ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,109

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#1241 » by Flash4thewin » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:25 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

I honestly spilled my drink reading that. At least Jimmy has a good sense of humor.
unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,876

Post#1242 » by unowen85 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:48 am

twix2500 wrote:I just reading some of the debates on here. Are some really believing Herro played well and had to jack up the amount of shots he did or we just playing devils advocate?

Well anyways, Herro and Bam have opportunity to carry the team. This is their chance on national television

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The problem is Herro wants to carry the team, but is too limited. And Bam has the talent to do it, but doesn’t want that responsibility. And he’s supposed to be the captain.
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,214

Post#1243 » by MorbidHEAT » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:12 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

One or both is probably nearing their last game in a Heat uniform. I'm not saying I would choose Tyler over Jimmy, but I will say the following: Tyler has been trying to ball all season, Jimmy has seemingly been "off" (specifically his disposition and interest), he might request a trade on his own. I wouldn't blame him. Dude has done his part. Front office has failed him season after season on an epic level. Having said that, I'm sure they would bounce Herro before Jimmy, if it came to that.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,745

Post#1244 » by Daffy » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:21 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter

Gross, there's much more to this mess than one player issue here, its seriously not a re-tooling effort to fix this team, we need an overhaul of the major pieces and just wipe some of the offensive structure gameplan from existence to start from scratch.

Serious question. How do they factor strength of schedule for the whole season if we play the same teams as others in our division the same amount of times and same teams as with the whole league.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,785

Post#1245 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:28 am

Daffy wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter

Gross, there's much more to this mess than one player issue here, its seriously not a re-tooling effort to fix this team, we need an overhaul of the major pieces and just wipe some of the offensive structure gameplan from existence to start from scratch.

Serious question. How do they factor strength of schedule for the whole season if we play the same teams as others in our division the same amount of times and same teams as with the whole league.

It takes into account the Win/Loss record of the teams you played or will play taking into consideration, when you play them, are two difficult teams on a back to backs, are those back to backs road games, are you playing the more difficult teams at home which favors you and have far easier teams at road games. How many consecutive road games do you have, and are they across your conference and how many of them crammed together in specific amount of days, amount of rest between road trips and travel distance. Its a pretty significant math equation.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,675

Post#1246 » by Bishop45 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:32 am

KingDavid wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:Nah, I like the playing it does give a chance to the teams fighting to get in, whom are half a game or couple games out from 8th due to unforeseen injuries to one of their main players. There's excitement, Jimmy could have injured himself the same on the first game vs Boston just as well, and trust me those games would have been far more grueling.

I’d rather him get injured in an actual game and the team benefit from a week of rest. Adding unnecessary games to an already long season just makes the actual product weaker imo

There’s never been a 9th or 10th seed to make it from the play-in, the talent gap is usually too wide, which is why top 8 exists. At best, you can hope for a 8-7th seed shuffle, and that is not worth the lost time imo. The play-in, gambling app, in-season tournament— all trash imo. They need to stop pressing these guys for extra labor

We ended up with the 8th seed then made it to the finals. It's one or two extra games. Not that big of a deal. If we actually took advantage of having the EASIEST schedule in the league and not scrub it up all season, we would be resting right now. Play in games are to bring excitement for 8 mediocre teams. Rather have that than eliminate the 7/8 seed from the playoffs altogether.

Not that big of a deal for us, who can merely watch. But I’m sure even a single day of rest matters to these professionals putting their livelihoods on the line every time they step out. All of it is for entertainment, adding more inconsequential games feels a little cruel to me. Especially for guys like Zion and Butler who have to be extra cautious about their health. An extra game or two ain’t nothing for us, it’s a plus even— these guys have to prep and plan for this time of year every day. Agree to disagree tho
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,965

Post#1247 » by dshearn » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:13 am

MorbidHEAT wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

One or both is probably nearing their last game in a Heat uniform. I'm not saying I would choose Tyler over Jimmy, but I will say the following: Tyler has been trying to ball all season, Jimmy has seemingly been "off" (specifically his disposition and interest), he might request a trade on his own. I wouldn't blame him. Dude has done his part. Front office has failed him season after season on an epic level. Having said that, I'm sure they would bounce Herro before Jimmy, if it came to that.

does anyone actually think that happened?

I am sure that is just some random made up story
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,307

Post#1248 » by Heat3 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:21 am

dshearn wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

just look at the name of the stupid account... its not real.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,965

Post#1249 » by dshearn » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:59 am

Heat3 wrote:
dshearn wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:

:op

didn't even notice that....
Bmaster
Sophomore
And1: 246

Post#1250 » by Bmaster » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:16 am

MorbidHEAT wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hope they both get traded but would favor trading Butler first and hope he request trade in off-season would make transition a lot smoother. Hero is still young and hasn't reached ceiling yet imho.
Bmaster
Sophomore

Post#1251 » by Bmaster » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:19 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
Daffy wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter

It takes into account the Win/Loss record of the teams you played or will play taking into consideration, when you play them, are two difficult teams on a back to backs, are those back to backs road games, are you playing the more difficult teams at home which favors you and have far easier teams at road games. How many consecutive road games do you have, and are they across your conference and how many of them crammed together in specific amount of days, amount of rest between road trips and travel distance. Its a pretty significant math equation.

I would also add that some players like Jimmy Butler don't play back to back games on schedule.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,341

Post#1252 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:01 am

Why is anyone surprised. I wrote this season off when we failed to secure Dame.

All of this is just motions. We needed a major trade and didn't get it.

Personally, I would have overpaid to get it done.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,568

Post#1253 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:56 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Daffy wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter

Also doesn’t help that the East as a whole was pretty even this year outside of Boston and we play all those teams 3 or 4 times a year as opposed to playing the WC teams 2 times a year and vice versa. I haven’t looked but I would guess the WC teams are pretty high up on the SOS rankings
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1254 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
I’d rather him get injured in an actual game and the team benefit from a week of rest. Adding unnecessary games to an already long season just makes the actual product weaker imo

There’s never been a 9th or 10th seed to make it from the play-in, the talent gap is usually too wide, which is why top 8 exists. At best, you can hope for a 8-7th seed shuffle, and that is not worth the lost time imo. The play-in, gambling app, in-season tournament— all trash imo. They need to stop pressing these guys for extra labor

We ended up with the 8th seed then made it to the finals. It's one or two extra games. Not that big of a deal. If we actually took advantage of having the EASIEST schedule in the league and not scrub it up all season, we would be resting right now. Play in games are to bring excitement for 8 mediocre teams. Rather have that than eliminate the 7/8 seed from the playoffs altogether.

Not that big of a deal for us, who can merely watch. But I’m sure even a single day of rest matters to these professionals putting their livelihoods on the line every time they step out. All of it is for entertainment, adding more inconsequential game feels a little cruel to me. Especially for guys like Zion and Butler who have to extra cautious about their health. An extra game or two ain’t nothing for us, it’s a plus even— these guys have to prep and plan for this time of year every day. Agree to disagree tho

It’s a very big deal imo, if we got the 6th seed we’d be resting for a week before our first game (huge for Jimmy Bam Rozier and Duncan) as opposed to playing these play in games that have now injured Jimmy and ended our season. It definitely could’ve benefited us had we won and got 7th but now our best case is to be the seed we were already slotted at except now without Jimmy
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1255 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:00 pm

Bmaster wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hope they both get traded but would favor trading Butler first and hope he request trade in off-season would make transition a lot smoother. Hero is still young and hasn't reached ceiling yet imho.

If Jimmys gone we should move off of Herro too, all hands on deck to get 2 all star guys in here next to Bam.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1256 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:01 pm

dshearn wrote:
Heat3 wrote:
dshearn wrote:does anyone actually think that happened?

:op

didn't even notice that....

I figured that would be easy to spot lol just posted because I thought it was funny
#FreeBam
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,675

Post#1257 » by Bishop45 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:10 pm

Somebody gotta save that poor child lol

Read on Twitter
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,834

Post#1258 » by greg4012 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:11 pm

SoFlaKingReal wrote:Rozier has been a flat out bust on the Heat…using a first to be stuck with his contract for next two years was downright puzzling. Did not make the team better at all.

Still see it as a very movable contract and a 1st rd pick is about market value for someone like Rozier. I don't get the urge to pinpoint this as some sort of shortcoming of management when everyone on this board would have traded all future Heat FRPs ten times over for super mid players like PJ Washington, Daniel Gafford, DFS, Royce O'Neale, Tyus Jones, etc.

I definitely expect at least one of Herro or Rozier to be moved this offseason. Rozier may be the more marketable asset.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,424

Post#1259 » by Beenie » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:51 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Bmaster wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:

If Jimmys gone we should move off of Herro too, all hands on deck to get 2 all star guys in here next to Bam.

Bam can go too

If Jimmy gets traded, a new era built around Jacquez and Niko ought to commence
Bmaster
Sophomore

Post#1260 » by Bmaster » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:58 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Bmaster wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:

With you on getting two allstars and don't think it is a good idea to pay Jimmy Butler 50 million to be part time player that may have injury issues.

Return to Miami Heat