ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XX (that's 20)

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,996

Re: Random Thoughts XX (that's 20) 

Post#141 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm

Heat3 wrote:Dame Time can wait. It’s Tua Time until February!
:nod:
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,789

Post#142 » by Johnny Fontane » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:48 pm

70 burger wow
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,864

Post#143 » by Tony15 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:09 am

What's most encouraging is how McDaniel is patient with the run game these last two weeks. Big test @BUF next week.
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#144 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Oct 8, 2023 12:13 pm

disappointed in how the canes lost the game yesterday night, they fumbled themselves in to a loss. incredible stupid of them :banghead:
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,504

Post#145 » by Bishop45 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:53 am

Insane and sad man

Read on Twitter
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,938

Post#146 » by Wiltside » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:58 am

Bishop45 wrote:Insane and sad man

Read on Twitter

The world is in a dark, dark place Bish. Truly heartbreaking.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#147 » by contract » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:29 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:disappointed in how the canes lost the game yesterday night, they fumbled themselves in to a loss. incredible stupid of them :banghead:

They can't seem to break out of their pattern. Hype followed by heartbreak followed by collapse. Hopefully we don't suffer another blowout at the hands of Clemson because we can't fire Mario anytime soon. :banghead:
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,593

Post#148 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:12 pm

Wiltside wrote:

Read on Twitter

The world is in a dark, dark place Bish. Truly heartbreaking.

War will always take from you far more than the hurt you put out specially to the front line soldiers, while the leaders sit in their mansions pointing away. The innocent life, bystanders and the collateral damage will never be justified, it never ends the situation only starts a new cycle. Its a vicious cycle that repeats itself over and over specially when the survivors grow up only to re-enact revenge and starting the process over again. I wish there was a way to stop the death cycle, its like loop on replay for some countries, you would think we have advanced as a society far enough were we should be able to talk amongst each other and find common ground. Its terrible what happened in Israel, it's terrible what is happening in Palestine, life doesn't have a pause button.

What were seeing here is a country "Israel" that weighted the results of killing innocent life by bombing or shelling the Gaza strip instead of using a foot frontal assault clearing the Gaza with ground soldiers looking for active Hamas cells. The death toll would had been much higher to their own and the process far lengthier "years" of urban warfare, thus the tactical decision made is to go this route.

The U.S. faced similar scenarios with ISIS and Taliban in Afghanistan, however the decision not to Bomb villages filled with innocent life caused a urban warfare against the Afghan terrorist militia on the ground that took thousands of American soldier lives. I lived that terror holding my combat brethren in my arms watching them pass, however in my eyes even if it was the harder path, I felt it was the correct. I still don't know if it was the correct tactical route, seeing the Taliban re-take Afghanistan the moment we walked away. Sure we could have leveled Afghanistan to oblivion and eradicated them, however this would come at the cost of killing thousands of innocents in the process. Just like most terrorist groups they surround themselves with civilians as shields on purpose.

War will never have good intentions or good outcomes, just death. I pray that Israel find it in their hearts to stop Bombing, and that Hamas would disband and turn themselves over.
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#149 » by eddieheatfan » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:26 am

the dolphins were cheated in last night game :banghead:

they played bad too that's why the refs didnt need to give the eagles the help that they got. :banghead:
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#150 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:59 am

eddieheatfan wrote:the dolphins were cheated in last night game :banghead:

they played bad too that's why the refs didnt need to give the eagles the help that they got. :banghead:

They had some timely calls that swung the game, if it was fairly called theres a chance that game is far closer than how it ended. I am unsure if we win but we were definately kept at bay with those terrible calls. Also the Eagles did the same thing, and nothing was called on them, which is why they kept doing it knowing full well they would not get the calls.
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,598

Post#151 » by marson » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:11 pm

Read on Twitter

Horrible. Almost the same amount died on 9/11 and the NY tragedy only took less than two hours. Let that sink in.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#152 » by contract » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:10 pm

Odd ... I seem to have been unbanned from the General Board. :dontknow:
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#154 » by IceColdCubano » Sun Nov 5, 2023 4:27 pm

So i guess the Dolphins are frauds, they can't beat a good team with winning record. Its not going to get easier as the weather gets colder which they tend to play bad in.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,992

Post#155 » by DayofMourning » Sun Nov 5, 2023 4:48 pm

I bought Lords of the Fallen 2 for PS5 and was super excited to play it, but after having to force my wave through mob after mob with clunky controls and a **** locking system, I think Im done. Its a garbage version of dark souls that does everything wrong.

Conversely, I bought Mario Bros Wonder for my son and that game is truly fun. It is so entertaining and a joy to play.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#156 » by IceColdCubano » Sun Nov 5, 2023 6:17 pm

DayofMourning wrote:I bought Lords of the Fallen 2 for PS5 and was super excited to play it, but after having to force my wave through mob after mob with clunky controls and a **** locking system, I think Im done. Its a garbage version of dark souls that does everything wrong.

Conversely, I bought Mario Bros Wonder for my son and that game is truly fun. It is so entertaining and a joy to play.

We have gone and traded good game mechanics and fun replay factor for fancy graphics and cinematics. I have 3-5 year old games I still play over some of the new stuff that comes out, you beat once and forget it.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,992

Post#157 » by DayofMourning » Sun Nov 5, 2023 7:00 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:I bought Lords of the Fallen 2 for PS5 and was super excited to play it, but after having to force my wave through mob after mob with clunky controls and a **** locking system, I think Im done. Its a garbage version of dark souls that does everything wrong.

We have gone and traded good game mechanics and fun replay factor for fancy graphics and cinematics. I have 3-5 year old games I still play over some of the new stuff that comes out, you beat once and forget it.

I just dont know how they justify making a game play this poorly.

The place where I put my controller down has about ten dogs, 4 elite warriors, two bosses who are now regular enemies back to back, 4 crossbow snipers who can hit you even if theyre not on screen, and a bunch of non aggro dudes which the game makes you lock on to just to add that nonsense in to the mix. Thats all within a very short pathway. That leads you to a door where you have to realm shift in to a mob with half your health in order to solve a puzzle....

All the while your weapon is slow, the camera is janky as hell and when theres an enemy 10 paces away and you try to lock on it will more than likely turn your character 180 degrees so you can get some metal up your ass. Its wild. The developers said forget fun, lets make this a slog of epic proportions.

Its just an awful game.

Id switch to another PS5 game but Diablo 4 is a little too repetitive for me and Baldurs Gate 3 is turn based...
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,864

Post#158 » by Tony15 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 7:50 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:So i guess the Dolphins are frauds, they can't beat a good team with winning record. Its not going to get easier as the weather gets colder which they tend to play bad in.

Meh I was encouraged by the second half and they were competitive.....we had our chances today. We were jobbed @PHI & BUF doesn't scare me...they're no different from last year and we nearly beat them w/ Skylar Thompson at QB. So long as we're healthy, we can make noise.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#159 » by IceColdCubano » Sun Nov 5, 2023 7:55 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

I just dont know how they justify making a game play this poorly.

The place where I put my controller down has about ten dogs, 4 elite warriors, two bosses who are now regular enemies back to back, 4 crossbow snipers who can hit you even if theyre not on screen, and a bunch of non aggro dudes which the game makes you lock on to just to add that nonsense in to the mix. Thats all within a very short pathway. That leads you to a door where you have to realm shift in to a mob with half your health in order to solve a puzzle....

All the while your weapon is slow, the camera is janky as hell and when theres an enemy 10 paces away and you try to lock on it will more than likely turn your character 180 degrees so you can get some metal up your ass. Its wild. The developers said forget fun, lets make this a slog of epic proportions.

Its just an awful game.

Id switch to another PS5 game but Diablo 4 is a little too repetitive for me and Baldurs Gate 3 is turn based...

Wait another year before Diablo4 is better. Right now they have made some improvements but the game is still in what I think developement. The new seasonal play has made improvements.

BG3 is amazing, I have beaten the game with 3 different character setups, game of the year for me. Im not a turn base fan and even I had a blast with how much your allowed to do. Had a blast with character creation and classes, made a barb expert at throwing. I would yit over the enemy random ish, sauseges, cheeses, chairs, barrels, hell made a dwarve in heavy armor with giant axe I would throw across the field killing one enemy and putting him in the middle of the fight. Played super good character, then evil, then and an azzhole manipulater.
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#160 » by eddieheatfan » Mon Nov 6, 2023 1:49 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
Heat3 wrote:Dame Time can wait. It’s Tua Time until February!
:nod:
what a sad loss for the dolphins on national tv. they arent ready for primetime. first round exit if they make it to the playoffs

Return to Miami Heat