ImageImageImage

Heat @ Spurs - 9:30 PM ET (ESPN)

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Rock Hardy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,868

Re: Heat @ Spurs - 9:30 PM ET (ESPN) 

Post#521 » by Rock Hardy » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:15 am

KingDavid wrote:
Rock Hardy wrote:
Alex36199 wrote:We aren't getting Durant, Okafor, or Lebron. Anyone spouting this nonsense is straight up delusional or just trolling.

You can't say that about Durant. No one knows and anyone saying they do is spitting hot air. How many of us thought we'd get LeBron and Bosh? Shaq? Riley has a good track record as a GM. I don't think there's reason to doubt his chances this far out.

Durant openly **** on Wade. No way is he coming down here. That ship had sailed loooooooong ago. Better off trying to nab dragic this offseason.

Twitter beef isn't keeping guys from playing together. Marion called LeBron a bitch on 2011 and now he's a Cav. Winning trumps pettiness. I don't expect that will be any factor at all. I expect it to come down to money and quality of roster. If Durant leaves OKC, I imagine he's going to want to win within 2 years. We have the cap space and foundational players to make a strong case. That's the best anyone can hope for. If Whiteside is molded into a dominant inside force, is KD going to want to jump into our division against us and the Hawks while he's in DC? I think it's impossible to make any conclusions with far out. The picture is too dark.
batterybro42
Rookie
And1: 1,502

Post#522 » by batterybro42 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:16 am

WD wrote:
batterybro42 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Think politics. Why would James ruin his brand by returning here and fleeing cleveland again? Durant is either staying in okc or going to DC. He does not get along with Wade. We're a banged up fringe playoff team. We have nothing to offer. Riley himself admitted 2016 more than likely won't be as good as 2010. Just chill and let Riley do his job.

So what is our plan for 2016? You want to label me an idiot or troll, but I'm not sure you're aware of the 2016 free agent class. Whiteside is great, but we are trying to win titles Riley is trying to construct a generational team. Whiteside is our key to that, and I believe that key lies within flipping him for a serious young, cheap asset. Don't think about Whiteside making the minimum now, think 2016 when he's making max. We are going for the home run in 2016, so tell what the home run is if Durrant or LBJ aren't the home run?

Riley told you personally that we're going for the home run and that Riley is looking to create a "generational" team?

We had the best player in the game for 4 years and Rikey couldn't get a call back. I don't care WHY now, but he couldn't. Heat fan, the basketball gods saved us by dropping Whiteside in our lap and if anything, players would want to play here with wade, bosh and deng along with this guy. You just make the money work. You go over the cap if you have to, you owe it to the fans who purchased those three year season tickets last year to see Whiteside not some flipped 1st round pick with THIS coach

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We can't go over the cap for Whiteside, he's completely unrestricted. Really limits what we can offer in 2016, just saying. Whiteside, Bosh, and Wade not winning a ring anytime soon...we need another superstar
Amorphous Blob
RealGM
And1: 4,198

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#523 » by Amorphous Blob » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:16 am

IggieCC wrote:
Amorphous Blob wrote:Lol Spo in the post game talking about optimism wow.

We play the Kicks next game on Monday at home, so there is that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost.
Amorphous Blob
RealGM
And1: 4,198

Post#524 » by Amorphous Blob » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:17 am

DefenseWins wrote:

there was fight, just not enough stops... they kept hitting 3's...

with a full roster we would have beat them

the Spurs are finally healthy since game 5, just our luck -_-

Maybe he means he sees TJ apart of the team moving forward? lol

Again when we would have games with Wade/LBJ out... Bosh would ball out for 30 and we'd win, he didn't do that today... TJ chucked his way to score more than Bosh by 4 pts

Bosh has been really dissappinting this season dude disappears in games way too much.
UD4MVP
Veteran
And1: 3,091

Post#525 » by UD4MVP » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:18 am

If we want to hit a homerun that year, we have to make the roster look more appealing whether its by tanking for a very high pick this year (Riley is probably not doing this) or somehow trading for a pretty good player (Hopefully Riley really doesn't think we have enough..) Can't just expect people to come cause we have a bunch of cap space and nothing appealing. Whiteside though is very appealing, and if we could somehow land another young talent before that summer? We'd be a much more interesting option
Dmcdani6
Analyst
And1: 5,292

Post#526 » by Dmcdani6 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:18 am

Chalmers was ball-hoggish today. Sometimes seem like we got into better sets without which is kind of sad. TJ looked good. Hamilton wasn't completely useless..maybe?
WD
RealGM
And1: 3,228

Post#527 » by WD » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:19 am

I stop listening/reading his dh@t 5 years ago, it's one of the main reasons I'm not a fan, he doesn't even know why we lose games...IMO, just say sh@t like he knows sh@t

Alex36199
Senior
And1: 1,508

Post#528 » by Alex36199 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:20 am

I'm gonna call it a night. This game has driven many of us to the point of insanity, we are trading Whiteside immediately after his emergence. Yea.... Do better at life whoever is offering that up.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#529 » by KingDavid » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:22 am

Rock Hardy wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
Rock Hardy wrote:You can't say that about Durant. No one knows and anyone saying they do is spitting hot air. How many of us thought we'd get LeBron and Bosh? Shaq? Riley has a good track record as a GM. I don't think there's reason to doubt his chances this far out.

Durant openly **** on Wade. No way is he coming down here. That ship had sailed loooooooong ago. Better off trying to nab dragic this offseason.

Twitter beef isn't keeping guys from playing together. Marion called LeBron a bitch on 2011 and now he's a Cav. Winning trumps pettiness. I don't expect that will be any factor at all. I expect it to come down to money and quality of roster. If Durant leaves OKC, I imagine he's going to want to win within 2 years. We have the cap space and foundational players to make a strong case. That's the best anyone can hope for. If Whiteside is molded into a dominant inside force, is KD going to want to jump into our division against us and the Hawks while he's in DC? I think it's impossible to make any conclusions with far out. The picture is too dark.
it wasn't on Twitter. He went on national tv and made those comments about Wade. THEN the twitter stuff followed. KD is either staying in okc or going to dc. We have nothing to offer him. Half a season Wade? 33 year old bosh? The only great thing is Whiteside.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#530 » by IggieCC » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:22 am

Amorphous Blob wrote:
IggieCC wrote:

We play the Kicks next game on Monday at home, so there is that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost.

Sure. We lost to Wolves we can lose to anyone anywhere anytime.

Next 5 games. Could go 3-2. Could go 0-5. Whatever the case maybe it's RELATIVELY easy schedule with ASW in the middle and possibly Wade back.

Feb 9 vs NY Knicks 7:30 PM
Feb 11 @ Cleveland 8:00 PM
Feb 20 @ NY Knicks 7:30 PM
Feb 21 vs New Orleans 7:30 PM
Feb 23 vs Philadelphia 7:30 PM
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
UD4MVP
Veteran

Post#531 » by UD4MVP » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:22 am

Rock Hardy wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
Rock Hardy wrote:You can't say that about Durant. No one knows and anyone saying they do is spitting hot air. How many of us thought we'd get LeBron and Bosh? Shaq? Riley has a good track record as a GM. I don't think there's reason to doubt his chances this far out.

I'm not as optimistic as you but I think we could be an interesting option for him if we get his buddy Ty Lawson.
Ty, Wade, Bosh, Wiltside would seem pretty appealing but i'm not sure the cap numbers would work since we don't have Hassan's bird rights. Regardless of KD, I think we need to push for Lawson just to improve the damn position
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#532 » by KingDavid » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:25 am

batterybro42 wrote:
WD wrote:
batterybro42 wrote:
So what is our plan for 2016? You want to label me an idiot or troll, but I'm not sure you're aware of the 2016 free agent class. Whiteside is great, but we are trying to win titles Riley is trying to construct a generational team. Whiteside is our key to that, and I believe that key lies within flipping him for a serious young, cheap asset. Don't think about Whiteside making the minimum now, think 2016 when he's making max. We are going for the home run in 2016, so tell what the home run is if Durrant or LBJ aren't the home run?

Riley told you personally that we're going for the home run and that Riley is looking to create a "generational" team?

We had the best player in the game for 4 years and Rikey couldn't get a call back. I don't care WHY now, but he couldn't. Heat fan, the basketball gods saved us by dropping Whiteside in our lap and if anything, players would want to play here with wade, bosh and deng along with this guy. You just make the money work. You go over the cap if you have to, you owe it to the fans who purchased those three year season tickets last year to see Whiteside not some flipped 1st round pick with THIS coach

We can't go over the cap for Whiteside, he's completely unrestricted. Really limits what we can offer in 2016, just saying. Whiteside, Bosh, and Wade not winning a ring anytime soon...we need another superstar

We will have the cap room for Whiteside. Stop worrying
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#533 » by DefenseWins » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:25 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PBPjasonlieser/status/563930914263420928[/tweet]

he busted his ass those last few minutes to hopefully make a case to stay

GIVE IT TO HIM!!!!!!!!!
Lord Hades
RealGM
And1: 7,281

Post#534 » by Lord Hades » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:26 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JoeGoodmanJr/status/563931010002198529[/tweet]
Sign him.
"We've proven that we can do it and we'll do it again."
WD
RealGM

Post#535 » by WD » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:29 am

batterybro42 wrote:
WD wrote:
batterybro42 wrote:

No we don't need another super star, we got seriously spoiled the last 4 years and is not a realistic way to build a team. I honestly don't think the players liked it either, bad grammar tonight by me

WD
RealGM

Post#536 » by WD » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:32 am

Alex36199 wrote:I'm gonna call it a night. This game has driven many of us to the point of insanity, we are trading Whiteside immediately after his emergence. Yea.... Do better at life whoever is offering that up.

I wonder if they've ever been in management, are in management or are in school taking management courses cause it's just not rational what is being suggested....IMO

UD4MVP
Veteran

Post#537 » by UD4MVP » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:34 am

I mean it would be amazing to get another superstar but it would also be hella fun to be like the Hawks and have a bunch of very good players.
WD
RealGM

Post#538 » by WD » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:34 am

KingDavid wrote:
batterybro42 wrote:
WD wrote:Riley told you personally that we're going for the home run and that Riley is looking to create a "generational" team?

We will have the cap room for Whiteside. Stop worrying

I don't follow that cap stuff so thanks for this info...I'm worried about this staff fcking up his game

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#539 » by IggieCC » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:38 am

Lord Hades wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/JoeGoodmanJr/status/563931010002198529[/tweet]
Sign him.

We need Napier on 10 day contract. The dude is half given up there is no sense of urgency.. looking hopeless out there.
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#540 » by DefenseWins » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:38 am

I hope to god I am wrong about this, but I am not sure they will keep TJ

we are about to enter All-Star break, Wade will be back AFTER, they might play through Cole/Rio/Napier in the rotation til then... writing that made me sick

Return to Miami Heat