ImageImageImage

Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion!

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,177

Re: Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion! 

Post#501 » by dolphinatik » Tue Mar 5, 2024 12:43 am

Gant wrote:
greg4012 wrote:Mavs have lost 4 of their lost 5 games after the hyped stint they had around the trade deadline. Looks like Kidd is starting to wear out his welcome (as he does everywhere he goes). I saw this one coming from a mile away. Kidd never lasts anywhere more than 3-4 years. Thibs is another guy with coaching talent but comes with an expiration date as a HC for an org.

The Dallas front office and and organization have not done well. They did get Luka which was an awesome move. But then Luka didn't mesh with Porzingis and Brunson, who went on to become real difference makers elsewhere. The job is to recognize, get talent and make it work, not lose it.
Porzingis was traded for Bertans and Dinwiddie. Brunson walked away after the Mavs botched his previous contract situation. Total haul for one all star and one near all star: Bertans and Dinwiddie.

Then after letting those two go they went all out for the unstable Kyrie who, despite his immense talent, performs well only on half the court some of the time.

Next they made the move to overpay $ for Grant Williams only to pay out a future first rounder to get rid of him.

Lively looks like a good pick, but how is Dallas ever going to contend with this roster and management in the always competitive West?

The problem is definitely Luka and coaching unable to manage him properly, he is easily the best player but way too ball dominant at the expense of team chemistry. Thats what happens when you dont know how to manage superstars, Lebron is like this at times, great , but other players cant shine with him around at times.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,031

Post#502 » by SerialChiller » Tue Mar 5, 2024 12:46 am

Bishop45 wrote:Always liked this kid, never thought that his bag was this deep-- sheesh

Read on Twitter

Soo good...he's already the best all around Canadian basketball player ever ability wise imo and will have a good chance to over take Nash for overall career wise as well.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,992

Post#503 » by DayofMourning » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:13 am

SerialChiller wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:Always liked this kid, never thought that his bag was this deep-- sheesh

Read on Twitter

Soo good...he's already the best all around Canadian basketball player ever ability wise imo and will have a good chance to over take Nash for overall career wise as well.

I brought this up in another topic, but could you imagine SGA and Wemby on this Heat team? Game over man. Game over!
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,655

Post#504 » by Daffy » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:53 am

Dame just cooked the Clippers without Giannis. Oh man what could have and should have been.
SerialChiller
Head Coach

Post#505 » by SerialChiller » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:42 am

Daffy wrote:Dame just cooked the Clippers without Giannis. Oh man what could have and should have been.

Wow what a game from Portis off the bench too. 28pts and 16reb on 12/18 shooting in only 30min.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,655

Post#506 » by Daffy » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:15 am

SerialChiller wrote:
Daffy wrote:Dame just cooked the Clippers without Giannis. Oh man what could have and should have been.

Wow what a game from Portis off the bench too. 28pts and 16reb on 12/18 shooting in only 30min.

Portis is one of those guys you'll hate him but when he's on your team you'll love him. Would've been a nice fit here with us to be honest.
SerialChiller
Head Coach

Post#507 » by SerialChiller » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:22 am

Daffy wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:

Portis is one of those guys you'll hate him but when he's on your team you'll love him. Would've been a nice fit here with us to be honest.

He was a Heat fan before the NBA too lol
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,017

Post#508 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Mar 5, 2024 1:20 pm

Averaging 32-4-7 without Giannis this season, small 3 game sample size but 1 of them being a 40 point blowout drags his numbers down
#FreeBam
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,782

Post#509 » by al bondiga » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:18 pm

God!! NBA pushing for Wemby Hard this month.

yes, just start winning
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,858

Post#510 » by AirP. » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:30 pm

SerialChiller wrote:
Daffy wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:

He also broke the jaw of the starting PF in front of him in Chicago during a practice with a cheap shot (it was leaked that this happened back then) which kept Mirotic out of basketball for a couple of months and was part of the reason that led to Chicago deciding to go with the youth movement vs continuing their 2 year plan to clear cap space for to max players and Butler, so they ended up trading Butler.
SerialChiller
Head Coach

Post#511 » by SerialChiller » Tue Mar 5, 2024 8:15 pm

AirP. wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:
Daffy wrote:

He also broke the jaw of the starting PF in front of him in Chicago during a practice with a cheap shot (it was leaked that this happened back then) which kept Mirotic out of basketball for a couple of months and was part of the reason that led to Chicago deciding to go with the youth movement vs continuing their 2 year plan to clear cap space for to max players and Butler, so they ended up trading Butler.

:lol: Yes I remember that well as I followed the Bulls back then as Wade was there...
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,017

Post#512 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Mar 5, 2024 9:25 pm

SerialChiller wrote:
AirP. wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:

:lol: Yes I remember that well as I followed the Bulls back then as Wade was there...

Same, shoutout to Paul Zipser
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM

Post#513 » by AirP. » Tue Mar 5, 2024 9:34 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:
AirP. wrote:He also broke the jaw of the starting PF in front of him in Chicago during a practice with a cheap shot (it was leaked that this happened back then) which kept Mirotic out of basketball for a couple of months and was part of the reason that led to Chicago deciding to go with the youth movement vs continuing their 2 year plan to clear cap space for to max players and Butler, so they ended up trading Butler.

Here's pretty much why Butler said it was him or the coach since the coach allowed this tpe of **** to go on while Chicago were trying to make the playoffs. Fred Hoiberg was horrible as a coach. Zipser (16) is actually playing and goes into the corner, they really tried to make him happen. At least Valentine paid attention to the game.

Read on Twitter
SerialChiller
Head Coach

Post#514 » by SerialChiller » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:04 pm

AirP. wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:

Here's pretty much why Butler said it was him or the coach since the coach allowed this tpe of **** to go on while Chicago were trying to make the playoffs. Fred Hoiberg was horrible as a coach. Zipser (16) is actually playing and goes into the corner, they really tried to make him happen. At least Valentine paid attention to the game.

Read on Twitter

I wasn't a fan of Mirotic, I honestly thought it was funny when I heard he got knocked out by Portis lol. I always felt he jacked up way too many ill advised deep shots early in the shot clock and even late in close games. Wade and Butler I think were even clearly talking about him at times when they ripped the young Bulls. Butler saying they weren't taking the right shots or getting the ball to who should be taking them late in games. And Wade saying he better see you shooting that shot countless times in practice if you want to be taking it with games on the line, something like that if I remember right. Those young Bulls didn't know or seem to care about what it takes to win that's for sure. Hoiberg was legit horrible for sure, and Rondo just enabled it all as well in order to act like a good vet teammate. Making Butler and Wade out to be the bad guys for demanding accountability and wanting players to take winning seriously...
AirP.
RealGM

Post#515 » by AirP. » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:24 pm

SerialChiller wrote:
AirP. wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Read on Twitter

I wasn't a fan of Mirotic, I honestly thought it was funny when I heard he got knocked out by Portis lol. I always felt he jacked up way too many ill advised deep shots early in the shot clock and even late in close games. Wade and Butler I think were even clearly talking about him at times when they ripped the young Bulls. Butler saying they weren't taking the right shots or getting the ball to who should be taking them late in games. And Wade saying he better see you shooting that shot countless times in practice if you want to be taking it with games on the line, something like that if I remember right. Those young Bulls didn't know or seem to care about what it takes to win that's for sure. Hoiberg was legit horrible for sure, and Rondo just enabled it all as well in order to act like a good vet teammate. Making Butler and Wade out to be the bad guys for demanding accountability and wanting players to take winning seriously...

What? When Butler and Wade were playing he was limited to just shooting 3s though to create space, which is why when Wade went out he really shined. In March when Wade missed most of the games, Mirotic shot a TS% of .640 in 12 games.

I highly doubt Butler was talking down Mirotic, Butler's highest 2-man combo by far with the Bulls that year was with Mirotic as +12.3 points per 100.

I had high hopes for Mirotic before hearing about them having him gain 20 pounds to play more center.

He'd be a great fit for Miami's current roster...
SerialChiller
Head Coach

Post#516 » by SerialChiller » Tue Mar 5, 2024 11:40 pm

AirP. wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:
AirP. wrote:Here's pretty much why Butler said it was him or the coach since the coach allowed this tpe of **** to go on while Chicago were trying to make the playoffs. Fred Hoiberg was horrible as a coach. Zipser (16) is actually playing and goes into the corner, they really tried to make him happen. At least Valentine paid attention to the game.

Read on Twitter

What? When Butler and Wade were playing he was limited to just shooting 3s though to create space, which is why when Wade went out he really shined. In March when Wade missed most of the games, Mirotic shot a TS% of .640 in 12 games.

I highly doubt Butler was talking down Mirotic, Butler's highest 2-man combo by far with the Bulls that year was with Mirotic as +12.3 points per 100.

I had high hopes for Mirotic before hearing about them having him gain 20 pounds to play more center.

He'd be a great fit for Miami's current roster...

Mirotic definitely was skilled, I just seem to remember him taking and missing some big shots late in games that were ill advised deep 3s early in the clock. Ones that almost like hijacked the offense before anyone even knew what happened and it always stuck out to me in my memory and made me not like him. And it's exactly the kind of thing it sounded like they were talking about but who knows. That and I always kind viewed him as a bit soft for a big and not much of a defender. Idk that's just the impressions I was left with of him.

Well those are just personal opinions based off of memory. But I mean the guy shot 42% for his career as a big so I don't think Wade was his problem and causing him to just be a perimeter shooter. Wade has always known how to play well with bigs, but ya for sure spacing with Butler, Wade, and Rondo was a huge issue. The Bulls were dumb AF for that lol. He never did much better afterwards on other teams though, was pretty solid with the Pelicans then a quick stint in Mil before leaving the league at 27 averaging less than 12ppg.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#517 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:54 am

Daffy wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:

I think you meant that you'll hate him when he disappears for 4 or 5 games but then love him when he kills it in that one game.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
AirP.
RealGM

Post#518 » by AirP. » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:00 am

SerialChiller wrote:
Mirotic definitely was skilled, I just seem to remember him taking and missing some big shots late in games that were ill advised deep 3s early in the clock. Ones that almost like hijacked the offense before anyone even knew what happened and it always stuck out to me in my memory and made me not like him. And it's exactly the kind of thing it sounded like they were talking about but who knows. That and I always kind viewed him as a bit soft for a big and not much of a defender. Idk that's just the impressions I was left with of him.

Well those are just personal opinions based off of memory. But I mean the guy shot 42% for his career as a big so I don't think Wade was his problem and causing him to just be a perimeter shooter. Wade has always known how to play well with bigs, but ya for sure spacing with Butler, Wade, and Rondo was a huge issue. The Bulls were dumb AF for that lol. He never did much better afterwards on other teams though, was pretty solid with the Pelicans then a quick stint in Mil before leaving the league at 27 averaging less than 12ppg.

The Bulls were just wasting their time for 2 years to have 2 max spots for free agency with just Butler and a couple low priced players under contract, it's why they overpaid both Wade and Rondo then after 1 year decided to not do the plan. Chicago is a stupid yet money hungry organization.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#519 » by DayofMourning » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:23 am

Wow. Luka pouted his way out of a rebound. He goes too far with it sometimes.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#520 » by DayofMourning » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:25 am

Jalen just yammed it over 2 dudes.

Return to Miami Heat