his return ? :lol:

Check a rookie who stepped in when needed and scored 14 of his 20 points in the fourth quarter, including three huge jumpers down the stretch to save the Heat in a 115-107 win over the Boston Celtics on Tuesday night (12/27/2011).

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS7dnTrRqc0[/youtube]

Gimme something instead of poor excuses :P

PS : Hope it's ok now to compare a rookie season vs a rookie season
Rich2Hassan
RealGM
And1: 5,800

Post#293 » by Rich2Hassan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:53 pm

Napier is playing scared at the moment. everytime he does something, he's looking over at the bench for Spo's approval, which IMO that ain't the way she should be playing. But when you've been banished to Spo's doghouse for no reason at all, i can see why he plays that way, scared that Spo will bench him again. But all he needs is a big game, something like 20+ points and i think that gets him started, and Spo letting him be free.
Heat President of TANK operations.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,444

Post#294 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:04 pm

N82WILL wrote:Napier is playing scared at the moment. everytime he does something, he's looking over at the bench for Spo's approval, which IMO that ain't the way she should be playing. But when you've been banished to Spo's doghouse for no reason at all, i can see why he plays that way, scared that Spo will bench him again. But all he needs is a big game, something like 20+ points and i think that gets him started, and Spo letting him be free.

Agreed, It clear to see he's not playing with the same confidence he used to have to begin the season.

The kid is a scorer, If you coach is threatening to bench/send you to Siberia if you don't play a super conservative role, You lose your mojo and it shows.

If he's playing, he needs to be aggressive. Don't try to turn him into Cole, he needs to shot a lot of 3's and try to make things happen. There's no point to play him if you ask him to emulate Pablo Prigioni.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,220

Post#295 » by Heat3 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:36 am

Playing scared after being sent to Spo's dog house = career death. We've seen that before.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#296 » by DefenseWins » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:52 am

Lol and someone got on me for saying Spo cut Napier's balls off

He did, and I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing. He doesn't have that same swagger at all.

Everytime Napier has done mistakes he has been benched for Cole as well, and doesn't see the rest of the game. Unlike the others Napier will be threatened for the d league a 3rd time while the others will be rewarded more minutes lmao.

It will take time but he needs to get back to his November self, same with Rio.
Mukesh
Freshman
And1: 73

Post#297 » by Mukesh » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:27 am

Langston Galloway hasn't been signed yet by the Knicks for the rest of the season. He's been playing pretty well lately and might be trying to get an extra year added. Would you take him on the Heat for 2 years?
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,444

Post#298 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Mukesh wrote:Langston Galloway hasn't been signed yet by the Knicks for the rest of the season. He's been playing pretty well lately and might be trying to get an extra year added. Would you take him on the Heat for 2 years?

We should look at each and every possible guard available, Rio and Cole are not more talented then dozens of young guards palying around the world.

Galloway for example has nice size, nice shooting, good athlete, 23 YO. That puts him above Cole in my book.

If you scout hard, do you homework, and get a little lucky, we could create another "mini Whiteside" story in the guard position. Whiteside was a HUGE steal, now we need a nice steal in the form of a young unproven guard.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Maroko
Lead Assistant

Post#299 » by Maroko » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:16 pm

Fear of being benched but he played 27mn for an amazing 0 point (0/5), he knew Cole was not playing that night, you can have a day off offensively but he got destroyed on defense too lol what a ghost and cry baby

The game before was against the Pacers he scored 3 points with a terrific 1/5 and went scoreless against the Hornets with an outstanding 0/4 and playing significant minutes

WOW What a great pick

We should have traded him for a proven Point Guard during the offseason

Lucky for us, we got Whiteside so people can forget about him, i dont and i wont
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,313

Post#300 » by insfo » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:44 pm

Yeah, Bazz has been stinking it up the last week or so. Hopefully things change, or another DLeague stint might be around the corner :( .. especially if we trade for a PG that everyone has been clamoring for.

Return to Miami Heat