ImageImageImage

Most Improved Player

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

UD4MVP
Veteran
And1: 3,091

Re: Most Improved Player 

Post#21 » by UD4MVP » Thu May 7, 2015 10:03 pm

Props to Jimmy Butler, he's turned into a very good player.
Hassan is capable of averaging 13-14 boards a game, and leading the league in blocks per game. He does that next year the whole season, and he's a frontrunner for MIP and DPOY.
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Post#22 » by Chalm Down » Thu May 7, 2015 10:09 pm

DefenseWins wrote:If Hassan was here from the start and we made the playoffs he may have gotten more votes

But Butler being a guy picked after Cole is now an AllStar and is known as a defensive guy, who is still working on his offensive game. Its well deserved

Bulls are great at finding value picks deep in the draft. Heat on the other hand...ehhh lol. Let's hope Bazz and Ennis turn out well.
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#23 » by DefenseWins » Thu May 7, 2015 10:21 pm

Chalm Down wrote:
DefenseWins wrote:If Hassan was here from the start and we made the playoffs he may have gotten more votes

But Butler being a guy picked after Cole is now an AllStar and is known as a defensive guy, who is still working on his offensive game. Its well deserved

Bulls are great at finding value picks deep in the draft. Heat on the other hand...ehhh lol. Let's hope Bazz and Ennis turn out well.

Bulls have been good at drafting for sure

Ennis is a 2nd rounder and meh... Shabazz was best player available at that time

Cole... He fit our needs at the time but never blossomed into a starting caliber guy. He is forever a back up
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Post#24 » by Chalm Down » Thu May 7, 2015 10:24 pm

DefenseWins wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:

Bulls have been good at drafting for sure

Ennis is a 2nd rounder and meh... Shabazz was best player available at that time

Cole... He fit our needs at the time but never blossomed into a starting caliber guy. He is forever a back up

That's true, sometimes I think I don't judge Colemers fairly because they were so bad this year (and in last year's finals). They fit the Big 3 system pretty well considering they were 3-and-D point guards who didn't need the ball in their hands.
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,201

Post#25 » by TroubleS0me » Fri May 8, 2015 2:36 am

top 4 in the voting!
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,437

Post#26 » by MartyConlonJr » Fri May 8, 2015 6:20 am

I'm guessing Gobert got more votes than Hassan because he played the whole season, but Whitesides numbers this year were better than Goberts, pretty much across the board, and last year Gobert's NBA stats were way better than Whitesides season long DNP
cyclix
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,636

Post#27 » by cyclix » Fri May 8, 2015 12:12 pm

Some of these voters do not like Hassan.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#28 » by dancing2thabeet » Fri May 8, 2015 12:28 pm

MartyConlonJr wrote:I'm guessing Gobert got more votes than Hassan because he played the whole season, but Whitesides numbers this year were better than Goberts, pretty much across the board, and last year Gobert's NBA stats were way better than Whitesides season long DNP

I guess that's why more voters didn't vote for Whiteside, him not playing last season and all. I'm not saying I agree with that, but I understand the logic.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#29 » by NBADraft2003 » Fri May 8, 2015 1:53 pm

Chalm Down wrote:
qjz123 wrote:Hubie showing the Hassan love.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ethanjskolnick/status/596344080075886592[/tweet]

I loved it when Hubie would call our games this season. I knew we were in for a night of heavy Whiteside fanboying :lol:

Especially that game Hassan had a triple double against Chicago. Whiteside had just checked in and Hubie was starting to go nuts about him.
Dupas
Analyst
And1: 1,860

Post#30 » by Dupas » Fri May 8, 2015 2:13 pm

Butler is a beast man. Go check the kid story. Props to him. Im a fan
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Re: 

Post#31 » by NBADraft2003 » Fri May 8, 2015 2:30 pm

Dupas wrote:Butler is a beast man. Go check the kid story. Props to him. Im a fan

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,444

Post#32 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri May 8, 2015 2:36 pm

We drafted Cole a head of Butler and for a year or 2 it looked close between them. Goes to show how tricky drafting can be.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,868

Post#33 » by Paz » Sun May 10, 2015 2:24 am

Jimmy 100% deserved the title. He is a beast this year. I'd be all for Whiteside getting it if he had played more. Jimmy is a hell of a player.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#34 » by heat4life » Mon May 11, 2015 2:23 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:We drafted Cole a head of Butler and for a year or 2 it looked close between them. Goes to show how tricky drafting can be.

And how dangerous it is when you draft for need over BPA.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#35 » by KingDavid » Mon May 11, 2015 5:59 pm

heat4life wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:We drafted Cole a head of Butler and for a year or 2 it looked close between them. Goes to show how tricky drafting can be.

IDK if Butler would have been able to be developed on this team at SG/SF. Was he outstanding out the gate?
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,444

Post#36 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon May 11, 2015 6:34 pm

KingDavid wrote:
heat4life wrote:

IDK if Butler would have been able to be developed on this team at SG/SF. Was he outstanding out the gate?

He was comparable to Cole for a season +. That should answer that.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#37 » by heat4life » Mon May 11, 2015 6:43 pm

KingDavid wrote:
heat4life wrote:

Butler was considered good enough to be a late first/early second round pick just like Cole. He was (is) the type of player Riley loves and from a bigger college (Marquette) but being that we needed a PG more than a wing with LeBron, Wade, Battier, Miller, James Jones and Allen on the roster, the pick was obvious. IMO, Cole was a good pick. He contributed what was expected of him during his time in Miami. The issue was when we demanded more of him knowing it was beyond his role/capabilities. This is why he did well in New Orleans and not here in Miami. With LeBron gone, we needed more than what Cole could offer.

As for Butler, I don't think anyone knew (not even Chicago) that he as going to be THIS good. At most, Chicago would've been happy with dependable role player/defender. Oh well, that is the draft for you.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Return to Miami Heat