ImageImageImage

**NBA Draft Discussion 2024**

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,960

Re: **NBA Draft Discussion 2024** 

Post#81 » by Wiltside » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:00 am

If we look to deal one of Herro or Duncan, Dalton Knecht out of Tennessee would be a smart pickup. Looks good as a movement shooter, looks to have long arms and finishes pretty well inside, atleast in the limited amount of film I’ve checked out

He’s a senior and an older draftee like Jaime. Will just turn 23 when the Draft arrives. Looks NBA ready though. 6’6” and 213lbs, so has a good frame as a 2/3.

Read this and tell me it doesn’t scream Heat player: https://www.si.com/nba/draft/prospect-profiles/nba-draft-scouting-report-tennessees-dalton-knecht
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Post#82 » by Pokuokic » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:02 pm

Knect reminds me a bit of Braun from Denver but more polished offensively def a good pick in the 15-30 range.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,736

Post#83 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:29 pm

Really liking what i’m seeing out of Ryan Dunn
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#84 » by Wiltside » Tue Feb 6, 2024 8:34 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Really liking what i’m seeing out of Ryan Dunn

The stocks look good, but the 3 ball gives me concern. Is he more Shawn Marion? Or Matisse Thybulle?

Haven’t watched enough tape on him, so curious as to what you like about him. I’d say he has the right size and length for a Heat 4.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,736

Post#85 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 8, 2024 9:34 pm

Wiltside wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Really liking what i’m seeing out of Ryan Dunn

The stocks look good, but the 3 ball gives me concern. Is he more Shawn Marion? Or Matisse Thybulle?

Haven’t watched enough tape on him, so curious as to what you like about him. I’d say he has the right size and length for a Heat 4.

UM coach Larranaga was talking about him on the radio saying what a dynamic player he is and is a lock to be a very good NBA player. Said can guard 1-4. Started following and he looks the part. 6’8 7’1 wingspan

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/newsfeed/2024-nba-draft-ryan-dunn-potential-as-a-generational-defender
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,447

Post#86 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:45 am

Seeing Jovic root on the bench makes me question our ability to take on long term projects.

If the rook ain't ready to play defense day 1...we'll probably never see him play here

So Seniors only for Spo
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,521

Post#87 » by Bishop45 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:40 pm

Read on Twitter
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,628

Post#88 » by IceColdCubano » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:55 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Seeing Jovic root on the bench makes me question our ability to take on long term projects.

If the rook ain't ready to play defense day 1...we'll probably never see him play here

So Seniors only for Spo

Now your thinking like a Heat scout.
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 427

Post#89 » by dubasilva » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:55 pm

Shall we start here, Gentlemen?
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#90 » by Wiltside » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:45 pm

Currently sitting at pick 15. I think it’s likely we will be in the mid-first round from here.

I’d say Isaiah Collier would get a good look from us if available. MWP’s guy Ryan Dunn another option as a 4 in our system.

I still like Dalton Knecht. But only if we’re dealing one of Duncan or Herro. Too redundant otherwise.
dubasilva
Junior

Post#91 » by dubasilva » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:53 pm

Kyle Filipowski C
DUKE • SOPH • 7'0" / 248 LBS

Donovan Clingan C
CONNECTICUT • SOPH • 7'2" / 280 LBS
_GH0ST_
Junior
And1: 488

Post#92 » by _GH0ST_ » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:44 pm

My favorite among non-lottery candidates is McCullar. Plug and play like JJJ. 22 years old. He looks like Josh Hart. He's a solid defender and can shoot. He easily fills Caleb's void next year.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Post#93 » by Pokuokic » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:25 am

A interesting prospect who will probs go mid to late 2nd or undrafted who i think would benefit from developing in Miami is Nikola Djurisic.

(highlights are vs a solid Euroleague team) (He also cooked the OTE squad with both the Thompson Twins last year)

Pros:
.Massive 6'8 (measured that in the 2023 pre draft) combo guard mainly plays the 2 but can easily fill in at the 1 for stretches
.Solid athlete with a great frame to be a tank
.Elite passing (probs a much better passer than Jovic imo)
.Good creativity (ball handling/using screens//body control)
.solid defensive instincts when engaged in particular getting into the lane for a steal
.Will be 20 years old this year

Cons
.3pt shooting, the shot does not look broken but the % are ugly
.Finishing at the rim, can get to the rim but not a good finisher currently (getting stronger with his frame would help a lot)
.Wingspan not great its about the same as his height but if he's playing the 2 its adequate

If Miami can put him on a similar strength program to Jovic I think he would benefit a lot the key obviously would be to work on the 3pt shot but he's got 1st round talent but the deficits in his game will probably make him a late 2nd round pick/undrafted the idea would be to play him in the G-League to develop on a 2 way deal or that super cheap 4 year deal they do.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,628

Post#94 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:51 pm

Pokuokic wrote:A interesting prospect who will probs go mid to late 2nd or undrafted who i think would benefit from developing in Miami is Nikola Djurisic.

(highlights are vs a solid Euroleague team) (He also cooked the OTE squad with both the Thompson Twins last year)

Pros:
.Massive 6'8 (measured that in the 2023 pre draft) combo guard mainly plays the 2 but can easily fill in at the 1 for stretches
.solid defensive instincts when engaged in particular getting into the lane for a steal

Cons
.Finishing at the rim, can get to the rim but not a good finisher currently (getting stronger with his frame would help a lot)
.Wingspan not great its about the same as his height but if he's playing the 2 its adequate

If Miami can put him on a similar strength program to Jovic I think he would benefit a lot the key obviously would be to work on the 3pt shot but he's got 1st round talent but the deficits in his game will probably make him a late 2nd round pick/undrafted the idea would be to play him in the G-League to develop on a 2 way deal or that super cheap 4 year deal they do.

Hmm a European Slasher a guard, with good passing instincts, I don't know if Miami would go for that, goes against their build, the player would need to be a good shooter. Unless there's a Luka Doncic hidden in there somewhere.
dubasilva
Junior

Post#95 » by dubasilva » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:16 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Pokuokic wrote:A interesting prospect who will probs go mid to late 2nd or undrafted who i think would benefit from developing in Miami is Nikola Djurisic.

Pros:

Cons

Hmm a European Slasher a guard, with good passing instincts, I don't know if Miami would go for that, goes against their build, the player would need to be a good shooter. Unless there's a Luka Doncic hidden in there somewhere.

I totally agree. I see the Heat drafting a PG @ 15. or trading our pick. BTW, Can we trade our pick next year?
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,040

Post#96 » by DayofMourning » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:05 pm

_GH0ST_ wrote:My favorite among non-lottery candidates is McCullar. Plug and play like JJJ. 22 years old. He looks like Josh Hart. He's a solid defender and can shoot. He easily fills Caleb's void next year.

Good points all around. We will likely have to replace Caleb.

I still want a true rim protector next to Bam though.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,521

Post#97 » by Bishop45 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:23 pm

Read on Twitter
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by DayofMourning » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:44 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I just dont like their prospects this year.

Buzelis, Holland and whomever else dont look like NBA guys.

I want to see guys impacting the game in a variety of ways. If their shot isnt falling, what else can they do? I dont have a sense that any of these guys are multidimensional or have any specific trait that puts them over the top.

Buzelis and Holland are great at what again? Buzelis is a tall "shooter"...? Holland can run and jump. Thats not enough to be a 1st round pick, much less considered for the top pick.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by DayofMourning » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:43 pm

I wonder what OKC will try and do with the 10th and 11th picks in this draft? They really need to consolidate. Theyve got a squad chock full of youth right now. Dont know how many young guys theyll be able to keep.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#100 » by Wiltside » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:16 am

;si=XGCK0X9ymoOOrb3y

I brought him up a month ago, and he’s still the guy I’d take with our first pick. He’s a Heat player and a Heat type story. You know Spo would be gushing about this guys come up.

I was right about Desmond Bane. I’m feeling like I might be right about Knecht too.

Return to Miami Heat