ImageImageImage

Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,975

Re: Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion! 

Post#841 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:34 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:Yo this guy Anthony Edwards is such a beast of a guard, young buck taking the his rightful place atop the hierarchy of the top NBA players. Minnesota is so lucky its like I am watching us in the past that feeling we used to have when we had a prime wade watching him just outright dominate everything in front of him.

He and Jokic could be begging to come here and Heat fans wouldn’t want them because Edwards called someone a f****t over social media and Jokic doesn’t fit the Heat Culture body fat requirements

Miami FO would not take Ja Morant if he was sent here for a bag of chips cause of baggage.

On another topic the Young bucks in Anthony Edwards, SGA, Luka Doncic, Wemby, Halliburton, are gonna start putting their imprint in the league starting next year.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,039

Post#842 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:37 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:Yo this guy Anthony Edwards is such a beast of a guard, young buck taking the his rightful place atop the hierarchy of the top NBA players. Minnesota is so lucky its like I am watching us in the past that feeling we used to have when we had a prime wade watching him just outright dominate everything in front of him.

He and Jokic could be begging to come here and Heat fans wouldn’t want them because Edwards called someone a f****t over social media and Jokic doesn’t fit the Heat Culture body fat requirements

Miami FO would not take Ja Morant if he was sent here for a bag of chips cause of baggage.

On another topic the Young bucks in Anthony Edwards, SGA, Luka Doncic, Wemby, Halliburton, are gonna start putting their imprint in the league starting next year.

Haliburton has been ass since the IST tbh, he’s gotten super overrated but he has an opportunity to. Those other guys for sure
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#843 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:41 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Haliburton has been ass since the IST tbh, he’s gotten super overrated but he has an opportunity to. Those other guys for sure

Ive seen enough of him to know he has the talent those other guys have. I think hes a bit hurt or slowed in a way or just in a rut but when he has his usual game their are really great. He has incrementally gotten better each game this series, I think he is nursing some injury.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#844 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:03 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

Ive seen enough of him to know he has the talent those other guys have. I think hes a bit hurt or slowed in a way or just in a rut but when he has his usual game their are really great. He has incrementally gotten better each game this series, I think he is nursing some injury.

We’ll see, 51 games since the IST is a pretty massive sample size. Hes definitely played better these last 2, in a matchup that definitely fits his play, but I think he’ll be cooked in the Knicks series. That being said I’d love to have him lol
#FreeBam
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,276

Post#845 » by oreon » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:05 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

lol they would. He wouldnt be first player in Heat history with baggage. JJ allegedly beat his wife. I'm sure there are others.
You can say all you can about his offcourt stuff but the dude is tough, plays and practices hard. They like those super competitive type of players. He'd fit right in.
Ya'll are insane to think Heat would dump elite talent over some morality clause. The Kyrie thing is diff because the owner is Jewish but anyone else whose a top 15 player they'd take with no hesitation
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#846 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:42 pm

oreon wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

lol they would. He wouldnt be first player in Heat history with baggage. JJ allegedly beat his wife. I'm sure there are others.
You can say all you can about his offcourt stuff but the dude is tough, plays and practices hard. They like those super competitive type of players. He'd fit right in.
Ya'll are insane to think Heat would dump elite talent over some morality clause. The Kyrie thing is diff because the owner is Jewish but anyone else whose a top 15 player they'd take with no hesitation

Jokic has too much body fat, they’d pass. Mitchell is/was all nba they thought Herro was going to be that good. Dame was all nba yea the Cronin stuff was going on but they still didn’t want to unload the clip.

Kyrie posted a link to a movie he watched or was watching or something with no words or anything involved and they took it that he was promoting being racist or whatever lol he’s just different and misunderstood tbh.

Read on Twitter

Isn’t Cuban Jewish too?
#FreeBam
SoFlaKingReal
Veteran
And1: 4,992

Post#847 » by SoFlaKingReal » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:37 pm

Why re-hash the same nonsense?

Move the **** on.

The truth is we have no clue what role Arison's religion played in the decision to not pursue a Kyrie trade. For all we know, Riley didn't think he could trust Kyrie with all the distractions and BS.
Umbooki
RealGM
And1: 29,824

Post#848 » by Umbooki » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:41 pm

I’ve seen a surge of Embiid Heat jersey edits after Game 4 like his body wouldn’t crumble during training camp. :-?
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#849 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:56 pm

Umbooki wrote:I’ve seen a surge of Embiid Heat jersey edits after Game 4 like his body wouldn’t crumble during training camp. :-?

LMAO, Embiid in Miami would lose a limb by Christmas time playing here, switching around trying to guard out on the perimeter or hedging on every screen.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#850 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:07 pm

SoFlaKingReal wrote:Why re-hash the same nonsense?

Move the **** on.

The truth is we have no clue what role Arison's religion played in the decision to not pursue a Kyrie trade. For all we know, Riley didn't think he could trust Kyrie with all the distractions and BS.

This coming from a guy that points out any time any target we’ve ever had has a bad game is hilarious :lol:
#FreeBam
MiamiLoyal926
Rookie
And1: 2,036

Post#851 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:56 pm

There is a definite line in the sand that Miami will not cross, and I for one appreciate it. I will always be on board of proper asset management, and when it comes to metrics and advanced data, I believe the Heat thrive in that department. So if they are unwilling to cross a threshold on a trade, I bet you that threshold is data driven.

I get it though, sometimes using data in a predictive way can be wrong as there are human/natural factors at play that can’t always be predicted. Case and point, Harden and Kyrie are playing well and meshing with their current teams. With that being said, Heat also value their Culture and have certain expectations from their players. Harden/Kyrie had a history that did not align with the Heat way. Beal has an injury history and a no trade clause, Dame had a Cronnin problem, and we had a lack-of-assets problem the rest of the years which is why we couldn’t afford KD or DM several seasons ago. That lack-of-assets problem is also part of our data and likely a learning experience that has led to the Heat being more stringent with their asset management.

With that being said, I also get that some of us in here go full mega-fan mode and put emotion ahead of logic, and are also quick to spend somebody else’s money and ridicule how they choose to spend it. (In this case by “money”, I mean all forms of assets the Heat have to spend from players to picks to actual money). Reality is, the Heat FO have to think about how the Heat maneuver both today and tomorrow. We as fans only care about today’s product and leave tomorrow’s problems to the FO to figure out, and as a result, turn to ridicule when they don’t swing for the fences every time. Suns swung for the fences, and still got swept! Bucks swung for the fences, ignored data, and are about to get eliminated. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Celtics made calculated trades and it seems to be working… Hope this summer we make our share of calculated moves with some significance beyond “running it back”.
SoFlaKingReal
Veteran

Post#852 » by SoFlaKingReal » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:02 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Move the **** on.

This coming from a guy that points out any time any target we’ve ever had has a bad game is hilarious :lol:

The reality is that fans are looking through a keyhole and have very little clue into what really goes into front office decisions. Social media runs with speculation and then it becomes a narrative and is treated like fact by some.

I get a kick out of fans who continue to dredge up past personnel decisions, when they have no clue what really went into the decision and can use hindsight to try to prove some non-existent point.

Legitimately....for all we know, the Heat weren't involved with half of the players that mouthpieces like Shams, Woj "report" they are.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#853 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:09 pm

SoFlaKingReal wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Move the **** on.

The reality is that fans are looking through a keyhole and have very little clue into what really goes into front office decisions. Social media runs with speculation and then it becomes a narrative and is treated like fact by some.

I get a kick out of fans who continue to dredge up past personnel decisions, when they have no clue what really went into the decision and can use hindsight to try to prove some non-existent point.

Move the **** on!!!!
#FreeBam
SoFlaKingReal
Veteran

Post#854 » by SoFlaKingReal » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:11 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
SoFlaKingReal wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Move the **** on!!!!

lol I get it. Its hard to move on when you look at the obvious deficiencies on this roster. Idk what the answers are, we thought they sold Jimmy on a plan to pair him with a second star. But that never materialized. Its frustrating as **** knowing we've been so close, but injuries and lack of star talent have cost us at least one championship in the past five years.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#855 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:14 pm

What we need to do is have a basketball party and have everyone on this board attend that is of legal drinking age, and spend some quality time relieving some stress by talking endless hoops and doing shots. Rapaz probably shows up with a Cronin mask just to piss everyone off.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#856 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:19 pm

SoFlaKingReal wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
SoFlaKingReal wrote:

Move the **** on!!!!

lol I get it. Its hard to move on when you look at the obvious deficiencies on this roster. Idk what the answers are, we thought they sold Jimmy on a plan to pair him with a second star. But that never materialized. Its frustrating as **** knowing we've been so close, but injuries and lack of star talent have cost us at least one championship in the past five years.

Every year just seems to be some sort of what if.

2020: what if Bam and Dragic don’t get hurt in the finals

2021: we were screwed, shortest offseason ever

2022: what if Jimmy doesn’t get hurt, what about PJ Herro and Lowry

2023: what if Jimmy doesn’t get hurt, what if Herro doesn’t

2024: what if Jimmy Rozier JRich and Duncan aren’t hurt

It’s just always something, we can’t catch a break but we always find ourselves at the top (except we’re losing in 5 this series unfortunately). We need that next piece that tries in the regular season and is available to help Bam in getting us better postseason positioning. No play in this season means no Jimmy injury and I’m not taking any of these EC teams over a healthy Heat
#FreeBam
MiamiLoyal926
Rookie
And1: 2,036

Post#857 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:30 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
SoFlaKingReal wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Move the **** on!!!!

It’s just always something, we can’t catch a break but we always find ourselves at the top (except we’re losing in 5 this series unfortunately). We need that next piece that tries in the regular season and is available to help Bam in getting us better postseason positioning. No play in this season means no Jimmy injury and I’m not taking any of these EC teams over a healthy Heat

Butterfly effect for sure! No play in might mean no injured Jimmy! Top seeding also means better chance of making it through even if we had early injuries in the playoffs allowing them to get. Healthy for later series. We just need better seeding and better effort throughout the season.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#858 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:41 pm

MiamiLoyal926 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
SoFlaKingReal wrote:

Butterfly effect for sure! No play in might mean no injured Jimmy! Top seeding also means better chance of making it through even if we had early injuries in the playoffs allowing them to get. Healthy for later series. We just need better seeding and better effort throughout the season.

This is the Jimmy though were expecting, so were not expecting a healthy Jimmy surviving the regular season moving forward, the data says this team is flawed and injury prone at all positions. Whatever Build we go into were never really going to get the most out of it, with the current core, we just hope to survive long enough to get into the playoffs healthy. There's just way too many things that need correction just changing the one is not going to offset all our issues.

I still can't imagine in my mind a prolific scorer coming here and completely changing the landscape by 180 by the addition/deduction of replacing that said player with Herro. Its like I am going to forget how terrible our offensive sets are, half court offense is, and undersized we are, and how injury prone the rest of our roster is year in year out.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#859 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:56 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
MiamiLoyal926 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

This is the Jimmy though were expecting, so were not expecting a healthy Jimmy surviving the regular season moving forward, the data says this team is flawed and injury prone at all positions. Whatever Build we go into were never really going to get the most out of it, with the current core, we just hope to survive long enough to get into the playoffs healthy. There's just way too many things that need correction just changing the one is not going to offset all our issues.

I still can't imagine in my mind a prolific scorer coming here and completely changing the landscape by 180 by the addition/deduction of replacing that said player with Herro. Its like I am going to forget how terrible our offensive sets are, half court offense is, and undersized we are, and how injury prone the rest of our roster is year in year out.

Our offensive sets struggle because our offense has a guy who can’t score without a screen leading the way in shot attempts and usage for the entire season when he should be 3rd, 4th with Rozier.

Watch herro closely tonight and track how many times he scores without a screen and scores just straight up beating his man off the dribble or hitting them with a dribble move into a pull up jumper because he was able to gain separation. Then watch Mitchell tomorrow night and see how drastic the difference is. The sets don’t matter much whenever you have the ball in the right players hands or not does. When you’re as skilled, fast, and explosive as Mitchell is you’re going to get several buckets on your own. Compare the massive difference in their passing as well. It’s all so night and day.

Our offense was quite a bit better without Herro this season because the ball is in the right players hands more and the other guys like Duncan just fit far better. You can find a Herro on damn near every team in the league, if you gave Jordan Clarkson the same usage and shot attempts he’s doing the same thing
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#860 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:10 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
MiamiLoyal926 wrote:

Our offensive sets struggle because our offense has a guy who can’t score without a screen leading the way in shot attempts and usage for the entire season when he should be 3rd, 4th with Rozier.

Watch herro closely tonight and track how many times he scores without a screen and scores just straight up beating his man off the dribble or hitting them with a dribble move into a pull up jumper because he was able to gain separation. Then watch Mitchell tomorrow night and see how drastic the difference is. The sets don’t matter much whenever you have the ball in the right players hands or not does. When you’re as skilled, fast, and explosive as Mitchell is you’re going to get several buckets on your own. Compare the massive difference in their passing as well. It’s all so night and day.

Our offense was quite a bit better without Herro this season because the ball is in the right players hands more and the other guys like Duncan just fit far better. You can find a Herro on damn near every team in the league, if you gave Jordan Clarkson the same usage and shot attempts he’s doing the same thing

It looks identical when Herro wasn't playing just saying, same with Rozier leading the point of attack with an injured Herro. It was like watching de ja vu. I don't need watch Herro, I know at this point, actually we all know at this point what he is, and his limitations. He doesn't have elite foot speed or Acceleration to gain advantages, he also doesn't have the craftiest of handles to juke his defenders either, he has mediocre vert and short wingspan which makes finishing at the rim difficult over defenders. We all get that, however its not like he isn't scoring at all they still find ways to free him up and he ins't a bad shooter from the 3pt either, there some metrics he excels at other players around the league don't but weve focused on making him a 3 level scorer that he isn't that's on the FO/Coaching staff. To be fair they included him in pretty much every trade offseason after bubble but nothing has materialized. I think you exaggerate a bit saying there's a Herro in every team, there's not, but he is lower in the tier level of stardom, like towards the bottom middle, which is why he is categorized at 3rd or 4th guy he is best served or 6th man.

Return to Miami Heat