ImageImageImage

Luol Deng OPTS IN for 2015!!!! Deng returns!

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

smartcane
Junior
And1: 259

Re: Luol Deng OPTS IN for 2015!!!! Deng returns! 

Post#61 » by smartcane » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:15 am

I think Deng opting in is great because now we have a good trade chip!! Deng is a good but not great 3 point shooter and thus him on wade on the floor together limit our spacing especially when Whiteside is also on the floor. Trading Deng would get us more than trading Chalmers or Birdman and allow us to pay Wade what he wants. Dorell wright would be a better cheaper fit.
UD4MVP
Veteran
And1: 3,091

Post#62 » by UD4MVP » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:28 am

Norris Cole wasn't some super talented high draft pick that Spo held back lolol. Most our draft picks through the years have been late 1st rounders, and that's the typical talent level at that point.
Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,723

Post#63 » by Seabass777 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:11 am

I like Deng coming back,a great mentor to Winslow for the year,and that wing defense is going to be great.

When Deng is locked in and fresh he's an asset.

Only thing is I worry about the spacing for our starting unit of:
Whiteside
Bosh
Deng
Wade
Dragic

Only Dragic and Bosh can space the floor,well if Deng is hitting that corner 3 ball at a high clip,I guess we're in good shape.

He has a lot of African in him.
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
UD4MVP
Veteran

Post#64 » by UD4MVP » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:37 am

Deng actually had pretty good shooting percentages the past season
UD4MVP
Veteran

Post#65 » by UD4MVP » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:39 am

Seabass777 wrote:I like Deng coming back,a great mentor to Winslow for the year,and that wing defense is going to be great.

Whiteside
Bosh
Deng
Wade
Dragic

Only Dragic and Bosh can space the floor,well if Deng is hitting that corner 3 ball at a high clip,I guess we're in good shape.

He shot 37 percent from left corner and 47 percent from right, what he struggled with was above the breaks http://vorped.com/1-nba/2014-2015/player/1119/luol-deng/shotchart/
http://vorped.com/1-nba/2014-2015/player/1119/luol-deng/shotchart/
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#66 » by Hoops23 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:59 am

N82WILL wrote:Now trade Chalmers/Birdman and get rid of that bum Walker. I can't stand his ass.

Heat should wait for Dragic and Wade 1st, before they trade both or one of these two players. I hope its McRoberts instead.
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#67 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:18 am

I love it!!
:hug:
SCHeat
Pro Prospect
And1: 676

Post#68 » by SCHeat » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:36 am

Hoops23 wrote:
N82WILL wrote:Now trade Chalmers/Birdman and get rid of that bum Walker. I can't stand his ass.

Heat should wait for Dragic and Wade 1st, before they trade both or one of these two players. I hope its McRoberts instead.

As much as I hate to say it, Rio is the likely odd man out. McRoberts and birdman are more valuable
Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,723

Post#69 » by Seabass777 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:24 pm

UD4MVP wrote:
Seabass777 wrote:I like Deng coming back,a great mentor to Winslow for the year,and that wing defense is going to be great.

Whiteside
Bosh
Deng
Wade
Dragic

He shot 37 percent from left corner and 47 percent from right, what he struggled with was above the breaks http://vorped.com/1-nba/2014-2015/player/1119/luol-deng/shotchart/
http://vorped.com/1-nba/2014-2015/player/1119/luol-deng/shotchart/

Very interesting,thanks for the chart.
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#70 » by SlowPaced » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:56 pm

Deng was the thing that kept our defense at a respectable level when our offense sucked the entire year. Was our only plus defender on the perimeter. Crucial piece to the puzzle.

smartcane wrote:I think Deng opting in is great because now we have a good trade chip!! Deng is a good but not great 3 point shooter and thus him on wade on the floor together limit our spacing especially when Whiteside is also on the floor. Trading Deng would get us more than trading Chalmers or Birdman and allow us to pay Wade what he wants. Dorell wright would be a better cheaper fit.

You do realize that defense matters, right?
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#71 » by Flash4thewin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:20 pm

SlowPaced wrote:Deng was the thing that kept our defense at a respectable level when our offense sucked the entire year. Was our only plus defender on the perimeter. Crucial piece to the puzzle.

smartcane wrote:I think Deng opting in is great because now we have a good trade chip!! Deng is a good but not great 3 point shooter and thus him on wade on the floor together limit our spacing especially when Whiteside is also on the floor. Trading Deng would get us more than trading Chalmers or Birdman and allow us to pay Wade what he wants. Dorell wright would be a better cheaper fit.

The problem is we cant trade for anyone that has a longer contract because of 2016. Also while defense matters we also were a lottery team last year.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,198

Post#72 » by TroubleS0me » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:24 pm

SlowPaced wrote:Deng was the thing that kept our defense at a respectable level when our offense sucked the entire year. Was our only plus defender on the perimeter. Crucial piece to the puzzle.

what about Rio? he is rank high on here compared to Deng http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM/position/1
SlowPaced
RealGM

Post#73 » by SlowPaced » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:44 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:

The problem is we cant trade for anyone that has a longer contract because of 2016. Also while defense matters we also were a lottery team last year.

We being a lottery team hardly has anything to do with Deng. If Bosh wasn't out and we had Whiteside and Dragic from get go, we'd be a Top 5 seed at the very least.
smartcane
Junior
And1: 259

Post#74 » by smartcane » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:25 pm

Dorall Wright is a good defender and shoots 3-pointers at a better percentage. Another poster has at least mentioned some good points for keeping him even though a part of me think we can get what we are going to use him for at a cheaper price.
SlowPaced
RealGM

Post#75 » by SlowPaced » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:27 pm

smartcane wrote:

Dorall Wright is a good defender and shoots 3-pointers at a better percentage. Another poster has at least mentioned some good points for keeping him even though a part of me think we can get what we are going to use him for at a cheaper price.

Dorell Wright is not the player you think he is anymore. He used to be a good defender. He's merely a jump shooter right now. Besides, even at his prime Wright was nowhere near the defender Deng is. Deng is one of the few wing defenders that does a good job on LeBron, and that's huge.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#76 » by Hoops23 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 12:29 am

rio_grande wrote:
Hoops23 wrote:

As much as I hate to say it, Rio is the likely odd man out. McRoberts and birdman are more valuable

I said McRoberts coz if he gets traded, it can give the Heat additional cap room for 2016 to lure a big name free agent. We dont know how much Wade and Dragic's contract, getting McBob traded helps our salary flexibility
SCHeat
Pro Prospect
And1: 676

Post#77 » by SCHeat » Wed Jul 1, 2015 1:19 am

Hoops23 wrote:
rio_grande wrote:
Hoops23 wrote:Heat should wait for Dragic and Wade 1st, before they trade both or one of these two players. I hope its McRoberts instead.

I said McRoberts coz if he gets traded, it can give the Heat additional cap room for 2016 to lure a big name free agent. We dont know how much Wade and Dragic's contract, getting McBob traded helps our salary flexibility

Sure but if 2016 is the priority we could always trade McRoberts next year or next offseason when his stock is much higher. It's at an all time low right now

Return to Miami Heat