ImageImageImage

**NBA Draft Discussion 2024**

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,723

Re: **NBA Draft Discussion 2024** 

Post#241 » by Seabass777 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:14 pm

If we lose the play in against the Bulls are we able to move up in the draft or are we locked in at 15?

I would love to draft that French kid, who they call the French Giannis, Tidjane Salaun
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,836

Post#242 » by greg4012 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:38 pm

Seabass777 wrote:If we lose the play in against the Bulls are we able to move up in the draft or are we locked in at 15?

I would love to draft that French kid, who they call the French Giannis, Tidjane Salaun

IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,812

Post#243 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:03 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Seabass777 wrote:If we lose the play in against the Bulls are we able to move up in the draft or are we locked in at 15?

There's a possibility for us to land at 11th so we can fall down 4 additional spots.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,238

Post#244 » by Wiltside » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:41 pm

We’ve done well out of these mid FRPs historically.

Herro, Bam, Jaquez all in that late lotto / mid FRP range. Achiuwa the only recent miss.

I feel confident we’ll find a quality player. It does look like guard would be the best bet in the range from a talent perspective.

McCain is my guy if he’s there. Knecht the other but I think he’ll be gone.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,330

Post#245 » by twix2500 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:40 pm

Kyshawn George I see a lot of resemblance of James Johnson in him. He needs to go back to school. A lot of talent but hasn'tlearned the game enough

;t=143s
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,645

Post#246 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:51 pm

Whoever we draft is going to be a great fit in Cleveland that’s for sure
#FreeBam
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,502

Post#247 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:13 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Whoever we draft is going to be a great fit in Cleveland that’s for sure

Either trade the pick or swing for an elite tools high upside kid.

Don't want to see us touch any "quality mature role player" - we're becoming to Chicago bulls with all this mid talent.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,369

Post#248 » by DayofMourning » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:59 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Whoever we draft is going to be a great fit in Cleveland that’s for sure

Don't want to see us touch any "quality mature role player" - we're becoming to Chicago bulls with all this mid talent.

Who you got Rex? Whos that hidden gem?
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,502

Post#249 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:08 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

Too drained to go into a deep dive ATM.

Generally I'd target the kid with the best physical tools and scoring talent available, regardless of position.

We can't keep grinding seasons, we need some natural bonafide bucket getters.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#250 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:23 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

Generally I'd target the kid with the best physical tools and scoring talent available, regardless of position.

They went with raw upside talent in Jovic, then they went with ready now talent in Jaquez, I think their gonna go with best physical and scoring talent upside since were at the tail end of the Jimmy build, plus that talent could be used in future trade so you want to pick best available on the table on this upcoming pick.

Hoping for Stepson Castle to drop: 6'-6" PG/SG Combo guard high athletism, ball handling, first step. I have a feeling he goes 10-13.

Donovan Clingan, is interesting 7'-2" bruiser center with great defense, and the guy you need to go at Jokic/Embiid, and allow Bam to be the defender he is across a larger area on the floor. Very high upside.

Nikola Topic, is also very interesting to me, as a Euro 6'-6" PG with tons of skill, and high upside shooting, great ball handling and passing instincts, euro step savvy, and very comfortable playing under the basket against larger players. Reminds me of a young bigger Goran Dragic as archetype.

Terrence Shannon has the highest upside of any guard in the draft and is slated potentially at #9, If Miami could somehow swap picks here and do a draft day trade, the kid is 6'-7" 225lbs, nba ready body, athletism for days, peak monster upside at SG. If he drops, and we can trade down a couple spots, hell if he drops and were like 2-3 picks away Miami should do whatever they can to go grab this dude. I wish they dropped the damn Chicago game so we could be a bit closer to nabbing someone like him.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#251 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:51 pm

Yes Ira, make it hurt more.....The taste of potential lottery pick squandered for a beautiful chance at getting walloped in the first round short handed.

Read on Twitter
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#252 » by DayofMourning » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:06 pm

IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#253 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:52 pm

DayofMourning wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-academy-africa-center-ulrich-034043975.html#:~:text=Chomche%2C who was born in,75 loss to Team USA.

Haven't hear anything about before....looks interesting as a prospect. If he goes in the lottery maybe there's a chance somebody slips down to us that was top 10 talent.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#254 » by DayofMourning » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:29 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-academy-africa-center-ulrich-034043975.html#:~:text=Chomche%2C who was born in,75 loss to Team USA.

Haven't hear anything about before....looks interesting as a prospect. If he goes in the lottery maybe there's a chance somebody slips down to us that was top 10 talent.

I think hes borderline 1st round. Too raw but already looking toolsy.
lastb1ckman
Freshman
And1: 75

Post#255 » by lastb1ckman » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:01 pm

Does anyone know if we have our 2nd round pick this year? All the most current mock drafts I see say we do, but I keep hearing from other Heat fans that we don't.
https://fanspo.com/nba/teams/Heat/16/draft-picks
According to this, it says protected for selections 31-50 and 56-59 (ATL) or protected for selections 31-55 (NYK). We have 43, so that means its protected, right?
lastb1ckman
Freshman
And1: 75

Post#256 » by lastb1ckman » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:07 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

They went with raw upside talent in Jovic, then they went with ready now talent in Jaquez, I think their gonna go with best physical and scoring talent upside since were at the tail end of the Jimmy build, plus that talent could be used in future trade so you want to pick best available on the table on this upcoming pick.

Hoping for Stepson Castle to drop: 6'-6" PG/SG Combo guard high athletism, ball handling, first step. I have a feeling he goes 10-13.

Donovan Clingan, is interesting 7'-2" bruiser center with great defense, and the guy you need to go at Jokic/Embiid, and allow Bam to be the defender he is across a larger area on the floor. Very high upside.

Nikola Topic, is also very interesting to me, as a Euro 6'-6" PG with tons of skill, and high upside shooting, great ball handling and passing instincts, euro step savvy, and very comfortable playing under the basket against larger players. Reminds me of a young bigger Goran Dragic as archetype.

Terrence Shannon has the highest upside of any guard in the draft and is slated potentially at #9, If Miami could somehow swap picks here and do a draft day trade, the kid is 6'-7" 225lbs, nba ready body, athletism for days, peak monster upside at SG. If he drops, and we can trade down a couple spots, hell if he drops and were like 2-3 picks away Miami should do whatever they can to go grab this dude. I wish they dropped the damn Chicago game so we could be a bit closer to nabbing someone like him.

Those guys are all nice, but I wouldn't expected any of them to make it to 15th. Clingan and Castle have been even getting top 5 buzz after their tournament run.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#257 » by twix2500 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:11 pm

Just watch and review Stephon Castle. Drafting him is a no go. He is not a good shooter and teams dare him to shoot. His offensive game and limitations is reminisce of Justise Winslow. Very reluctant to shoot when left wide open. Doesn't have a very good form. I think Ryan Dunn is a way better prospect.
ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#258 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:22 pm

twix2500 wrote:Just watch and review Stephon Castle. Drafting him is a no go. He is not a good shooter and teams dare him to shoot. His offensive game and limitations is reminisce of Justise Winslow. Very reluctant to shoot when left wide open. Doesn't have a very good form. I think Ryan Dunn is a way better prospect.
ImageImage

I watched him in the tournament, I think he has a lot more upside than Justice Winslow, Justise was a tweener forward we forced to handle the ball and play a point forward role, and had a bad jumper. Stephon Castle I feel is more naturally suited for playmaking as a guard and has a slasher mentality we can cultivate. Not everyone will come in as a sharp shooter, he did good by not hoisting shots if he wasn't good at them.

Ryan dunn is nice, very athletic, high vertical leap, quick, and I believe is touted as a top defender. His jumper though looks weird to me, like a similar hitch mechanic that Caleb Martin has. He does have the intangibles Miami looks for anyways, being a great defender is something they look for as #1 priority.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#259 » by DayofMourning » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:28 pm

lastb1ckman wrote:Does anyone know if we have our 2nd round pick this year? All the most current mock drafts I see say we do, but I keep hearing from other Heat fans that we don't.
https://fanspo.com/nba/teams/Heat/16/draft-picks
According to this, it says protected for selections 31-50 and 56-59 (ATL) or protected for selections 31-55 (NYK). We have 43, so that means its protected, right?

Yes. We r keeping our pick in the 2nd round.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#260 » by twix2500 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:31 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Just watch and review Stephon Castle. Drafting him is a no go. He is not a good shooter and teams dare him to shoot. His offensive game and limitations is reminisce of Justise Winslow. Very reluctant to shoot when left wide open. Doesn't have a very good form. I think Ryan Dunn is a way better prospect.
ImageImage

I watched him in the tournament, I think he has a lot more upside than Justice Winslow, Justise was a tweener forward we forced to handle the ball and play a point forward role, and had a bad jumper. Stephon Castle I feel is more naturally suited for playmaking as a guard and has a slasher mentality we can cultivate. Not everyone will come in as a sharp shooter, he did good by not hoisting shots if he wasn't good at them.
I think Justise was a better ball handler and defender. Jutise was also a player who was smart at not taking shot he wasn't good at until the Heat wanted him to expand his game. Both have very bad form.

Return to Miami Heat