ImageImageImage

I think KD is coming next year

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,801

Re: I think KD is coming next year 

Post#21 » by greg4012 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:37 pm

3ballbomber wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
krikor wrote:There is nothing that excites him to come here. Our team is probably oldest team in league at this point.

Guys likely to return for 2017 season:

Dragic (29)
Wade (33)
Winslow (19)
Bosh (31)
Josh McRoberts (28)
Hassan Whiteside (26)
Tyler Johnson (23)
Josh Richardson (21)

Looks extremely balanced age wise with a lot of core pieces on the right side of 30. Basically just Wade being old there.

Like i've been saying......we currently have a perfect age group of players right now for a championship run. PERFECT! Most are at that ripe age of around 28-31 where some play their best basketball being so seasoned, battle tested & experienced.

People who keep saying we're old must be 16yo's.

About a year ago I was so worried about the Heat's future post-Wade. But the blessing that was Whiteside and then Winslow, plus the Dragic trade really set us up to have sustained success with a foundation for the future also (obviously will need retooling). Truly amazing
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,694

I think KD is coming next year 

Post#22 » by HEATVols865 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:38 pm

He's not coming but it would be nice to see someone cleanse that number 35 after Clarence Weatherspoon taking the last shot against the Knicks

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,732

Post#23 » by Enso » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:39 pm

I read the first couple paragraphs but couldn't finish since I'm at work.

I was just thinking about this the other day. Like op said It's definitely possible depending on how things play out this year for other suitors. Also depends on how much we improve individually and as a collective.

Things we have going for us:

It's south beach

Riley the closer will emphasis our winning family culture

He's always been upsessed with LBJ even checked his stats on a nightly basis what better way than to come in and take over the team LBJ left dry and be a hero

It's the east. Easiest path to the finals. He can also exorcise his demons Vs LBJ and kick him out Of the playoffs

If our team takes a giant leap this year we will be in an amazing position fingers crossed

Sorry for format typed on iPhone
WD
RealGM
And1: 3,228

Post#24 » by WD » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:41 pm

Ira Winderman: Donovan has what friend Spoelstra might want

Sunday notes: As Billy Donovan works to retain Kevin Durant, he speaks of the coaching influence of Erik Spoelstra.

"Kevin is a great kid," Donovan said. "And I said kid, great guy. I've really enjoyed being around him. And certainly his basketball ability and talents speak for themselves. But just having a chance to be around him, on a different level, he's just an incredible person. I think the game is very important to him, his teammates are very important to him. I think he's a guy that leads by example, in terms of his work ethic. His work ethic is phenomenal."

Yes, saying all the right things.

And, apparently, doing the right thing.

"It's like he's been on this journey with me since he got in, and that's making us closer," Durant said.

But not necessarily making Durant any closer to resolution, with his only forward thinking involving his rehab from last season's foot issues.

"I haven't thought about it," Durant said of his next contract. "I hear it all the time, but I'm really just focusing on rehab. I can't get there unless I take care of today. So that's how I try to look at it, even though I hear from every side thinking past to next summer.

"But I'm not even trying to focus on that. I’m excited about our team, our new coaches and just trying to get back right."

That makes the assignments clear for Donovan: Recruit a 6-9 forward out of Washington, D.C. And make sure he doesn't go back to Washington, D.C., or Miami or anywhere other than Oklahoma City.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-ira-nba-column-s071215-column.html#page=1
#HEATLifer
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#25 » by HIF » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:47 pm

greg4012 wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Guys likely to return for 2017 season:

Dragic (29)
Wade (33)
Winslow (19)
Bosh (31)
Josh McRoberts (28)
Hassan Whiteside (26)
Tyler Johnson (23)
Josh Richardson (21)

Looks extremely balanced age wise with a lot of core pieces on the right side of 30. Basically just Wade being old there.

Like i've been saying......we currently have a perfect age group of players right now for a championship run. PERFECT! Most are at that ripe age of around 28-31 where some play their best basketball being so seasoned, battle tested & experienced.

About a year ago I was so worried about the Heat's future post-Wade. But the blessing that was Whiteside and then Winslow, plus the Dragic trade really set us up to have sustained success with a foundation for the future also (obviously will need retooling). Truly amazing

Your post has just made it clear to me that we won't get Durant - not that it'll matter because we have winslow - we're going to be getting Westbrook the following year to keep the great W theme going.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,801

Post#26 » by greg4012 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:49 pm

HIF wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

Your post has just made it clear to me that we won't get Durant - not that it'll matter because we have winslow - we're going to be getting Westbrook the following year to keep the great W theme going.

Yes please
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,030

Post#27 » by 3ballbomber » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:51 pm

HIF wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:Like i've been saying......we currently have a perfect age group of players right now for a championship run. PERFECT! Most are at that ripe age of around 28-31 where some play their best basketball being so seasoned, battle tested & experienced.

But what happens to Goran? We can change his name to Wagic
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
HIF
RealGM

Post#28 » by HIF » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:57 pm

3ballbomber wrote:
HIF wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

We may have to trade him and his brother for Wiggins or Wall.

3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#29 » by 3ballbomber » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:09 pm

HIF wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:
HIF wrote:

Delonte West

Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
HIF
RealGM

Post#30 » by HIF » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:17 pm

3ballbomber wrote:
HIF wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:But what happens to Goran? We can change his name to Wagic

Delonte West

I don't think so. Not when DWright is out there.

JWG324
Junior
And1: 504

Post#31 » by JWG324 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:16 pm

The argument that we aren't getting Durant because Riley has made moves out of left field is extremely poor. First of all, this should go without saying, but the previous signings have absolutely nothing to do with Durant's signing. And second of all, Lebron was NOT out of left field. Riley was preparing for that summer for more than 2 years. We all knew we were going after Lebron, we all just thought it was extremely unlikely.... like Durant is.

Durant WILL consider us. That is 100% going to happen. And when Durant goes down his "checklist" we'll fill in every single box. As a team and as an organization, we literally have no flaws.

As of now, i think we have like a 20% chance of singing Durant. If everything goes right this season (OKC has another bad year, we have a successful year, Winslow/Whiteside show a lot of promise, no terrible injuries, Lebron loses again, Washington doesn't show that much promise) i think the chances will increase to about 40%.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Post#32 » by Hallstar » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:40 pm

If he's leaving it's for DC....

It's a short list
HIF
RealGM

Post#33 » by HIF » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:49 pm

JWG324 wrote:The argument that we aren't getting Durant because Riley has made moves out of left field is extremely poor. First of all, this should go without saying, but the previous signings have absolutely nothing to do with Durant's signing. And second of all, Lebron was NOT out of left field. Riley was preparing for that summer for more than 2 years. We all knew we were going after Lebron, we all just thought it was extremely unlikely.... like Durant is.

Durant WILL consider us. That is 100% going to happen. And when Durant goes down his "checklist" we'll fill in every single box. As a team and as an organization, we literally have no flaws.

As of now, i think we have like a 20% chance of singing Durant. If everything goes right this season (OKC has another bad year, we have a successful year, Winslow/Whiteside show a lot of promise, no terrible injuries, Lebron loses again, Washington doesn't show that much promise) i think the chances will increase to about 40%.

I reckon I could sing Durant.

There is no way we have 40% or 20% chance of signing him. If we had 40% that would mean we had almost as much chance as every other team in the league put together. If we have a successful year I'd say that Oklahoma still had at worst a 90% chance of signing him , we'd have maybe a 2% chance and that's only because it's Riley doing the talking.

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,259

Post#34 » by twix2500 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:07 pm

its up to Durant to make that decision, but Riley has laid the foundation to put themselves in position. As I told yall (yes im patting myself on the back), every move the Heat make this summer will be with signing Durant in mind. Signing Dragic and Bosh long term, Keeping Wade and Deng without giving them an extension passed 2016. Signing free agents to one year minimum deals, not using the MLE. Getting a swing player in the draft who would compliment Durant in Winslow.

But not only does this put us in position to get Durant. Riley is keeping a close eye on the Melo situation.
WestEndZone
Banned User
And1: 240

Post#35 » by WestEndZone » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:36 pm

OP has better sauces than Broussard tho.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,202

Post#36 » by TroubleS0me » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:41 pm

remember what he said about D-Wade & Bosh a few seasons ago...
i hope he still comes here tho but still
jdawg2593
Ballboy
And1: 44

Post#37 » by jdawg2593 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:47 am

New here; hello everyone.
This thread might be bump worthy come this time next year.
Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,723

Post#38 » by Seabass777 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:42 am

This thread is going to be so famous if Durant comes here next year.
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#39 » by Wolfy1983 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:11 am

I'd rather spend that money on adding depth to the bench with defense and 3-point shooting. Plus, there's Whiteside's deal to consider. I strongly believe that he's going to pick up where he left off last year with a better offensive game.
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#40 » by 3ballbomber » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:58 am

digg211 wrote:I'd rather spend that money on adding depth to the bench with defense and 3-point shooting. Plus, there's Whiteside's deal to consider. I strongly believe that he's going to pick up where he left off last year with a better offensive game.

I'd prefer this direction also. W/ the money we could throw at Durant we could add several different players who could bolster our bench further w/ more talent, also addressing our 3pt issues w/ that money. We could potentially have the best depth in the league, w/ one of the most formidable and efficient starting line ups also.

Virtue, Ethics & Honor

Return to Miami Heat