ImageImageImage

MIA V. CHII; 12/16/2023, 8PM THIS FADE IS PERSONAL

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,867

Re: MIA V. CHII; 12/16/2023, 8PM THIS FADE IS PERSONAL 

Post#81 » by Tony15 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:31 am

Kobewade11 wrote:How many more times do we have to play these annoying little fucs
This here's the last of them...

Jimmy was overdue for one of these, hopefully there will be more to come should the need arise.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,963

Post#82 » by dshearn » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:35 am

Going to be interesting to see how they use Love/Duncan when the team is back to 100%. They have already started to pull Duncan and use love as the floor spacer.

Going to be even more interesting to see what they do with Herro/JJJ as the B team spark plug...

I wonder if the continue to give Herro time to iso, or if they tell him "remember the leeway we gave you as 6th man?...now that is JJJ"

I wonder what the over/under is on the amount of times we say Thank Goodness for JJJ the rest of the season....
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,082

Post#83 » by Bourne85 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:43 am

Thankfully Jimmy finally made a game winning buzzer beater, I had no faith I won’t lie lol. I was like “not another hero ball moment”. Good W, hopefully we can build on this
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,972

Post#84 » by Wiltside » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:02 am

Can’t believe how consistent Jaime is. Bro doesn’t look fazed at all out there. Even when he starts slow, he somehow rounds out into a mid high teens on good efficiency. Love this kid.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
dshearn
Sixth Man

Post#85 » by dshearn » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:27 am

Wiltside wrote:Can’t believe how consistent Jaime is. Bro doesn’t look fazed at all out there. Even when he starts slow, he somehow rounds out into a mid high teens on good efficiency. Love this kid.

It certainly appears he is adapting well, it was very noticeable he was getting gassed early in the season...he sure seems to be pacing himself better, and not just functional late in games...but actually producing much needed plays.

On top of that he plays though contact really well and I can't recall him even taking a mild ding in a game. Dude appears to be an ironman. Dude appears to be no nonsense. It seems at least some players are quite demonstrative when they get hurt, or dinged up. They make a show of it, we get the whole look how tough I am routine out of them. I am hurt, look at me...but I am gonna stay on the field or stay on the court...cause I am tough!...

Not JJJ....dude is oldschool. If the dude is in pain...I don't get the sense he is one to tell us about it...or show it. That speaks volumes to my generation. That is a man's man kind of thing to us.

On top of that, we don't get a lot of complaining out of him when they call him for a foul, or even if he does not get a foul call. Dude is business and back down the court.

Looks like we got an A+ blue collar personality, tied to a very legit NBA player.
Voltron914
Sophomore
And1: 204

Post#86 » by Voltron914 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:34 pm

dshearn wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Can’t believe how consistent Jaime is. Bro doesn’t look fazed at all out there. Even when he starts slow, he somehow rounds out into a mid high teens on good efficiency. Love this kid.

It certainly appears he is adapting well, it was very noticeable he was getting gassed early in the season...he sure seems to be pacing himself better, and not just functional late in games...but actually producing much needed plays.

On top of that he plays though contact really well and I can't recall him even taking a mild ding in a game. Dude appears to be an ironman. Dude appears to be no nonsense. It seems at least some players are quite demonstrative when they get hurt, or dinged up. They make a show of it, we get the whole look how tough I am routine out of them. I am hurt, look at me...but I am gonna stay on the field or stay on the court...cause I am tough!...

Not JJJ....dude is oldschool. If the dude is in pain...I don't get the sense he is one to tell us about it...or show it. That speaks volumes to my generation. That is a man's man kind of thing to us.

On top of that, we don't get a lot of complaining out of him when they call him for a foul, or even if he does not get a foul call. Dude is business and back down the court.

Looks like we got an A+ blue collar personality, tied to a very legit NBA player.

agree with everything u say 100%. The kid is an important plug in role player already with allstar/superstar potential. like a Middleton,Ginobli type of a player who is sneaky athletic like a poster on here said before. i feel he is going to solidify his spot during the playoffs the way Wade did in his rookie season against the Hornets
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,788

Post#87 » by al bondiga » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:42 pm

Voltron914 wrote:
dshearn wrote:

agree with everything u say 100%. The kid is an important plug in role player already with allstar/superstar potential. like a Middleton,Ginobli type of a player who is sneaky athletic like a poster on here said before. i feel he is going to solidify his spot during the playoffs the way Wade did in his rookie season against the Hornets

Guys, in today's day and age You have to be Incredible In some facet of the game, almost from the get go, In order to be a superstar, not very good.... jjj is very good ... Maybe the most solid player his draft class One day...

wemby Was the one we thought could be Incredible but the media and San Antonio have obviously screwed up in that one :nod:
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,441

Post#88 » by MartyConlonJr » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:31 pm

al bondiga wrote:Guys, in today's day and age You have to be Incredible In some facet of the game, almost from the get go, In order to be a superstar, not very good.... jjj is very good ... Maybe the most solid player his draft class One day...

For giggles, off the back of this, I went to see what Wade was putting up in his first 25 games for us. He was a 22 year old rookie (like Jaime is) and was actually a little older (Jaime is Feb, Wade was Jan).

Wade: 16.6 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 4.3 apg, 1.4 spg, 0.7 bpg, 3.0 topg, 0.448 fg, 0.333 3pt, 0.755 ft (4.1 fta) in 36.4 mpg.

Jaquez: 17.2 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.6 apg, 1.3 spg, 0.3 bpg, 2.1 topg, 0.517 fg, 0.392 3pt, .857 ft (2.5 fta) - extrapolating out his 28 mpg to 36.4 mpg.

I do think that besides Wade's jaw dropping athleticism, getting to the line at a high rate was the immediate superstar sign. But JJJ has something that is great out of the gate, I'm not sure where you would rank him in the league in terms of counters and footwork etc, but I would think it is very high up the list and an absolute anomaly for someone his age.

Not saying he can get there but just saying his production levels are similar to early doors of our last superstar player and that he does have a special trait.
al bondiga
Starter

Post#89 » by al bondiga » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:52 pm

Expectations is the main thing that I has screwed up wembayamba... Let's not do that for jjj
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,059

Post#90 » by DayofMourning » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:50 pm

al bondiga wrote:Expectations is the main thing that I has screwed up wembayamba... Let's not do that for jjj

How has Wemby screwed up bondiga?

Hes 40% of what he will be once he adds more strength and learns the nuances of how to use his skillset best. Hes 19. Give him two more years after this one, then judge.
dshearn
Sixth Man

Post#91 » by dshearn » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:26 pm

al bondiga wrote:Expectations is the main thing that I has screwed up wembayamba... Let's not do that for jjj

I don't watch much non-miami stuff...I don't know what Wemby is doing or not doing...I was under the impression he was he was blocking shots like a mad-man and looking good other then take a ton of bad shots.

Either-way I dont really care to be honest...

I am right there with you 100% with JJJ

Let's let the dude breathe and develop his game free of unrealistic expectations.
HeatFan_NC
Sophomore
And1: 263

Post#92 » by HeatFan_NC » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:16 am

I said about 6 weeks ago that we need to create a JJJ Rookie of the Year thread. The kid is special and has "it"
al bondiga
Starter

Post#93 » by al bondiga » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:57 pm

DayofMourning wrote:

How has Wemby screwed up bondiga?

Hes 40% of what he will be once he adds more strength and learns the nuances of how to use his skillset best. Hes 19. Give him two more years after this one, then judge.
wemby Hasn't screwed up... They have screwed up wemby!!

By they I mean the proverbial they ...sometimes even us through the media :o :D

It's too early to tell, but I thinkwill we'll be almost sure that will only turn out to be Like a gobert If he gets lucky...but he was scheduled to be like lebron

Return to Miami Heat