ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,260

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#521 » by twix2500 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:37 pm

Bam Adebayo for the month of March has drastically declined.

16.8 pts, 12.6 fga, 60% 3p%, 11.5 rbs, 1.5 blks

OffRtg 106 and -2.6 Net

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,027

Post#522 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:44 pm

twix2500 wrote:Bam Adebayo for the month of March has drastically declined.

OffRtg 106 and -2.6 Net

He’s been playing hurt, thanks Bam!!
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,861

Post#523 » by AirP. » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:19 pm

carnageta wrote:
AirP. wrote:
carnageta wrote:
What are you basing these assumptions off of? For a guy who's usually pretty analytical, this is a pretty unhinged post lol.

The drop-off, statistically speaking, is marginal. Jimmy is shooting over 40% from deep this season (first time in his career). In 19-20, he averaged worse numbers and played 58 games. In 21-22, he averaged identical numbers on worse efficiency, and played in 57 games. He's at 50 games this season, with 11 more to go. But yet.. he's unmotivated this year? Lol, it really isn't any different than his previous 4 years with Miami tbh..

I am analytical but I'm also talking about a player I've followed all his career which is why I'm in these Miami forums so I've seen his effort level for a few years now. Even in his first year in Miami when people were asking about his scoring ability, he got motivated to prove people wrong and then he dropped 30 in the first half to prove a point and then scored a couple baskets in the 2nd half. I've also watched him drop 40 in a half before, the issue is that he's been getting less and less engaged in the regular season games to a level I've not seen other high level players get to. I think a more engaged Butler would be dropping 25+ a night, stabilizing this team and Miami probably would be a much higher seed then they currently are, they should be fighting for a 2nd seed and instead are trying to get out of the play in.

It'll be interesting to see how the fanbase reacts if Miami doesn't get past the 1st round if they get there at all, they were close to not even making it into the playoffs last year. Miami's just a few years removed from getting to the finals and then getting swept in the first round the very next season.

The thing is, Butler has never averaged over 25ppg in his career in the regular season - so I don't think we should expect that at age 34. He's averaging the pretty much age same ppg this year as he did the previous 3.

Him not being that interested in the regular season has been a thing since like 2020 lol. I don't really see how it's any more apparent this year. It's the same old Jimmy offensively. He wasn't that guy who would average over 25ppg at age 30. He isn't going to be that guy at age 35.

You're right, he's never averaged 25 points, he's also never taken more than 16.5 shots a night and in Miami he's never taken more than 14.5 a night in the regular season yet the last 2 playoffs he's averaged 27.4 in 17 games and 26.9 in 22 games, both playoff runs going against playoff level teams with a decent stretch he was injured in both seasons, and it dropped down his average. Do you believe the regular season is tougher than the playoffs where he couldn't average 25+ a night if he truly wanted to, he just has no drive to be a big scorer even if that would help out the team by giving them a good chunk of efficient offense. I'd understand it more if this team had no issues scoring but they do have major issues in scoring, and it almost cost them getting into the playoffs last year and could end up in the same situation this year. I just believe Miami needs to get him a teammate to push him, I would love to see Crowder added to the roster as a bench guy just to push Butler to take more pride in his game each night.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,207

Post#524 » by TroubleS0me » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:46 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
twix2500
RealGM

Post#525 » by twix2500 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:36 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

OffRtg 106 and -2.6 Net

Regardless, if the Heat wants to win a chip he needs to play at the level he played in Nov. Being a good role player is underacheiving and will cap this team. If he is hurt he needs to sit and get back to being 22 pt Bam, otherwise the team has no chance at winning a chip.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,801

Post#526 » by greg4012 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:13 pm

twix2500 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

OffRtg 106 and -2.6 Net

Regardless, if the Heat wants to win a chip he needs to play at the level he played in Nov. Being a good role player is underacheiving and will cap this team. If he is hurt he needs to sit and get back to being 22 pt Bam, otherwise the team has no chance at winning a chip.

If only he had available teammates to help alleviate his load
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#527 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:39 pm

twix2500 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

OffRtg 106 and -2.6 Net

:lol:
#FreeBam
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,004

Post#528 » by carnageta » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:50 am

AirP. wrote:
carnageta wrote:
AirP. wrote:I am analytical but I'm also talking about a player I've followed all his career which is why I'm in these Miami forums so I've seen his effort level for a few years now. Even in his first year in Miami when people were asking about his scoring ability, he got motivated to prove people wrong and then he dropped 30 in the first half to prove a point and then scored a couple baskets in the 2nd half. I've also watched him drop 40 in a half before, the issue is that he's been getting less and less engaged in the regular season games to a level I've not seen other high level players get to. I think a more engaged Butler would be dropping 25+ a night, stabilizing this team and Miami probably would be a much higher seed then they currently are, they should be fighting for a 2nd seed and instead are trying to get out of the play in.

It'll be interesting to see how the fanbase reacts if Miami doesn't get past the 1st round if they get there at all, they were close to not even making it into the playoffs last year. Miami's just a few years removed from getting to the finals and then getting swept in the first round the very next season.

The thing is, Butler has never averaged over 25ppg in his career in the regular season - so I don't think we should expect that at age 34. He's averaging the pretty much age same ppg this year as he did the previous 3.

Him not being that interested in the regular season has been a thing since like 2020 lol. I don't really see how it's any more apparent this year. It's the same old Jimmy offensively. He wasn't that guy who would average over 25ppg at age 30. He isn't going to be that guy at age 35.

You're right, he's never averaged 25 points, he's also never taken more than 16.5 shots a night and in Miami he's never taken more than 14.5 a night in the regular season yet the last 2 playoffs he's averaged 27.4 in 17 games and 26.9 in 22 games, both playoff runs going against playoff level teams with a decent stretch he was injured in both seasons, and it dropped down his average. Do you believe the regular season is tougher than the playoffs where he couldn't average 25+ a night if he truly wanted to, he just has no drive to be a big scorer even if that would help out the team by giving them a good chunk of efficient offense. I'd understand it more if this team had no issues scoring but they do have major issues in scoring, and it almost cost them getting into the playoffs last year and could end up in the same situation this year. I just believe Miami needs to get him a teammate to push him, I would love to see Crowder added to the roster as a bench guy just to push Butler to take more pride in his game each night.

Jimmy will put himself in harms way (injury wise) if he is trying to replicate his playoff performances over the course of an entire season. For a guy that already misses 25 games a season, imagine how much worse it would be if he went in every night trying to score 30.

Butler is a very efficient player but he has to work hard for his offense. He is not a natural born scorer and he doesn't have any physical characteristics that can make it easy for him to score in bunches (i.e. Durants height, Lebron's size and athleticism, Tatum's length, etc. etc.). He's been injured the past 2 postseasons.. were the injuries due to fluke accidents, or were they simply statistical probabilities that imply Butler's rugged offensive style of play place an increased load on his body? Is it really a coincidence that the healthiest postseason he had was in 2020 - in which Goran Dragic lead the team in scoring up until the finals?

Scoring has always been an issue for this Heat team. Despite that, their 39-32 and on pace to win more games than they did a year ago.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#529 » by AirP. » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:29 pm

carnageta wrote:
AirP. wrote:
carnageta wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Jimmy will put himself in harms way (injury wise) if he is trying to replicate his playoff performances over the course of an entire season. For a guy that already misses 25 games a season, imagine how much worse it would be if he went in every night trying to score 30.

Butler is a very efficient player but he has to work hard for his offense. He is not a natural born scorer and he doesn't have any physical characteristics that can make it easy for him to score in bunches (i.e. Durants height, Lebron's size and athleticism, Tatum's length, etc. etc.). He's been injured the past 2 postseasons.. were the injuries due to fluke accidents, or were they simply statistical probabilities that imply Butler's rugged offensive style of play place an increased load on his body? Is it really a coincidence that the healthiest postseason he had was in 2020 - in which Goran Dragic lead the team in scoring up until the finals?

Scoring has always been an issue for this Heat team. Despite that, their 39-32 and on pace to win more games than they did a year ago.

The last few years it's been reported Butler's had issues with his knee, beat writers and in game announcers would talk about his latest medical checkup, there's been no mention of this for this particular season.

Yes, Butler has physical game, but he could be giving good effort just on the defensive end if it were just him trying to preserve his body vs not being engaged. If you go look at his game logs, maybe even sort them by say... steals, you'll see a good correlation between his steals and his points, of course it's not a 1:1 but you'll see how you can usually tell how engaged he is by how many steals he has because he plays the passing lanes more, in fact, Miami is 11-17 in games Butler gets 1 or fewer steals this year.

Also, there's a high probability that at some point Butler will get hurt again in the playoffs even if he took half the regular season off, maybe altering his game some to not take as much contact each night is needed to be added to his game, he's been working on his 3ball yet he shot it at a higher rate most of his career before joining Miami who promote shooting 3s. Maybe less drives each game by taking 1-2 more 3s would reduce his chances of turning an ankle?
AirP.
RealGM

Post#530 » by AirP. » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:57 pm

Read on Twitter
twix2500
RealGM

Post#531 » by twix2500 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:16 pm

Terry Rozier the last 10 games
17.7 pts, 16 fga, 35% 3p%, 4.3 ast, 1 stl
107.1 OfRtg, 107.2 DefRtg, 0.1 NetRtg

Not good for a Go-Too player
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#532 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:17 pm

Read on Twitter

Neutered :o
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM

Post#533 » by AirP. » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:17 pm

30 shots a game huh?
Read on Twitter
twix2500
RealGM

Post#534 » by twix2500 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:20 pm

Jimmy Butler the last 10 games (8 games because he missed two)
18.5 pts, 14 fga, 23.8 3p%, 4.8 ast, 1.4 stls

Not good for a go-too player
twix2500
RealGM

Post#535 » by twix2500 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

AirP. wrote:30 shots a game huh?
Read on Twitter

You mean 30 pts?
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,035

Post#536 » by DBurks2818 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:29 pm

PG - Beno Udrih
SG - Tyler Johnson
SF - Jamario Moon
PF - Josh McRoberts
C - Earl Barron

6 - Wang Zhi Zhi
7 - Chris Quinn
8 -Yakhouba Diawara
9 - Wayne Simien
10 - Henry Walker
11 - Justin Hamilton
12 - Okaro White
13 - Gerald Fitch
14 - Mike James
15 - Rodney Buford

Don't mind me. Just listing guys at random.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#537 » by AirP. » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:31 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

You mean 30 pts?

Go to around 0:45 to hear it, then a few seconds later he says "not even a selfish 30 shots because he can't play like that".
twix2500
RealGM

Post#538 » by twix2500 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:38 pm

AirP. wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter

You mean 30 pts?

Go to around 0:45 to hear it, then a few seconds later he says "not even a selfish 30 shots because he can't play like that".

Beasley is a naturally funny dude. Its said because it has a lot to do with his bad mental state. He is the type of dude you love to keep around but you know you cant depend on him. He is like the NBA Richard Pryor tragedy creates comedy :lol:
twix2500
RealGM

Post#539 » by twix2500 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:40 pm

DBurks2818 wrote:PG - Beno Udrih
SG - Tyler Johnson
SF - Jamario Moon
PF - Josh McRoberts
C - Earl Barron

6 - Wang Zhi Zhi
7 - Chris Quinn
8 -Yakhouba Diawara
9 - Wayne Simien
10 - Henry Walker
11 - Justin Hamilton
12 - Okaro White
13 - Gerald Fitch
14 - Mike James
15 - Rodney Buford

Don't mind me. Just listing guys at random.

Josh McRoberts the stretch 4 jesus. He is the guy that made yall pray for a stretch 4 for the past 8 years.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#540 » by AirP. » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:44 pm

twix2500 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
You mean 30 pts?

Beasley is a naturally funny dude. Its said because it has a lot to do with his bad mental state. He is the type of dude you love to keep around but you know you cant depend on him. He is like the NBA Richard Pryor tragedy creates comedy :lol:

He was serious, I'd hate having a guy like that in the locker-room putting some bad ideas in player's heads. He should have had a much better career; he probably still has the talent where he should still be in the league.

Return to Miami Heat