ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Bmaster
Sophomore
And1: 246

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#501 » by Bmaster » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:15 pm

Bam Jimmy and Terry playing should be a good one.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,015

Post#502 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:42 pm

Bmaster wrote:Bam Jimmy and Terry playing should be a good one.

Depends, will we get Jimmy from the last Cavs game or will we get Jimmy from the Pelicans game where he’s 0-2 shooting at halftime and doesn’t start trying until we’re down double digits. Will we get Cavs game Terry or is he going to have more field goal attempts than points?
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,593

Post#503 » by IceColdCubano » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:59 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Bmaster wrote:Bam Jimmy and Terry playing should be a good one.

Depends, will we get Jimmy from the last Cavs game or will we get Jimmy from the Pelicans game where he’s 0-2 shooting at halftime and doesn’t start trying until we’re down double digits. Will we get Cavs game Terry or is he going to have more field goal attempts than points?

Same sentiment here, im so used to rarely ever seeing our best players all playing great together that its a just win and move to the next game. Its obvious neither the coach or players care about regular season. So whatever this is a playoffs team only.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,858

Post#504 » by AirP. » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:22 pm

I get everyone is expecting playoff Jimmy but playoff Jimmy looked like **** one year in Miami and the team got swept in the first round. I don't think Butler's on the decline (think he's leveled off) but I don't think he enjoys basketball anymore (it's just a job now) and that's an issue, there's no fire from him anymore, he doesn't engage like he once did, he's just good with whatever happens.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,031

Post#505 » by 3ballbomber » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:19 am

AirP. wrote:I get everyone is expecting playoff Jimmy but playoff Jimmy looked like **** one year in Miami and the team got swept in the first round. I don't think Butler's on the decline (think he's leveled off) but I don't think he enjoys basketball anymore (it's just a job now) and that's an issue, there's no fire from him anymore, he doesn't engage like he once did, he's just good with whatever happens.

This may not age well.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
AirP.
RealGM

Post#506 » by AirP. » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:01 am

3ballbomber wrote:
AirP. wrote:I get everyone is expecting playoff Jimmy but playoff Jimmy looked like **** one year in Miami and the team got swept in the first round. I don't think Butler's on the decline (think he's leveled off) but I don't think he enjoys basketball anymore (it's just a job now) and that's an issue, there's no fire from him anymore, he doesn't engage like he once did, he's just good with whatever happens.

This may not age well.

Why, because I'm calling out his love of the game? That's an odd thing to say won't age well. The problem to fix this is that there isn't one person on the roster that will push Butler like in the past, in Miami first it was Crowder (who Butler said he always got up for games against him), then nobody and Miami was swept in the 1st round, then it was Tucker, then it was Strus and possibly Lowry and now there's nobody on the roster willing to push him to be better, to give better effort. I think Butler kind of needs that teammate pushing him.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,995

Post#507 » by carnageta » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:41 am

AirP. wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:

This may not age well.

Why, because I'm calling out his love of the game? That's an odd thing to say won't age well. The problem to fix this is that there isn't one person on the roster that will push Butler like in the past, in Miami first it was Crowder (who Butler said he always got up for games against him), then nobody and Miami was swept in the 1st round, then it was Tucker, then it was Strus and possibly Lowry and now there's nobody on the roster willing to push him to be better, to give better effort. I think Butler kind of needs that teammate pushing him.

What are you basing these assumptions off of? For a guy who's usually pretty analytical, this is a pretty unhinged post lol.

The drop-off, statistically speaking, is marginal. Jimmy is shooting over 40% from deep this season (first time in his career). In 19-20, he averaged worse numbers and played 58 games. In 21-22, he averaged identical numbers on worse efficiency, and played in 57 games. He's at 50 games this season, with 11 more to go. But yet.. he's unmotivated this year? Lol, it really isn't any different than his previous 4 years with Miami tbh..
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#508 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:49 am

Read on Twitter

Go get me Clint Capela!!!
#FreeBam
carnageta
Veteran

Post#509 » by carnageta » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:01 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Go get me Clint Capela!!!

Nikola Jokic can do that. He also averages more steals per game than Bam :D
AirP.
RealGM

Post#510 » by AirP. » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:30 am

carnageta wrote:
AirP. wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:
This may not age well.

What are you basing these assumptions off of? For a guy who's usually pretty analytical, this is a pretty unhinged post lol.

The drop-off, statistically speaking, is marginal. Jimmy is shooting over 40% from deep this season (first time in his career). In 19-20, he averaged worse numbers and played 58 games. In 21-22, he averaged identical numbers on worse efficiency, and played in 57 games. He's at 50 games this season, with 11 more to go. But yet.. he's unmotivated this year? Lol, it really isn't any different than his previous 4 years with Miami tbh..

I am analytical but I'm also talking about a player I've followed all his career which is why I'm in these Miami forums so I've seen his effort level for a few years now. Even in his first year in Miami when people were asking about his scoring ability, he got motivated to prove people wrong and then he dropped 30 in the first half to prove a point and then scored a couple baskets in the 2nd half. I've also watched him drop 40 in a half before, the issue is that he's been getting less and less engaged in the regular season games to a level I've not seen other high level players get to. I think a more engaged Butler would be dropping 25+ a night, stabilizing this team and Miami probably would be a much higher seed then they currently are, they should be fighting for a 2nd seed and instead are trying to get out of the play in.

It'll be interesting to see how the fanbase reacts if Miami doesn't get past the 1st round if they get there at all, they were close to not even making it into the playoffs last year. Miami's just a few years removed from getting to the finals and then getting swept in the first round the very next season.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,801

Post#511 » by greg4012 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:29 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dejounte Murray would’ve been a great pickup but would’ve cost more, Terry is coming a lot slowly but he’s coming along. Hes showing good signs but he’s got to increase his efficiency in the flow of the offense

IMO it's all about re-orienting his game to be an adept spot-up shooter again. He seemingly has completely abandoned that focus to be more of an on-ball creator over the past 2-3 seasons. My concern is that he needs the off-season to get there.

We need him to still be an adept pull-up shooter and be able to get into the paint while still feeling comfortable pulling the trigger on the open catch & shoot 3.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#512 » by greg4012 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:14 pm

Read on Twitter
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#513 » by greg4012 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:18 pm

Read on Twitter
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,593

Post#514 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:22 pm

Sitting at 7th seed, we look to perhaps stay here or move up just spot at 6th. Although Cleveland is sitting currently at 3rd, I feel like New York will overtake them looking at the remaining schedule. Milwaukee as a first round opponent screams upset to me staying at 7th, seeing as they will shi**T their pants having us as first round opponent again. Funneling the offense through Lillard in the playoffs will play into our hands, we play well against lead guards who control the ball a lot. Bam does such a great job isolating against Giannis that it plays into our hands greatly. Getting New York in the second round is a mirror image of last year, since you know Boston will be waiting in the Eastern Conference finals. I think 7th Seed is where its at to be honest.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#515 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:44 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Read on Twitter

67?!?!?! wtf :lol:
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#516 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:45 pm

I’m going to crack up when Bam isn’t a DPOY finalist and isn’t 1st team all defense
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#517 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:46 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:Sitting at 7th seed, we look to perhaps stay here or move up just spot at 6th. Although Cleveland is sitting currently at 3rd, I feel like New York will overtake them looking at the remaining schedule. Milwaukee as a first round opponent screams upset to me staying at 7th, seeing as they will shi**T their pants having us as first round opponent again. Funneling the offense through Lillard in the playoffs will play into our hands, we play well against lead guards who control the ball a lot. Bam does such a great job isolating against Giannis that it plays into our hands greatly. Getting New York in the second round is a mirror image of last year, since you know Boston will be waiting in the Eastern Conference finals. I think 7th Seed is where its at to be honest.

It’s funny to think about because we easily could’ve had 3rd despite the massive **** show this season has been lol. What a fuxk up
#FreeBam
carnageta
Veteran

Post#518 » by carnageta » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:58 pm

AirP. wrote:
carnageta wrote:
AirP. wrote:

I am analytical but I'm also talking about a player I've followed all his career which is why I'm in these Miami forums so I've seen his effort level for a few years now. Even in his first year in Miami when people were asking about his scoring ability, he got motivated to prove people wrong and then he dropped 30 in the first half to prove a point and then scored a couple baskets in the 2nd half. I've also watched him drop 40 in a half before, the issue is that he's been getting less and less engaged in the regular season games to a level I've not seen other high level players get to. I think a more engaged Butler would be dropping 25+ a night, stabilizing this team and Miami probably would be a much higher seed then they currently are, they should be fighting for a 2nd seed and instead are trying to get out of the play in.

It'll be interesting to see how the fanbase reacts if Miami doesn't get past the 1st round if they get there at all, they were close to not even making it into the playoffs last year. Miami's just a few years removed from getting to the finals and then getting swept in the first round the very next season.

The thing is, Butler has never averaged over 25ppg in his career in the regular season - so I don't think we should expect that at age 34. He's averaging the pretty much age same ppg this year as he did the previous 3.

Him not being that interested in the regular season has been a thing since like 2020 lol. I don't really see how it's any more apparent this year. It's the same old Jimmy offensively. He wasn't that guy who would average over 25ppg at age 30. He isn't going to be that guy at age 35.
batterybro42
Rookie
And1: 1,503

Post#519 » by batterybro42 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:58 pm

Miami just needs to be healthy, this is as good of a roster as we have surrounded Jimmy with since he has been in Miami. I don't care to judge this team off the regular season.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,260

Post#520 » by twix2500 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:31 pm

carnageta wrote:
AirP. wrote:
carnageta wrote:

The thing is, Butler has never averaged over 25ppg in his career in the regular season - so I don't think we should expect that at age 34. He's averaging the pretty much age same ppg this year as he did the previous 3.

Him not being that interested in the regular season has been a thing since like 2020 lol. I don't really see how it's any more apparent this year. It's the same old Jimmy offensively. He wasn't that guy who would average over 25ppg at age 30. He isn't going to be that guy at age 35.
The role players haven't been the problem has been the go-too players. Bam, Butler, Herro, Rozier/Lowry and Spo.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Return to Miami Heat