ImageImageImage

**** yea!!! we got a lottery talent coming!!! And the Heat-Board offical pick is...*POLL*

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Our first option on draft night should be :

Mario Hezonja
19%
Stanley Johnson
24%
Justise Winslow
14%
Devin Booker
12%
Kelly Oubre
10%
Myles Turner
1%
Kristaps Porzingis
3%
Willie Cauley-Stein
3%
Frank Kaminsky (**** off)
15%
Trey Lyles
1%

Total votes: 117

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,444

**** yea!!! we got a lottery talent coming!!! And the Heat-Board offical pick is...*POLL* 

Post#1 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed May 20, 2015 12:48 am

:rockon:

Now Let's find out who is our "Wisdom of the Crowds" pick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisdom_of_the_crowd

"The wisdom of the crowd is the collective opinion of a group of individuals rather than that of a single expert. A large group's aggregated answers to questions involving quantity estimation, general world knowledge, and spatial reasoning has generally been found to be as good as, and often better than, the answer given by any of the individuals within the group. An explanation for this phenomenon is that there is idiosyncratic noise associated with each individual judgment, and taking the average over a large number of responses will go some way toward canceling the effect of this noise."

The top 4 consensus picks are not realistic options for us so they're not included in the poll, let's keep it real.
(We're not getting Towns, Okafor, Russell, Mudiay, Please don't waste post votes on them).

Since we're not sure who's going to be available at #10, please select your #1 option in the poll, and then add at least 2
more options in a comment post (your #2 and #3 options).

Your #2 option will be worth half a point (0.5),
Your #3 option will be worth one third of a point (0.333),

While poll vote (= your #1 option) is worth 1 full point. I'll calculate the points after everyone votes and we'll have our official Heat board pick. (and the next a few most popular options after that too).

Get it done Heatles!!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M[/youtube]
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Re: **** yea!!! we got a lottery talent coming!!! And the Heat-Board offical pick is...*POLL* 

Post#2 » by DefenseWins » Wed May 20, 2015 1:03 am

Marion H, Stanley, Booker, Oubre, Turner

In that order

I would like Winslow but doubt be drops.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Re: **** yea!!! we got a lottery talent coming!!! And the Heat-Board offical pick is...*POLL* 

Post#3 » by DefenseWins » Wed May 20, 2015 1:04 am

Marion H, Stanley, Booker, Oubre, Turner

In that order

Edit : double post cause realgm crashed
quite shaqly
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#4 » by quite shaqly » Wed May 20, 2015 1:10 am

Winslow > Johnson > Hezdonja > Booker > Oubre > C-S > Turner
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Post#5 » by Hallstar » Wed May 20, 2015 1:11 am

DefenseWins wrote:Marion H, Stanley, Booker, Oubre, Turner

In that order

This, and I probably look to trade down, or out if the 1st 2 are gone
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,559

Post#6 » by Slot Machine » Wed May 20, 2015 1:12 am

Winslow, Hezonja, Stanley / Oubre, Booker, Turner, WCS

in that order. Winslow and Hezonja will almost definitely be gone though.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#7 » by goodboy » Wed May 20, 2015 1:13 am

Bright
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#8 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed May 20, 2015 1:17 am

Who the hell voted for Kaminsky :evil: :nonono:
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#9 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed May 20, 2015 1:18 am

Voted for Mario Hezo in the poll

#2 = Stanley
#3 = Booker
goodboy
RealGM

Post#10 » by goodboy » Wed May 20, 2015 1:19 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:Who the hell voted for Kaminsky :evil: :nonono:

qsomething poster
Bright
LEIF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 921
Location: Charleston, SC. Born and raised in The City of North Miami.

Post#11 » by LEIF » Wed May 20, 2015 1:23 am

Love this idea. Will submit my picks & such but need time to digest some film of these prospects, I relied on my college basketball games watched thus far to form opinions on who we should pick but now that the pick is officially ours I take a deeper dive.

EDIT: I love Winslow but he will NOT be available when we pick. Even Mario is a stretch from what has been reported to this point.

Follow me on Twitter @Lefty_Leif
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,989

Post#12 » by DayofMourning » Wed May 20, 2015 1:31 am

Mario is going to force his way to Miami. It's already a done deal. wAtchOut now!
smartcane
Junior
And1: 259

Post#13 » by smartcane » Wed May 20, 2015 1:32 am

Ask Ira
Q: Michael Beasley is better than any prospect at small forward in the draft, but Erik Spoelstra and his coaching staff don't know how to develop him. And, then, don't forget about James Ennis. That's another young player Spoelstra and his coaching staff need to develop. -- Aura.

A: You make a reasonable point about the potential of Ennis, and I actually think the Heat have done a decent job of developing him and bringing him along at the proper pace. As for Beasley, that will come down to whether they find any veteran scorers in free agency, which makes his June contract deadline a bit tenuous, with free-agency not starting until July 1. Still, that doesn't mean wing isn't an offseason priority. But, to your point, I guess you also could say that by having Beasley and Ennis, it might make it easier for the Heat to go with the best available player if they wind up keeping their No. 10 lottery pick. All of that said, what the draft potentially could offer on the wing at No. 10 could bridge the Heat to the future, which is what makes the lottery so significant.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... story.html
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,762

Post#14 » by QUIZ » Wed May 20, 2015 1:35 am

1. Devin Booker
2. Stanley Johnson
3. Kelly Oubre
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#15 » by QUIZ » Wed May 20, 2015 1:35 am

HeatWillRise wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:Who the hell voted for Kaminsky :evil: :nonono:

qsomething poster

Nope. 8-)

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by DayofMourning » Wed May 20, 2015 1:36 am

1. Mario Hezonja
2. Devin Booker
3. WCS
smartcane
Junior
And1: 259

Post#17 » by smartcane » Wed May 20, 2015 1:36 am

While i see how this pick may affect us into the future, i don't get all the excitement because none of the players that may be available at SF are better than the ones we already have. Turner may or CWS would provide some depth behind Whiteside given Birdman's age and limitations but they too won't be of much help next year.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#18 » by goodboy » Wed May 20, 2015 1:39 am

DayofMourning wrote:Mario is going to force his way to Miami. It's already a done deal. wAtchOut now!

This Fall....

Spoiler:
Bright
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#19 » by QUIZ » Wed May 20, 2015 1:40 am

smartcane wrote:While i see how this pick may affect us into the future, i don't get all the excitement because none of the players that may be available at SF are better than the ones we already have. Turner may or CWS would provide some depth behind Whiteside given Birdman's age and limitations but they too won't be of much help next year.

The pick doesn't need to have star potential to be excited about him. Devin Booker's a smart headstrong sharp shooter. He can back up Wade and hit 3's with potential for more in the future. Fills a lot of needs for us.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4ToJircIXU[/youtube]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PBPjasonlieser/status/599301968268427266[/tweet]

He's a good kid.

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by DayofMourning » Wed May 20, 2015 1:40 am

HeatWillRise wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Mario is going to force his way to Miami. It's already a done deal. wAtchOut now!

This Fall....

Spoiler:

Get Hezonja's face on there:)

Return to Miami Heat