ImageImageImage

#HeatNation Slovenia

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

#HeatNation Slovenia 

Post#1 » by dancing2thabeet » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:12 pm

"Le vkup, le vkup, uboga gmajna ..."

Greetings, my brethren!

I started this thread so all Slovenians, who joined our Heat family after Goran's arrival, can introduce themselves, share a post or two with each other or with our veteran posters from across the globe and fight about who likes Dragic the most.

Enjoy your stay, contribute to debates, have fun, always overreact to missed/made shots in game threads, lobby for Beasley signing and, whatever you do, don't Lewis!

Welcome to the boards!
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
BoardCrusher
Junior
And1: 319

Re: #HeatNation Slovenia 

Post#2 » by BoardCrusher » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:19 pm

Thanks man, im sure ill enjoy my stay here :)
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#3 » by goodboy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:20 pm

I too want to welcome the Slovenian posters on aboard! Na zdravie from Canada! :)
Bright
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,762

Post#4 » by QUIZ » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:46 pm

Dobrodošli kolege navijače Miami Heat.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7jZdeP6NM8&spfreload=10[/youtube]
:rockon: :rockon: :hug: :rock: :beer: :party: :usa:
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
deb
Senior
And1: 455

Post#5 » by deb » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:53 pm

Suppose I should also say hi...

I joined RealGM about a year ago and have spent majority of my time here lurking on the Phoenix board. Now I migrated alongside the Dragon.

It's interesting that there already seem to be more Slovenians here on the Miami board than there ever were on the Suns board.

Anyway, I'm glad that the games will now be on earlier (7ET is 1AM in Slovenia, 9ET is 3AM :( )

I won't start my job for another month, so I'll try to catch as many games as possible in the meantime...

Go Heat!
Slo
Head Coach
And1: 8,532

Post#6 » by Slo » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:50 am

Kwazdej moji slovenci :)

Still #RapsNation for me but just wanted to say hi to my fellow Slovenians!
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,868

Post#7 » by Paz » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:09 am

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#8 » by IggieCC » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:18 pm

As the biggest Dragic Bros fan on this board, I solute you Slovenian Heat fans :clap:

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
BoardCrusher
Junior

Post#9 » by BoardCrusher » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:39 pm

IggieCC wrote:As the biggest Dragic Bros fan on this board, I solute you Slovenian Heat fans :clap:

hopefully there wont be much confusion about this, Slovenia has produced 9 NBA players since its short 25 year history, Slovakia only 1

Many are probably unfamiliar with this guy, our first NBA player

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp7Y5D-HJR0[/youtube]
delanka
Veteran
And1: 16,314

Post#10 » by delanka » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:45 pm

BoardCrusher wrote:
Spoiler:
IggieCC wrote:As the biggest Dragic Bros fan on this board, I solute you Slovenian Heat fans :clap:

hopefully there wont be much confusion about this, Slovenia has produced 9 NBA players since its short 25 year history, Slovakia only 1

Marko Milic?
BoardCrusher
Junior

Post#11 » by BoardCrusher » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:49 pm

delanka wrote:Marko Milic?

correct
skart
Ballboy
And1: 67

Post#12 » by skart » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:49 pm

Hi everybody,

as I hear, there are not so many women fans on the board - but perhaps I am wrong since in English you never know... I love basketball and I came to RealGM forum because of Dragic, but now I have to admit that NBA-news and results are always the first thing that I look for on my phone in the morning, and there are quite a lot of nights I spend watching the games on my laptop (and my husband doesn't understand it at all...) - I am really very happy Dragic came to Miami Heat, as much as I loved Phoenix last season, the more I've suffered this one, not just because of Goran but generally. The Heat was always a likeable team to me and I do hope very much that we (huh, that is the first time that I'm actually identifying myself with one team) first get to the playoffs and then have next year a great season. Let's go, Heat!
HEAT - Let's be the Hottest EAst Team!
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#13 » by IggieCC » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:04 pm

BoardCrusher wrote:hopefully there wont be much confusion about this, Slovenia has produced 9 NBA players since its short 25 year history, Slovakia only 1

Spoiler:

I had no idea. Thanks for the info!

I am guessing that Dragic is the most popular NBA player in Slovenian basketball history, but correct me if I'm wrong?

Maybe this guy was popular once? He had his moments as a Laker and won a ring I believe.

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#14 » by IggieCC » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:08 pm

skart wrote:Hi everybody,

as I hear, there are not so many women fans on the board - but perhaps I am wrong since in English you never know... I love basketball and I came to RealGM forum because of Dragic, but now I have to admit that NBA-news and results are always the first thing that I look for on my phone in the morning, and there are quite a lot of nights I spend watching the games on my laptop (and my husband doesn't understand it at all...) - I am really very happy Dragic came to Miami Heat, as much as I loved Phoenix last season, the more I've suffered this one, not just because of Goran but generally. The Heat was always a likeable team to me and I do hope very much that we (huh, that is the first time that I'm actually identifying myself with one team) first get to the playoffs and then have next year a great season. Let's go, Heat!

Not sure how many female posters on this board but we usually don't pay attention to it so there shouldn't be any problem.

Welcome to the Heat forum :)
BoardCrusher
Junior

Post#15 » by BoardCrusher » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:09 pm

IggieCC wrote:
I am guessing that Dragic is the most popular NBA player in Slovenian basketball history, but correct me if I'm wrong?

Maybe this guy was popular once? He had his moments as a Laker and won a ring I believe.

Correct, Dragic is the most popular male athlete here.

In my book Vujacic is ok, but he got shafted by the Slo Basket organization, which made him look bad in the eyes of most fans, he was never as popular as Goran
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#16 » by IggieCC » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:17 pm

BoardCrusher wrote:
IggieCC wrote:

Correct, Dragic is the most popular male athlete here.

In my book Vujacic is ok, but he got shafted by the Slo Basket organization, which made him look bad in the eyes of most fans, he was never as popular as Goran

Cool. That's good to know. Very interesting about Vujacic too. Thank you!

Rasho Nesterovic, Beno Udrih, and Machbar are all very capable NBA players as well. :)
Alyosha12
Analyst
And1: 178

Post#17 » by Alyosha12 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:26 pm

IggieCC wrote:
BoardCrusher wrote:hopefully there wont be much confusion about this, Slovenia has produced 9 NBA players since its short 25 year history, Slovakia only 1

Spoiler:

I had no idea. Thanks for the info!

Slovenian poster here, who will mostly be lurking the Heat board.

Also Vujacic was never very popular in Slovenia, some people kinda hate him, some people were his supporters, because he never really got a chance/wanted to, play for the Slovenian NT.

Also all Slovenian basketball players are and were pretty popular in Slovenia. Dragic, as the most successful one ATM, is popular the most. Before him, there were many, including some that never made the jump to the NBA.

Oh and one more thing. I am a huge Zoki fan, and i'm sure, that Miami is the perfect situation for him. IMO he is an NBA ready player, he just needs minutes.

People shouldn't forget that Goran, was an absulutely awul 3pt shooter before and when he came to the league. It was only in his 4th season, he started making threes. In his first two seasons he was awful, just like he was before he made the jump to the NBA. He worked hard on his shoot, and it paid off. The same thing is gonna happen to Zoki, i am sure. Last year at Unicaja, he started making 3s regulary. Soon he will become automatic. Just like his bro.

There work ethic is amazing. As everyone who has followed their careers could tell you. Each year they improve by leaps and bounds.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#18 » by IggieCC » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:37 pm

Alyosha12 wrote:Slovenian poster here, who will mostly be lurking the Heat board.

Also Vujacic was never very popular in Slovenia, some people kinda hate him, some people were his supporters, because he never really got a chance/wanted to, play for the Slovenian NT.

Also all Slovenian basketball players are and were pretty popular in Slovenia. Dragic, as the most successful one ATM, is popular the most. Before him, there were many, including some that never made the jump to the NBA.

Vujacic was never popular among most NBA fans, I believe. He is definitely love or hate kind of a player because of his looks and obnoxious ways (his pesky defense was comical and annoying!). Some loved his effort and competitiveness.

Alyosha12
Analyst
And1: 178

Post#19 » by Alyosha12 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:42 pm

Well exactly. As i heard from sources, Vujacic was not very loved in the national team either. Thats why the last time he tried to play for it, didn't work out. I guess he simply is a guy who is very hard to like. I personally am indifferent towards him. Like you said, i find him comically annoying, which is the best kind of annoying you can be i suppose. :D
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,444

Post#20 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:51 pm

skart wrote:Hi everybody,

Please get divorced and marry me?

I have 3 Heat jerseys too offer + Im a 90% FT shooter.

:angel:
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs

Return to Miami Heat