ImageImageImage

Brooklyn Nets @ Miami Heat - Tuesday October 11th - 7:30PM

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Re: Brooklyn Nets @ Miami Heat - Tuesday October 11th - 7:30PM 

Post#421 » by Chalm Down » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:43 am

QUIZ wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:Shame we've only played poor teams so far and it's just preseason.
Also I'm all for keeping Babbitt, he's the best catch-and-shoot guy we have on the team.

Timberpuppies could be a playoff team, depending on how much you believe the hype. Too bad Miami had to turd quarter against them tho.

Agreed on Babbitt. We just need to convince Bish :)

We play the Spurs on Friday, though Pop doesn't really care about preseason. Nevertheless the game is in San Antonio, winning there is something we've rarely ever done, even during the big 3 years.

Oh great, goodboy op-ing a spurs thread, things should go just great...

Yeah, the preseason game won't mean much, but iirc Miami plays them twice in the first month or so of the regular season. A win against them would be so nice :)
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#422 » by goodboy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:57 am

Chalm Down wrote:
QUIZ wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
Timberpuppies could be a playoff team, depending on how much you believe the hype. Too bad Miami had to turd quarter against them tho.

We play the Spurs on Friday, though Pop doesn't really care about preseason. Nevertheless the game is in San Antonio, winning there is something we've rarely ever done, even during the big 3 years.

Oh great, goodboy op-ing a spurs thread, things should go just great...

Yeah, the preseason game won't mean much, but iirc Miami plays them twice in the first month or so of the regular season. A win against them would be so nice :)

I'll take us to the promise land Chalms, I promise.

Spoiler:
Bright
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#423 » by dancing2thabeet » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:57 am

ez win
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#424 » by KingDavid » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:24 pm

QUIZ wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:If Winslow develops an above average offensive game, then its over.

Yeeeeeeeah, but I'd rather not have another tannehill on our hands.

Tannehill's a loser, even as is Justise isn't that imo.

I was aiming more for sitting on potential for years. If he can't develop into our centerpiece all around soon (yes, I know he's 20), then he'll at least be a solid starter at the minimum. But I'd rather we not get hung up on what he could be (on offense) and just take him for what he is. If he grows, great. If he doesn't, hey, we have a solid role player that is elite on defense.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,498

Post#425 » by Bishop45 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:32 pm

Chalm Down wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:Shame we've only played poor teams so far and it's just preseason.
Also I'm all for keeping Babbitt, he's the best catch-and-shoot guy we have on the team.

No convincing needed, I'm sure he's the most natural catch n shoot player here. Cost of keeping him on the floor tho<<<

Would love to have him if not for the line at PF
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,735

Post#426 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:41 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:

No convincing needed, I'm sure he's the most natural catch n shoot player here. Cost of keeping him on the floor tho<<<

What line do we really have at PF tho? Williams (Check)James Johnson (Check) McBob( :x ) Haslem( :dontknow: ) Bosh ( :noway: ). If anything Babbit is more of a SF on offense on the floor. He's a great compliment to Winslow and all of the other players above. As for PG we have Dragic, Udrih, TJ, and J Rich. Listen bruh i like Weber too. I just think with the roster crunch he would not get playing time anyway and would be better served continuing to work on his shot in the D League until something opens up. Now Beno is going in for an MRI on his back which is never a good thing no matter who is trying to down play it. I would imagine if Beno is looking at any extended period of being sidelined that he would be the one cut in favor of Webes. Until then i think Webes is on the outside looking in. He barely even played last night until garbage time came about.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#427 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Dragic loves having players that can actually make an open three ball.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#428 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:08 pm

Read on Twitter
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#429 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:11 pm

Read on Twitter

Looks like Williams and Ellington are earning there way into the starting lineup. Now you could understand why Spo went with them last night.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#430 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:18 pm

Read on Twitter
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#431 » by Bishop45 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:22 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:

What line do we really have at PF tho? Williams (Check)James Johnson (Check) McBob( :x ) Haslem( :dontknow: ) Bosh ( :noway: ). If anything Babbit is more of a SF on offense on the floor. He's a great compliment to Winslow and all of the other players above. As for PG we have Dragic, Udrih, TJ, and J Rich. Listen bruh i like Weber too. I just think with the roster crunch he would not get playing time anyway and would be better served continuing to work on his shot in the D League until something opens up. Now Beno is going in for an MRI on his back which is never a good thing no matter who is trying to down play it. I would imagine if Beno is looking at any extended period of being sidelined that he would be the one cut in favor of Webes. Until then i think Webes is on the outside looking in. He barely even played last night until garbage time came about.

Williams, Johnson, McBob, Haslem is a line. Babbitt makes 5, Bosh makes six. Johnson and Richardson aren't point guards no matter how we try to paint them. TJ/Waiters, Rich/Waiters as a backcourt won't ever work... You know this. None of those guys are or have the ability to be exceptions at the position. That won't change. Beno won't get cut, he shouldn't. He's one of the three point guards on the roster, which makes it one of our slimmer positions

Do you believe Rich or Johnson have the capacity to grow into PG's or backcourt issue being overblown?

Rest in Power Chadwick

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#432 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:24 pm

Updated Roster with starting lineup projection

C Hassan Whiteside C Willie Reed C/PF Udonis Haslem
PF Derrick Williams PF James Johnson PF Josh McRoberts (PF Chris Bosh)
SF Justise Winslow SF/SG/PG Josh Richardson SF/PF Luke Babbit
SG Wayne Ellington SG Dion Waiters
PG Goran Dragic PG/SG Tyler Johnson (PG Beno Udrih or PG Briante Weber)Final Cut
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#433 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:25 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Williams, Johnson, McBob, Haslem is a line. Babbitt makes 5, Bosh makes six. Johnson and Richardson aren't point guards no matter how we try to paint them. TJ/Waiters, Rich/Waiters as a backcourt won't ever work... You know this. None of those guys are or have the ability to be exceptions at the position. That won't change. Beno won't get cut, he shouldn't. He's one of the three point guards on the roster, which makes it one of our slimmer positions

Do you believe Rich or Johnson have the capacity to grow into PG's or backcourt issue being overblown?

I think the organization is willing to deal with the bumps in the road with forcing TJ and Rich to learn the position in a backup role. It was clearly visible yesterday with the limited run Bri got even with Beno sidelined. Briante played a whopping 6 minutes. That's not good when you are trying to fight for a roster spot.
PizzaLord305
Sixth Man
And1: 6,480

Post#434 » by PizzaLord305 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:31 pm

Yeah, Briante is definitely not an nba caliber player on the offensive end yet. he can stew in the d league for while. He's a good guy to have in the farm system.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#435 » by Bishop45 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:37 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:What line do we really have at PF tho? Williams (Check)James Johnson (Check) McBob( :x ) Haslem( :dontknow: ) Bosh ( :noway: ). If anything Babbit is more of a SF on offense on the floor. He's a great compliment to Winslow and all of the other players above. As for PG we have Dragic, Udrih, TJ, and J Rich. Listen bruh i like Weber too. I just think with the roster crunch he would not get playing time anyway and would be better served continuing to work on his shot in the D League until something opens up. Now Beno is going in for an MRI on his back which is never a good thing no matter who is trying to down play it. I would imagine if Beno is looking at any extended period of being sidelined that he would be the one cut in favor of Webes. Until then i think Webes is on the outside looking in. He barely even played last night until garbage time came about.

I think the organization is willing to deal with the bumps in the road with forcing TJ and Rich to learn the position in a backup role. It was clearly visible yesterday with the limited run Bri got even with Beno sidelined. Briante played a whopping 6 minutes. That's not good when you are trying to fight for a roster spot.

Minutes not really indicative of anything, there are going to be preseason games where he plays more, like Ellington.

You know Rich and TJ won't ever grow into PG's and they're going to end the season playing different positions. Rich probably doesn't see the court as a point for any solid stretch

Rest in Power Chadwick

PizzaLord305
Sixth Man
And1: 6,480

Post#436 » by PizzaLord305 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:39 pm

Also, I really hope Hassan maintains his focus man cause it's nice to see him do this well after getting paid. Guys are gonna wanna play with a guy like him cause holding down the paint and being reliable on the roll makes everyone's life easier. He owes it to himself to stay on the right path. He's obv shown maturity issues in the past, but you don't make it like Hassan made it unless you've got drive. Imagine this guy going from an underachieving punk to an all star big man and leader of a team. I hope that's what happens
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#437 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:45 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Minutes not really indicative of anything, there are going to be preseason games where he plays more, like Ellington.

You know Rich and TJ won't ever grow into PG's and they're going to end the season playing different positions. Rich probably doesn't see the court as a point for any solid stretch

J Rich will handle the ball plenty as he did last year for stretches. Spo's second unit looks to be all combo guard centric. I could envision TJ, Waiters, and J Rich all handling the ball at times with the second unit. It's basically whomever grabs the ball or first one to get the outlet is who will attack and bring the ball up. Even Derrick Williams was bringing the ball up last night.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#438 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:50 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Minutes in a preseason game for a young player like Bri on the roster bubble is certainly indicative that he may be on the outside looking in. 6 minutes in a preseason game is not good for a player fighting for a roster spot no matter how you slice it. The main core bench rotation was TJ, Waiters, Babbit, and Reed. Pretty much what i see as a prelude to what Spo is looking to do in the regular season until J Rich gets back.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,995

Post#439 » by eddieheatfan » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:27 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:I think the organization is willing to deal with the bumps in the road with forcing TJ and Rich to learn the position in a backup role. It was clearly visible yesterday with the limited run Bri got even with Beno sidelined. Briante played a whopping 6 minutes. That's not good when you are trying to fight for a roster spot.

Minutes in a preseason game for a young player like Bri on the roster bubble is certainly indicative that he may be on the outside looking in. 6 minutes in a preseason game is not good for a player fighting for a roster spot no matter how you slice it. The main core bench rotation was TJ, Waiters, Babbit, and Reed. Pretty much what i see as a prelude to what Spo is looking to do in the regular season until J Rich gets back.
yeppers
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,120

Post#440 » by Dennis Reynolds » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:00 pm

I normally don't go through other team's game threads but decided to take a quick look to see how you guys react to meaningless games and it doesn't look good, lol. I thought the Magic board's bad but I guess every fanbase's pretty much the same. :)

Return to Miami Heat