ImageImageImage

SCARY TERRY WELLCOME HOME! Rozier is the new Lillard

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,257

Re: SCARY TERRY WELLCOME HOME! Rozier is the new Lillard 

Post#21 » by luciano-davidwesley » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:32 am

I think Terry will be good for Miami. He can find you a bucket in isolation and his playmaking has improved a lot this year.

No doubt his defense will improve too with a bit of structure and some better defenders around him. We've been a mess on that end of the floor for years.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,171

Post#22 » by AirP. » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:03 am

Read on Twitter
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,326

Post#23 » by TroubleS0me » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:04 am

Rick Ross Rozay
Now Terry Rozay
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,171

Post#24 » by AirP. » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:07 am

fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,595

Post#25 » by fishfuego. » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:31 am

dolphinatik wrote:I called out Rozier as a Heater long before the Rozier to the Heat rumors however let me say this Terry wont fix whats wrong with the Heat right now.

The energy is low, the chemistry is bad across the entire team and it started when Herro and Jimmy came back.
It appears from visual eye test that Jimmy and Tyler have a disconnect and the team is struggling while having to choose sides.
Honestly Lowry was playing fine whenever he "cared" to look to score or push the tempo for his teammates. other than that Kyle and every single Heat player (Except Kevin Love) looks likes they are disinterested in playing hard.

Part of our problem is players are snipped at the heel at individual glory. They are required to stay in their lane. KAT dropped 60 and Embiid dropped 70 this week. There is no reason that Jimmy, Bam, Tyler, Caleb and probably Jaime cant get 40 or 50 yet we havn't seen it. That cap needs to be lifted so we can play with some moxie and chemistry again.

Its going to be interesting to see how Rozier fits in once clipped but our winning is a chemistry problem and not a talent one.

I agree with your post.
I have noticed Herro passing up on an all of a sudden open look near the rim, to kick the ball out trying to perform what looks to be a system set play. Same thing with Bam.
As you’ve mentioned here, there seems to be a cap on how free these players can play, and how they must perform under such restraint to complete the set play. It can be structurally good for the team as a whole, but it could also limit some players offensive performance.
inhabitMiami
Junior
And1: 494

Post#26 » by inhabitMiami » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:51 pm

I really wish people would stop trying to psychoanalyze or make team determinations based off 0 evidence. Some of you are absolutely CONVINCED that you know what is going on in that locker room, when the truth is... you don't.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Post#27 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:28 am

We can't keep him long term. He will give us a scoring boost tho and he doesn't turn the ball over. His defense & his height (6'1), he's a shorty will hurt us.
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,316

Post#28 » by SerialChiller » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:45 am

TroubleS0me wrote:We can't keep him long term. He will give us a scoring boost tho and he doesn't turn the ball over. His defense & his height (6'1), he's a shorty will hurt us.

He's taller than Lowry and has a 6'8 wingspan. I watched him closely on defense today and came away thinking he's not too bad there so far.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,438

Post#29 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:50 am

fishfuego. wrote:
dolphinatik wrote:I called out Rozier as a Heater long before the Rozier to the Heat rumors however let me say this Terry wont fix whats wrong with the Heat right now.

The energy is low, the chemistry is bad across the entire team and it started when Herro and Jimmy came back.
It appears from visual eye test that Jimmy and Tyler have a disconnect and the team is struggling while having to choose sides.
Honestly Lowry was playing fine whenever he "cared" to look to score or push the tempo for his teammates. other than that Kyle and every single Heat player (Except Kevin Love) looks likes they are disinterested in playing hard.

Part of our problem is players are snipped at the heel at individual glory. They are required to stay in their lane. KAT dropped 60 and Embiid dropped 70 this week. There is no reason that Jimmy, Bam, Tyler, Caleb and probably Jaime cant get 40 or 50 yet we havn't seen it. That cap needs to be lifted so we can play with some moxie and chemistry again.

Its going to be interesting to see how Rozier fits in once clipped but our winning is a chemistry problem and not a talent one.

I agree with your post.
I have noticed Herro passing up on an all of a sudden open look near the rim, to kick the ball out trying to perform what looks to be a system set play. Same thing with Bam.
As you’ve mentioned here, there seems to be a cap on how free these players can play, and how they must perform under such restraint to complete the set play. It can be structurally good for the team as a whole, but it could also limit some players offensive performance.

Bam just mentioned this in the presser
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,995

Post#30 » by contract » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:21 am

So did Terry fail his physical or what? When is he going to start playing? We're getting killed out there and need all hands on deck.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,168

Post#31 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:24 am

contract wrote:So did Terry fail his physical or what? When is he going to start playing? We're getting killed out there and need all hands on deck.
doesnt look good so far. maybe spo hasnt drawn plays for him or something? but i'm really bummed by his performance so far i surely expected better than lawry now.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,641

Post#32 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:25 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
contract wrote:So did Terry fail his physical or what? When is he going to start playing? We're getting killed out there and need all hands on deck.
doesnt look good so far. maybe spo hasnt drawn plays for him or something? but i'm really bummed by his performance so far i surely expected better than lawry now.

Came to the team at the wrong time. Everyone will look better once we get past this.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,168

Post#33 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:26 am

DayofMourning wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:

Came to the team at the wrong time. Everyone will look better once we get past this.
yeah dont let go of the rope, that's right
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Post#34 » by TroubleS0me » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:14 am

He takes care of the ball, low turnover & good FT shooter but scoring tho not so good
hope he's okay
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,610

Post#35 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:32 am

Being it was non-contact and the way he grabbed his knee like that immediately makes me feel like it was a serious injury unfortunately.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,787

Post#36 » by Bishop45 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:27 pm

OP asked for it with this title-- I hope that he's okay
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine

Return to Miami Heat