ImageImageImage

Miami Heat 2023/2024 Regular Season - Thread 2.0

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Big Dee Chi-Born
Sixth Man
And1: 79

Re: Miami Heat 2023/2024 Regular Season - Thread 2.0 

Post#1961 » by Big Dee Chi-Born » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:37 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Keep an eye on Gallo and Mancala being bought out. Pure salary dump by Pistons

Muscala may have some value as a stretch 5, but Galo is popped.
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,595

Post#1962 » by fishfuego. » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:37 pm

Bmaster wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
Bmaster wrote:

But if he would of taken 21 shots would he of gotten more that 17 points?

Well despite being 4 years younger, Herro has a higher TS% for his career.

This year, Herro has mainly played as the the number 1 option with Jimmy out, While Murray is next to Tray young.

Regardless of you think is the better player, they're close enough to make a straight trade a total and definite lateral move.

Oh I don't want Murray over hero but i am just commenting on hero has some real stinker games where he is taking 21 shots to get 15-20 points just like Murray did last game. I do agree it is a lateral move if straight trade.

Is a stretch he is going through now, but he’s more than capable of putting it together, then everyone will be praising him.
Bam has never played as good, and we know how we criticized him before. But now we’re all silent.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,436

Post#1963 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:38 pm

Big Dee Chi-Born wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Keep an eye on Gallo and Mancala being bought out. Pure salary dump by Pistons

Muscala may have some value as a stretch 5, but Galo is popped.

Gallo is popped now but the Miami Heat is the fountain of youth for players who we think are popped like Gallo
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,435

Post#1964 » by twix2500 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:32 pm

In the mon of Jan, Herro is averaging

17.4 pts, 5 ast, 39 3p%, 4.4 rbs

Which is ok, and likely more indicative or closer too who he is. Defensively he is a target and we all know that. Don't think there is a lot that can be done about it other then Spo trying to scheme him in better Defensively.

Again I like Herro, but here us the thing. Taking "smarter" shots doesn't automatically translate into increase undividual scoring. Herro is very much like Dragic were scoring in "space" is vital to him. The ability to score in a crowd is what separates a role player from a real star. Its not something you just scheme a player to do. Because as defenses tighten up the more your gonna have to score in a crowd.

Surprisingly its something you see Jaquez does. He scores in crowds and gets to the line. That is a unique talent that Jaquez has. Herro may not possesses that talent which may no matter how smart you try to make Herro (he is not a dumb player) he keeps bumping his head on his ceiling (lol).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Return to Miami Heat