ImageImageImage

Around the NBA, NEXT Vol. Volume! Sea you at the Crossroads, so you won't be lonelee!!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,941

Around the NBA, NEXT Vol. Volume! Sea you at the Crossroads, so you won't be lonelee!! 

Post#1 » by Bishop45 » Tue May 17, 2022 12:06 am

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Re: Around the NBA, NEXT Vol. Volume! Sea you at the Crossroads, so you won't be lonelee!! 

Post#2 » by IggieCC » Tue May 17, 2022 12:33 am

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,046

Re: Around the NBA, NEXT Vol. Volume! Sea you at the Crossroads, so you won't be lonelee!! 

Post#3 » by 3ballbomber » Tue May 17, 2022 12:41 am

Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#4 » by IggieCC » Tue May 17, 2022 2:06 am

Look forward to Heat/Mavs finals but I'd grudgingly take Heat/GS finals as well

can't believe GS has HCA over us with tie breaker :noway:
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#5 » by Bishop45 » Tue May 17, 2022 4:08 am

Giannis/Biid will be watching the ECF from home, again, but I can't wait to hear folks whine about how we don't have size the very next game that we lose and question Spo while he's making his 2nd ECF appearrance in 3 yrs with a 6'9 Center and this time a 6'4 starting Power Forward

EYE see clearly tho, EYE am not surprised

Rest in Power Chadwick

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,353

Post#6 » by AirP. » Wed May 18, 2022 12:41 am

I'm still confused why Giannis plays like tall guard instead of a low post monster other than it's his personal preference. If he'd just play off ball and near the basket, he'd probably enhance his teammates greatly having such a weapon they could just pass it to if the internal defense cracks at all. I think he's utilized wrong but that might be because he's told them he's playing that way.

He's so good but he plays towards his weaknesses.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,458

Post#7 » by Wiltside » Wed May 18, 2022 3:39 am

Orlando just gonna go ahead and ruin some young prospect aren’t they.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#8 » by IggieCC » Wed May 18, 2022 3:51 am

AirP. wrote:I'm still confused why Giannis plays like tall guard instead of a low post monster other than it's his personal preference. If he'd just play off ball and near the basket, he'd probably enhance his teammates greatly having such a weapon they could just pass it to if the internal defense cracks at all. I think he's utilized wrong but that might be because he's told them he's playing that way.

didn't he start playing bball when he was like 13? and I suspect that he probably wasn't properly introduced to elite organized bball until much later and was quite raw when drafted even.

he's come a long way since then considering the circumstances. a lot of what you said makes tons of sense, but it will probably take some time for him to adjust/expand his game if he ever is willing to do so.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#9 » by AirP. » Wed May 18, 2022 3:55 am

IggieCC wrote:
AirP. wrote:I'm still confused why Giannis plays like tall guard instead of a low post monster other than it's his personal preference. If he'd just play off ball and near the basket, he'd probably enhance his teammates greatly having such a weapon they could just pass it to if the internal defense cracks at all. I think he's utilized wrong but that might be because he's told them he's playing that way.

didn't he start playing bball when he was like 13? and I suspect that he probably wasn't properly introduced to elite organized bball until much later and was quite raw when drafted even.

he's come a long way since then considering the circumstances. a lot of what you said makes tons of sense, but it will probably take some time for him to adjust/expand his game if he ever is willing to do so.

He went more into post last season for their Championship and I think with that, he's decided that the next one he wins will be on his terms, playing how he wants to play. It's possible he keeps getting better where it'll work but he's using up prime years until then.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#10 » by AirP. » Wed May 18, 2022 6:38 pm

Posted this on the General Board about Butler doing what is needed to win vs just scoring which I think he could put up another 5 shots to average around 30 if he wanted to...

Butler sacrifices his shot attempts to try to make his team better. If you talk to Miami fans they sometimes get frustrated with Butler for attacking the basket, having a good oppertunity to score and then passing out to an open 3pt shooter so they can get the shot and possibly stay in the rhythm of the game.

Butler's first year in Miami they started asking if Butler was losing his ability to score so he dropped 30 points in the first half in Phoenix, then went back to how he usually plays in the regular season the 2nd half of that game.

Many "superstars" are so good they can dictate that they're the system, Butler tries to play within the system and year after year after year puts up SUPERSTAR advanced stats.

Just looking at the MVP level players vs Butler this season, using Dean Oliver's ORTG and DRTG calculations(from Basketball-Reference) trying to extract what a player is doing while on the court we see this...
BTW... I don't compare main players vs rolelayers because it's much easier to do better in a limited role.
CODE: SELECT ALL

Jokic ORTG 126, DRTG 105, overall a +21 per 100 possessions. <= MVP
Giannis ORTG 124, DRTG 106, overall a +18 per 100 possessions. <= MVP candidate
Butler ORTG 124, DRTG 106, overall a +16 per 100 possessions. <= might not make an all-nba team, didn't score enough.
Embiid ORTG 119, DRTG 105, overall a +14 per 100 possessions. <= MVP candidate
Luka ORTG 110, DRTG 107, overall a +3 per 100 possessions
Tatum ORTG 113, DRTG 106, overall a +7 per 100 possessions.
Booker ORTG 113, DRTG 109, overall a +4 per 100 possessions.
T.YoungORTG 119, DRTG 118, overall a +1 per 100 possessions.

Butler's ORTG-DRTG(how much he helps a team on BOTH sides of the court) has been at the other MVP players levels for years now. Even in his las season in Chicago he was ORTG 123, DRTG 106 for a +17. In Philly it dropped because Simmons had to have the ball and Butler's role seemed to be what Covington did for Philly and he only put up a ORTG 120, DRTG 109 for a +11, those playoffs for Philly he put up a 121 ORG, 107 DRTG for an overall +14. Simmons was actually a +12 but played mostly as a roleplayer on offense and Embiid put up only a +6 in those playoffs.

If people didn't notice in game 1 of the ECF, Butler played normal the 1st half, with the team not doing well he forced his will on offense and defense and not only removed the deficit but gave Miami a lead. He erases 2 possessions of Boston's at a critical time in the game and gave Miami 4 easy points off back to back steals.

I think Butler could absolutely move his FGA from under 15 to 20 and average 30 a night if he wanted to, but he's understood for a while he needs his teammates but has the capability carry a team(doesn't mean he always does).
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#11 » by Bishop45 » Wed May 18, 2022 10:36 pm

Giannis knows he'd be limiting himself if he stopped shooting the ball-- this is not a big mans game. Last year happened because of injuries to elite teams

Rest in Power Chadwick

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,442

Post#12 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 18, 2022 11:41 pm

AirP. wrote:Posted this on the General Board about Butler doing what is needed to win vs just scoring which I think he could put up another 5 shots to average around 30 if he wanted to...

Butler sacrifices his shot attempts to try to make his team better. If you talk to Miami fans they sometimes get frustrated with Butler for attacking the basket, having a good oppertunity to score and then passing out to an open 3pt shooter so they can get the shot and possibly stay in the rhythm of the game.

Butler's first year in Miami they started asking if Butler was losing his ability to score so he dropped 30 points in the first half in Phoenix, then went back to how he usually plays in the regular season the 2nd half of that game.

Many "superstars" are so good they can dictate that they're the system, Butler tries to play within the system and year after year after year puts up SUPERSTAR advanced stats.

Just looking at the MVP level players vs Butler this season, using Dean Oliver's ORTG and DRTG calculations(from Basketball-Reference) trying to extract what a player is doing while on the court we see this...
BTW... I don't compare main players vs rolelayers because it's much easier to do better in a limited role.
CODE: SELECT ALL

Jokic ORTG 126, DRTG 105, overall a +21 per 100 possessions. <= MVP
Giannis ORTG 124, DRTG 106, overall a +18 per 100 possessions. <= MVP candidate
Butler ORTG 124, DRTG 106, overall a +16 per 100 possessions. <= might not make an all-nba team, didn't score enough.
Embiid ORTG 119, DRTG 105, overall a +14 per 100 possessions. <= MVP candidate
Luka ORTG 110, DRTG 107, overall a +3 per 100 possessions
Tatum ORTG 113, DRTG 106, overall a +7 per 100 possessions.
Booker ORTG 113, DRTG 109, overall a +4 per 100 possessions.
T.YoungORTG 119, DRTG 118, overall a +1 per 100 possessions.

Butler's ORTG-DRTG(how much he helps a team on BOTH sides of the court) has been at the other MVP players levels for years now. Even in his las season in Chicago he was ORTG 123, DRTG 106 for a +17. In Philly it dropped because Simmons had to have the ball and Butler's role seemed to be what Covington did for Philly and he only put up a ORTG 120, DRTG 109 for a +11, those playoffs for Philly he put up a 121 ORG, 107 DRTG for an overall +14. Simmons was actually a +12 but played mostly as a roleplayer on offense and Embiid put up only a +6 in those playoffs.

If people didn't notice in game 1 of the ECF, Butler played normal the 1st half, with the team not doing well he forced his will on offense and defense and not only removed the deficit but gave Miami a lead. He erases 2 possessions of Boston's at a critical time in the game and gave Miami 4 easy points off back to back steals.

I think Butler could absolutely move his FGA from under 15 to 20 and average 30 a night if he wanted to, but he's understood for a while he needs his teammates but has the capability carry a team(doesn't mean he always does).

Very good and detailed post but this also confuses me about your view on Bam because you can literally say all the same things about him. Maybe not to the same extent as Jimmy but Bam gives you an efficient 19 a night on 13 shots. Some nights call for less, others call for more. He could very easily take 5 more shots and average 24-25 a night if he wanted to and he would make all nba every season and be known as the 3rd best center in the league even to the casual fan. He sacrifices for the greater good of the team and him and Jimmy being willing to do that is what makes this team so special. We couldn’t have ask for better leaders to be honest.
#FreeBam
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#13 » by Bishop45 » Thu May 19, 2022 2:00 am

Wiggins going from Minny to GS is like Eddie Murphy in trading places. Life changing

If you’re following the analogy closely, I’m comparing being homeless with playing for the wolves

Rest in Power Chadwick

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#14 » by IggieCC » Thu May 19, 2022 2:06 am

Read on Twitter

wolverine defense
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#15 » by IggieCC » Thu May 19, 2022 2:08 am

completely forgot about this game.. tenks bish, but hopefully Mavs aren't satisfied just to get there and laying an egg

let's go Luka
AirP.
RealGM

Post#16 » by AirP. » Thu May 19, 2022 2:23 am

Read on Twitter
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,046

Post#17 » by 3ballbomber » Thu May 19, 2022 10:40 am

We have poverty, homelessness & hunger.....then you have 20k seats to watch men sweating :noway:

Read on Twitter
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Rodrizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#18 » by Rodrizzle » Fri May 20, 2022 4:09 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/267043/Magic-Likely-To-Move-On-From-Mo-Bamba-This-Summer

This is someone who we could target. Can play next to or behind Bam.
I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS....MY FRIEND!!!!
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,293

Post#19 » by oreon » Fri May 20, 2022 6:07 pm

According to Lavar ball, Lavine is a goner. He'd be a nice target via S&T. He's exactly what he need, a 2nd explosive perimter scorer who can get to the rim. And he'd be cheap since he's a FA, likely a package of Herro and a pick. Only major concern is his injuries. I don't have specifics but seems he's like Embiid where he can't last healthy into the playoffs.
The other concern since its a S&T, we would be hardcapped. So to make it work, it might cost Lowry. Personally if medical team approved, I'd do it for Lowry & Herro + protected pick. I'd rather him than Mitchell cuz of his length & size
AirP.
RealGM

Post#20 » by AirP. » Sat May 21, 2022 1:48 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Miami Heat