ImageImageImage

**NBA Draft Discussion 2024**

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Re: **NBA Draft Discussion 2024** 

Post#101 » by Pokuokic » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:51 am

Wiltside wrote:;si=XGCK0X9ymoOOrb3y

I brought him up a month ago, and he’s still the guy I’d take with our first pick. He’s a Heat player and a Heat type story. You know Spo would be gushing about this guys come up.

I was right about Desmond Bane. I’m feeling like I might be right about Knecht too.

If he plays the PF you can call him Knecht 4
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 425

Post#102 » by dubasilva » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:10 pm

I brought him up a month ago, and he’s still the guy I’d take with our first pick. He’s a Heat player and a Heat type story. You know Spo would be gushing about this guys come up.

I was right about Desmond Bane. I’m feeling like I might be right about Knecht too.

I don't understand why. I'm sorry, but I just don't know the player. He looks like a Duncan Robinson shooter. Can he play PG? Can he play defense?
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,606

Post#103 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:44 pm

Find me a 6'-9 or bigger player with a big wingspan, good vertical leap, good athletism, doesn't need a working jumper but a decent enough 3pt percentage where you can work on it. Get that PF/C Hybrid here next to Bam, even if the guy is another project, doubtful you find an instant 4 year player that has those qualities as big man with high measurables don't stick around in college programs more than 1 year. Little chance to find that product ie JJJ like guy in PF form.

For me: this draft PF/C crop is absolute garbage outside of the top 10
Kel'el Ware - should be available at our range
Yves Missi - should be available at our range
Kyle Filipowski - IF he drops
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Post#104 » by Pokuokic » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:13 pm

dubasilva wrote:

I don't understand why. I'm sorry, but I just don't know the player. He looks like a Duncan Robinson shooter. Can he play PG? Can he play defense?

The guy athletically is on another universe to Duncan he's built like a tank and he can run and jump I compared him athletically to Braun from Denver but with much better offense/worse defense. Not saying the Heat should draft him but him and Duncan are nothing alike aside from both shooting 3's.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,865

Post#105 » by AirP. » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,999

Post#106 » by DayofMourning » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:33 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:Find me a 6'-9 or bigger player with a big wingspan, good vertical leap, good athletism, doesn't need a working jumper but a decent enough 3pt percentage where you can work on it. Get that PF/C Hybrid here next to Bam, even if the guy is another project, doubtful you find an instant 4 year player that has those qualities as big man with high measurables don't stick around in college programs more than 1 year. Little chance to find that product ie JJJ like guy in PF form.

If Ware has a good enough defensive IQ for Spo, then he stands out. Hard to measure how much hardware is in the headspace outside of private workouts though.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,606

Post#107 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:31 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:Find me a 6'-9 or bigger player with a big wingspan, good vertical leap, good athletism, doesn't need a working jumper but a decent enough 3pt percentage where you can work on it. Get that PF/C Hybrid here next to Bam, even if the guy is another project, doubtful you find an instant 4 year player that has those qualities as big man with high measurables don't stick around in college programs more than 1 year. Little chance to find that product ie JJJ like guy in PF form.

If Ware has a good enough defensive IQ for Spo, then he stands out. Hard to measure how much hardware is in the headspace outside of private workouts though.

Yeah Ware has the body frame similar to AD, he is super mobile, great timing on blocks, quick reflexes, decent scoring around rim, tough rebounder, and hustler for 50/50 balls, athletic as hell, a legit 7ft. It's an automatic dunk around the basket.

SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,173

Post#108 » by SA37 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:44 pm

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jokic 2.0...or Laimbeer 2.0 :lol:

And yes, the nickname is epic.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#109 » by DayofMourning » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:12 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Yeah Ware has the body frame similar to AD, he is super mobile, great timing on blocks, quick reflexes, decent scoring around rim, tough rebounder, and hustler for 50/50 balls, athletic as hell, a legit 7ft. It's an automatic dunk around the basket.

Id love an actual tough nosed big with range to play next to Bam. Maybe Ware is that guy. We def need that skillset.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,447

Post#110 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:31 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Id love an actual tough nosed big with range to play next to Bam. Maybe Ware is that guy. We def need that skillset.

We'll never play a non shooter next to Bam.

Since Bam is playing 40 minutes when it counts, whoever we target better be able to shot or he's not getting into the game.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#111 » by DayofMourning » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:41 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:We'll never play a non shooter next to Bam.

Since Bam is playing 40 minutes when it counts, whoever we target better be able to shot or he's not getting into the game.

Ware has really bumped up his percentages this year.

When I look at a guy who has shooting potential like Ware, I believe in our coaches to turn him into a more efficient player.

Wouldnt mind Bam throwing lobs to a big man for once either.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,447

Post#112 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Mar 3, 2024 4:15 pm

A 20YO with size, athleticism, and ready now 3 point shooter. That's the mold.

Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#113 » by DayofMourning » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:47 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:A 20YO with size, athleticism, and ready now 3 point shooter. That's the mold.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39686340/projected-1st-round-pick-bobi-klintman-plans-enter-nba-draft
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,736

Post#114 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:30 pm

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,034

Post#115 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:46 pm

Don’t really care for draft discussion until like the couple days leading up to the draft but my guess is one or both of Herro and Duncan are gone this summer (hopefully for a star) and we will target Dalton Knecht in the draft as a cheap long term replacement. Idk if he’s been mentioned or not
#FreeBam
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#116 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:56 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Don’t really care for draft discussion until like the couple days leading up to the draft but my guess is one or both of Herro and Duncan are gone this summer (hopefully for a star) and we will target Dalton Knecht in the draft as a cheap long term replacement. Idk if he’s been mentioned or not

Has similar size to Jaime Jaquez and would make him a bit of a repetitive player. Only has a 6’6 wingspan so i’m fully expecting him to struggle defensively at the next level.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#117 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:03 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Ware has a history of laziness and taking plays off. Don’t think he’s going to endear himself to the Heat.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#118 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:06 pm

This doesn't seem like a great draft once you get past the lottery. I could see us trading the pick on draft day.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#119 » by DayofMourning » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:39 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:This doesn't seem like a great draft once you get past the lottery. I could see us trading the pick on draft day.

I dont think its a greatbdraft in the lotto tbh. Id take Sarr and Reed and realize Im getting a high level role player at best. The rest are all pretty scary.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#120 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:23 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:This doesn't seem like a great draft once you get past the lottery. I could see us trading the pick on draft day.

I dont think its a greatbdraft in the lotto tbh. Id take Sarr and Reed and realize Im getting a high level role player at best. The rest are all pretty scary.

Yeah i was being a bit too kind when it comes to this draft. Definitely think it’s a draft we should try to trade out of and get a future one opening up flexibility again.

Return to Miami Heat