ImageImageImage

Heat VS Hornets AKA The Rozier Revenge Game. Sun, Jan 14 6:00 PM ET

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,300

Re: Heat VS Hornets AKA The Rozier Revenge Game. Sun, Jan 14 6:00 PM ET 

Post#141 » by SerialChiller » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:32 am

Nice win Bam was 3 Ast shy of the triple double! It's nice to actually hang onto a lead an not have a tense finish. A fitting W for this Wade occasion fun night!
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,435

Post#142 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:34 am

SerialChiller wrote:
Blue Cephalopod wrote:Good win I guess :lol: but, I really wanted to see Jaime go for 30.

Yeah that sucks, hopefully its a real minor groin strain cuz that could put him out a few weeks. He leads all rookies in minutes I think I saw so far, guess he'll get at least a few games off now. Dude was on pace for a huge night!

He honestly deserves the rest that’s upcoming. Hopefully out just a week or two. Butler coming back just in time. Wing is one position we can survive at especially with Martin also back
SerialChiller
Head Coach

Post#143 » by SerialChiller » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:41 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:
Blue Cephalopod wrote:Good win I guess :lol: but, I really wanted to see Jaime go for 30.

Yeah that sucks, hopefully its a real minor groin strain cuz that could put him out a few weeks. He leads all rookies in minutes I think I saw so far, guess he'll get at least a few games off now. Dude was on pace for a huge night!

He honestly deserves the rest that’s upcoming. Hopefully out just a week or two. Butler coming back just in time. Wing is one position we can survive at especially with Martin also back

No doubt we certainly have wing depth so JJJ can take as long as he needs. Time for Jimmy and Caleb to get it going. He's just so fun to watch so sucks as a fan knowing he gonna be out. He's probably already played more games than in any college season, I don't follow NCAA so not sure how many they play but he's now played 38 NBA games at over 30 min per game. He's held up well so far.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,272

Post#144 » by Wiltside » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:13 am

Wonder if the groin strain impacts Jaime's availability for the dunk contest?
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
MartianTimeSlip
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,942

Post#145 » by MartianTimeSlip » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:15 am

Read on Twitter
SerialChiller
Head Coach

Post#146 » by SerialChiller » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:25 am

Blue Cephalopod wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's good news, sounds pretty minor and mostly just something they are gonna be careful with so it doesn't turn into a bad one.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#147 » by Wiltside » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:37 am

Blue Cephalopod wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's a relief. I guess they felt they had this one in hand and could just give him some time to recover. He has carried a much larger workload than anyone could have foreseen this year.

Just a shame that he was on fire and didn't get to finish it out. He'd have hit 25+ with a full game out there tonight.
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,595

Post#148 » by fishfuego. » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:06 am

AirP. wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:LFG!!!!!! Wade finally gets his statue!!!!!

My favorite player.
I still remember draft day in 2003 and the Heat needing a true slasher/ scorer and finally they picked one. It was Lebron, Carmelo the Euro guy and Bosh I think.

Chicago came dangerously close to trading with Toronto to take Wade at #4, they didn't because they didn't want to give up, and don't laugh Donyell Marshall at age 29 to move up from 7 to 4 only. Then they traded him anyways to Toronto a few months later.

No I didn’t know this.
Wow sorry but I have to laugh :lol:
Yes imagine Chicago and Wade…. Thanks to the basketball gods that had enough of Chicago and Jordan :D
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,606

Post#149 » by DayofMourning » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:09 am

Jovic seems to be a really good screen setter. I was watching some replays and hes getting shooters open consistently.
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,044

Post#150 » by DBurks2818 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:24 am

Jaquez, who has played in every game of his rookie season, will not travel for the Heat’s two-game road trip that starts Monday at Brooklyn. He sustained a similar injury before the season started, but he doesn't think this one is as serious.

“It slowly started to get worse in the duration of the game,” Jaquez said. “I don’t think it’s as severe but a lot of prevention we’re looking at right now.”

https://www.espn.com/nba/game/_/gameId/401585179

Need to go 1-1 without Jaime. Crazy that I’m less confident with him out than with (regular season) Jimmy out.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,435

Post#151 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:29 am

DayofMourning wrote:Jovic seems to be a really good screen setter. I was watching some replays and hes getting shooters open consistently.

Tucker was such a monster at that. If Jovic can perfect that it unlocks a lot of things. Martin and Highsmith lack the size and weight to be crushing screen setters.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,606

Post#152 » by DayofMourning » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:36 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Jovic seems to be a really good screen setter. I was watching some replays and hes getting shooters open consistently.

Tucker was such a monster at that. If Jovic can perfect that it unlocks a lot of things. Martin and Highsmith lack the size and weight to be crushing screen setters.

Hes a fraction of a second quicker on certain things, such as his passes and his screens. He is really focused and precise on his passes and the quickness and angles he takes when setting screens is pretty cool.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 924

Post#153 » by Pokuokic » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:13 am

Hornets need to blow it up ASAP team has zero heart wtf happened to PJ Washington was he not like a decent PF not long ago?
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#154 » by Wiltside » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:32 am

Just realized the player Jovic reminds me of.

Nicolas Batum.

I think he could have a similar career if we persist with giving him opportunities. His defense has already improved considerably just by getting reps with the big boys. Needs to keep working with Fodor on the jump shot, and have more confidence to take it to the rack and finish.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,965

Post#155 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:09 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:

Hes a fraction of a second quicker on certain things, such as his passes and his screens. He is really focused and precise on his passes and the quickness and angles he takes when setting screens is pretty cool.

In Jovic's case the +/- do not lie. He raises the teams efficiency where it offsets the defense, so as he continues to mature and get better at defense that will get wider by an even greater margin. You can see he has the talent to block shots, he is deceptively long and agile for a 6'-10 guy whose closer to 6'-11 by this season's end I would think, looks to keep getting taller. You could tell from his body taking a bit to get used to filling out earlier in the season he wasn't used the weight and the length he gained.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,965

Post#156 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:13 pm

Wiltside wrote:Just realized the player Jovic reminds me of.

Nicolas Batum.

I think he could have a similar career if we persist with giving him opportunities. His defense has already improved considerably just by getting reps with the big boys. Needs to keep working with Fodor on the jump shot, and have more confidence to take it to the rack and finish.

For me a closer comp for him is actually Hedo Turkoglu from the Orlando days, dude was a 1 man fast break, could hit the breakaway three pointer, great passing instincts, passed into players pockets really well, great handle for his size, was a point forward most of his career, powered his way to the basket on drives and had that same one handed flick finger roll that Jovic does.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,597

Post#157 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:02 pm

OP delivered the rare blowout Win.

Good Job OP.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,979

Post#158 » by KingDavid » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:10 pm

Blue Cephalopod wrote:
Read on Twitter

That explains what I've been seeing from him athletically. He's way more athletic than he's shown. I had no clue he had a groin injury early on that's still lingering. Boy next season he's gonna be a monster.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.

Return to Miami Heat