ImageImageImage

**NBA Draft Discussion 2024**

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,841

Re: **NBA Draft Discussion 2024** 

Post#361 » by IceColdCubano » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:43 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Still got a good feeling about Holmes as a prospect

Holmes too robotic and a very very slow shooting form, zero translation to the NBA just off that video, he is literally thinking where to move, how to pivot, how to shimmy, looking at the ball, and coordinating his dribble, nothing looks natural in any of those drills.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,866

Post#362 » by greg4012 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:05 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Holmes too robotic and a very very slow shooting form, zero translation to the NBA just off that video, he is literally thinking where to move, how to pivot, how to shimmy, looking at the ball, and coordinating his dribble, nothing looks natural in any of those drills.

Almost like it's practice focused on technique
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#363 » by IceColdCubano » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:35 pm

greg4012 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Read on Twitter

So are the two guys doing different practices techniques and different skill levels??? one guy is going through smoothly flowing through the drills, like it comes natural, focused on repetition/speed, not thinking just reacting. Holmes is the opposite of what the other guy is doing, so is the drill different for both. It would make hella sense, if both were focused on technique and taking their time. So perhaps Holmes is behind the curve, and needs to perform these focused on technique, well because its not natural to him yet, almost like he isn't as skilled as mentioned above previously.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#364 » by greg4012 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:29 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:Holmes too robotic and a very very slow shooting form, zero translation to the NBA just off that video, he is literally thinking where to move, how to pivot, how to shimmy, looking at the ball, and coordinating his dribble, nothing looks natural in any of those drills.

So are the two guys doing different practices techniques and different skill levels??? one guy is going through smoothly flowing through the drills, like it comes natural, focused on repetition/speed, not thinking just reacting. Holmes is the opposite of what the other guy is doing, so is the drill different for both. It would make hella sense, if both were focused on technique and taking their time. So perhaps Holmes is behind the curve, and needs to perform these focused on technique, well because its not natural to him yet, almost like he isn't as skilled as mentioned above previously.

The other guy is arguably the best pure shooter in this draft class and 3 pt shooting is literally the one skill he’s banking on to get him drafted.

Holmes hardly even shot 3s before this past season and is a PF/C that has been the best player on his team for 3 years and best player in his entire conference for 2 years.

Patience for progress.

Should Duncan Robinson and Bobby Portis look the same if they ran these drills?

Where was Holmes’ 3 pt shooting skill level previously mentioned as being one of the best pure 3 ball shooters in college bball/this draft?

What’s going on here?
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,215

Post#365 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Without question my top pick if he’s sitting there at 15.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,444

Post#366 » by DayofMourning » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:38 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hes got that hair flow game going too. Jaquez and Carter hair crew.

NFL draft tonight too dude. We dont follow the same squad there but its bout to go down!
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#367 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:39 pm

Don’t think Holmes makes it to 43 and too high to take him at 15. Sandfort on the other hand looks like a cheap Duncan replacement who has a chance at being at 43. Seeing guys like Sandfort and Karaban as second rounders is a stark reminder how crazy it is to be paying Duncan close to 20 million next year and how it continues to negatively affect our cap. Can we not overpay situational shooters with no defense again. I’m not sure i’m sold with Cole Swider either. He seems to miss a ton of shots whenever he’s given a chance.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#368 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:42 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hes got that hair flow game going too. Jaquez and Carter hair crew.

NFL draft tonight too dude. We dont follow the same squad there but its bout to go down!

I got butteflies with the Giants at 6. We either get bold and trade up for a QB or get a much needed powerhouse WR1 with Nabers.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#369 » by DayofMourning » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:24 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:I got butteflies with the Giants at 6. We either get bold and trade up for a QB or get a much needed powerhouse WR1 with Nabers.

Some stud WR this year. You select any of MHJ, Nabers or Odunze and youre set. Even later receivers look real good.

I want the Pats to trade down. If the Vikes want to move up, give us that compensation.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#370 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:32 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:I got butteflies with the Giants at 6. We either get bold and trade up for a QB or get a much needed powerhouse WR1 with Nabers.

Some stud WR this year. You select any of MHJ, Nabers or Odunze and youre set. Even later receivers look real good.

I want the Pats to trade down. If the Vikes want to move up, give us that compensation.

I hope we can make a trade so the Giants end up with Drake Maye. I think Maye wants to be a Giant. He’s also been working out with Eli.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/02/08/drake-maye-north-carolina-working-out-eli-manning-2024-draft
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#371 » by DayofMourning » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:41 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

I hope we can make a trade so the Giants end up with Drake Maye. I think Maye wants to be a Giant. He’s also been working out with Eli.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/02/08/drake-maye-north-carolina-working-out-eli-manning-2024-draft

What would you be willing to trade as a Giants fan to get to the 3rd pick?
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#372 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:57 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Next years first which should be a very high pick and maybe a 3rd. Could also throw in a WR like Slayton.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#373 » by DayofMourning » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:51 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:I hope we can make a trade so the Giants end up with Drake Maye. I think Maye wants to be a Giant. He’s also been working out with Eli.

Next years first which should be a very high pick and maybe a 3rd. Could also throw in a WR like Slayton.

Spicy. The Pats could totally revamp their team if they are willing to be patient.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#374 » by greg4012 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:58 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Don’t think Holmes makes it to 43 and too high to take him at 15. Sandfort on the other hand looks like a cheap Duncan replacement who has a chance at being at 43. Seeing guys like Sandfort and Karaban as second rounders is a stark reminder how crazy it is to be paying Duncan close to 20 million next year and how it continues to negatively affect our cap. Can we not overpay situational shooters with no defense again. I’m not sure i’m sold with Cole Swider either. He seems to miss a ton of shots whenever he’s given a chance.

Agreed on Sandfort being intriguing in rd 2.

I have zero issue with Holmes at 15. He’s underrated by many imo bc he’s not easy to slot as a pure PF or C. But given Miamis personnel with Bam (most mobile C in NBA) and Jovic (6’11 playmaking forward) he may be able to carve out a complementary role as the 3rd rotation big able to play with both. My early NBA comp is something between Bobby Portis and Daniel Gafford.

There’s a bunch of guys that will go before Holmes that I have absolutely zero interest in. Consensus is never a good indicator—especially in this draft.

Still a lot more to learn about these prospects and a lot more prospects for me to learn about
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#375 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:07 pm

Pre lottery selection top 15 mock draft

1. Detroit Pistons- SF/PF 6'9 Zaccharie Risacher France

2. Washington Wizards- C 7'1 Alexadre Sarr France

3. Charlotte Hornets- PG/SG 6'3 Rob Dillingham Kentucky

4. Portland Trailblazers- SF 6'6 Dalton Knecht Tennessee

5. San Antonio Spurs- C 7'2 Donovan Clingan Uconn

6. Toronto Raptors- PG 6'6 Nikola Topic Serbia

7. Memphis Grizzlies- SF 6'8 Cody Williams Colorado

8. Utah Jazz- PG/SG 6'3 Reed Sheppard Kentucky

9. Houston Rockets- SG 6'5 Ja'Kobe Walker Baylor

10. Atlanta Hawks- PG/SG 6'6 Stephon Castle Uconn

11. Chicago Bulls- SF 6'10 Matas Buzelis G League

12. OKC Thunder- SF/PF 6'8 Ron Holland G League

13. Sacramento Kings- PG/SG 6'3 Jared McCain Duke

14. Portland Trailiblazers- SF/PF 6'9 Tidjane Salaun France

15. Miami Heat- PG 6'3 Devin Carter Providence
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#376 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:54 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Pre lottery selection top 15 mock draft

If Terrence Shannon is still on the board you take him and run. 6'-7" SG 225lbs 6'-8" Wingspan 8'6" standing reach with 38" Vert

The only problem is he has a hearing upcoming in May, for an alleged rape all things point to him being innocent though following up with all his hearings, did my research, sounds like the girl is trying to get back at him. I think May 10 is the next hearing, if it all goes well, giving him the benefit of the doubt so far. Dude is too good to ignore. Also he is 23 years old, a ready now talent.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#377 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:14 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:

If Terrence Shannon is still on the board you take him and run. 6'-7" SG 225lbs 6'-8" Wingspan 8'6" standing reach with 38" Vert

The only problem is he has a hearing upcoming in May, for an alleged rape all things point to him being innocent though following up with all his hearings, did my research, sounds like the girl is trying to get back at him. I think May 10 is the next hearing, if it all goes well, giving him the benefit of the doubt so far. Dude is too good to ignore. Also he is 23 years old, a ready now talent.

If Buzelis goes earlier i can see Chicago taking Shannon Jr. being a Chitown kid. I do like Shannon Jr as a prospect but i like Devin Carter a bit more for our culture. Even if charges are dropped for Shannon Jr it’s still something that lingers. His shot also gives me Kevin Porter Jr vibes. Hopefully his personality doesn’t match KPJ’s.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,544

Post#378 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:16 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:

He's been on my radar lately.

He's older, which is not necessarily a bad thing for our geriatric organization, because he's more ready.

I really love his size, slashing ability, finishing ability, and overall natural scoring ability. He has great tools, with some polish he might be a 3 level scorer that can defend some too.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#379 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:21 pm

No brainer slam dunk Heat pick
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#380 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:28 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:

No brainer slam dunk Heat pick

Amazing defensive IQ for sure, fit for a bench role or six man off the bench, has Miami heat tattooed on his forehead based on his play for sure. To me he is too small for my liking, really want something that has upside to elite player which is why I am so hard on for Shannon. I just don't see

Return to Miami Heat