ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 534

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#1281 » by Lennyzinho » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:47 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Beenie wrote:

Can probably get 4 1sts for Bam

Team like OKC could even pay a higher price for the right deal

Then we have to hope and pray 1 of those picks can be near the player he is, then have to hope he can build the same type of relationships with elite stars in the league like Bam has.

Trading Bam would set this franchise back a decade

uhh OKC finished 1st in the west this year they look to keep getting better, they have serious offensive firepower in their guys, you add BAM to that team, good luck to the rest of the WEST. Which means for the foreseeable future those picks we get would be middling 1st rounders similar to what Miami nets. You won't be picking top end talent, unless they send you picks they captured from other bad teams, which is the most valuable I am sure they won't send those to us, at least not all of them, maybe get 1 plus 3 of their own picks.

We are not trading Bam. We are running this back, tbd with Herro. We were hurt all year; think we led the league in different starting lineups. Didn't have Jrich Duncan or Rozier for the play-in game and Jimmy got hurt. I know it's not what we want but Heat with another good draft pick like JJJ, along with Jovic and JJJ developing and a healthy roster, we SHOULD be better next year.

I would really like to see the Heat add an offensive minded coach to the staff, however. Spo is ridic on set plays and defense, but the offense needs some new wrinkles. Feels incredibly stale.

My opinion, OKC still makes the most sense. A Jimmy Butler trade, huge improvement over their Gordon Hayward addition, makes too much sense. Kind of what Toronto did with getting Kawhi. Get Jimmy to lead and help the young dudes and you're absolutely going deep into the playoffs or good chance of winning it all.

They can give us back our 2025 top 14 protected 1st (opens lots of future trade possibilities as well), also our 2029 and 2030 2nd round picks (same thinking), as well as 1-2 other picks and a young player like Cason Wallace. We aren't getting a Rudy Gobert or Donovan Mitchell type return for Jimmy but I still think we can get back plenty. 2 frps, 2 srps, and a young promising player that was taken 10th overall for a dude that's gonna be 35 is more than fair. It's a win win.

https://fanspo.com/nba/teams/thunder/21/draft-picks

OKC has to consolidate at some point. They have 7 FRPs in the next two drafts. 2 or 3 this draft (Utah will probably be protected and pushed to 2025). If Utah pick convenes in 2025, they'll have 5 FRPs in 2025 (unless our pick goes to 2026 due to protections) ...
They can't add 5-6 FRPs to this roster. Something has to happen. Or maybe this was the plan all along... have a roster 12-13 deep of FRP talent and let it ride and start making trades when players want to get paid and get future 1st's and keep that cycle going over and over... what OKC does the next 6-18 months with all these picks is one of the top stories around the league for me.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,834

Post#1282 » by greg4012 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:16 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
FRP's, Quality of the FRP's, and the amount of FRP's are subjective to the team receiving the player and their needs. Miami will send out Multiple FRP's for future when they have zero back up options and nothing else of hope to acquire moving forward. Miami in this case were surely lacking offensive fire power and upgrade in age at their PG rotation, therefore they paid the price they felt they needed to get a player of need which resulted in giving up 30M dollar expiring, valuable almost an FRP of value, and an additional FRP. So in essence Miami gave up 2 FRP's of value to get Rozier. Was he worth it, so far not so much but that is a tale of injuries more so than anything else, he also has taking a longer time than expected to feel comfortable in our offense. He is also a terrible fit next to Tyler Herro in the starting roles so there's that. We can say as currently he is undefined whether this trade was successful or not, his presence and our inability to have a working offensive system with him included tells me that I would point to this being a failure for the time being in my opinion I know those differ around here.

In turn selling on Rozier, and expecting an FRP in return means that the team in question on the receiving end must have a just as a dire need for him as we did this year, for there to be that sort of exchange. He could also just be more of a asset himself sent to fill salary with nothing but salary at a position of need returning, the chances of Miami recouping that FRP or FRP plus expiring contract in value for him are probably very low in to happen unless again that team is in a position like us. This would come down to a contender whom, need an additional scorer to improve upon a weakness, so its a very nitch market we would need to pinpoint. His contract while very movable as many have said doesn't necessarily translate to positive return jus easy to find a partner to exchange with, not value determined.

How did Miami give up 2 FRPs for Rozier? I don't subscribe to that logic, at all. That's pure narrative-influenced perspective communicated to serve a deeper festering feeling of despair. This is the same board that swore Lowry's expiring was of almost no value and hardly an asset to be counted in any prospective trade. Now that it was part of a trade, trading the expiring is being painted as a fumbled asset LOL.

Rinse, wash, repeat with some on here.

That's why I said at the end "FRP or FRP plus expiring" for reference, key point on the OR didn't imply a complete 2 FRP's. I wasn't peddling the Lowry expiring as worthless in any previous post either, I always said due to its size it had lots of value specially in a season where lots of changes were coming to the CAP rules and stipulations. Perhaps this offseason when teams are all under the 1st Apron his Expiring would not net as much, but earlier when teams were doing everything possible to shed salary there was definite value there, and a large chunk of it at $30M.

There's no feeling of despair here, with me at least, just telling it how it is, and I fully understand the hurdles we will need to cross to get away from our issues. Painting it with a pretty brush isn't going to do any good, If you don't agree with it that's fine and good that's why were here putting our ideas and opinions for people to criticize/critic like you just did. Also I don't remember saying that trading Lowry's expiring was a fumbled asset, I said to date the payoff has not been met with Terry not being healthy, and not being good when he was outside of a few games. There's a lot still here that needs to happen for us to say this was a positive trade.

My take is your projecting at my response a bit here, because perhaps I didn't hit the nail on the head or center mass but its a too close for comfort. In the end the Miami Heat front office did what they thought was right at the time like they done in the past many times, were pretty good here about calling them out after their decisions don't pan out. With this one specifically there still time for it to turn around, and I will gladly still be posting here in the near future waiting for your I told you so.

In no form or fashion did Miami give up 2 FRPs for Rozier.

While waiting, here's some recommended reading:
https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/59891634
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,793

Post#1283 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:31 pm

greg4012 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
How did Miami give up 2 FRPs for Rozier? I don't subscribe to that logic, at all. That's pure narrative-influenced perspective communicated to serve a deeper festering feeling of despair. This is the same board that swore Lowry's expiring was of almost no value and hardly an asset to be counted in any prospective trade. Now that it was part of a trade, trading the expiring is being painted as a fumbled asset LOL.

Rinse, wash, repeat with some on here.

That's why I said at the end "FRP or FRP plus expiring" for reference, key point on the OR didn't imply a complete 2 FRP's. I wasn't peddling the Lowry expiring as worthless in any previous post either, I always said due to its size it had lots of value specially in a season where lots of changes were coming to the CAP rules and stipulations. Perhaps this offseason when teams are all under the 1st Apron his Expiring would not net as much, but earlier when teams were doing everything possible to shed salary there was definite value there, and a large chunk of it at $30M.

There's no feeling of despair here, with me at least, just telling it how it is, and I fully understand the hurdles we will need to cross to get away from our issues. Painting it with a pretty brush isn't going to do any good, If you don't agree with it that's fine and good that's why were here putting our ideas and opinions for people to criticize/critic like you just did. Also I don't remember saying that trading Lowry's expiring was a fumbled asset, I said to date the payoff has not been met with Terry not being healthy, and not being good when he was outside of a few games. There's a lot still here that needs to happen for us to say this was a positive trade.

My take is your projecting at my response a bit here, because perhaps I didn't hit the nail on the head or center mass but its a too close for comfort. In the end the Miami Heat front office did what they thought was right at the time like they done in the past many times, were pretty good here about calling them out after their decisions don't pan out. With this one specifically there still time for it to turn around, and I will gladly still be posting here in the near future waiting for your I told you so.

In no form or fashion did Miami give up 2 FRPs for Rozier.

While waiting, here's some recommended reading:
https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/59891634

I still don't see your counter point anywhere? where are the 2 FRP's in value aggregated from?

Also I won't be reading that just based on the reviews:
Here are some interesting quotes from the book you recommended from customers -
The idea behind "Smart Brevity" can be summed up as follows: People have the attention span of goldfish, can't take in more than one sentence, and here's how to capitalize on that.

A three-hour infomercial about how to write for people who don't read, which is now supposedly everybody.

Ahhh It all makes sense now.....thank you
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,111

Post#1284 » by Flash4thewin » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:50 pm

Lennyzinho wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Then we have to hope and pray 1 of those picks can be near the player he is, then have to hope he can build the same type of relationships with elite stars in the league like Bam has.

Trading Bam would set this franchise back a decade

uhh OKC finished 1st in the west this year they look to keep getting better, they have serious offensive firepower in their guys, you add BAM to that team, good luck to the rest of the WEST. Which means for the foreseeable future those picks we get would be middling 1st rounders similar to what Miami nets. You won't be picking top end talent, unless they send you picks they captured from other bad teams, which is the most valuable I am sure they won't send those to us, at least not all of them, maybe get 1 plus 3 of their own picks.

We are not trading Bam. We are running this back, tbd with Herro. We were hurt all year; think we led the league in different starting lineups. Didn't have Jrich Duncan or Rozier for the play-in game and Jimmy got hurt. I know it's not what we want but Heat with another good draft pick like JJJ, along with Jovic and JJJ developing and a healthy roster, we SHOULD be better next year.

I would really like to see the Heat add an offensive minded coach to the staff, however. Spo is ridic on set plays and defense, but the offense needs some new wrinkles. Feels incredibly stale.

My opinion, OKC still makes the most sense. A Jimmy Butler trade, huge improvement over their Gordon Hayward addition, makes too much sense. Kind of what Toronto did with getting Kawhi. Get Jimmy to lead and help the young dudes and you're absolutely going deep into the playoffs or good chance of winning it all.

They can give us back our 2025 top 14 protected 1st (opens lots of future trade possibilities as well), also our 2029 and 2030 2nd round picks (same thinking), as well as 1-2 other picks and a young player like Cason Wallace. We aren't getting a Rudy Gobert or Donovan Mitchell type return for Jimmy but I still think we can get back plenty. 2 frps, 2 srps, and a young promising player that was taken 10th overall for a dude that's gonna be 35 is more than fair. It's a win win.

OKC has to consolidate at some point. They have 7 FRPs in the next two drafts. 2 or 3 this draft (Utah will probably be protected and pushed to 2025). If Utah pick convenes in 2025, they'll have 5 FRPs in 2025 (unless our pick goes to 2026 due to protections) ...
They can't add 5-6 FRPs to this roster. Something has to happen. Or maybe this was the plan all along... have a roster 12-13 deep of FRP talent and let it ride and start making trades when players want to get paid and get future 1st's and keep that cycle going over and over... what OKC does the next 6-18 months with all these picks is one of the top stories around the league for me.

Jimmy just doesn't have that value. Sure they can trade us there worst picks but Jimmy and his salary won't get us much. Now if it's Bam then the fit and age starts to make sense but then we are taking about a full rebuild which is something our owner and front office want to avoid almost as much as they want to avoid paying the tax.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,318

Post#1285 » by twix2500 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:11 pm

If the Heat move forward building around Bam they must get a star point guard to pair with him.
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,263

Post#1286 » by oreon » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:29 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
Lennyzinho wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

Jimmy just doesn't have that value. Sure they can trade us there worst picks but Jimmy and his salary won't get us much. Now if it's Bam then the fit and age starts to make sense but then we are taking about a full rebuild which is something our owner and front office want to avoid almost as much as they want to avoid paying the tax.

Too much ego to tank. They drank their own culture cool aid. In their minds they are the only franchise that plays hard and tries to win no matter. But sometimes taking a step back for 2 or 3 seasons sets you up for 15 years. Meanwhile Heat every 2-3 years are trying to shake up the roster to make it great but never quite get there. This core has been super successful in getting ECF and 2 Finals but a loss tonight or early exit, then this core has reached its limit.
Next year draft is supposed to be pretty good. I'm not a draft expert, I dont care about high school or college ball. But people are talking about Cooper flagg as a franchise player worth tanking for. He's not Wemby level but a 6"8 3 level scorer who can also defend at a high level can be best player in a championship team. Lets be bad and try and get him. It worked for the Spurs. Drafting a player that ilk makes building a championship team a lot easier. Far easier to get 2nd or 3rd options and role players than getting that no 1 guy while he's in his prime.
ZoStrong
Junior
And1: 815

Post#1287 » by ZoStrong » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:40 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
Lennyzinho wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

Doesn't matter what value he has. He didn't have much value when we got him for practically just for JRich. Whiteside we were happy to just get rid of.

You go after the disgruntled stars or stars who's not signing extensions w their current teams. We gotta hope some teams crash n burn during this playoff so, some want out.
ZoStrong
Junior

Post#1288 » by ZoStrong » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 pm

I bet a couple contenders who fail to win this season will be interested in adding him for their window. It probably will involve 3 or 4 teams, a contender getting Butler, Team B sending us their disgruntled star.
ZoStrong
Junior

Post#1289 » by ZoStrong » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:49 pm

Btw, now that Jimmy is out, I actually wanna face Boston. To see how Bam, Jaquez, Jovic do against the best team of the season.

Boston should sweep us on paper. So, I won't feel so bad losing to them without Jimmy, actually I'd love it if Miami can pull off a win or two. Also who knows, Herro can up his trade value, lol. You never know, lol
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,588

Post#1290 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:03 pm

ZoStrong wrote:Btw, now that Jimmy is out, I actually wanna face Boston. To see how Bam, Jaquez, Jovic do against the best team of the season.

Boston should sweep us on paper. So, I won't feel so bad losing to them without Jimmy, actually I'd love it if Miami can pull off a win or two. Also who knows, Herro can up his trade value, lol. You never know, lol

I’m actually not opposed to a no pressure playoff series, unfortunate that it’s come to that but I’d still like to watch and I’d like for Bam to be the main option on offense with everyone playing off of him in DHO, Pick n rolls, and spotting up to shoot.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1291 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:09 pm

twix2500 wrote:If the Heat move forward building around Bam they must get a star point guard to pair with him.

Well Trae and Murray are being split this summer, Mitchell will be available, and maybe things get interesting with Fox if they lose tonight or get drilled in the 1st round so there’s high level guards right there.

Before we start the “Mitchell isn’t a PG” stuff, he averages 30-5-7-2-1 at PG this season with Garland out and good efficiency and the Cavs were 14-5 in those games.

In 2023 the record was 8-1 and he averaged 35-5-7-2 on elite efficiency.

This totals a 22-6 record without garland and Mitchell playing PG and 31-5-7-2-1 on elite efficiency.

Also his pick and roll combos with Allen and Mobley were near the top of the league on 2023 and I’d assume 2024 as well when it comes to Allen. He works great with bigs.

He’s also a Wade disciple. It makes too much sense, everything better be on the table this summer.
#FreeBam
Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 534

Post#1292 » by Lennyzinho » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:33 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
twix2500 wrote:If the Heat move forward building around Bam they must get a star point guard to pair with him.

Well Trae and Murray are being split this summer, Mitchell will be available, and maybe things get interesting with Fox if they lose tonight or get drilled in the 1st round so there’s high level guards right there.

Before we start the “Mitchell isn’t a PG” stuff, he averages 30-5-7-2-1 at PG this season with Garland out and good efficiency and the Cavs were 14-5 in those games.

This totals a 22-6 record without garland and Mitchell playing PG and 31-5-7-2-1 on elite efficiency.

Also his pick and roll combos with Allen and Mobley were near the top of the league on 2023 and I’d assume 2024 as well when it comes to Allen. He works great with bigs.

He’s also a Wade disciple. It makes too much sense, everything better be on the table this summer.

Donovan is 100% a PG. Maybe some minutes with Delon Wright who's a defensive first guard and has some size and doesn't turn the ball over.

Storylines:

Cavs : Donovan. And not just donovan, do cavs go a step further and break up Jarrett Allen and Mobley who don't seem to work together.

Suns: if they get wrecked, does durant ask out? They can't move beal. And they won't trade booker. Probably coach change and durant asks out the following year 2025.

Thunder: if they don't win a round do they just stick to the process or make a huge play for a star

Bucks: Another first round exit and disappointing season. Does dame really stick around? He loved Portland but the Bucks? Could care less. Could ask out. Giannis too. Middleton and lopez both a year older. Could blow it up. Bill Simmons podcast latest episode touched on this.

Lakers: if they lose in first round to Denver and someone drafts bronny, does lebron go on the move and force a trade.

And then there's some bulls and warriors pieces. Lavine gonna get traded? Sixers could steal away derozan with a ton of cap space. Klay FA? Wiggins trade rumors etc.

And then of course us with herro and being thrown into every trade scenario by espn.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1293 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:38 pm

Lennyzinho wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Donovan is 100% a PG. Maybe some minutes with Delon Wright who's a defensive first guard and has some size and doesn't turn the ball over.

Storylines:

Cavs : Donovan. And not just donovan, do cavs go a step further and break up Jarrett Allen and Mobley who don't seem to work together.

Suns: if they get wrecked, does durant ask out? They can't move beal. And they won't trade booker. Probably coach change and durant asks out the following year 2025.

Thunder: if they don't win a round do they just stick to the process or make a huge play for a star

Bucks: Another first round exit and disappointing season. Does dame really stick around? He loved Portland but the Bucks? Could care less. Could ask out. Giannis too. Middleton and lopez both a year older. Could blow it up. Bill Simmons podcast latest episode touched on this.

Lakers: if they lose in first round to Denver and someone drafts bronny, does lebron go on the move and force a trade.

And then there's some bulls and warriors pieces. Lavine gonna get traded? Sixers could steal away derozan with a ton of cap space. Klay FA? Wiggins trade rumors etc.

And then of course us with herro and being thrown into every trade scenario by espn.

Paul George’s name has come up as well if we’re just talking in general and not PGs.
#FreeBam
HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,924

Post#1294 » by HeatingUp3 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:46 pm

If we lose we are lottery? Which place?
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,581

Post#1295 » by Rapaz » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=46
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1296 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:38 am

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
oreon
Analyst

Post#1297 » by oreon » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:39 am

Rapaz wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Chill Woj, there are games to be played. He talking like Boston already knocked us out.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1298 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:12 am

Read on Twitter

We ready!!!
#FreeBam
oreon
Analyst

Post#1299 » by oreon » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:24 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

We ready!!!

Heat in 6 ! Spo gonna do it again
ZoStrong
Junior

Post#1300 » by ZoStrong » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:56 am

oreon wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

We ready!!!

Heat in 6 ! Spo gonna do it again

Lol, I'd be happy w 6 games! But I don't see us advancing :lol: But we are playing w the house money now. Let's see how things fall. Maybe we'll beat them up so bad, they get knocked out in the second round! :nod:

Return to Miami Heat