ImageImageImage

1/31 @ 7:30pm - Kings @ Heat

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,438

Re: 1/31 @ 7:30pm - Kings @ Heat 

Post#321 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:30 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I’m confused on Roziers role on this team, he had like 5 shot attempts going into the 4th. Playmaking was elite but we’re going to need him to score and need to involve him more there. Hopefully Spo sees that. His speed definitely opens a lot

Jimmy's, Bams and Herro's attempts were good tonight, I think JRich being hot and taking so many shots as he was feeling it was the reason there wasnt enough play calls for him. I doubt we see Super JRich all the time and that's were his touches will come from.

That was Heat basketball though tonight. Strus and Vincent had plenty of those games last year. We found a semblance of identity tonight that didn’t involve the gimmicky DHO offense.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#322 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:31 am

DayofMourning wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:The Haywood Jagsmith experience needs to end. Get this team even a marginal upgrade at the 4.

PJ?

Man don’t know. He’s 38 and just don’t know how much more he has in the tank or else he should be playing with the Clippers
balla345
General Manager
And1: 12,930

Post#323 » by balla345 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:33 am

The only paring that makes sense is the Bam-Jovic and is the one we never use
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#324 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:36 am

balla345 wrote:The only paring that makes sense is the Bam-Jovic and is the one we never use

Spo just doesn’t trust him. On paper it looks perfect.
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,854

Post#325 » by marson » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:39 am

balla345 wrote:The only paring that makes sense is the Bam-Jovic and is the one we never use

Spo gave him many opportunities, but he still lacked experience. He struggles to finish in the paint, commits a lot of fouls, and sometimes leaves gaps in defense. Although I appreciate Jovic, our Serbian player, I believe he needs two more seasons to become a solid player in the league.
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,595

Post#326 » by fishfuego. » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:42 am

This^
Repetition is key.
He has skills that are needed vs taller teams.
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 425

Post#327 » by NightWatch » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:42 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
NightWatch wrote:I don’t mean to spoil the victory. It feels like Heat could’ve lost this game if it was not for Richardson’s tonight performance. Rozier’s shooting wasn’t good but his passing was good, herro played a little smarter tonight as his passing was great tonight, he needs to continue to build on that, butler was very good tonight but I don’t think he’s going to do that every games until playoff time, we would rather have healthy butler than injured butler in playoffs, do we? , bam was good tonight but I just wished he had a softer touch around the rim and lastly, highsmith barely played tonight which I thought was interesting. my grade for the starter tonight was B but for the bench A-. Jovic looked irritated .

You can say that Richardson quote about every game depending on who plays good lol. That’s why we play the game and let it play out

The starter needs to be consistent or more than consistent. Non Consistent staters can cause confusion and hold the team back. One game you scored 20 points with wonderful defenses then next game 4 points with little to no defense then next games you scored 8 points then next games 0 points. Forced the coach to put you as reserve and the starter has to rebuild their connectivity.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,970

Post#328 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:42 am

marson wrote:

Spo gave him many opportunities, but he still lacked experience. He struggles to finish in the paint, commits a lot of fouls, and sometimes leaves gaps in defense. Although I appreciate Jovic, our Serbian player, I believe he needs two more seasons to become a solid player in the league.

Agreed, two years from now he is going to be the perfect front court player with Bam.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#329 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:45 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
marson wrote:

Agreed, two years from now he is going to be the perfect front court player with Bam.

Two years is a long time for a win now team. I think he may be used as a sweetener with Duncan for a wing/PF upgrade.
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,854

Post#330 » by marson » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:45 am

European players, especially big ones, often face challenges early in their careers when they enter the league. Players like Lauri and the Gasol brothers took time to develop. I'm not saying Jovic is as good as them, but it wouldn't be surprising if he becomes a solid European big by his 5th or 6th season. Right now, he just needs to focus on improving and be patient with his progress.
fishfuego.
General Manager

Post#331 » by fishfuego. » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:48 am

marson wrote:

He did good when he was playing, the problem was it was very limited minutes. It was limited minutes in the 1st half and limited minutes in the 2nd. You could see the impact, but Spo is in love with his small ball ( see how I said ball and not balls :wink: ) and lacks trust in Jovic, but he did better than Rozier for example, however, Rozier is an established player, that’s all.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,970

Post#332 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:53 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
marson wrote:

Two years is a long time for a win now team. I think he may be used as a sweetener with Duncan for a wing/PF upgrade.

You need to have developmental players stashed, I get it. I just don't think he makes the type of value difference in getting back this amazing return on a Duncan trade, rather use one of our wings thrown in like Caleb instead. You need to have an ace under your sleeve he could double or triple his value in another year and when a star comes around Niko is worth 2 FRP's as teams usually want a young star in return for big time players.
fishfuego.
General Manager

Post#333 » by fishfuego. » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:54 am

Jovic passes were crisp, and his drives were collapsing the defense. His finishes at the rim were raw, but he looked better than some players getting more playing time.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,002

Post#334 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Feb 1, 2024 4:02 am

Majority of yall were done with Jovic when he was starting lol, he’s not ready
#FreeBam
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,286

Post#335 » by Wiltside » Thu Feb 1, 2024 4:11 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Majority of yall were done with Jovic when he was starting lol, he’s not ready

Maybe not, but I’ll still take him other Highsmith any day. We know what Haywood is. Jovic has abilities that you can’t teach - he just needs reps and confidence.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,096

Post#336 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu Feb 1, 2024 4:29 am

If point Herro becomes a regular thing I'm fine with him starting and any lineups that include him. He looks so much better as a facilitator than a 1 on 1 guy, and he has the skills for it, I don't know why he doesn't do it more often.

In fact, if he can embrace that role, maybe Terry should be the 6th man, and slot Duncan next to Tyler. I know its 1 game massive overreaction, but I liked what I saw.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 924

Post#337 » by Pokuokic » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:07 am

JRich with a potential season saver he's been good the last 2 games, JJJ needs some games off he's cooked physically atm he looks like Dirk moving at the end of his career he's not even close to 100%. I still give Terry a bit more time the Clippers were 0-7 with Harden to start and Harden is a elite player while Terry is starting level. But Terry has been trash so far like Kyle Lowry bad (is it the system?).
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,813

Post#338 » by Hallstar » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:07 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:If point Herro becomes a regular thing I'm fine with him starting and any lineups that include him. He looks so much better as a facilitator than a 1 on 1 guy, and he has the skills for it, I don't know why he doesn't do it more often.

In fact, if he can embrace that role, maybe Terry should be the 6th man, and slot Duncan next to Tyler. I know its 1 game massive overreaction, but I liked what I saw.

People have to make shots. if J Rich was bricking tonight, Herro was gonna increase his shot attempts. I saw intent from the start.

He went back to playing his game instead of the madness of attempting 10plus 3s when we have limited creators for everyone else. The points would never add up.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,286

Post#339 » by Wiltside » Thu Feb 1, 2024 12:13 pm

JRich in a simplified role at the 2/3 is basically like having Caleb Martin. Which might be why Caleb looks so bad at the moment, he’s playing a lot of 1 and looks uncomfortable af.

In those whack Martin, Rich, Jaime lineups, I’d get Jaime on ball more as he has the moves and handle to get his own, and the savvy to make the right read.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,611

Post#340 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Feb 1, 2024 12:52 pm

Wiltside wrote:JRich in a simplified role at the 2/3 is basically like having Caleb Martin. Which might be why Caleb looks so bad at the moment, he’s playing a lot of 1 and looks uncomfortable af.

In those whack Martin, Rich, Jaime lineups, I’d get Jaime on ball more as he has the moves and handle to get his own, and the savvy to make the right read.

1) Rich is fools gold if I ever saw one. Don't trust him at all. His defense has not helped.

2) undefined roles is a big part of our issues, It's not clear to anyone what exactly are they expeded to do night in night out, it's positinless gone wild, becoming randmoness.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs

Return to Miami Heat