ImageImageImage

Preseason 5: Heat vs Rox

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,704

Preseason 5: Heat vs Rox 

Post#1 » by DayofMourning » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:02 am

Go Heat! Hope Hampton gets hot!
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Preseason 5: Heat vs Rox 

Post#2 » by DayofMourning » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:08 am

Ruff 2nd quarter. Need some more Hampton.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,766

Post#3 » by QUIZ » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:12 am

Dru Smith….
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,860

Post#4 » by marson » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:05 am

RJ is for sure a keeper. Has that natural talent in scoring.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by DayofMourning » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:12 am

marson wrote:RJ is for sure a keeper. Has that natural talent in scoring.

I think hes a candidate to take the next step. If he hes got the Heats mindset then he could surprise.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,312

Post#6 » by Wiltside » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:03 am

Sorry DoM, missed this thread and posted in the other one. Bad mod.

Ready for opening night. We’ll be better with a tighter rotation.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,173

Post#7 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:22 pm

Wiltside wrote:Sorry DoM, missed this thread and posted in the other one. Bad mod.

i was wondering what was going because i didnt saw this thread either
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,199

Post#8 » by AirP. » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:35 pm

Read on Twitter
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,998

Post#9 » by contract » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:19 pm

Wiltside wrote:Sorry DoM, missed this thread and posted in the other one. Bad mod.

Our fans are in preseason form too.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 427

Post#10 » by NightWatch » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:27 pm

Duncan Robinson suck. I feel like he should not even have playing times in regular season games. I don’t know. On one hand, I feel like Miami should try to makes him looks good so that he can be traded for a useful player. Miami didn’t signed him at that hefty contract to drive to the basket but to shoot three and make them because he was killing teams when he was making them. Miami doesn’t needed him to drives to the basket because Heat already have plenty of other players for that.

At this rate, If all he can do now is to drive to the basket, well a Jovic is way more useful than Duncan and deserves more playing times.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,766

Post#11 » by QUIZ » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:47 pm

NightWatch wrote:Duncan Robinson suck. I feel like he should not even have playing times in regular season games. I don’t know. On one hand, I feel like Miami should try to makes him looks good so that he can be traded for a useful player. Miami didn’t signed him at that hefty contract to drive to the basket but to shoot three and make them because he was killing teams when he was making them. Miami doesn’t needed him to drives to the basket because Heat already have plenty of other players for that.

At this rate, If all he can do now is to drive to the basket, well a Jovic is way more useful than Duncan and deserves more playing times.

Through 5 games he’s shooting 22% from three. Clocks ticking
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,973

Post#12 » by IceColdCubano » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:05 am

QUIZ wrote:
NightWatch wrote:Duncan Robinson suck. I feel like he should not even have playing times in regular season games. I don’t know. On one hand, I feel like Miami should try to makes him looks good so that he can be traded for a useful player. Miami didn’t signed him at that hefty contract to drive to the basket but to shoot three and make them because he was killing teams when he was making them. Miami doesn’t needed him to drives to the basket because Heat already have plenty of other players for that.

Through 5 games he’s shooting 22% from three. Clocks ticking

I think we need to stop thinking were gonna trade him, theres nothing he can do at this point in time with his contract to overcome his scouting report on him to date. Hes as a negative asset as they come. Miami isn't playing him minutes because they want to raise his stock for a trade, their doing it to keep him somewhat servicable for the playoff, theh also have to justify that contract somewhat. If he gets parked on the bench for guys on two ways and rookies, thats a black eye to our FO.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,312

Post#13 » by Wiltside » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:12 am

I’m going to try not read too much into preseason. Once Duncan is playing more alongside Jimmy, Tyler and Bam he should be able to settle in and hit his threes.

Worst case scenario, he’s on essentially a 2yr deal including this season. His 2025-26 contract is partially guaranteed for 9.8m, so if he’s still stinking it up, it’s quite possible we just cut bait on him and free up some space.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#14 » by IceColdCubano » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:10 pm

Wiltside wrote:I’m going to try not read too much into preseason. Once Duncan is playing more alongside Jimmy, Tyler and Bam he should be able to settle in and hit his threes.

Worst case scenario, he’s on essentially a 2yr deal including this season. His 2025-26 contract is partially guaranteed for 9.8m, so if he’s still stinking it up, it’s quite possible we just cut bait on him and free up some space.

What will be the difference with him playing with Jimmy??? Jimmy barely get doubled in the regular season, iys noy until March that Jimmy starts playing MVP level, thats when doubles start to come. His jumper is broken, he traded it away for a pick and roll game. That would be great and good if you had elite speed, acceleration, and tight handles but he is a 6'7" slow footed shooter. Whos best is when he is in motion running around screens getting 3pts up. Frees up the floor for Jimmy and Bam now we got one more slow pick and roll player with a decent lob. Lets keep making the middle of the court shrink.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,467

Post#15 » by insfo » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:38 am

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Can't believe we gave Dru the NBA deal when we had a lottery pick sitting on a 2-way, and was outplaying Smith by a wide margin :banghead: :banghead:
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#16 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:53 am

insfo wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Can't believe we gave Dru the NBA deal when we had a lottery pick sitting on a 2-way, and was outplaying Smith by a wide margin :banghead: :banghead:

Currently Miami is looking for consistancy, ie no flashy plays, solid defense, get the team into sets, limit turnovers, keep the pace. Those are the things they feel Dru Smith provides, regardless of how bland he is as a player thats exactly what they need for a backup PG. RJ Hampton just isn't at the quality they need to sign him to a regular deal. Trust me I despise the Dru Smith signing I would have favored anything other than, perhaps Cain, hell even Swider. Unfortunately look at Josh getting injured, there's zero ball distribution all it takes is an injury to Lowry and were toast. They have nobody else to blame but themselves with this dilemma at the PG position.

Return to Miami Heat