ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XX (that's 20)

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,939

Re: Random Thoughts XX (that's 20) 

Post#201 » by Wiltside » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Lies of P fellas. Now thats my type of game. Very well done by a fairly obscure team. Its a quality copy of Bloodborne. So, for those who've needed that BB itch scratched, this is the one for you.
i'm playing dragon quest monsters. game feels like a pokeman game :lol:

i'm just only 26 mins in so i need more time to see if the game is good. though games without much of a story makes me sleepy

I’ve been curious about that one Eddie. Be interested to hear how it stands up vs Pokémon.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,004

Post#202 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:16 am

Wiltside wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Lies of P fellas. Now thats my type of game. Very well done by a fairly obscure team. Its a quality copy of Bloodborne. So, for those who've needed that BB itch scratched, this is the one for you.

i'm just only 26 mins in so i need more time to see if the game is good. though games without much of a story makes me sleepy

I’ve been curious about that one Eddie. Be interested to hear how it stands up vs Pokémon.
i need at least a week before i tell you if is worthy or not.

i'm not the biggest fan of pokemon or monster hunter types of games even if they are turn based. i need a story and proper character progression in order to fully enjoy an jrpg. btw, i do own monster hunter and i fell asleep in the first 2hrs of the game. that was a waste of resources right there man. i hate it when a game doesnt meet my expectations, specially when i'm overleveled and the boss still kick my ass :lol:
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,999

Post#203 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:17 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:i'm just only 26 mins in so i need more time to see if the game is good. though games without much of a story makes me sleepy

Im an action game guy, so as long as the action is good, Im good.

Played Wo Long a few months back and I dont even recall what it is about. Gameplay and fighting mechanics were so good it didnt matter.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#204 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:18 pm

Would you guys take our current Heat team and add current Wemby/SGA or prime Zo/Timmy?
Trapstar3
Junior
And1: 1,457

Post#205 » by Trapstar3 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:04 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:i'm just only 26 mins in so i need more time to see if the game is good. though games without much of a story makes me sleepy

Played Wo Long a few months back and I dont even recall what it is about. Gameplay and fighting mechanics were so good it didnt matter.

I game that I would recommend to everyone out there is definitely Cyberpunk 2077, the game has completely changed since it dropped in 2020 with all the bugs that it launched with. Phantom Liberty DLC adds another 15-20 hours of gameplay.
I cannot stress this enough, the game is a masterpiece and has a very well structured story.
Just make sure to not read any spoilers for all the different endings that it has.

You said you liked action games and this fits the description 100%.
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#206 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:32 pm

Trapstar3 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

I game that I would recommend to everyone out there is definitely Cyberpunk 2077, the game has completely changed since it dropped in 2020 with all the bugs that it launched with. Phantom Liberty DLC adds another 15-20 hours of gameplay.
I cannot stress this enough, the game is a masterpiece and has a very well structured story.
Just make sure to not read any spoilers for all the different endings that it has.

You said you liked action games and this fits the description 100%.
id prefer turn based games, the only action games that i tolerate are the likes of the tales of arise which i highly recommend btw.

my hands gets crampy from playing action games :dontknow: :giveup:
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,601

Post#207 » by marson » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:44 am

Wow, what a choke job from Tyler Bass. Another year for the Chiefs.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#208 » by contract » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:40 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Would you guys take our current Heat team and add current Wemby/SGA or prime Zo/Timmy?

Wemby & SGA

Honestly it's no contest.

If it's for just this one season I'd prefer to have Zo & SGA ... but you didn't offer that option.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#209 » by eddieheatfan » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:44 am

Wiltside wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:

i like the game, its pretty good much better than pokemans but the graphics are 30 fps bad and bland but if you dont care about that sort of thing then the game is just fun to play but kind of grindy too because you have to level up in order to be able to get better monsters. there's some voice acting in British accent that can sound bad for some. the dialogue feels forced and contrived and even puerile at some points. the monster designs are pretty good and btw you can name the monsters whatever name you like.

there's even autoplay and fast forward when battling with monsters. also there are a few arenas that you need to clear out just for either the story or to get some items. btw, there is some online play in this game but i havent use it since i like it as a single player game.

in a nutshell,

graphics kinda suck

gameplay (turn based) is fun but it can also feel repetitive

story is rather mediocre like any other monster games but it serves a purpose to an ending which i like

there are a few bugs in the game. you need to update it if you are playing on the
Spoiler:
switch /emulator

if you are in to pokemon type of games this maybe up your alley be warned that graphics are terrible for a modern square enix game
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#210 » by DayofMourning » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:43 pm

Just beat Laxasia (Lies of P) on NG+ and my heart is racing and hands are shaking. That was intense. Only took me 40 tries...
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#211 » by eddieheatfan » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:16 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Just beat Laxasia (Lies of P) on NG+ and my heart is racing and hands are shaking. That was intense. Only took me 40 tries...
man you are a brave soul, hardcore even. i would have given up by the third or four try :lol:
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#212 » by DayofMourning » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:21 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Just beat Laxasia (Lies of P) on NG+ and my heart is racing and hands are shaking. That was intense. Only took me 40 tries...
man you are a brave soul, hardcore even. i would have given up by the third or four try :lol:

Thing is, I had her within an inch of her life multiple times. She would always break out some monster move to KO me. I beat her right as she was getting ready to blow my ass up again.
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#213 » by eddieheatfan » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:43 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:

Thing is, I had her within an inch of her life multiple times. She would always break out some monster move to KO me. I beat her right as she was getting ready to blow my ass up again.
i know the feeling dude :lol:
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,208

Post#214 » by TroubleS0me » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:53 am

wish we got Jose calderon before he left the nba
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#215 » by Wiltside » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:57 am

TroubleS0me wrote:wish we got Jose calderon before he left the nba

This is a random thought, Trouble.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#216 » by DayofMourning » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:06 pm

Alright. Gonna try this one again. Baldurs Gate 3.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#217 » by Wiltside » Wed Mar 6, 2024 8:26 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Alright. Gonna try this one again. Baldurs Gate 3.

Looks fun, I’m excited for Dragons Dogma 2 in a few weeks.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#218 » by DayofMourning » Wed Mar 6, 2024 10:08 pm

Wiltside wrote:

No doubt buddy. Will get to that one eventually. The list of games coming out is pretty insane. After an awful start, PS5 is about to blow the roof off.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,606

Post#219 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Mar 7, 2024 1:32 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

No doubt buddy. Will get to that one eventually. The list of games coming out is pretty insane. After an awful start, PS5 is about to blow the roof off.

After 10 separate diff runs through BG3 and role playing every type that interested me, I am waiting for the update coming September which DLC added with additional classes/races that weren't included previously.

I have my faithful every day Division 2 on PC which keeps me interested, as its almost impossible to finish end game with how much shitz you need to upgrade for endgame. 2 years into this madness and no matter how many hours I pump into this game Its the slowest grind fest ever, but its so freaking fun playing multiplayer on it. There's so much to do in the game it makes hard to get bored of it.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#220 » by DayofMourning » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:05 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

After 10 separate diff runs through BG3 and role playing every type that interested me, I am waiting for the update coming September which DLC added with additional classes/races that weren't included previously.

I have my faithful every day Division 2 on PC which keeps me interested, as its almost impossible to finish end game with how much shitz you need to upgrade for endgame. 2 years into this madness and no matter how many hours I pump into this game Its the slowest grind fest ever, but its so freaking fun playing multiplayer on it. There's so much to do in the game it makes hard to get bored of it.

Game has been glitchy so far. Had to load my save a couple times already because Shadowheart is hanging out by herself or dialogue never leaves the screen.

Return to Miami Heat