ImageImageImage

BOS @ MIA - 07:30 PM 03/09/15 ROAD TO THE PLAYOFFS

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,177

Re: BOS @ MIA - 07:30 PM 03/09/15 ROAD TO THE PLAYOFFS 

Post#961 » by dolphinatik » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:20 pm

MisterHibachi wrote:He's a target now, of both the refs and opposing players. He needs self-control even more. If we make the playoffs, there's gonna be calculated instigations against him by opposing players and he has a reputation with the refs now. He needs to be very very careful.

I wasn't very fond of his aggressive comments against Doc, because it felt he was too focused on the individual but I didn't pay it too much attention. Hope this time he actually looks at the bigger picture and realizes he can be a big part of a championship team, the ultimate prize in basketball, and the process starts now. We might not make playoffs this year, but next year we should be a top team with everyone healthy. He can't continue with this behaviour when the team is trying to win a championship. He needs to grow up fast, and he's gotta do it himself, as D-Wade said.

He has got to understand that though and not let it get to him. Vets/coaches have got to help him through it and how to be the bigger person. I always felt bad for Shaq even before he was a Heat player because of the double standard of refereeing he got. Players would hang all over him with no call yet he gets called for offensive foul every time he did a pivot move. Shaq Played through it and didnt show his frustration for the most part. Hassan aint seen nothing yet. He needs to bulk up and be the gentle giant. This isnt WWF no reason to knuckle up every time he gets bumped. He needs to worry about winning games and being there for his team instead of if he looks like a punk or not.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,030

Post#962 » by 3ballbomber » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:21 pm

digg211 wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:
digg211 wrote:
Have you not been around the last 4 years? Things change. What was the point of acquiring Dragic, just to tank now? Plus, it's too late to tank anyways. Odds of getting a high number are slim to none. We're not the Cleveland Cavaliers. Also, would it not benefit a guy like Whiteside to get playoff experience now as opposed to next year? Do you really wanna take that risk? Let him get his feet wet now so he can get a feel for the big stage.

Acquiring Dragic wasn't merely for a playoff push in a non-contending season....we are setting up for the future, he's a vital piece as we build a legit contender.

Thanks bomber for something i'm already aware of, however according to some, tanking is the answer to solve some of our problems. We are not a team that builds from the draft. Only a handful of times have we been successful in getting a franchise guy. Some people here just wanna throw the year away because we're not gonna be around come June. It's important that some of these guys like Whiteside and Johnson get playoff action. I don't want to wait another year for that to happen. If it doesn't happen then oh well.

I guess it doesn't really matter what fans think....ultimately the Heat will & are fighting for a playoff spot. Being competitive was our main aim this season - spite of everything we've been through & going through nothing's changed.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#963 » by DWadeno3 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:35 pm

Another opportunity blown against a mediocre team. You win against good ones, only to embarrass yourself against bad ones. If this team didn't have the potential to be good and played to its limits, I wouldn't care but this is just pissing me off. It's not a talent problem, it never has been, it's an attitude problem.

#HeatLifer
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,761

Post#964 » by Shewasfly » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:28 am

MiamiHeat04 wrote:Wade's comment imo wasnt appropriate to make, considering we are still developing whiteside. I do wish we had Lebron's leadership but this season has been a roller coaster as it is. Wade had a great game but still wasnt enough for this team.

Yes, definitely wish LeBron was here to throw his teammate under the bus (like he did with his Cleveland teammates earlier this year) rather than have Wade say he has to take the veteran advice and start to mature as a pro in this league.
:tiredJB:
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#965 » by Wolfy1983 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:46 pm

Slot Machine wrote:
digg211 wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:For a franchise that prides itself on winning, this team sure doesn't fit the mold.

Were you guys not around in 2008 either or...

Have you not been around the last 4 years? Things change. What was the point of acquiring Dragic, just to tank now? Plus, it's too late to tank anyways. Odds of getting a high number are slim to none. We're not the Cleveland Cavaliers. Also, would it not benefit a guy like Whiteside to get playoff experience now as opposed to next year? Do you really wanna take that risk? Let him get his feet wet now so he can get a feel for the big stage.

To have his Bird Rights. This team isn't making the playoffs and even if we did, a 4-game sweep at the hands of a much better team does no good.

It's not too late to tank. Look at the odds. Really annoying how one person can state some misinformed fact and everyone just repeats it ad nauseam without checking to see if it's true.

Tanking is not an option and shouldn't be for guys like Whiteside and Johnson. These youngsters need playoff experience. As far as the draft goes, please show me a time where a lottery team, 8 games under at most landed a top 3 pick by luck, not counting some sort of trade?
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach

Post#966 » by Wolfy1983 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:48 pm

3ballbomber wrote:
digg211 wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:Acquiring Dragic wasn't merely for a playoff push in a non-contending season....we are setting up for the future, he's a vital piece as we build a legit contender.

Thanks bomber for something i'm already aware of, however according to some, tanking is the answer to solve some of our problems. We are not a team that builds from the draft. Only a handful of times have we been successful in getting a franchise guy. Some people here just wanna throw the year away because we're not gonna be around come June. It's important that some of these guys like Whiteside and Johnson get playoff action. I don't want to wait another year for that to happen. If it doesn't happen then oh well.

I guess it doesn't really matter what fans think....ultimately the Heat will & are fighting for a playoff spot. Being competitive was our main aim this season - spite of everything we've been through & going through nothing's changed.

Plus Wade said at one point that he's never going to be bounced in the 1st round so you think he's gonna agree to tanking like others want them to do?
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,561

Post#967 » by Slot Machine » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:39 am

digg211 wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:
digg211 wrote:

To have his Bird Rights. This team isn't making the playoffs and even if we did, a 4-game sweep at the hands of a much better team does no good.

It's not too late to tank. Look at the odds. Really annoying how one person can state some misinformed fact and everyone just repeats it ad nauseam without checking to see if it's true.

Tanking is not an option and shouldn't be for guys like Whiteside and Johnson. These youngsters need playoff experience. As far as the draft goes, please show me a time where a lottery team, 8 games under at most landed a top 3 pick by luck, not counting some sort of trade?

Orlando Magic 1993.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach

Post#968 » by Wolfy1983 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:09 am

Slot Machine wrote:
digg211 wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:To have his Bird Rights. This team isn't making the playoffs and even if we did, a 4-game sweep at the hands of a much better team does no good.

Orlando Magic 1993.

Impressive record for a team that tried to tank. :wink:
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,561

Post#969 » by Slot Machine » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:54 am

digg211 wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:
digg211 wrote:

Orlando Magic 1993.

Not really sure what examples you want me to point out here, you're just moving the goalposts at this point. Golden State tanked to save their pick instead of giving it up to Utah and got Harrison Barnes. What's your point?
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach

Post#970 » by Wolfy1983 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:04 am

Slot Machine wrote:
digg211 wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:Orlando Magic 1993.

Not really sure what examples you want me to point out here, you're just moving the goalposts at this point. Golden State tanked to save their pick instead of giving it up to Utah and got Harrison Barnes. What's your point?

I was joking in my last post. My point is that they should not tank. 1 example in the history of the draft isn't going to convince me that tanking works.

Return to Miami Heat