ImageImageImage

Heat @ Knicks. November 24th. 730 PM EST.

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,924

Re: Heat @ Knicks. November 24th. 730 PM EST. 

Post#321 » by HeatingUp3 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:43 am

What an annoying loss. I miss my Herro
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 423

Post#322 » by NightWatch » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:06 am

We badly needed Duncan in this game. lol I can’t believe I just said that. What’s the obsession with Butler shooting 3 when the game is on the line? Butler is not a great 3-pointer, why go to him for a 3? I seemingly couldn’t register that in my mind. Why not go for a quick two and go from there. Is there reason why Bam is not doing a lot of low post moves in this game rather than doing a lot of fadeaway shots especially when he was not double-teamed?

Heat missed a lot of opened three in this game which allows Knicks to caught up. This game was winnable
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,167

Post#323 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:34 pm

NightWatch wrote:We badly needed Duncan in this game. lol I can’t believe I just said that. What’s the obsession with Butler shooting 3 when the game is on the line? Butler is not a great 3-pointer, why go to him for a 3? I seemingly couldn’t register that in my mind. Why not go for a quick two and go from there. Is there reason why Bam is not doing a lot of low post moves in this game rather than doing a lot of fadeaway shots especially when he was not double-teamed?

Heat missed a lot of opened three in this game which allows Knicks to caught up. This game was winnable
i sweat buckets each time the heat goes on a double digit lead

VaDe255
Pro Prospect
And1: 675

Post#324 » by VaDe255 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:53 pm

NightWatch wrote:We badly needed Duncan in this game. lol I can’t believe I just said that. What’s the obsession with Butler shooting 3 when the game is on the line? Butler is not a great 3-pointer, why go to him for a 3? I seemingly couldn’t register that in my mind. Why not go for a quick two and go from there. Is there reason why Bam is not doing a lot of low post moves in this game rather than doing a lot of fadeaway shots especially when he was not double-teamed?

I don't mind that 3, their chance to win wasn't great at that point. Even if you tied the game there with a 2, you still have to win the OT. Lets say you make that 2 at 50% and there is another 50% chance to win OT, you're basically at 25% chance to win the game. I think it's probably worse than that.

That Butler 3 was difficult but a clean look, I think he makes that at least 25% of the time and another thing to consider is that they have a back2back game the next day, so fatigue certainly a factor as well.

It's a fine gamble, in the playoffs you probably are looking for a higher percentage shot, but in a November game this is fine.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,468

Post#325 » by Beenie » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:08 pm

Bam missed his last 6 shots.

Guards were particularly ineffective down the stretch.

Spo’s got some workshopping to do.
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,895

Post#326 » by Tony15 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:01 pm

HEAT were in good holiday spirits it seems....gifting the Knicks a game. Hopefully this ends any lingering talk of this team being better without Tyler. Not having Duncan (the way he's been playing lately) hurt too.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,161

Post#327 » by Fat Kat » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:11 pm

Lilseb93 wrote:Watching the Heat smoke the Knicks in the same day as the Dolphins smoking the Jets is glorious.

Good game.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,844

Post#328 » by marson » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:56 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Lilseb93 wrote:Watching the Heat smoke the Knicks in the same day as the Dolphins smoking the Jets is glorious.

Good game.

Enjoy the regular season win :D
HeatFan_NC
Sophomore
And1: 301

Post#329 » by HeatFan_NC » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:08 pm

Beenie wrote:Bam missed his last 6 shots.

Guards were particularly ineffective down the stretch.

Spo’s got some workshopping to do.

Bam shouldn't have missed that wide open dunk at the end. He tried to make the ESPN highlights with that one.

We need someone that can handle the ball to run the offense and close out the games. We were destroying the Knicks when we were not turning the ball over.
HeatFan_NC
Sophomore
And1: 301

Post#330 » by HeatFan_NC » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:12 pm

The game was won. Too many turnovers and poor decision making down the stretch. JJJ played well, but I think we would have fared better had Caleb been in the game. Brunson took advantage of the rookie on consecutive plays
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,309

Post#331 » by SerialChiller » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:15 pm

Fat Kat wrote:

Good game.

hahaha I knew at least one fool wouldn't be able to restrain themselves and come in here with a comment. Good series last year by the way though. We all know when it matters Knicks ain't beating the Heat lol.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,096

Post#332 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:19 pm

You guys need to be careful about the **** talk with Knicks fans, they've got all those championships in the last 20 years, its not like they've been the laughing stock of the NBA for 2 straight decades or anything. Show some respect.

Side note, my favorite past time, lurking the Knicks board and seeing all the hate directed at Julius Randle. Not as fun as the Curry/Randolph/Marbury days, but close enough.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,981

Post#333 » by KingDavid » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:57 pm

Ahhhh Bam was questionable going into this game because of his hip and I think that's why he didn't look like himself. Had the stats, but not his usual impact. All the fadeaways and relatively minimal attacks to the basket. He's gotta heal up along with Herro & Duncan.

Not blaming him for the loss, everyone sucked that 4th quarter and the Knicks capitalized.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.

Return to Miami Heat