ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,056

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#1461 » by AirP. » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:34 pm

MorbidHEAT wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Unless y'all are prepared to get rid of Bam, we're likely not getting Mitchell. What assets do we have that outweigh the assets of other teams that are interested in him?

We are going to have to trade Bam at some point, but it won’t be for Mitchell. We are very steeply heading into a full rebuild. We can delay it until Jimmy is done, but it’s coming. Bam will be the only asset that possibly could get a meaningful return.

We have been trying to retool to account for 2 different timelines for a few years now. It’ll catch up to us eventually.

Or you just keep acquiring good to great talent and hope for that chance to acquire a top tier player vs tank for year with no guarantee that the draft will have franchise players, Miami will have a high enough draft pick and they don't just miss on the pick like the Precious over Maxey, Bane and Quickly seems to be.

Just keep developing player and always be ready to trade for talent for cheap.

Miami already has Bam, you have a solid young player to replace some of what Butler does in Jaquez Jr, Jovic looks like the type of big you want in the 3pt era and who knows what happens with Herro. That should be a nice core of being a .500 team, so with a trade or 2 of adding more higher-level talent this team starts trending upward towards a 50-win team.

How about this, what if Miami took a chance this summer and acquire KP? Boston sent out Smart, Gallinari (filler), Muscala and a 2nd round pick and got back KP and TWO first round picks. A trade like that could completely change Miami's future, hell, they had the chance of keeping Butler, Bam and Herro for Beal and didn't even call Washington back, Beal had to call Miami for the reply! Talk about his injuries all you want, that's a high-level scorer who had TWO 30+ ppg seasons under his belt, has shown he can be a scorer in the playoffs and was only 30 and even though he has a no trade clause, he'd be Lillard's current age at the end of the contract.

There have been and will be moves to get better for Miami, they just have to make them, I think they believed in Herro to the point they refused to trade him in a package for anyone except for the top of the NBA players which probably was a horrible call especially as close as this team was to possibly win a championship.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,816

Post#1462 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:41 pm

AirP. wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Unless y'all are prepared to get rid of Bam, we're likely not getting Mitchell. What assets do we have that outweigh the assets of other teams that are interested in him?

We are going to have to trade Bam at some point, but it won’t be for Mitchell. We are very steeply heading into a full rebuild. We can delay it until Jimmy is done, but it’s coming. Bam will be the only asset that possibly could get a meaningful return.

We have been trying to retool to account for 2 different timelines for a few years now. It’ll catch up to us eventually.

Or you just keep acquiring good to great talent and hope for that chance to acquire a top tier player vs tank for year with no guarantee that the draft will have franchise players, Miami will have a high enough draft pick and they don't just miss on the pick like the Precious over Maxey, Bane and Quickly seems to be.

Miami already has Bam, you have a solid young player to replace some of what Butler does in Jaquez Jr, Jovic looks like the type of big you want in the 3pt era and who knows what happens with Herro. That should be a nice core of being a .500 team, so with a trade or 2 of adding more higher-level talent this team starts trending upward towards a 50-win team.

How about this, what if Miami took a chance this summer and acquire KP? Boston sent out Smart, Gallinari (filler), Muscala and a 2nd round pick and got back KP and TWO first round picks. A trade like that could completely change Miami's future, hell, they had the chance of keeping Butler, Bam and Herro for Beal and didn't even call Washington back, Beal had to call Miami for the reply! Talk about his injuries all you want, that's a high-level scorer who had TWO 30+ ppg seasons under his belt, has shown he can be a scorer in the playoffs and was only 30 and even though he has a no trade clause, he'd be Lillard's current age at the end of the contract.

There have been and will be moves to get better for Miami, they just have to make them, I think they believed in Herro to the point they refused to trade him in a package for anyone except for the top of the NBA players which probably was a horrible call especially as close as this team was to possibly win a championship.

I think that believe in Herro is either waning to exhaustion or already expired. So we should get a clear understanding of their direction in the upcoming off season.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,138

Post#1463 » by Flash4thewin » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:56 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
AirP. wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:

I think that believe in Herro is either waning to exhaustion or already expired. So we should get a clear understanding of their direction in the upcoming off season.

It’s going to be the same direction that it’s always been, move heaven and hell to not pay the tax. Winning is a nice bonus but its not a priority at all.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,646

Post#1464 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

Some hot takes flying off today I see!
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1465 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:03 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote: :lol:

Yo Jovic is that kid thats never been clubbing before, dude looked so out of place wearing sweats and shoot around jacket. Dude has no semblance Miami vibe whatsoever...dude needs a wardrobe upgrade and some nights out in south beach with Herro & Jaime, them dudes came prepared for a night out in the town for sure.

That place is a Bistro club Lounge. Probably just went out for dinner. Don't see to it as any big deal.

Read on Twitter
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,375

Post#1466 » by DayofMourning » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:15 pm

Weve just cleared year 1 of The Butler Extension. Two more years to go. Based on this year and historical proof showing decline, we will be cap handicapped till 2026. Oh well.
SoFlaKingReal
Veteran
And1: 4,958

Post#1467 » by SoFlaKingReal » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:20 pm

People are on her still talking about Beal? Lol
He didn’t make the Suns better in the least
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1468 » by AirP. » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:21 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
AirP. wrote:

It’s going to be the same direction that it’s always been, move heaven and hell to not pay the tax. Winning is a nice bonus but its not a priority at all.

Sure, I'll stay with my take from the Rozier trade, they moved a big expiring contract and a 1st to acquire a cheaper high-volume scorer to move on from Herro and try to cash out on him, someone is going to be willing to pay a decent price for him.

Just looking towards next year, Rozier, Robinson, Butler, Jovic and Ban is a nice starting 5 and only a contender if Butler is still a high-level player but as at some point in the future Jaquez Jr will replace Butler. In a 5-year outlook, Miami needs to find a PG to develop to be ready to replace Rozier and a new SG which I would expect they want to trade for a high-level SG to go with the future core of Bam, Jaquez Jr and Jovic. The future isn't as bright as it would be with a young player with MVP potential but not everyone can have those. In the NBA you have 1 top 10 player for every 3 teams, it's tough to get one of those guys.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1469 » by AirP. » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:28 pm

SoFlaKingReal wrote:People are on her still talking about Beal? Lol

It's all about roles, he's the 3rd option in Phoenix.

Yeah, why try to acquire a guy who just turned 30 who has had multiple 30+ ppg seasons on good efficiency scoring? This year as a 3rd option he almost averaged 18.2 points a night on 14 FGA a night which equates to scoring with high efficiency of 60% TS%, he did drop his FGA per game by over 5 per game going from 1st option last year to 3rd option, vs his 30+ ppg seasons he took 9-10 shots less (while he was shooting efficiently). I don't think anyone thought his scoring would stay as high as it once was behind KD and Booker.

For an example, at age 28 Butler scored basically the same amount per game in Philly as Beal did this year in Phoenix, both not being #1 options then the next season Miami gave Butler the max and made him their #1 option and it seemed to work out well.

If adding as much talent to your roster is the goal, Beal has talent. I'd take Beal's and his salary over Herro and Robinson's salary and would expect the team to be much better.
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,222

Post#1470 » by MorbidHEAT » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:36 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Some hot takes flying off today I see!

Nothing to flip out about…only saying Bam is the best option to get us valuable assets back.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1471 » by AirP. » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:39 pm

MorbidHEAT wrote:

Nothing to flip about…only saying Bam is the best optio. To get us valuable assets back.

For what, to find Bam's replacement? The reality best case scenario is you're going to possibly replace Bam with another player by moving more assets than what you got for Bam and now you're basically in the same position with less assets and possibly a little better team.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1472 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:42 pm

MorbidHEAT wrote:

Nothing to flip out about…only saying Bam is the best option to get us valuable assets back.

No ones flipping out!
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1473 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:44 pm

AirP. wrote:
SoFlaKingReal wrote:People are on her still talking about Beal? Lol

It's all about roles, he's the 3rd option in Phoenix.

Yeah, why try to acquire a guy who just turned 30 who has had multiple 30+ ppg seasons on good efficiency scoring? This year as a 3rd option he almost averaged 18.2 points a night on 14 FGA a night which equates to scoring with high efficiency of 60% TS%, he did drop his FGA per game by over 5 per game going from 1st option last year to 3rd option, vs his 30+ ppg seasons he took 9-10 shots less (while he was shooting efficiently). I don't think anyone thought his scoring would stay as high as it once was behind KD and Booker.

For an example, at age 28 Butler scored basically the same amount per game in Philly as Beal did this year in Phoenix, both not being #1 options then the next season Miami gave Butler the max and made him their #1 option and it seemed to work out well.

If adding as much talent to your roster is the goal, Beal has talent. I'd take Beal's and his salary over Herro and Robinson's salary and would expect the team to be much better.

The dude just put up 36-6-5 on 67% shooting to secure the 6th seed for Phoenix. Put him in Herros role and we’re a much better team
#FreeBam
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,330

Post#1474 » by twix2500 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:45 pm

Read on Twitter
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,958

Post#1475 » by KingDavid » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:56 pm

I thought Beal had a say in where he went and he told the wizards he wanted to join Phoenix and not Miami. Am I misremembering here?
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1476 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:02 pm

KingDavid wrote:I thought Beal had a say in where he went and he told the wizards he wanted to join Phoenix and not Miami. Am I misremembering here?

Beal wanted Miami and the place he wanted to go to, called us directly we said we needed to think about and said aiight cool, waited for a response, thought he was gonna be here doing his thing, we called back said nah pass.

Read on Twitter
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,242

Post#1477 » by Wiltside » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:48 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pat such a boss. I’d **** my pants if dude dead panned, stared into my soul and said that.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,126

Post#1478 » by eddieheatfan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:52 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
KingDavid wrote:I thought Beal had a say in where he went and he told the wizards he wanted to join Phoenix and not Miami. Am I misremembering here?

Beal wanted Miami and the place he wanted to go to, called us directly we said we needed to think about and said aiight cool, waited for a response, thought he was gonna be here doing his thing, we called back said nah pass.

Read on Twitter
what a shame
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1479 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:59 pm

Wiltside wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pat such a boss. I’d **** my pants if dude dead panned, stared into my soul and said that.

would you rather if he just side eye you, and whispered it softly. I feel like thats what hes doing with Herro, cause aint no way this kid is so comfortable at the moment if he got this Pat Riley. I mean maybe it comes after this season is over, the call to the office.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1480 » by AirP. » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:37 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Miami Heat