ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,409

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#1201 » by Beenie » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:05 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Beenie wrote:Bring Highsmith back. He can be had at a value cap number

The decision to not move Martin at the deadline looks extra foolish now as he likely walks for nothing without the justification of a solid contribution during a long playoff run this year.

Highsmith back for a minimum that keeps us under the tax sure but J Rich opting in for 3 million is a lot more valuable then Jagsmith. If Rich opts out then we probably give him that small value cap number raise.

Who really knows what their tax situation will look like. Wouldnt surprise me if 2 of Herro, Duncan and Rozier are moved and if so, how it would impact their cap situation.

Hypothetically, if major changes are on the horizon, it behooves the team to retain cheap players like Highsmith who will almost certainly outperform their contract.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,831

Post#1202 » by greg4012 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:11 pm

So many foolish games squandered this season while the whole team was wrapped in an air of indifference. There was zero reason to be in this position.

Playoff Jimmy in full effort mode lasted almost one quarter this year--for a play-in game.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,759

Post#1203 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:12 pm

AirP. wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:So Jimmy is out with an MCL tear for multiple weeks, lets lose this upcoming game and position ourselves into the lottery at least. The basketball Godz may still be able to bless us with an undercover superstar.

Miami may have no choice in the matter.

I suspect the plan for Miami is the same as it has been since LeBron left which is to find a MVP level player and the best they've done in the last 9 years is find a part time MVP level player in Butler(who forced his way to Miami), an injured Oladipo(who was forcing his way to Miami) and a past his prime Lowry(who forced his way to Miami but used a bidding war to get more money). Miami won't be bad enough to have a decent shot at getting a top of the lottery pick so they have to continue to do what they've always done, try to stay competitive and hope someone falls in their lap which probably means an older star forcing his way to Miami like Lillard tried to do with no leverage but a career of loyalty to Portland which equated to no leverage at all.

I personally like Miami not tanking and trying to be competitive each year and even for Miami, the draft is a crap shoot, don't be fooled getting lucky with a nice pick here and there, because the duds will come too. The evaluation that got Miami to pick Precious over Maxey is a huge franchise changing miss, having him this whole time instead of Precious/Lowry probably changes Miami's fate now and in the future.

I could see Miami making 2-3 big trades, but I could also see them standing mostly pat. There really isn't a shortcut into finding the next MVP level player for Miami and I highly doubt Miami will be able to acquire one in the next half decade with where they currently stand. It sucks but it's also reality for basically all teams who don't tank... and even teams that tank don't always find their superstar.

I am not understanding your post, Miami could literally do all the things you just stated whilst also getting a better position in the draft by simply losing Friday. They absolutely gain nothing other than Mr. Micky Arison getting two games and making more money which frankly supersedes any other FO intention I think. If you have the ability to go from 15 pick to 11 and also not give Boston their closure by beating us in 4-0 sweep you've done what's best for the future. Jovic & JJJ are young and will have tons of chances at playoff ball in the upcoming years, the rest of the team has plenty of Playoff experience behind them. You gain nothing from accomplishing this mystical win against the bulls with your depleted and injured roster.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,882

Post#1204 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:16 pm

Micky got stuck paying 15 million in tax for garbage this year lol. He ain’t paying it again next year so i’m expecting trades with teams that have cap space that can eat some money in trade. Duncan will have one more year before heading into his partial guaranteed year of 10 million. Almost certain to think we’ll be looking to give him away
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1205 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:52 pm

Barry seems to finally be on the side of the viewership, wonder how his recent push asking for the front office to be better is received on that side.

Read on Twitter
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,430

Post#1206 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:38 pm

greg4012 wrote:So many foolish games squandered this season while the whole team was wrapped in an air of indifference. There was zero reason to be in this position.

Playoff Jimmy in full effort mode lasted almost one quarter this year--for a play-in game.

Wizards in Miami up double digits and we lose.

Grizzlies D team in Miami and we lose.

Up 24-2 to start the bulls game and lose.

Up 20+ on the nets in Miami and lose.

Up 20+ against the Knicks in the 4th and lose.

Lose at Utah not playing serious.

Up big on the Thunder and lose in Miami.

Drilled by 30 against Toronto playing with no urgency.

Up 4 with 30 seconds against the hawks in Miami, dumb Jrich foul followed by a bad Herro shot and a Murray game winner to lose.

Double digit leads at both OKC and Dallas back to back and throw those games away.

6th seed on the line come out with no urgency and fall down 20+ to the Pacers to lose by 2.

Squandered SEVERAL opportunities. Honestly if the team gave a fuxk and also didn’t take so many PTO days we should be the 2 seed right now.
#FreeBam
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1207 » by greg4012 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:42 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
greg4012 wrote:So many foolish games squandered this season while the whole team was wrapped in an air of indifference. There was zero reason to be in this position.

Up 4 with 30 seconds against the hawks in Miami, dumb Jrich foul followed by a bad Herro shot and a Murray game winner to lose.

Double digit leads at both OKC and Dallas back to back and throw those games away.

6th seed on the line come out with no urgency and fall down 20+ to the Pacers to lose by 2.

Squandered SEVERAL opportunities. Honestly if the team gave a fuxk and also didn’t take so many PTO days we should be the 2 seed right now.

And Jimmy would be healthy
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1208 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:44 pm

greg4012 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Exactly. Fuxk the Knicks but good on Brunson to come out there and play like every game is game 7. Heat Culture wasn’t anywhere to be found this year, especially when we wore those dumb jerseys. It’s seemed the Knicks stole it for a season.
#FreeBam
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1209 » by greg4012 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:31 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Exactly. Fuxk the Knicks but good on Brunson to come out there and play like every game is game 7. Heat Culture wasn’t anywhere to be found this year, especially when we wore those dumb jerseys. It’s seemed the Knicks stole it for a season.

No one pushes their team to play the regular season in 110% playoff mode like Thibs. It always gets his team's fanbases going in the regular season and leads to their meltdowns when the team has no extra gear and are burning out in postseason.

Actually selectively pushing full throttle in the regular season is warranted, though. Whatever the Heat have been doing with the reg season ain't it either.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,621

Post#1210 » by Bishop45 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:57 pm

Can't believe that I'm saying this, but parts of it feels right... I think we should run it back and continue assessing what we have in terms of young players (Herro, Jaquez, Bam) because I'm not certain which of these players we could actually build around to contend, if that is our goal. If it is none of them, then next steps need to be based on that.
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1211 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:57 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1212 » by greg4012 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:04 pm

Watching this Heat team in transition is vomit-inducing. We're the same fans that had the pleasure of watching the greatest transition duo of all time with Wade & Bron

Palate cleanser:

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1213 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:06 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1214 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:17 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,030

Post#1215 » by carnageta » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:22 pm

I don't care how this play-in tournament ends up. I think it's a great addition to the league and brings excitement right before the playoffs begin.

Don't want to be in? Then don't finish 7-10 in the standings :lol:
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1216 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:29 pm

Read on Twitter
miamivice
Pro Prospect
And1: 268

Post#1217 » by miamivice » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:32 pm

been a while. just thinking that maybe having the guy with all the "100% durant to heat nuggets" bs co-opting the thread tradition was maybe not the coolest move ha...
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,102

Post#1218 » by eddieheatfan » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:00 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter
see ya next year jimmy, maybe?
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1219 » by IceColdCubano » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Great now we can see what a team looks like with no Jimmy & Rozier. Will Spo run the offense through Herro once more or will he make Bam be the focal point. I think if he uses Bam as the focal point we have a chance of winning, so my preference is he uses Herro and he goes absolutely ballistic I want 45 shot attempts form him tomorrow. A fat loss, bring this team to its end, and go get that 11th pick. As stated before JJJ and Jovic will get plenty of playoff experience in the near future, Miami is always in contention one way or another their young enough to get plenty of reps there in the future with us.
Voltron914
Sophomore
And1: 209

Post#1220 » by Voltron914 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:04 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter

Great now we can see what a team looks like with no Jimmy & Rozier. Will Spo run the offense through Herro once more or will he make Bam be the focal point. I think if he uses Bam as the focal point we have a chance of winning, so my preference is he uses Herro and he goes absolutely ballistic I want 45 shot attempts form him tomorrow. A fat loss, bring this team to its end, and go get that 11th pick. As stated before JJJ and Jovic will get plenty of playoff experience in the near future, Miami is always in contention one way or another their young enough to get plenty of reps there in the future with us.

Does that mean that Duncan is available? If this team isnt dead spo will have have a more free flowing offense like we had earlier in the season when jimmy was out and Jaime filled in that post role. Or we can try point Bam or Jovic. That loss left me sick but i hope this forces spo and the rest of the team to step up out of their comfort zone

Return to Miami Heat