ImageImageImage

***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2023-2024 Regular Season***

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,005

Re: ***Our Annual - Predict The Heat 2023-2024 Regular Season*** 

Post#41 » by eddieheatfan » Thu Nov 2, 2023 2:15 am

IceColdCubano wrote:Can I get a waiver for a do over???
:lol:
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,174

Post#42 » by SA37 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:26 pm

SA37 wrote:How many wins will the Heat have in the 2022-2023 season?

Will we make the playoffs this year? If yes - what seed will we be?

Yes, 7th

Who will be our top 5 leading scorers, and what will their PPG be?

Butler- 22ppg ; Herro 20ppg ; Adebayo 18ppg ; Martin 12ppg ; JJJ 10

Who will be our best overall new addition (new to the rotation)?

JJJ

Who will be our best overall young/inexperienced player?other)?

JJJ

Which player will make the biggest improvement from last year?

No one

Who will be the biggest disappointment?

Jovic. The expectations are excessive.

What trades will we end up doing during the year (or even before the season starts)?

This may be the year Herro finally gets moved

What will be the biggest surprise of the season? (positive or negative or both)

Robinson working his way back into the rotation

What will our board posters write about Spo once this season is over?

He didn't play Jovic enough

Predict a nice/interesting statistical nugget you can see happening with the team or a player.

The Heat will once again be amongst the worst offensive teams

Predict the weirdest moment of the season.

Already happened: Jimmy Butler's hair

Predict a RealGM Heat-board development you expect to see with a long time poster/s.

No idea

What will you consider a success/failure this year?

If Miami can make the playoffs while avoiding the play-in and a 1st round matchup with Boston or Milwaukee

Also, if Miami can turn some combo of Lowry, Herro, Robinson, Jovic, and picks into something that injects life into the franchise.

What will be the biggest factor to impact our success or failure this year?

Avoiding long-term injuries to key players

What are your picks for Eastern champions, Western champions - and finally NBA Champions?

Milwaukee and Denver, with Milwaukee winning the title

How far will we get in the playoffs and how will our season end?

Miami will get knocked out in the 1st round of the playoffs and/or the play-in

Miami currently on pace for 45 wins (based on winning %) and currently 7th seed :o

I'm reasonably close on the scoring: Butler 21.4ppg - Herro 20.8ppg Bam 19.9ppg Robinson 13.7 and JJJ 12.6 (Martin 10ppg)

Also, Miami is 27th in ppg (I said Miami would be one of the worst offensive teams).

I got half of Robinson's year right: I said he'd work his way back into the rotation, but I did not expect this level of improvement.

Not sure Milwaukee wins the championship, but damn glad I did not have the Suns or Warriors coming out of the West! :lol:
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,441

Post#43 » by MartyConlonJr » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:31 am

MartyConlonJr wrote:1) How many wins will the Heat have in the 2023-2024 season? 54

2) Will we make the playoffs this year? If yes - what seed will we be? 3rd

3) Who will be our top 5 leading scorers, and what will their PPG be?
Tyler Herro - 21.6 ppg
Jimmy Butler - 21.2 ppg
Bam Adebayo - 20.6 ppg
Jaime Jacquez - 10.6 ppg
Josh Richardson - 10.3 ppg

4) Who will be our best overall new addition (new to the regular rotation)? Josh Richardson

5) Who will be our best overall young/inexperienced player? (Jovic/JJJ/Hampton/Orlando Robinson/Cain/other)? Jaime Jacquez Jr

6) Which player will make the biggest improvement from last year? Nikola Jovic numbers wise, but Herro will become efficient and a plus player which will be more significant.

7) Who will be the biggest disappointment?
Caleb Martin just because he won't be ECF Caleb.

8) What trades will we end up doing during the year (or even before the season starts)? Lowry for Terry Rozier/Malcolm Brogdon or similar player.

9) What will be the biggest surprise of the season? (positive or negative or both)
Tyler's evolution as a team player. Bam incorporates the three a little.

10) What will our board posters write about Spo once this season is over? He is the best coach in the league, they finally get it.

11) Predict a nice/interesting statistical nugget you can see happening with the team or a player.
Bam finally has a 20/10 season after flirting with it for years.

12) Predict the weirdest moment of the season.
Kyle Lowry very public outburst on the bench with Spo after being sat.

13) Predict a RealGM Heat-board development you expect to see with a long time poster/s.
N/A

14) What will you consider a success/failure this year?
Success is ECF or better realistically. Failure is first round.

15) What will be the biggest factor to impact our success or failure this year? Jimmy Butler ankle, health and pacing.

16) What are your picks for Eastern champions, Western champions - and finally NBA Champions? Miami, Phoenix, Miami.

17) Bonus playoff question - How far will we get in the playoffs and how will our season end?
All the way, Championship...

Outside of Tyler Herro's non existence and the effect on our W/L I had a few good calls in here. Rozier trade, Bam 3's and maybe a 20/10 Bam if I'm lucky (though I actually think he will fall short on the 20), JJJ as our best young guy.
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,601

Post#44 » by marson » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:23 am

MartyConlonJr wrote:
MartyConlonJr wrote:1) How many wins will the Heat have in the 2023-2024 season? 54

Tyler Herro - 21.6 ppg
Jimmy Butler - 21.2 ppg
Bam Adebayo - 20.6 ppg
Jaime Jacquez - 10.6 ppg

4) Who will be our best overall new addition (new to the regular rotation)? Josh Richardson

5) Who will be our best overall young/inexperienced player? (Jovic/JJJ/Hampton/Orlando Robinson/Cain/other)? Jaime Jacquez Jr

6) Which player will make the biggest improvement from last year? Nikola Jovic numbers wise, but Herro will become efficient and a plus player which will be more significant.

8) What trades will we end up doing during the year (or even before the season starts)? Lowry for Terry Rozier/Malcolm Brogdon or similar player.

9) What will be the biggest surprise of the season? (positive or negative or both)

10) What will our board posters write about Spo once this season is over? He is the best coach in the league, they finally get it.

11) Predict a nice/interesting statistical nugget you can see happening with the team or a player.

13) Predict a RealGM Heat-board development you expect to see with a long time poster/s.
N/A

15) What will be the biggest factor to impact our success or failure this year? Jimmy Butler ankle, health and pacing.

16) What are your picks for Eastern champions, Western champions - and finally NBA Champions? Miami, Phoenix, Miami.

17) Bonus playoff question - How far will we get in the playoffs and how will our season end?

Outside of Tyler Herro's non existence and the effect on our W/L I had a few good calls in here. Rozier trade, Bam 3's and maybe a 20/10 Bam if I'm lucky (though I actually think he will fall short on the 20), JJJ as our best young guy.

Good call on number 12
SA37
RealGM

Post#45 » by SA37 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:16 am

MartyConlonJr wrote:
Spoiler:

Tyler Herro - 21.6 ppg
Jimmy Butler - 21.2 ppg
Bam Adebayo - 20.6 ppg
Jaime Jacquez - 10.6 ppg

N/A

Bravo on quite a bit here, especially the Rozier trade call :bowdown:
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#46 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:25 pm

eddieheatfan - 46 wins
Will we make the playoffs this year? If yes - what seed will we be? yes 8th seed

SA37
RealGM

Post#47 » by SA37 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:58 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
eddieheatfan - 46 wins
Will we make the playoffs this year? If yes - what seed will we be? yes 8th seed

Spoiler:

Coming from behind to take the victory!
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#48 » by eddieheatfan » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:22 am

SA37 wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:
eddieheatfan - 46 wins

Spoiler:

Coming from behind to take the victory!
:lol:
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#49 » by contract » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:43 pm

contract wrote:13) Predict a RealGM Heat-board development you expect to see with a long time poster/s. Grumpy finally admits that Tyler Herro is better than Kendrick Nunn.

Does anyone know if this every happened? :lol:
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,610

Post#50 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:02 pm

contract wrote:
contract wrote:13) Predict a RealGM Heat-board development you expect to see with a long time poster/s. Grumpy finally admits that Tyler Herro is better than Kendrick Nunn.

Does anyone know if this every happened? :lol:

I've seen people stare at an eclipse with binoculars then scream in agony so worse things are plausible. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Miami Heat