ImageImageImage

Heat vs Thunder 1/10/24 @ 730 PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,810

Re: Heat vs Thunder 1/10/24 @ 730 PM EST 

Post#261 » by Bishop45 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:58 am

dshearn wrote:

My brother in christ, I'm nominating you to be the GT maker for the game on the 13th! Need some new blood, if you would so choose to accept!
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 427

Post#262 » by NightWatch » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:47 am

Defense was bad. Herro was awful. 21 shots just to have 17 points? Okc was playing tights defense on herro. Playoff time, where will he be when defense gets tougher? Herro needs to figure something out.
Shootit
Junior
And1: 633

Post#263 » by Shootit » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:00 pm

Tough loss, but love to see JJJ do well in the bright lights.
Definitely need Jimmy back but glad to see there's no longer a huge hole when he's out
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,973

Post#264 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:29 pm

NightWatch wrote:Defense was bad. Herro was awful. 21 shots just to have 17 points? Okc was playing tights defense on herro. Playoff time, where will he be when defense gets tougher? Herro needs to figure something out.

Were missing Jimmy you need to have another half court scorer who can get easy baskets and collapse the paint for the other guys. If nobody is hitting shots and Tyler is the only going at the other team, its really easy to stop him. Miami Heat has made a mockery of one man army teams when they just need to shut one guy down who is the only one getting buckets, its works against every team.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,310

Post#265 » by Wiltside » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:46 pm

Somebody keen to do today’s GT? DoM and I have basically had a monopoly over the last few weeks.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,810

Post#266 » by Bishop45 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:47 pm

Wiltside wrote:Somebody keen to do today’s GT? DoM and I have basically had a monopoly over the last few weeks.

Gonna have to sit it out until someone steps up-- we can't support this GT dereliction by our peers
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,417

Post#267 » by MHeat0279 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:08 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Bams around a top 15 player in the league who has improved every single season in the league, you all were talking about the dude like he was Nerlens Noel so I rightfully killed all that ignorant talk. You all didn’t understand the skillset you were seeing and the progression players make as they age and get more experience I guess

Problem is you made and still make him look like a stuperstar which he is not, point is you can not go by stats only, players need to evaluated not only by stats, a lot of them are empty ones.

I was making him look like an all star, which he is and was. I mean looking back on the “debates” now I was clearly right lol it wasn’t even close.

Right, I hooped my entire life coming up so I understand the game and talent I see outside of statistics. I’m not sure what you’re getting at with that comment, if you were directing it towards me or ICC idk.

So because you hooped your entire life coming up it now means you can predict the future, maybe we can talk to Pat and he can get you a scouting job for the heat, who knows maybe we can keep on finding scrubs and make them look better than they actually are. By the way no, Bam is not a superstar :lol: :lol: :lol:
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#268 » by MHeat0279 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:16 pm

greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
I’m saying it’s not close because it isn’t close. It takes maybe a few minutes of watching Mitchell to see how far superior of a talent he is compared to Herro. Watch a little basketball outside of the Heat; it will do you some good.

Heat wanted to pair the 2, Pat Riley always tries to finesse but he wasn’t pulling that on Danny Ainge. I stand by my statement if the Cavs called right now and offered Mitchell for Herro straight up the Heat are taking it without hesitation. Herro would also slightly fall off as a player and Mitchell would get better due to the Spo effect further widening the gap between the 2 players.

It’s not close, it’s time you all take the homer goggles off for this dude. He just isn’t it regardless of what elite players you all try to compare him to at a certain age or however good he was that one game of the ECF his rookie season. That’s not him. Mitchell is that guy, Mitchell is the big game performer that can carry the load if needed.

Hey man, not to ruffle your feathers because i actually agree with you on this take about Donovan being a better player than Herro, but specifically you talking about STATS not being the only measurement you need to look at? I have told you a million times when talking about Bam and you coming up with so many meaningless stats ( for the record I am pretty happy with Bam's performance this year ) still dont think he is a superstar. Carry on with Icecold.

But Bam is the ultimate "beyond the stats" player.

I don't think you're making the point you think you're making.

So now he is the ultimate Beyond the stats player, you and bammy just love to twist everything to fit your bam superstar narrative. I clearly remember you both bringing buttloads of stats to justify his mediocre game, now all of a sudden he is the ultimate beyond the stats player. This would be bothersome if i was not taking my morning pill, now its just comical.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,013

Post#269 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:20 am

MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
Problem is you made and still make him look like a stuperstar which he is not, point is you can not go by stats only, players need to evaluated not only by stats, a lot of them are empty ones.

I was making him look like an all star, which he is and was. I mean looking back on the “debates” now I was clearly right lol it wasn’t even close.

Right, I hooped my entire life coming up so I understand the game and talent I see outside of statistics. I’m not sure what you’re getting at with that comment, if you were directing it towards me or ICC idk.

So because you hooped your entire life coming up it now means you can predict the future, maybe we can talk to Pat and he can get you a scouting job for the heat, who knows maybe we can keep on finding scrubs and make them look better than they actually are. By the way no, Bam is not a superstar :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wtf are you going in about, you don’t even make sense :lol:
#FreeBam
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#270 » by MHeat0279 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:29 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Wtf are you going in about, you don’t even make sense :lol:

And i was sitting here thinking i did make sense, i will have to work on my English then.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,981

Post#271 » by greg4012 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:50 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
Hey man, not to ruffle your feathers because i actually agree with you on this take about Donovan being a better player than Herro, but specifically you talking about STATS not being the only measurement you need to look at? I have told you a million times when talking about Bam and you coming up with so many meaningless stats ( for the record I am pretty happy with Bam's performance this year ) still dont think he is a superstar. Carry on with Icecold.

So now he is the ultimate Beyond the stats player, you and bammy just love to twist everything to fit your bam superstar narrative. I clearly remember you both bringing buttloads of stats to justify his mediocre game, now all of a sudden he is the ultimate beyond the stats player. This would be bothersome if i was not taking my morning pill, now its just comical.

Def something comical going on here. I don't think it's what you think it is though.

Yes I support Bam and am thrilled he's a foundational piece of the Miami Heat organization that I have been ardently supporting for the past 30+ years. I've seen his value and bought stock early which is continuing to prove fruitful. You got me?

LOL at the idea of Bam having a "mediocre game". You're showing your a** here. Fraud fan.
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#272 » by MHeat0279 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:17 pm

greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

Def something comical going on here. I don't think it's what you think it is though.

Yes I support Bam and am thrilled he's a foundational piece of the Miami Heat organization that I have been ardently supporting for the past 30+ years. I've seen his value and bought stock early which is continuing to prove fruitful. You got me?

LOL at the idea of Bam having a "mediocre game". You're showing your a** here. Fraud fan.

Whatever your definition of a fake fan is I could give a rat's a ss. So you bought stock early uhh? You have waited a very long time to see minimal return i can see, wouldnt rate it as a good financial decision. You are right on one thing, this is all comical and amusing.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#273 » by greg4012 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:02 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

Whatever your definition of a fake fan is I could give a rat's a ss. So you bought stock early uhh? You have waited a very long time to see minimal return i can see, wouldnt rate it as a good financial decision. You are right on one thing, this is all comical and amusing.

What financial decision? This is the response you settle for when you have nothing of substance to say huh? :clown:

Tipo esta tostado
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#274 » by MHeat0279 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:40 pm

greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

What financial decision? This is the response you settle for when you have nothing of substance to say huh? :clown:

You keep on babbling about buying early stock on Bam, like he came out of the gates his rookie year blazing, when in fact he took a long time to start developing, albeit he is playing better and better for which i am happy as my main focus is for the Heat to win it all. But to praise Bam like he was the next coming of Wade is just foolish.

By the way i will move along, talking to a blind homer is like asking a rock to smile. It just gets dull and boring.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#275 » by greg4012 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:09 am

MHeat0279 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

You keep on babbling about buying early stock on Bam, like he came out of the gates his rookie year blazing, when in fact he took a long time to start developing, albeit he is playing better and better for which i am happy as my main focus is for the Heat to win it all. But to praise Bam like he was the next coming of Wade is just foolish.

By the way i will move along, talking to a blind homer is like asking a rock to smile. It just gets dull and boring.

I've never talked to rocks, so I can't relate.

Your hate boner for Bam is strange, your understanding of basketball is lacking, your general demeanor and form of communicating is sad. Have a great week!
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#276 » by MHeat0279 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:24 am

greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

Your hate boner for Bam is strange, your understanding of basketball is lacking, your general demeanor and form of communicating is sad. Have a great week!

Blah blah blah more of the same, like i said dull and boring, nothing interesting or of substance coming from a blind homer. Its like having cataracts blocking information reaching your brain.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#277 » by greg4012 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:15 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

Blah blah blah more of the same, like i said dull and boring, nothing interesting or of substance coming from a blind homer. Its like having cataracts blocking information reaching your brain.

Once again--can't relate. Hope you get it sorted tho.

I thought you were moving along, tho?
MHeat0279
Analyst

Post#278 » by MHeat0279 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:23 pm

greg4012 wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

Once again--can't relate. Hope you get it sorted tho.

I thought you were moving along, tho?

:nod:

Return to Miami Heat