ImageImageImage

MIEMI HEATS V. AYTONBLAZERS, 2/27, 10PM!!!!! CONGRATZ BAMMY!!!!!

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,656

Re: MIEMI HEATS V. AYTONBLAZERS, 2/27, 10PM!!!!! CONGRATZ BAMMY!!!!! 

Post#321 » by Daffy » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:15 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
Daffy wrote:Delon Wright vs Josh Richardson decision will be interesting.

Forgot about him. We don't even have him or Herro tonight.

Delon won't see a single minute unless theres an injury. Herro, Rozier, Jrich, Duncan all find minutes at the guard positions.

I hate to believe it but I think you're right. I can see a case being made for both Wright and Richardson though. Richardson defense isn't terrible and is a more willing shooter/scorer which helps our offense at times when it goes dead.

Wright however is the better defender by far but looks timid on offense. Unless he's wide open he's not looking to score at all. I love how disruptive he is defensively.

Honestly looking at the guards in the East we have to go through I think Wright should get the nod. He can basically bring what we wanted from Dipo and Gabe.
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,604

Post#322 » by marson » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:15 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Man Bam was ass tonight, he was due one though he’s been backpacking these last 2 seemed gassed from last night

That's fine and that's the definition of a good team, someone can pick up the slack if one player is struggling.
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 425

Post#323 » by dubasilva » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:46 am

marson wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Man Bam was ass tonight, he was due one though he’s been backpacking these last 2 seemed gassed from last night

That's fine and that's the definition of a good team, someone can pick up the slack if one player is struggling.

When Jimmy and maybe Rozier play, there are fewer shots for Bam. When Jimmy is out, it is Bam's team.
Maybe a look at the Miami Heat's future. :D
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 425

Post#324 » by dubasilva » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:48 am

So, here is an intriguing question: Do we really need Tyler Herro?
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,519

Post#325 » by Bishop45 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:05 am

gom wrote:Image

Well done, OP.

The East is so stacked that everyone under #1 has basically been trading seats based on injury

gotta make this last push!
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,519

Post#326 » by Bishop45 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:55 am

Blue Cephalopod wrote:Where is Jovic? We need size. Rebounding is taking a hit.

About 16 mins for Niko and Delon.

Fully healthy this team will have to hand some DNP's to a few perfectly functional rotational players, but that's the game.
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,656

Post#327 » by benhillboy » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:10 pm

Thank goodness for Jimmy’s awareness in keeping the rest of his tired team afloat in the first half until they got their legs.

If Rozier continues to defend on the ball like he did last night my hate would subside. Spo must’ve had a heart to heart talk with him and told him effort is non negotiable, especially with his athleticism.

I guess I’ll take a 168 to 112 rating from Delon so far. 9 assists to no turnovers, he’s like the slow-cook version of Haliburton.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,736

Post#328 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Daffy wrote:Delon Wright vs Josh Richardson decision will be interesting.

Delon is a real PG and J Rich is not. J Rich will just be depth at this point.
Bmaster
Sophomore
And1: 246

Post#329 » by Bmaster » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:41 pm

dubasilva wrote:So, here is an intriguing question: Do we really need Tyler Herro?

I do not think heat need hero. Drob does exactly what hero does and is a better three point shooter and defender because of his size. But are you trading hero to get what? Starting SG? I think Jovic going to be pf now and already have starting pg sf and center.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Post#330 » by Pokuokic » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:43 pm

If Ayton had any desire or heart he would be a elite C when engaged the dude is a monster. What a waste of talent him going down helped the Heat heaps in this one KLove the MVP getting him out of the game.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,690

Post#331 » by Kobewade11 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:11 pm

dubasilva wrote:So, here is an intriguing question: Do we really need Tyler Herro?

lol
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,801

Post#332 » by greg4012 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:20 pm

Daffy wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
Forgot about him. We don't even have him or Herro tonight.

Delon won't see a single minute unless theres an injury. Herro, Rozier, Jrich, Duncan all find minutes at the guard positions.

I hate to believe it but I think you're right. I can see a case being made for both Wright and Richardson though. Richardson defense isn't terrible and is a more willing shooter/scorer which helps our offense at times when it goes dead.

Wright however is the better defender by far but looks timid on offense. Unless he's wide open he's not looking to score at all. I love how disruptive he is defensively.

Honestly looking at the guards in the East we have to go through I think Wright should get the nod. He can basically bring what we wanted from Dipo and Gabe.

TBH I think Delon being a more impactful defender than J Rich and a more natural ballhandler/decisionmaker with the ball gives the clear nod to Delon. This is especially true when paired with the addition of Rozier, as he's a better scorer, shooter and ballhandler than either of the 2. 48 minutes of PG play mixed between Terry's offense and shooting and Delon's defense and complimentary team play is a great balance. J Rich kind of becomes the insurance policy for either in the rotation.
ZoStrong
Junior
And1: 807

Post#333 » by ZoStrong » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:32 pm

Ofc, we do!! For the first round of the playoffs!
He will get injured and we go on a deep run. He's our sacrificial lamb :lol:
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#334 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:43 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Daffy wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:Delon won't see a single minute unless theres an injury. Herro, Rozier, Jrich, Duncan all find minutes at the guard positions.

TBH I think Delon being a more impactful defender than J Rich and a more natural ballhandler/decisionmaker with the ball gives the clear nod to Delon. This is especially true when paired with the addition of Rozier, as he's a better scorer, shooter and ballhandler than either of the 2. 48 minutes of PG play mixed between Terry's offense and shooting and Delon's defense and complimentary team play is a great balance. J Rich kind of becomes the insurance policy for either in the rotation.

I don't think Delon signed here at a vet minimum to be a straight up no minutes bench player. Things are discussed between back channels before a move is ever even made. I have to imagine the Heat promised him a role and that is of the backup PG position. J Rich was miscast from the moment he signed here as the quasi backup PG cause Spo thinks just because you can handle a bit you can play the position. J Rich will definitely be cast in the role of insurance policy and if guys need a day off he'll get some sporadic minutes here and there.

C Bam Adebayo C/PF Kevin Love
PF/C Niko Jovic PF Jaime Jaquez Jr PF/SF Haywood Highsmith
SF Jimmy Butler SF Caleb Martin
SG Tyler Herro SG Duncan Robinson SG/PG Josh Richardson
PG Terry Rozier PG Delon Wright

This is the 12 we dress

C Thomas Bryant
C Orlando Robinson
PG Dru Smith
(3) Roster end of bench players 15

2 ways

PF/SF Cole Swider
PG/SG Alondes Williams
SF/PF Jamal Cain
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,419

Post#335 » by Infinite Llamas » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:48 pm

Glad to see Rozier back for you guys. Really concerned by his injury against the C’s before the break but he looked good tonight. His shooting was always going to come around at some point. He is far from a perfect player but he will pressure defenses, that’s for sure. One of my favorite Celtics ever!
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,079

Post#336 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:50 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Daffy wrote:

I don't think Delon signed here at a vet minimum to be a straight up no minutes bench player. Things are discussed between back channels before a move is ever even made. I have to imagine the Heat promised him a role and that is of the backup PG position. J Rich was miscast from the moment he signed here as the quasi backup PG cause Spo thinks just because you can handle a bit you can play the position. J Rich will definitely be be cast in the role of insurance policy and if guys need a day off he'll get some sporadic minutes here and there.

This is the 12 we dress

C Thomas Bryant
C Orlando Robinson
PG Dru Smith

2 ways

PF/SF Cole Swider
PG/SG Alondes Williams
SF/PF Jamal Cain

Won’t be shocked at all to see Jovic booted out of the rotation at full strength in favor of a 2 way vet like JRich being able to slide in the rotation.

Terry/Wright
Herro/jrich
Jimmy/Duncan
Martin/JJJ
Bam/Love
#FreeBam
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#337 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:53 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

I don't think Delon signed here at a vet minimum to be a straight up no minutes bench player. Things are discussed between back channels before a move is ever even made. I have to imagine the Heat promised him a role and that is of the backup PG position. J Rich was miscast from the moment he signed here as the quasi backup PG cause Spo thinks just because you can handle a bit you can play the position. J Rich will definitely be be cast in the role of insurance policy and if guys need a day off he'll get some sporadic minutes here and there.

This is the 12 we dress

C Thomas Bryant
C Orlando Robinson
PG Dru Smith

2 ways

PF/SF Cole Swider
PG/SG Alondes Williams
SF/PF Jamal Cain

Won’t be shocked at all to see Jovic booted out of the rotation at full strength in favor of a 2 way vet like JRich being able to slide in the rotation.

Terry/Wright
Herro/jrich
Jimmy/Duncan
Martin/JJJ
Bam/Love

I'm fully expecting it come playoff time. Spo will make it matchup based
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,656

Post#338 » by Daffy » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:48 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Daffy wrote:

This is the 12 we dress

C Thomas Bryant
C Orlando Robinson
PG Dru Smith

2 ways

PF/SF Cole Swider
PG/SG Alondes Williams
SF/PF Jamal Cain

On another note. If we bench Herro or Rozier for Wright the defense on that 2nd unit is just down right ugly. My God. Outside of Caleb a line up of the following is getting cooked. Minutes will definitely have to be staggered.

Rozier/Herro
Duncan
Caleb
JJJ
Love
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,801

Post#339 » by greg4012 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:28 pm

Daffy wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

This is the 12 we dress

C Thomas Bryant
C Orlando Robinson
PG Dru Smith

2 ways

PF/SF Cole Swider
PG/SG Alondes Williams
SF/PF Jamal Cain

On another note. If we bench Herro or Rozier for Wright the defense on that 2nd unit is just down right ugly. My God. Outside of Caleb a line up of the following is getting cooked. Minutes will definitely have to be staggered.

Rozier/Herro
Duncan
Caleb
JJJ
Love

When it matters, Jimmy and Bam will each be playing 35+ minutes per game. This won't be hockey lineup changes. I don't see the bench rotation being any worse defensively than last season's playoff rotation. Bet Rozier can be average on that end. Duncan isn't the same liability these days. And any combo of Caleb-Haywood-Jaquez rotation minutes always comes with defensive juice.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,627

Post#340 » by IceColdCubano » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:39 pm

Daffy wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

This is the 12 we dress

C Thomas Bryant
C Orlando Robinson
PG Dru Smith

2 ways

PF/SF Cole Swider
PG/SG Alondes Williams
SF/PF Jamal Cain

Rozier/Herro
Duncan
Caleb
JJJ
Love

I think your close, but not there yet on what the rotations will look like. I am going to say below as we get closer to the end of the season is what it will be, just based on experience with FO and this Coach. That's what I go by, not what I think is best or based on statistics, knowing how this team functions and behaves.

PF/SF Caleb Martin PF/SF Haywood Highsmith PF/C Niko Jovic
SF Jimmy Butler SF Jaime Jaquez Jr SF/SG Josh Richardson
SG Tyler Herro SG Duncan Robinson

Josh & Niko will barely get minutes in the playoffs unless their is foul trouble. The only one you could interchange if is Josh for Delon if Josh comes back and is Delon during this stint while Josh is injured doesn't keep moving the needle in a positive direction.

Return to Miami Heat