ImageImageImage

Heat vs Atlanta AKA Trae Young "Its over!" Revunge game, 1/19 @ 8 PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,561

Re: Heat vs Atlanta AKA Trae Young "Its over!" Revunge game, 1/19 @ 8 PM EST 

Post#281 » by Bishop45 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:41 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:JJJ is awesome, yall gotta chill on the savior **** though. This team has far deeper issues than a rookie being out

He could be a difference maker in these should-win games, not elevating us to contender because we not there
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,790

Post#282 » by al bondiga » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:57 am

dshearn wrote:
al bondiga wrote:
dshearn wrote:I for one do not like the new dribble hand off angle we have seen in the last 3 or so games. They have really straightened out that line to a high stop point. Guys have hit 3s from there but it is not forcing the defense to move as much.

I am sure they are trying to force teams to at least think about how they defend that (over vs under/switch) but I don't think it is leaving our motion man in the best position to actually do anything. Plus when it is a keeper the traffic is dead in front of Bam, when it is a hand off the motion has stopped and has to be restarted.
I get you, The dribble hand off It's not a good motion. History tells us that only lazy teams use it a lot... But we have to face it...it Is one of our best assets... And the positive thing is that good teams tend to do it early in the season, Like You say we are

we use to pull it across the top, create a lot of space inside as it was chased and had a strong two man game getting the ball back to bam....last few games we are taking the motion back behind the screener and stopping. No one is clearing behind Bam to give him a clean exit towards the basket.

They need to change it back to how we have ran it the last 3 or so years.
I think they might do that in the playoffs...
They don't want to do it now...if bam Has the choice to turn and dribble freely, they will put A faster wing or a little guy to guard him hence... Revealing one Of our strategies too early In the season and everybody can develop a way to stop it
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,807

Post#283 » by Shewasfly » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:15 pm

unowen85 wrote:Quite frankly, I was happy that the Heat went with Herro at the end of the game, and I mean the possession before the Martin brain fart. And even with the length Herro was facing on defense, the shot looked good and was off by like a centimeter. Though I wish Spo had called a timeout to get everything set for a better shot.

The whole team seems off. Morale doesn't look good.

You're right, I don't mind a Herro shot. My only problem is that it should have been done off a set play after a timeout. But if we're going to just keep going, that ball has to be in Jimmy's hands in that situation, with all the momentum back with the other team. He's going to 100% make the better decision than anyone on the team, AND he's going to get more ref love and respect.

But people are also ignoring that Jimmy actually looked off Herro on that play. Herro was looking to give it to Jimmy and Jimmy moved away to let him take it. Sign of respect or some type of protest, idk. But it wasn't the right move.

Imo, this loss was mostly on Spo which is rare so he's allowed. He should have called a timeout on that last full possession play, and then on the last play with 2 seconds left the ball should have never been Caleb's hand to make any decision.
:tiredJB:

Return to Miami Heat