ImageImageImage

Summer League & Undrafted Guys - Summer 2015

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,445

Re: Summer League & Undrafted Guys - Summer 2015 

Post#141 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Jul 3, 2015 1:33 pm

Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat · 14h14 hours ago
Miami-area product Shawn Jones, who played for Heat's D-League team last sesaon, will play summer league for Wizards
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#142 » by HIF » Fri Jul 3, 2015 1:41 pm

nice touch to see Juwan Howard Jr in the squad.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,762

Post#143 » by QUIZ » Fri Jul 3, 2015 1:54 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:I will miss you Birch.

Did you ever see him play? :lol: such a BSer :rofl:

Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#144 » by Heat_team02 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 2:25 pm

RJM wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:Our full SL roster

Dark horses to keep an eye on are Joshua Smith and Willie Reed. They have some talent and 1 might earn a roster spot if they kill it being Centers.

J. Richardson play can also determine if he's kept on the roster or sent to Skyforce, but I believe we'll keep him either way.

TJ VS Napier
Richardson Vs Zoran
Winslow Vs Ennis

Could impact who gets the first chance to be the first backups to start the season.

No. MAYBE Reed (outside chance). Smith doesn't have a chance. He's even heavier than Pittman was when he was drafted, and is visibly overweight. The only thing Smith is going to kill is the postgame plate. There's nothing about him that screams "waste a roster spot on me" in his play, discipline, or approach to the game. Pittman was actually drafted early in the second in spite of his weight issues. This dude wasn't even drafted. That's telling in a draft where big men with even a slight bit of talent were looked at.

I like the Tuttle a lot.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxjzihbhw-4[/youtube]
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#145 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Fri Jul 3, 2015 2:28 pm

Just realized that everyone outside UD in that Sixers game is in the SL, everyone but Beas but w/ Bazz in instead

:(
:hug:
HIF
RealGM

Post#146 » by HIF » Fri Jul 3, 2015 2:37 pm

BIRDMAN BIRDMAN wrote:Just realized that everyone outside UD in that Sixers game is in the SL, everyone but Beas but w/ Bazz in instead

And we beat the sixers. Does that mean we're good or the sixers are really bad?

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#147 » by gom » Fri Jul 3, 2015 2:46 pm

HIF wrote:
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN wrote:Just realized that everyone outside UD in that Sixers game is in the SL, everyone but Beas but w/ Bazz in instead

The 76ers had no incentive to win since they wanted our draft pick.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Heat_team02
RealGM

Post#148 » by Heat_team02 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 3:00 pm

There's no way Seth Tuttle does not make the team. I got him as making it to training camp.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#149 » by dancing2thabeet » Fri Jul 3, 2015 3:32 pm

How is Tuttle's defense though? And rebounding? Can he play C?
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,801

Post#150 » by greg4012 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 3:35 pm

Heat_team02 wrote:There's no way Seth Tuttle does not make the team. I got him as making it to training camp.

I don't see the spot for an undersized PF who doesn't have the size to guard centers (or score over them) or the athleticism to guard SFs (or play on the perimeter) and is completely dependent on a back to the basket post game. That doesn't fit into our offense (or most teams' offenses)
Heat_team02
RealGM

Post#151 » by Heat_team02 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 3:45 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Heat_team02 wrote:There's no way Seth Tuttle does not make the team. I got him as making it to training camp.

I don't see the spot for an undersized PF who doesn't have the size to guard centers (or score over them) or the athleticism to guard SFs (or play on the perimeter) and is completely dependent on a back to the basket post game. That doesn't fit into our offense (or most teams' offenses)

It does in Miami it's called position-less ball. That's why he's on the summer squad. I see him taking Walker's or TJ's spot. He's a versatile forward with a high BBall IQ & sees the floor well for a big man. He won't be guarding Centers he will be coming off the bench to play scrubs. He can do other things than just post up. 15.3pts 6.9 reb 3.3 ast. 76% FT -195 Attempts/ 43% 3Pt -limited attempts 44.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#152 » by greg4012 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:04 pm

Heat_team02 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

It does in Miami it's called position-less ball. That's why he's on the summer squad. I see him taking Walker's or TJ's spot. He's a versatile forward with a high BBall IQ & sees the floor well for a big man. He won't be guarding Centers he will be coming off the bench to play scrubs. He can do other things than just post up. 15.3pts 6.9 reb 3.3 ast. 76% FT -195 Attempts/ 43% 3Pt -limited attempts 44.

Positionless basketball still requires a combination of complementary skillsets to all be on the floor at once.

He bullied against younger guys while playing inferior competition. He's an undersized PF that is completely dependent on a back to the basket post game and can't guard outside of his position. He's got a nice college skillset for when he's the best player on his team. But nothing about his game is complementary to playing with more talented players on the court IMO.

His best case scenario is a present day Carlos Boozer
Heat_team02
RealGM

Post#153 » by Heat_team02 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:07 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Heat_team02 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

Positionless basketball still requires a combination of complementary skillsets to all be on the floor at once.

He bullied against younger guys while playing inferior competition. He's an undersized PF that is completely dependent on a back to the basket post game and can't guard outside of his position. He's got a nice college skillset for when he's the best player on his team. But nothing about his game is complementary to playing with more talented players on the court IMO.

To get 195 attempts at the foul line you can't possibly be a stiff. You get people into foul trouble with head fakes & footwork.

Edit: Sam Dekker had 113 foul attempts @ 70%
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#154 » by gom » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:17 pm

Man, I hope TJ keeps TJ's spot. That kid has a lot of heart and is cool under pressure.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
HIF
RealGM

Post#155 » by HIF » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:19 pm

gom wrote:
HIF wrote:

The 76ers had no incentive to win since they wanted our draft pick.

Neither did we, we wanted to keep it.

greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#156 » by greg4012 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:29 pm

Heat_team02 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Heat_team02 wrote:

To get 195 attempts at the foul line you can't possibly be a stiff. You get people into foul trouble with head fakes & footwork.

He's definitely crafty and has some nice post moves. I just don't see his fit here. And I don't see him ever being much in the NBA (not saying he can't hang around in the league for a while). A lot of his head fakes and footwork won't result in drawing fouls in the NBA when the guy covering him on a nightly basis is 6'10 with a 7'1 wingspan and some mobility.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#157 » by greg4012 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:30 pm

gom wrote:Man, I hope TJ keeps TJ's spot. That kid has a lot of heart and is cool under pressure.

I think he's the best pure 3-point shooter currently on our team
Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,723

Post#158 » by Seabass777 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:34 pm

Heat_team02 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

No way Seth takes TJ's spot.
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
Heat_team02
RealGM

Post#159 » by Heat_team02 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:38 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Heat_team02 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

He's definitely crafty and has some nice post moves. I just don't see his fit here. And I don't see him ever being much in the NBA (not saying he can't hang around in the league for a while). A lot of his head fakes and footwork won't result in drawing fouls in the NBA when the guy covering him on a nightly basis is 6'10 with a 7'1 wingspan and some mobility.

His fit here would be a better version of Michael Beasley.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25017281/cbssportscom-player-of-the-week-northern-iowas-seth-tuttle
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#160 » by greg4012 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:47 pm

Heat_team02 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Heat_team02 wrote:

His fit here would be a better version of Michael Beasley.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25017281/cbssportscom-player-of-the-week-northern-iowas-seth-tuttle

Ah yes Beasley, the guy who we signed out of desperation last season because our 2 PFs were lost for the season yet we're not bringing him back for the precise reason that he doesn't fit.

And better version of beasley, huh? :crazy:

Return to Miami Heat