ImageImageImage

2017 Draft night/Undrafted FA/Summer League thread

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Mars
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,174

Re: 2017 Draft night/Undrafted FA/Summer League thread 

Post#1181 » by Mars » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:12 am

El Alonzo scowl wrote:
Read on Twitter

Reading this article is infuriating.

Could've replenished our empty draft cupboard and have assets for future trades. Instead we threw it away for Tony Allen Jr and a minuscule chance at Kevin Durant :banghead:

GUTS™
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1182 » by HIF » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:21 am

koogiking wrote:
HIF wrote:
koogiking wrote:
I did actually 8-)

Do you know tonight's euromillions numbers?

I'm going to guess 2,17,25,8,12 and 5,10 for the lucky stars numbers

Good luck

ah well that was 2 euros 50 down the drain.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1183 » by HIF » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:22 am

Can someone buzz me when the Real Riley makes his entrance into the off-season.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,437

Post#1184 » by MartyConlonJr » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:31 am

El Alonzo scowl wrote:
Read on Twitter

Could've replenished our empty draft cupboard and have assets for future trades. Instead we threw it away for Tony Allen Jr and a minuscule chance at Kevin Durant :banghead:

Kelly Oubre, Terry Rozier and Jaylen Brown, plus maybe another 15th-20th pick in the Kelly Oubre quality range in a few years. So basically Winslow for Jaylen Brown. At a time when the 3rd pick could have easily been the 7th or 8th pick (spose you could argue could also have been the 1st pick though). You give me this trade right now and I maybe take it but I don't guarantee you I do at all. I reckon Danny Ainge still probably does this trade too still for Winslow
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,496

Post#1185 » by Bishop45 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:34 pm

Read on Twitter

Everybody's squading up, we need to call Stokes and all our other Summer League dawgs. Get Rodney to run one more time too
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,594

Post#1186 » by fishfuego. » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:37 pm

MartyConlonJr wrote:
El Alonzo scowl wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kelly Oubre, Terry Rozier and Jaylen Brown, plus maybe another 15th-20th pick in the Kelly Oubre quality range in a few years. So basically Winslow for Jaylen Brown. At a time when the 3rd pick could have easily been the 7th or 8th pick (spose you could argue could also have been the 1st pick though). You give me this trade right now and I maybe take it but I don't guarantee you I do at all. I reckon Danny Ainge still probably does this trade too still for Winslow

Winslow WILL learn how to shoot consistently (not unrealistic considering he has the mechanics), then watch out.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#1187 » by puppa bear » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:41 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:Also, Matt Williams from UCF is playing with our SL team. He was my favorite shooter in the draft outside of Kennard.

He is absolutely filthy coming off of screens and in catch and shoot situations. I can see him being a possible candidate that could replace Ellington if we want to free that $$ up.

Love the second clip - 8 minutes of a straight up gunner pulling the trigger, non-stop. Williams read a lot of the little things his defenders were getting wrong & every time they dropped their left hand too low he popped it. Honestly, he looked like an adult toying with kids.
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#1188 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:03 pm

Safe to say the pick made all Heat nation scratch their heads and say wtf is Riley doing, but after doing some research on this guy and watching some film, I'm in that "give him a chance first" boat

Bam looks to be a genuine hardworker and has all the tools and resources now that he's in Heat nation. Up to him whether he becomes Ibaka on steroids or a Ekpe Udoh
:hug:
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#1189 » by Altered_Beast » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:08 pm

yo matt williams looks like a heat killer im glad we got him for SL hopefully he can ball out

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#1190 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:12 pm

RJM wrote:
RJM wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Keep in mind that Ibaka worked to become a decent shooter, he wasn't drafted with it.

Erik Spoeslstra changed the jumpers of Dwyane Wade, Goran Dragic, Wayne Ellington, and so on. He can make Bam a knockdown shooter. Rumor has it Winslow might have a chance.

He doesn't.

I think injuries played more of a factor on winslow's shooting than anything else. He could just have no sense of the rim, but I think he deserves a full season to get that shot down.
OP for NBA FT record
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Re: RE: Re: 2017 Draft night/Undrafted FA/Summer League thread 

Post#1191 » by Hallstar » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:15 pm

SpacelyH wrote:
Wiltside wrote:People have been way too quick to write off Justise. Dudes don't just come in and become Jimmy Butler. Not even Jimmy Butler himself.

I'm expecting with a full offseason working with Spo and Fodor that Justise will show a lot of progress. Bam's jumper is already a much better form, so I'm hoping he can show us some moves in SL that he didn't in his year at Kentucky.

it took Paul George and Jimmy Butler like 3-4 years to become the players they are now. Winslow has time people are being too impatient and wanting an all-star caliber player right away.

People would settle for positive contributor right now

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#1192 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:16 pm

Hallstar wrote:
SpacelyH wrote:
Wiltside wrote:People have been way too quick to write off Justise. Dudes don't just come in and become Jimmy Butler. Not even Jimmy Butler himself.

I'm expecting with a full offseason working with Spo and Fodor that Justise will show a lot of progress. Bam's jumper is already a much better form, so I'm hoping he can show us some moves in SL that he didn't in his year at Kentucky.

it took Paul George and Jimmy Butler like 3-4 years to become the players they are now. Winslow has time people are being too impatient and wanting an all-star caliber player right away.

for real
SpacelyH
Sophomore
And1: 193

Post#1193 » by SpacelyH » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:27 pm

Hallstar wrote:
SpacelyH wrote:

Well it doesn't always work that way buddy.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM

Post#1194 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:33 pm

SpacelyH wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
SpacelyH wrote:

no coincidence that replacing him with a shooter contributed to our 2nd half success. I think spo is smart enough to see this, use him as a 10min a night situational guy. As a tank commander tho, winslow is hands down the man you want, you can't teach 20% from 3
SpacelyH
Sophomore

Post#1195 » by SpacelyH » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:
SpacelyH wrote:
Hallstar wrote:People would settle for positive contributor right now

no coincidence that replacing him with a shooter contributed to our 2nd half success. I think spo is smart enough to see this, use him as a 10min a night situational guy. As a tank commander tho, winslow is hands down the man you want, you can't teach 20% from 3

He was also injured during those 18 games, and he wasn't replaced he got injured that's a huge difference. They wouldn't be so confident in Winslow if they were planning on replacing him. Shooting can be taught I'm not sure if you understand that? Defense is harder to be taught and Winslow is great at that already.
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,802

Post#1196 » by Mos_Heat » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:54 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:
SpacelyH wrote:
Hallstar wrote:People would settle for positive contributor right now

:rofl:
:reporter:
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM

Post#1197 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:55 pm

SpacelyH wrote:
Heat_Fan_87 wrote:
SpacelyH wrote:

He was also injured during those 18 games, and he wasn't replaced he got injured that's a huge difference. They wouldn't be so confident in Winslow if they were planning on replacing him. Shooting can be taught I'm not sure if you understand that? Defense if harder to be taught and Winslow is great at that already.

his injury allowed spo to play another shooter and we played awesome.

who cares if winslow is the best defender in the world, right now, when he is on the floor, he helps our opponents more than us. hoping that changes since he is on our team and we need all the help we can get, but a tweener that shoots 20% from 3, yea...

if shooting can be taught why are there so many guys with bad shots?

if you have some video of his shot improved, i would love to see it.
SpacelyH
Sophomore

Post#1198 » by SpacelyH » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:04 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:
SpacelyH wrote:
Heat_Fan_87 wrote:

He was also injured during those 18 games, and he wasn't replaced he got injured that's a huge difference. They wouldn't be so confident in Winslow if they were planning on replacing him. Shooting can be taught I'm not sure if you understand that? Defense if harder to be taught and Winslow is great at that already.

who cares if winslow is the best defender in the world, right now, when he is on the floor, he helps our opponents more than us. hoping that changes since he is on our team and we need all the help we can get, but a tweener that shoots 20% from 3, yea...

Lol okay great? the surge from JJ and Dion had a higher impact.

Winslow is actually decent at pull up jump shots, I believe he shot in the 40's percentile from pull up mid range shots.

Okay and? Totally different players my guy. I said it CAN be taught. Doesn't mean everyone is gonna be a shooter. Draymond Green, Serge Ibaka, Kawhi Leonard etc. weren't known for shooting before coming into the league and became shooters so you can't just basic it off "lol why everyone in the league can't shoot then". It's a fact that shooting is easier to learn than defense. It took KD a while to become good/solid at defense.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM

Post#1199 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:19 pm

SpacelyH wrote:
Heat_Fan_87 wrote:
SpacelyH wrote:

Winslow is actually decent at pull up jump shots, I believe he shot in the 40's percentile from pull up mid range shots.

Okay and? Totally different players my guy. I said it CAN be taught. Doesn't mean everyone is gonna be a shooter. Draymond Green, Serge Ibaka, Kawhi Leonard etc. weren't known for shooting before coming into the league and became shooters so you can't just basic it off "lol why everyone in the league can't shoot then". It's a fact that shooting is easier to learn than defense. It took KD a while to become good/solid at defense.

everyone is hoping he develops a jumper, other wise it's another first round bust for us.

winsow shot 20% from 10-16 feet last season, terrible.(worse than whiteside)
he shot under 50% from 0-3 feet.

JJ and dion had something called space on the floor, when the guy that normally doesnt have to worry about guarding winslow, has to actually guard a shooter we put out there, space is created, we want space. give me the guy that is great at offense over the player that is great at defense every day. team defense can cover a lot, just look at booker.

just curious, who do you think has a higher ceiling, booker or winslow?
SpacelyH
Sophomore

Post#1200 » by SpacelyH » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:16 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:
SpacelyH wrote:
Heat_Fan_87 wrote:

everyone is hoping he develops a jumper, other wise it's another first round bust for us.

winsow shot 20% from 10-16 feet last season, terrible.(worse than whiteside)
he shot under 50% from 0-3 feet.

JJ and dion had something called space on the floor, when the guy that normally doesnt have to worry about guarding winslow, has to actually guard a shooter we put out there, space is created, we want space. give me the guy that is great at offense over the player that is great at defense every day. team defense can cover a lot, just look at booker.

just curious, who do you think has a higher ceiling, booker or winslow?

I specifically said pull up mid range shots not just mid range shots. Remember, he was injured last year so you really can't go off those stats like that. Anyways, his pull up shot is pretty solid and that's something to work off of.

Clearly Devin booker as of now. Mans averaged 22 and dropped 70 points in a game. But Winslow does a lot of things better than Booker. Booker has the better offensive skill set and is a better scorer but Winslow is the better defender, rebounder, and passer.

Return to Miami Heat