ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XX (that's 20)

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,996

Re: Random Thoughts XX (that's 20) 

Post#181 » by eddieheatfan » Mon Jan 1, 2024 12:14 am

Tony15 wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:dolphins just lost in the most embarrassing way :banghead:

this team is a fraud. one playoff exist coming up
Honestly tempting to sit everyone next week....we're broken enough as it is & we clinched a spot last week so I'd rather go in the wild card round as healthy as possible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
i dont think mcdaniel would go for that. it would be wild if this team drops back to the 6th seed to later face the ks chief
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,864

Post#182 » by Tony15 » Mon Jan 1, 2024 12:33 am

Love my chances against KC personally, but yeah I don't disagree. As long as we have a shot at the division, we should go for it.....just miffed about all the injuries piling up at the worst possible time.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#183 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Jan 8, 2024 6:40 pm

Same old Dolphins. I know Tua’s better than him, but for older Dolphins fans, you can’t tell me he doesn’t have some Jay Fiedler in him. Capable game manager, but isn’t going to win you games.
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,864

Post#184 » by Tony15 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 7:26 pm

Tua is more of a rhythm QB.....he simply isn't as good when he's forced to scramble and can't get the ball out in 2.5 seconds. As opposed to Josh Allen, who....well....you saw it last night.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,222

Post#185 » by Heat3 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:50 pm

Tua is way more than a game manager. But the dolphins run an offense based on timing and the ball getting thrown to where a receiver is supposed to be. Waddle is hurt. No one outside of Hill can get open and he’s getting triple covered. I think they will need to change the offense next year a bit. It was way too dependent on Hill this year and when he wasn’t available everyone seemed lost.

Sometimes Tua gets tunnel vision and throws a dumb pick but I have full confidence that he’s good enough to win a Super Bowl. The team and coach will grow into it. They are also too injured now.

Tua’s production and mistakes may not change a whole lot. But once he gets the ring the whole narrative around him will change.

I had to avoid most sports talk this week. I couldn’t believe that a main topic was whether Tua and coach were the right ones for the job. That was the topic a week before a playoff game. For the best dolphins team in about 30 years. After 2 decades of garbage and revolving door of no name QBs and coaches. Smh.

Then I come here and I still see Herro trades. Lol.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,789

Post#186 » by Johnny Fontane » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:58 pm

Let’s go Phins! Been letdowns this season and in the past but they’re still our Phins. Going to root them on until the end
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#187 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:25 am

I think McDaniel is fine, but I’m not sold on Tua yet. Also same old December/January Dolphins, they finished the season 1-4 and the 1 win was by 1 point. This franchise is cursed.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach

Post#188 » by Johnny Fontane » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:21 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:I think McDaniel is fine, but I’m not sold on Tua yet. Also same old December/January Dolphins, they finished the season 1-4 and the 1 win was by 1 point. This franchise is cursed.

Tua not that guy. Notice his level of play dipped ten fold when teams figured out all he does is force it to Tyreke all game long. Tua is a gimmick QB and hopefully gone next season
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,031

Post#189 » by SerialChiller » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:50 am

I live in Canada so don't really care about the other Miami teams, but damn rough end to the season for the 'Phins. My condolences guys...
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#190 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:42 pm

SerialChiller wrote:I live in Canada so don't really care about the other Miami teams, but damn rough end to the season for the 'Phins. My condolences guys...
yeah this wild card game was a shameful performance by the dolphins. tua is just an above average QB. the dolphins will only reach wild card games with this guy

the coaches are suspect too. last night they ran the most stupid plays in a repetitive way as well
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#191 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:42 pm

Johnny Fontane wrote:
Tim_Hardawayy wrote:I think McDaniel is fine, but I’m not sold on Tua yet. Also same old December/January Dolphins, they finished the season 1-4 and the 1 win was by 1 point. This franchise is cursed.

Tua not that guy. Notice his level of play dipped ten fold when teams figured out all he does is force it to Tyreke all game long. Tua is a gimmick QB and hopefully gone next season
agreed
unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,858

Post#192 » by unowen85 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:17 pm

I think Tua showed enough improvement, compared to last season, to earn one more year as starter. He’s our best QB since Marino, I do not want to give up on him too quickly.

But same with Tyler and his abnormally small wingspan, Tua’s metrics (short and weak throwing arm) should’ve dissuaded the front office from drafting him in the first place.
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach

Post#193 » by Johnny Fontane » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:32 pm

unowen85 wrote:I think Tua showed enough improvement, compared to last season, to earn one more year as starter. He’s our best QB since Marino, I do not want to give up on him too quickly.

But same with Tyler and his abnormally small wingspan, Tua’s metrics (short and weak throwing arm) should’ve dissuaded the front office from drafting him in the first place.

Only option left if letting him play out the last year of his rookie deal which is very likely to happen. Id rather see us trade or sign someone who can command an offense and not have the glaring weaknesses that this QB has
unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,858

Post#194 » by unowen85 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:02 pm

Johnny Fontane wrote:
unowen85 wrote:I think Tua showed enough improvement, compared to last season, to earn one more year as starter. He’s our best QB since Marino, I do not want to give up on him too quickly.

Only option left if letting him play out the last year of his rookie deal which is very likely to happen. Id rather see us trade or sign someone who can command an offense and not have the glaring weaknesses that this QB has

I also lay a lot of the blame on the coach. Seems like coaches figured out McDaniels’ offense and McDaniels had no answers on how to alter his game plans to keep offense productive.

Both of them need to figure it out next year.
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach

Post#195 » by Johnny Fontane » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:14 pm

unowen85 wrote:
Johnny Fontane wrote:

I also lay a lot of the blame on the coach. Seems like coaches figured out McDaniels’ offense and McDaniels had no answers on how to alter his game plans to keep offense productive.

Both of them need to figure it out next year.

Yeah Mcd has got a lot of due criticism and it may be deserved. However there were some moments of genius from him that maybe worth another look with a different QB. In terms of Tua though I firmly believe he’s a lost cause, and another year of him is another wasted year. Like the kid he’s a good kid with a great story but winning in the nfl is not about participation trophies and good stories
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,992

Post#196 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:04 am

Lies of P fellas. Now thats my type of game. Very well done by a fairly obscure team. Its a quality copy of Bloodborne. So, for those who've needed that BB itch scratched, this is the one for you.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,938

Post#197 » by Wiltside » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:39 am

DayofMourning wrote:Lies of P fellas. Now thats my type of game. Very well done by a fairly obscure team. Its a quality copy of Bloodborne. So, for those who've needed that BB itch scratched, this is the one for you.

I always want to like FromSoft games, but I just suck at the combat. I guess that’s the point, learn the patterns and timing etc, but I have like no time to play video games these days and my patience is tested.

Just booted up Alan Wake 2. It’s early, but it seems really good so far.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#198 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:47 am

Wiltside wrote:I always want to like FromSoft games, but I just suck at the combat. I guess that’s the point, learn the patterns and timing etc, but I have like no time to play video games these days and my patience is tested.

Just booted up Alan Wake 2. It’s early, but it seems really good so far.

I can get that. The combat requires quality timing, managing your stamina, and plenty of patience. Some of these bosses in these type of games become absolutely epic once you figure them out and get the win. I lost at least 100 times to a boss in DS3. Its was extremely frustrating, but I bout busted a nut when I finally took that dude down. The payoff was amazing.

Ive had AW2 on my periphery due to the fanfare its receiving. Let me know how it turns out.

I bought Lies of P along with Armored Core, and Little Nightmares 2. LN2 is a very fun, unique game.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#199 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:32 am

This is a nice watch.

;t=336s&pp=ygUiU2hhcSBiYXR0a2VzIGFsb256byBtb3VybmluZyBpbiBsYQ%3D%3D

That Heat squad was serious. If theyd had a real scorer then they couldve done it.
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#200 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:54 am

DayofMourning wrote:Lies of P fellas. Now thats my type of game. Very well done by a fairly obscure team. Its a quality copy of Bloodborne. So, for those who've needed that BB itch scratched, this is the one for you.
i'm playing dragon quest monsters. game feels like a pokeman game :lol:

i'm just only 26 mins in so i need more time to see if the game is good. though games without much of a story makes me sleepy

Return to Miami Heat