ImageImageImage

I Want The Cavs Round 1....

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,995

Re: I Want The Cavs Round 1.... 

Post#41 » by eddieheatfan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:47 am

DefenseWins wrote:I remember when the Bucks would always beat us that one year, I bet they thought they could beat us too, only to be swept come post season time

We arent beating anyone in a top seed if we dont have 3 point shooting, consistency, health. We need Bosh for that ****

I would want to face Cavs next year tho, our squad will be better and I think we match up well.

But this year? Please stop being cocky. We were just talking about tanking, come on
yeah keep it real...but at the same time just think about a playoff match that would steal the spotlight from any other team in the nba and there could be a chance albeit small that the team plays decent and beat the cavs. after all, cabron is a mental midget and so is love and the rest of the bench players outside of irving and mozgov are a tad slow and old?
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#42 » by HIF » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:58 am

Obviously the chances are small but if the stars align we could beat any team in the first round. We'd be more up for a series against the Cavs than anyone else, so I'd be happy to meet them in the POs. The advantage is that the Cavs are not a good team in adversity. If somehow we got a lead they could easily crack. they seem the weakest team in adversity of the contenders.

Whatever happens I hope we make the playoffs and beat someone (and that the Cavs don't make the finals).
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#43 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:16 pm

LOL this is why I love this board. Some nights yall make it sound like we the Knicks and other nights we the 00's Detroit Pistons aka a ECF lock team

Listen, just somehow find a way in there HEALTHY and it dont matter who we up against. Storylines are cool and ish, but we get in there who knows what could happen. But key phrase: we GOTTA GET IN AND STOP BS'ING HANGING WITH TEAMS LIKE THE CELTICS IN THE STANDINGS!!!! THE CELTICS WHO TRADED RONDO AND JEFF GREEN IS SOMEHOW STILL IN THE RACE WITH US!!! (I KNOW WE HAVE OUR EXCUSES TOO BUT CMON)

But yeah, speaking of which.......are we even making the playoffs as an 8th seed? No guarantees by all means. If anything the road to that will be a dogfight. One loss and I bet yall will be singing a different tune again I can see it :lol:
:hug:
HIF
RealGM

Post#44 » by HIF » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Loss = Tank

Win = ECF

PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#45 » by PaulieWal » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:31 pm

HeatWillRise wrote:
Prince Ali wrote:
cyclix wrote:Miami just doesn't have the bench or consistent 3-PT shooting to compete with the Cavs in the first round. Lets not deceive ourselves.

Let's not deceive ourselves. If you are good enough to beat a team 2 of 3 times in the regular season you sure as hell stand the chance to beat them 4 of 7. Right or wrong?

Regular season wins mean jack ****. Nets sweeped us not long ago during the RS, 4-0 or something as well as other teams. Playoffs is a whole new atmosphere.

Don't forget Bucks used to own us in the RS, we swept them and Wade didn't even play in game 4.
Bulls and Celts in 2011 swept us I recall.
Nets as you pointed out were 4-0 against us last year and they foolishly tanked to get us in the 2nd round when they should have gone after the Pacers to get to the ECF.

If we get the Cavs in the 1st round it will make for great ratings but it's not going to go past 5 or 6 (if that). If on the other hand we had our health 100% then I could see it being a long 6-7 game series but then we would be a top 4 seed anyway lol.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#46 » by dancing2thabeet » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:04 pm

HIF wrote:Loss = Tank

Win = ECF

RealGM in a nutshell
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#47 » by Temuhjan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:24 am

dancing2thabeet wrote:
HIF wrote:Loss = Tank

Win = ECF

RealGM in a nutshell

+1
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#48 » by Temuhjan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:29 am

I cannot believe we are back at 7th in the East and 1 game ahead of the Pacers and the Celtics. This is unthinkable a week ago. The way we are playing right now, we may even pass the Bucks for 6th place and get a finals meeting with the Raps instead.
HEYMANQueHoraEs
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,608

Post#49 » by HEYMANQueHoraEs » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:33 am

WHO EVER COMES DIES
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#50 » by dr3am » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:47 am

lets be realistic here...Wade will have to have some serious vintage games consistently for us to beat them, our bench (we have one of the worst benches in the league) will have to play good consistently & also we will have to out-rebound them consistently (we're one of the worst rebounding teams in the league)...

if we had Bosh I seriously think that we can upset them but without him we're just not beating them, sorry
HIF
RealGM

Post#51 » by HIF » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:39 am

dr3am wrote:lets be realistic here...Wade will have to have some serious vintage games consistently for us to beat them, our bench (we have one of the worst benches in the league) will have to play good consistently & also we will have to out-rebound them consistently (we're one of the worst rebounding teams in the league)...

if we had Bosh I seriously think that we can upset them but without him we're just not beating them, sorry

If we had Bosh it wouldn't be an upset. It would be expected. :wink:

Return to Miami Heat