ImageImageImage

SZN OPENER!: PO' ONE OUT FOR IGGS, AS WE OPEN UPON A NEW JOURNEY! HEATS V. DETS OCT 25TH, 8:30PM

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,316

Re: SZN OPENER!: PO' ONE OUT FOR IGGS, AS WE OPEN UPON A NEW JOURNEY! HEATS V. DETS OCT 25TH, 8:30PM 

Post#281 » by SerialChiller » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:01 am

NightWatch wrote:Meanwhile Max Strus had 27 points 12 rebounds 2 assists 1 steals 1 blocks against the Nets.

Anyone who's watched him here knows he does this from time to time then goes through often long cold stretches. And Gabe had 6 points 1 rebound 2 assists 1 steal and 2 turnovers. Nice game from Strus but they are both exactly the same inconsistent players they've been here before.
VaDe255
Pro Prospect
And1: 675

Re: SZN OPENER!: PO' ONE OUT FOR IGGS, AS WE OPEN UPON A NEW JOURNEY! HEATS V. DETS OCT 25TH, 8:30PM 

Post#282 » by VaDe255 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:02 am

I like what I saw from Herro. He was very aggressive on both ends and even got 3 steals. I have no issue what so ever with him getting up 24 FGs, I hope he stay this aggressive throughout the season.

I know a lot are bashing him for his inefficiency, but his shots were mostly good. He missed 6 shots close to the basket, some of these were blocks (and some had a lot of contact, which could have been fouls). He went 3/9 around that range close to the basket, just one of those days.

He went 2/8 from mid range and 2/7 from 3, this would be the only nit pick I have. The ratio here should have been more like 5 from mid range and 10 from three instead.

He created a lot of these shots on his own, only few were assisted and not a single corner 3, which you ideally would want more of.

Duncan and JJJ look very promising and will probably gradually get more minutes if they can keep up the level they showed today.

I think a lot are too down on this team, it has potential and this was only the first game and they clearly got sloppy in the end, but focused just enough to pull through.
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,316

Post#283 » by SerialChiller » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:18 am

VaDe255 wrote:I like what I saw from Herro. He was very aggressive on both ends and even got 3 steals. I have no issue what so ever with him getting up 24 FGs, I hope he stay this aggressive throughout the season.

I know a lot are bashing him for his inefficiency, but his shots were mostly good. He missed 6 shots close to the basket, some of these were blocks (and some had a lot of contact, which could have been fouls). He went 3/9 around that range close to the basket, just one of those days.

He went 2/8 from mid range and 2/7 from 3, this would be the only nit pick I have. The ratio here should have been more like 5 from mid range and 10 from three instead.

He created a lot of these shots on his own, only few were assisted and not a single corner 3, which you ideally would want more of.

Duncan and JJJ look very promising and will probably gradually get more minutes if they can keep up the level they showed today.

I think a lot are too down on this team, it has potential and this was only the first game and they clearly got sloppy in the end, but focused just enough to pull through.

Wes Goldberg posts here?

JK it's just funny cuz I watched Locked On Heat after the game and he basically said all the same things and even tried to give Herro 3 credit cookies I think lol.

I'm ok with Herro looking for his shot that much but he's gotta start finding a way to get to the line. More 3s and FTs/Layups are needed out of him.
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#284 » by SA37 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:11 am

Absolutely bullish start taking Detroit down to the wire!

Lowry with a monster performance and Jovic showing unlimited promise and proving worthy of Spo's confidence.

Dark Brandon Bigface has already made an appointment for a ring fitting

Spoiler:
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,168

Post#285 » by AirP. » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:42 pm

SerialChiller wrote:Wes Goldberg posts here?

JK it's just funny cuz I watched Locked On Heat after the game and he basically said all the same things and even tried to give Herro 3 credit cookies I think lol.

I'm ok with Herro looking for his shot that much but he's gotta start finding a way to get to the line. More 3s and FTs/Layups are needed out of him.

Whew, I thought maybe I was the only one who noticed how biased Wes Goldberg is when it came to Herro. Games he'd rip anyone else for having he'd always find a way to praise Herro. I have no problems with saying Butler wasn't good offensively last night, missing 12 of 18 shots but he got to the line and ended up with a 118 ORTG while Herro missed 17 of 24 shots and had an ORTG of 72 (which is lower than Lowry's ORTG last night).

At least it looked like Herro gave a **** about defense, I was happy with his effort level on that end of the court last night and hopefully it continues although I was fooled once last year, Herro gave really good effort on the defensive end last year when they played in Mexico City vs the Spurs. I hope we see this same defensive effort from Herro from now on.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,447

Post#286 » by twix2500 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:49 pm

Why so much negativity the heat controlled the entire game? The pistons made a run at the last mins, so what?
twix2500
RealGM

Post#287 » by twix2500 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
twix2500
RealGM

Post#288 » by twix2500 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:59 pm

My impression was the offense ran pretty well for the 1st game of the season. The only issue I seen was too much Herro iso and jacking up shots. If Herro took more efficient shots and less shots overall, more attempts for Bam, the pistons would of been blown out
twix2500
RealGM

Post#289 » by twix2500 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:07 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Kevin Love played well last night. 13 pts and 10 rbs, great passing. Shot 50% from 3, a plus 5. It's a huge bonus to have a player who can grab 10 rbs next to Bam.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#290 » by twix2500 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:09 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

What stands out to me is not only the play call for JJJ but the confidence his teammates has in him to give him the ball. Keep an eye on JJJ, he could move up in the ladder as a go too player. He might already be beyond a role player but as a go-too player
twix2500
RealGM

Post#291 » by twix2500 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:21 pm

three things more shots is needed for Bam. The post passing of Love and his ability to stretch the defense is extremely important. Love ability to rebound and allow Bam to get out on breaks will be a terror for centers defending Bam

Keeping Bam on the move off the ball in different spots is important
twix2500
RealGM

Post#292 » by twix2500 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:36 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,438

Post#293 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:41 pm

Sucks that Jovic still can't crack the rotation while our fat old PG tries his best at getting his cardio in.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,168

Post#294 » by eddieheatfan » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:55 pm

twix2500 wrote:Why so much negativity the heat controlled the entire game? The pistons made a run at the last mins, so what?
blowing up a 20 pt lead just to win it by luck down the stretch doesnt fill many with confidence about this team.oh and yeah the pistons are young and scrubby team that made the heat sweat in the delayed turd quarter.

the heat was just one basket away from their first defeat of the season let that sink in. you might lose the advantage agaisnt a good playoff team but not to the likes of the pistons,dude :banghead:
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,168

Post#295 » by eddieheatfan » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:56 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Sucks that Jovic still can't crack the rotation while our fat old PG tries his best at getting his cardio in.

jovic is still a work in progress, i still see him too raw for nba play. kid needs more seasoning at the lower leagues.
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,462

Post#296 » by El Alonzo scowl » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:09 pm

I would love this team 1000% more if neither Kyle Lowry's Expiring Contract nor Tyler Herro were on this team anymore. Both of these guys have to go ASAP.

I was skeptical about Jacquez but man what a player! He has a better postgame as a rookie small forward than most centers, including veterans, have in today's NBA! The only sunshine shining on the dog's ass that was last night's game.

I never want to hear about Nikola Jovic ever again. All that offseason hype just for him to be buried on the bench.

This team looks just like last year. It's going to be another miserable slog of a regular season where every night is a score 100 points challenge and as a result we lose to chit teams we shouldn't be losing to and those losses cost us dearly for seeding in the end. It nearly happened last night. 45 wins is the ceiling for this team, hopefully that keeps us out of the play-in this year.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,438

Post#297 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:19 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Sucks that Jovic still can't crack the rotation while our fat old PG tries his best at getting his cardio in.

jovic is still a work in progress, i still see him too raw for nba play. kid needs more seasoning at the lower leagues.

I'm assuming at this point he's going to be the sweetener attached to Lowry in any deal that happens in the near future.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#298 » by twix2500 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:39 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Why so much negativity the heat controlled the entire game? The pistons made a run at the last mins, so what?
blowing up a 20 pt lead just to win it by luck down the stretch doesnt fill many with confidence about this team.oh and yeah the pistons are young and scrubby team that made the heat sweat in the delayed turd quarter.

the heat was just one basket away from their first defeat of the season let that sink in. you might lose the advantage agaisnt a good playoff team but not to the likes of the pistons,dude :banghead:
You acting like this is the first time many in here watched an NBA game. Teams make runs in just about every game. Regardless how bad or good a team is. This is not the NFL

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,042

Post#299 » by mg » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:52 pm

El Alonzo scowl wrote:I would love this team 1000% more if neither Kyle Lowry's Expiring Contract nor Tyler Herro were on this team anymore. Both of these guys have to go ASAP.

I was skeptical about Jacquez but man what a player! He has a better postgame as a rookie small forward than most centers, including veterans, have in today's NBA! The only sunshine shining on the dog's ass that was last night's game.

I never want to hear about Nikola Jovic ever again. All that offseason hype just for him to be buried on the bench.

This team looks just like last year. It's going to be another miserable slog of a regular season where every night is a score 100 points challenge and as a result we lose to chit teams we shouldn't be losing to and those losses cost us dearly for seeding in the end. It nearly happened last night. 45 wins is the ceiling for this team, hopefully that keeps us out of the play-in this year.

FWIW I wouldn't be surprised if either or both are dealt by the deadline.

Lowry + plus a small sweetener (not a FRP) in one deal.

Herro in another deal. Maybe Caleb goes out too depending on what's going on behind the scenes with his contract.

Despite all the hand wringing after the offseason, I still believe Pat and Andy have a strong vision for this coming season and another play in isn't going to cut it.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,168

Post#300 » by AirP. » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:53 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:

It's a league of runs, Miami went on a 11-point run at the start of the 4th to get it up to 19 then Detroit came back with a 14-point run getting it down to 5 with over 6 minutes left. Only for a couple of minutes did it look like a blowout, the rest of the game it was close for a Miami game at home.

Return to Miami Heat