ImageImageImage

We signed Beasley. AGAIN. LOL?

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Are you happy?

Yes, Beas can help, third time is a charm.
59%
No, Beas fanboys will be back. He's no good.
25%
Yes, But mainly because I'm high.
16%

Total votes: 119

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Re: We signed Beasley. AGAIN. LOL? 

Post#641 » by gom » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:21 pm

It's just frustrating to see so few options, twix2500. We really look bad and predictable.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Myam333
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,909

Post#642 » by Myam333 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:09 pm

3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,030

Post#643 » by 3ballbomber » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:18 am

twix2500 wrote:
gom wrote:
HIF wrote:We are in playoff mode. You shorten your rotation and play who you have to when you have to. It has worked well in the last 3 games and you should also credit Spo in that within the shortened rotation he has also changed the players to who is performing for example less Rio and more TJ and Beas in the Denver game whilst also giving Deng and Wade less minutes. I thought it was a great move after Deng played so many minutes against the big 2 this week that he played very few in the easier game against Denver.

My impression was that Wade was absolutely exhausted at the end of the Denver game. I would have liked to see him play less. In any case, hopefully Napier and Ennis can still contribute. We have two back-to-backs coming up. One is Milwaukee-Boston on this road trip and the other is Detroit-Indiana on the next road trip (apr 4-5). I think we'll need to dig deeper to get through this. I also believe that one reason to make the playoffs is to give the unwashed experience. Whiteside and TJ of course fit this criteria, but Goran Dragic has never actually started a postseason game either. His lone experience was for the Suns in that 2009-10 team with Steve Nash. Among our players, the ones with postseason experience are Wade (5907 minutes), Bosh (3131), Chalmers (2877), Haslem (3109), Deng (1932), Andersen (1171), Beasley (336), McRoberts (249), Goran (237), and Walker (99). The other 5 players (Napier (1002 reg season minutes), Johnson (363), Whiteside (893), Zoran (6), and Ennis (745)) are entirely inexperienced in postseason.

I understand and even agree with your assertion that shortening the rotation helps in player management on a playoff run, but this is not a typical year. We are going to need all hands in order to make a statement and if we wait too long, these guys won't see any meaningful time. Maybe that's just how it will go down though.

gom you have to understand, as of right now it is important for this team to learn and gain experience playing with each other and learn how they are gonna be used for the playoffs. It would be different if this team started with each other at the beginning of the season, but its only been what around 10 games. Hopefully we play well enough now coming down the stretch that Wade will get the last few games to rest. But right now its play hard and get all of the kinks out of their system.

indeedy
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,445

Post#644 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:47 am

Beas looking pretty useless lately.

Not efficient enough on offense to cover for his lack of size on defense.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#645 » by 3ballbomber » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:57 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:Beas looking pretty useless lately.

crazy but i'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt here....it's tough for him and everybody else on this team to cover for injured players out. Hassan is our anchor and Andersen is his back up. When both of them are out it's tough for everybody. Let's see how Beasley fairs once everybody is back.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#646 » by HIF » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:40 am

Well he's not really a Drummond stopper is he? I guess the injury doesn't help but I'm glad you can judge him in a 7 minute cameo.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,723

Post#647 » by Seabass777 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:34 pm

3ballbomber wrote:

crazy but i'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt here....it's tough for him and everybody else on this team to cover for injured players out. Hassan is our anchor and Andersen is his back up. When both of them are out it's tough for everybody. Let's see how Beasley fairs once everybody is back.

Not to mention that he's been playing out of position by playing Center.
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#648 » by gom » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:39 pm

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... asic::none

Statistically, he was poor against Milwaukee (terrible at the end) and only fair against Boston, Atlanta, and OKC. Of course he didn't have time against Detroit. I would have expected that he had better data in the Boston game, but I tend to remember the best moments.

I have to say that overall, I am pretty happy with Beasley's contribution. The offense may have fallen significantly, but his defense has been very sharp most games. I am hopeful he will still improve.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#649 » by 3ballbomber » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:34 pm

I think the mistakes Beasley is making atm is excusable this season, simply because we are not contending anyway and more building chemistry and experiences together. Also excusable because within this non-contending season gives him an opportunity to be able to prove his change of focus & discipline, especially on the defensive end. Where as if we were legit contenders i'm pretty certain we would not have even given him another look. THat's why he best make good use of this time, don't get too comfortable, c*cky and confident and go back to old lazy ways. He is still on trial here.

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#650 » by dancing2thabeet » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:32 pm

Do you guys think he can play backup SF next year? Because there certainly won't be any room at PF spot ...
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#651 » by KingDavid » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:48 pm

What in ten **** were you expecting? He's playing backup center.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#652 » by KingDavid » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:50 pm

dancing2thabeet wrote:Do you guys think he can play backup SF next year? Because there certainly won't be any room at PF spot ...

There's room. UD will be chillin next year.

Beas cannot play & guard SFs.
#HEATLifer

dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant

Post#653 » by dancing2thabeet » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:24 pm

KingDavid wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:Do you guys think he can play backup SF next year? Because there certainly won't be any room at PF spot ...

Seems like a waste of talent keeping him as a 3rd stringer and I don't think he's going to be able to keep his focus while riding the bench either.

So our frontcourt next year might look something like this?

PF Bosh/McBob/Beas/Haslem
C White/Bird/MLE or vet. min. or D-leaguer

I guess Beas could be a great plug and play in case any of our 4 main rotation bigs miss time, but I'm worried.
orphicwhip wrote:

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#654 » by KingDavid » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:31 pm

dancing2thabeet wrote:
KingDavid wrote:

Seems like a waste of talent keeping him as a 3rd stringer and I don't think he's going to be able to keep his focus while riding the bench either.

I guess Beas could be a great plug and play in case any of our 4 main rotation bigs miss time, but I'm worried.

I take that back.

He can play off the bench behind Deng as long as it's against a BACK-UP SF.
#HEATLifer

dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant

Post#655 » by dancing2thabeet » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:33 pm

KingDavid wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:
KingDavid wrote:There's room. UD will be chillin next year.

I take that back.

You took that back pretty quick. Was it because you don't want to talk to me or was it honest? :lol:
orphicwhip wrote:

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#656 » by KingDavid » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:48 pm

dancing2thabeet wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:

I take that back.

You took that back pretty quick. Was it because you don't want to talk to me or was it honest? :lol:

It was honest! I forgot that Beas' defensive struggles came against starting quality SFs back then. He can feast on backups.
#HEATLifer

dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant

Post#657 » by dancing2thabeet » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:38 pm

KingDavid wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:
KingDavid wrote:I take that back.

It was honest! I forgot that Beas' defensive struggles came against starting quality SFs back then. He can feast on backups.

Those were my thoughts too. I think he can fare pretty well against most backup SFs. At least I hope so.
orphicwhip wrote:

quinninin
Junior
And1: 248

Post#658 » by quinninin » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:49 pm

dancing2thabeet wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:

Those were my thoughts too. I think he can fare pretty well against most backup SFs. At least I hope so.

I would think we could find a better veteran wing on the market for the MLE.

We will only have two open spots on the roster next year (Beas, and Walker). I dont see us moving on from TJ, Ennis or Shabazz, unless a few were lumped together along with our 2nd to get a bench player.
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#659 » by 3ballbomber » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:03 am

quinninin wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:
KingDavid wrote:It was honest! I forgot that Beas' defensive struggles came against starting quality SFs back then. He can feast on backups.

I would think we could find a better veteran wing on the market for the MLE.

We will only have two open spots on the roster next year (Beas, and Walker). I dont see us moving on from TJ, Ennis or Shabazz, unless a few were lumped together along with our 2nd to get a bench player.

anything can happen if the right opportunity arises and Riles can fast track things.

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#660 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:02 pm

Anyone notice the trade-off with Beas?

If you followed him closely ever since, you would notice while he is better overall today (much better D, better decision making tho with brainfarts still an occasional thing - that said he still has a lot of work to do overall) his offense has been somewhat underwhelming? I dont know if the stats will back this up but I've noticed he's missed a LOT of easy ones he used to make back then. Tho with that said, I'd rather have the better all-around Beas w/ suckier offense than a horrible D/just buckets Beas all the time....
:hug:

Return to Miami Heat