ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XX (that's 20)

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,996

Re: Random Thoughts XX (that's 20) 

Post#161 » by eddieheatfan » Mon Nov 6, 2023 1:51 am

Tony15 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:So i guess the Dolphins are frauds, they can't beat a good team with winning record. Its not going to get easier as the weather gets colder which they tend to play bad in.

Meh I was encouraged by the second half and they were competitive.....we had our chances today. We were jobbed @PHI & BUF doesn't scare me...they're no different from last year and we nearly beat them w/ Skylar Thompson at QB. So long as we're healthy, we can make noise.
this is making too many mistakes to be considered on a serious way. could be a playoff team and that's it.

i'm not sold on tua and our offense because of the silly mistakes that they make
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,992

Post#162 » by DayofMourning » Mon Nov 6, 2023 1:11 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:BG3 is amazing, I have beaten the game with 3 different character setups, game of the year for me. Im not a turn base fan and even I had a blast with how much your allowed to do. Had a blast with character creation and classes, made a barb expert at throwing. I would yit over the enemy random ish, sauseges, cheeses, chairs, barrels, hell made a dwarve in heavy armor with giant axe I would throw across the field killing one enemy and putting him in the middle of the fight. Played super good character, then evil, then and an azzhole manipulater.

Maybe I will give it another chance. I remember loving the 2nd one and its free flowing exploration. Being confined to playing the game within a fixed system takes the fun away. I will give it another go and try to be open minded.
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,864

Post#163 » by Tony15 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 1:45 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
Tony15 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:So i guess the Dolphins are frauds, they can't beat a good team with winning record. Its not going to get easier as the weather gets colder which they tend to play bad in.

Meh I was encouraged by the second half and they were competitive.....we had our chances today. We were jobbed @PHI & BUF doesn't scare me...they're no different from last year and we nearly beat them w/ Skylar Thompson at QB. So long as we're healthy, we can make noise.
this is making too many mistakes to be considered on a serious way. could be a playoff team and that's it.

i'm not sold on tua and our offense because of the silly mistakes that they make

The mishandled snap on the last drive was infuriating (not the first time either), but this one was especially annoying because they were driving down the field primed to tie the game up. Solace I'm taking is that these are correctable and they've got a few more games to prove themselves between Christmas eve @home vs. DAL, @BAL, and maybe week 18 depending on whether the division will be on line (we're currently just a game up on BUF).
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,222

Post#164 » by Heat3 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 2:55 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:
Heat3 wrote:Dame Time can wait. It’s Tua Time until February!
:nod:
what a sad loss for the dolphins on national tv. they arent ready for primetime. first round exit if they make it to the playoffs

half the season left to go
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,593

Post#165 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Nov 6, 2023 3:03 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:BG3 is amazing, I have beaten the game with 3 different character setups, game of the year for me. Im not a turn base fan and even I had a blast with how much your allowed to do. Had a blast with character creation and classes, made a barb expert at throwing. I would yit over the enemy random ish, sauseges, cheeses, chairs, barrels, hell made a dwarve in heavy armor with giant axe I would throw across the field killing one enemy and putting him in the middle of the fight. Played super good character, then evil, then and an azzhole manipulater.

Maybe I will give it another chance. I remember loving the 2nd one and its free flowing exploration. Being confined to playing the game within a fixed system takes the fun away. I will give it another go and try to be open minded.

Yeah man you should its a really fun game. Its all about what type of gameplay you enjoy. It is a scripted game that is phased and there are specific thing you need to accomplish. You do have some freedom to do things in whatever order you like within each specific region, and every decision has repercussions. If you do one mission before the other you could become an enemy of the certain group of people and if you kill someone you may not have access to certain missions. Every mission has 5-8 different ways to enter them, either by negotiation, creeping through a cellar, or climbing from a rooftop or using magic to disguise yourself as a certain race and walk right through the front door. I had some serious fun, being a total manipulator, high charisma bard player, I literally got through all my boss fights, by forcing them to either kill themselves, give up or gas light them to turn on their own people. I would place traps in specific places or exploding barrels, and then start an argument turn into a fight and then shot an arrow see explosions take out half the bad guys in a single flick of an arrow. In my first play through I turned my entire crew into long range bowmen or mages with long range casting. I would sneak with high ground and just obliterate everything from above.

I have a fourth play through that I have unfinished where I am a goodie monk that only fights with hand to hand, uses no magic and all his quest are done from a true good mindset only. Also re specd the entire team and turned them all into monks as well, it pretty fun just punching kicking and pushing bad guys off cliffs without using weapons or magic, just a lot tougher to plan ahead and coordinate the battle. The fun factor is definately there.
Tony15
Lead Assistant

Post#166 » by Tony15 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:30 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
Tony15 wrote:

Turned it over twice on our side of the field....

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Tony15
Lead Assistant

Post#167 » by Tony15 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:21 pm

MIA defense really starting to come around....great to see. Health aside, the biggest issue now is the turnovers.

Tony15
Lead Assistant

Post#168 » by Tony15 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:19 am

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers....we could've put up a 50-spot against an elite defense if not for the 2 INTs & a lost fumble. Tua's been far from bad, but I'm not liking what I'm seeing out of him of late. Sucks about Phillips, but no excuses Ogbah is gonna have to step it up. All in all, we're looking like a more complete team, so I'm happy with that but the mistakes need to be cleaned up fast.....heading into the stretch run now.
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,598

Post#169 » by marson » Mon Dec 4, 2023 11:45 pm

2025 can't come soon enough

Rockstar released it early due to leaks

Spates
Sixth Man
And1: 1,286

Post#170 » by Spates » Fri Dec 8, 2023 12:39 am

What do you think?? take it and run?
unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,858

Post#171 » by unowen85 » Fri Dec 8, 2023 3:13 am

Spates wrote:Image

For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
Spates
Sixth Man
And1: 1,286

Post#172 » by Spates » Fri Dec 8, 2023 4:07 am

unowen85 wrote:
Spates wrote:Image

Everyone hates this trade.

I think Spoelstra is magic and would make this work. Toronto is just a collection of forwards that need playmaking and a point guard. All teams win. Maybe I'm mad. One first and one second from each team and it's fair.
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#173 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Dec 9, 2023 11:00 pm

i have a conundrum for monday night. see the heat will play the same night as the dolphins. so i dont know which one to watch :banghead:

right now i'm inclined to watch the dolphins game since its season is going to be shorter than the heat's anyway. what to do, what to do :lol:

tua vs jimmy that's quite the decision to make amirite
unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,858

Post#174 » by unowen85 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:12 pm

Heat are mediocre. Dolphins game should be more exciting.
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,858

Post#175 » by AirP. » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:17 pm

eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#176 » by eddieheatfan » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:57 am

dolphins are bad are af
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#177 » by contract » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:47 am

unowen85 wrote:Heat are mediocre. Dolphins game should be more exciting.

Turns out ... not so much. :nonono:
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Tony15
Lead Assistant

Post#178 » by Tony15 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:54 pm

Had no idea birds were capable of violating sea mammals...lol what a pounding my 'phins are taking.
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#179 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:04 pm

dolphins just lost in the most embarrassing way :banghead:

this team is a fraud. one playoff exist coming up
Tony15
Lead Assistant

Post#180 » by Tony15 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:34 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:dolphins just lost in the most embarrassing way :banghead:

this team is a fraud. one playoff exist coming up
Honestly tempting to sit everyone next week....we're broken enough as it is & we clinched a spot last week so I'd rather go in the wild card round as healthy as possible.

Return to Miami Heat