ImageImageImage

Bosh Career Is Over Clots Returns "Lungs"

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,994

Re: Bosh Career Is Over Clots Returns "Lungs" 

Post#261 » by eddieheatfan » Thu Feb 9, 2017 9:15 pm

Sgt P wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
Sgt P wrote:
But on whom? Will they be worth it?
As of this roster, we would need PF as dynamic as possible...
funny thing is we need a Bosh :(
Serge? or MillSap ( too old and no way we can get him for scraps )

Blake always struck me as a Miami kind of guy.

The fit tough..well..

I don't see Blake being a fit down here.... smells of an polished B-Eazy to me...
just seems like he would not be hungry for an alpha role... not hating but is he a grinder or can he become one?
i want a player that will make everyone better. and blake is one dimensional player to me ...
Sgt P
Sixth Man
And1: 2,551

Post#262 » by Sgt P » Thu Feb 9, 2017 9:35 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Sgt P wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
What big free agent plans do we have this summer? Outside of Griffin, it looks like we will be spend much of the cap space resigning Waiters and James Johnson. So there will be very little to add a new player. The Heat could take advantage now that they can make a trade without having to match salaries.

But on whom? Will they be worth it?
As of this roster, we would need PF as dynamic as possible...
funny thing is we need a Bosh :(
Serge? or MillSap ( too old and no way we can get him for scraps )

I am not sure just theorizing. Do you take on Rudy Gay or Aaron Afflalo contract and acquire Skal Labissiere in return for cash and Josh McRoberts as an example. Something to that nature.

I did not know much of Labissiere, ( but gotta love possibility Haitian Heatian).
Reviewed this scouting report

Nice size and reach. Long term project. I would do it for Gay... would love to see Gay at the 4 next to HW or WillieWeed...
I like it is a Now&Later
" Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude." said C.P.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#263 » by goodboy » Thu Feb 9, 2017 9:49 pm

Are we still discussing gay? Wtf.
Bright
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,255

Re: RE: Re: Bosh Career Is Over Clots Returns 

Post#264 » by twix2500 » Thu Feb 9, 2017 10:20 pm

goodboy wrote:Are we still discussing gay? Wtf.

Not really discussing Gay. We are talking about taking on Gay contract to acquire a young talent in Labisierre. I think it's interesting thought. Gives the Heat some bodies to work with without over paying for a free agent. Go into next season;

PG: Dragic, TJ
SG: Waiters, Richardson, Ellington
SF: Winslow, White, Gay, McGruder
PF: Labisierre, Johnson
C: Whiteside, Reed

Rookie

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#265 » by puppa bear » Thu Feb 9, 2017 11:14 pm

twix2500 wrote:

Not really discussing Gay. We are talking about taking on Gay contract to acquire a young talent in Labisierre. I think it's interesting thought. Gives the Heat some bodies to work with without over paying for a free agent. Go into next season;

Rookie

That's a deal we can do in the offseason, no need to rush to jump at that. If we strike out with FA targets, then this is a not-totally-shyte back-up plan.
twix2500
RealGM

Re: Bosh Career Is Over Clots Returns 

Post#266 » by twix2500 » Thu Feb 9, 2017 11:26 pm

puppa bear wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Rookie

That's a deal we can do in the offseason, no need to rush to jump at that. If we strike out with FA targets, then this is a not-totally-shyte back-up plan.

The incentive for Kings to do it, would be for the kings to be players in this summer free agency market before the Cousins big contract extension kicks in.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,229

Post#267 » by BBallFreak » Thu Feb 9, 2017 11:53 pm

twix2500 wrote:
puppa bear wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Not really discussing Gay. We are talking about taking on Gay contract to acquire a young talent in Labisierre. I think it's interesting thought. Gives the Heat some bodies to work with without over paying for a free agent. Go into next season;

Rookie

The incentive for Kings to do it, would be for the kings to be players in this summer free agency market before the Cousins big contract extension kicks in.

The only team that can benefit from Bosh's contact situation is us.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#268 » by twix2500 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:07 am

BBallFreak wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
puppa bear wrote:That's a deal we can do in the offseason, no need to rush to jump at that. If we strike out with FA targets, then this is a not-totally-shyte back-up plan.

The only team that can benefit from Bosh's contact situation is us.

No one said trade Bosh. Trading cap space. If the Heat get cap space for Bosh, they will not have to match contract for contract in a trade because they will be under the cap after releasing Bosh. They will be able to take on more money than what they will give out.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#269 » by twix2500 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:43 am

http://heathoops.com/2017/02/nba-to-create-new-fitness-to-play-panel-which-could-have-implications-for-chris-bosh/

NBA To Create New “Fitness-to-Play” Panel Which Could Have Implications for Chris Bosh
February 9th, 2017

But here’s the kicker, and where it could apply to the Heat with Bosh:

If the waiting period associated with the “long-term injury cap clearance process” described above has expired(2), which for Bosh it has, a team trying to clear the salary of a player who it feels has suffered a long-term injury from its cap sheet can, with the agreement of the NBA and the players association(3), request that the “fitness-to-play” panel be utilized as the physician tasked with the responsibility to determine whether the player has suffered a long-term injury.

Why would a team such as the Heat want to utilize the “fitness-to-play” panel as the physician for the “long-term injury cap clearance process”?

Because if the “fitness-to-play” panel determines that the player has suffered not just a long-term injury but rather an injury or illness that would create a materially elevated risk of death for the player, not only will his salary be removed from the team’s cap sheet, it will also be guaranteed not to return to its cap sheet in the future. Under any circumstances. Regardless of whether the player ultimately returns to play with another team or not. Regardless of whether he plays at least 25 games in any one season or not.

That type of assurance could be a huge relief for the Heat – effectively guaranteeing that Bosh’s substantial salary — $25.3 million for 2017-18 and $26.8 million for 2018-19 – would not only be removed from its cap sheet, but also that it could never return.

Sounds great!

But here’s the thing: The rules of the new CBA do not take effect until July 1, 2017

Return to Miami Heat