ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Bmaster
Sophomore
And1: 247

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#1261 » by Bmaster » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:59 pm

Beenie wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Bmaster wrote:

I hope they both get traded but would favor trading Butler first and hope he request trade in off-season would make transition a lot smoother. Hero is still young and hasn't reached ceiling yet imho.

If Jimmys gone we should move off of Herro too, all hands on deck to get 2 all star guys in here next to Bam.

Bam can go too

If Jimmy gets traded, a new era built around Jacquez and Niko ought to commence

Like this idea too. Could get a good haul of assets trading bam but don't think they will trade bam. Jaime and Niko both have bright futures ahead IMHO.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,645

Post#1262 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:09 pm

Beenie wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Bmaster wrote:

I hope they both get traded but would favor trading Butler first and hope he request trade in off-season would make transition a lot smoother. Hero is still young and hasn't reached ceiling yet imho.

If Jimmys gone we should move off of Herro too, all hands on deck to get 2 all star guys in here next to Bam.

Bam can go too

Lmfao!!!!!
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,812

Post#1263 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:11 pm

greg4012 wrote:
SoFlaKingReal wrote:Rozier has been a flat out bust on the Heat…using a first to be stuck with his contract for next two years was downright puzzling. Did not make the team better at all.

Still see it as a very movable contract and a 1st rd pick is about market value for someone like Rozier. I don't get the urge to pinpoint this as some sort of shortcoming of management when everyone on this board would have traded all future Heat FRPs ten times over for super mid players like PJ Washington, Daniel Gafford, DFS, Royce O'Neale, Tyus Jones, etc.

I definitely expect at least one of Herro or Rozier to be moved this offseason. Rozier may be the more marketable asset.

FRP's, Quality of the FRP's, and the amount of FRP's are subjective to the team receiving the player and their needs. Miami will send out Multiple FRP's for future when they have zero back up options and nothing else of hope to acquire moving forward. Miami in this case were surely lacking offensive fire power and upgrade in age at their PG rotation, therefore they paid the price they felt they needed to get a player of need which resulted in giving up 30M dollar expiring, valuable almost an FRP of value, and an additional FRP. So in essence Miami gave up 2 FRP's of value to get Rozier. Was he worth it, so far not so much but that is a tale of injuries more so than anything else, he also has taking a longer time than expected to feel comfortable in our offense. He is also a terrible fit next to Tyler Herro in the starting roles so there's that. We can say as currently he is undefined whether this trade was successful or not, his presence and our inability to have a working offensive system with him included tells me that I would point to this being a failure for the time being in my opinion I know those differ around here.

In turn selling on Rozier, and expecting an FRP in return means that the team in question on the receiving end must have a just as a dire need for him as we did this year, for there to be that sort of exchange. He could also just be more of a asset himself sent to fill salary with nothing but salary at a position of need returning, the chances of Miami recouping that FRP or FRP plus expiring contract in value for him are probably very low in to happen unless again that team is in a position like us. This would come down to a contender whom, need an additional scorer to improve upon a weakness, so its a very nitch market we would need to pinpoint. His contract while very movable as many have said doesn't necessarily translate to positive return jus easy to find a partner to exchange with, not value determined.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1264 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:15 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Beenie wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Bam can go too

Lmfao!!!!!

Unless your making star quality trades here "which Jimmy won't net in return, and neither will Herro, Bam is the only guy who will return a superstar, that tells you his value around the league", were going into a rebuild and expect to be losing in the foreseeable future. No version of what I saw last game with JJJ with his mistakes at the end of the game, gawd posting up Embiid like dude seriously, he also missed tons of bunny's at the basket as he was nervous and throwing up basketball covered bricks and Jovic was so outmatched in the moment Spo couldn't put him out there outside of those short minutes to hold the PF spots, he kept missing his rotations, he was being keyed by Philly on the pick roll every time.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1265 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:24 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1266 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:26 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Beenie wrote:
Bam can go too

Lmfao!!!!!

Unless your making star quality trades here "which Jimmy won't net in return, and neither will Herro, Bam is the only guy who will return a superstar, that tells you his value around the league", were going into a rebuild and expect to be losing in the foreseeable future. No version of what I saw last game with JJJ with his mistakes at the end of the game, gawd posting up Embiid like dude seriously, he also missed tons of bunny's at the basket as he was nervous and throwing up basketball covered bricks and Jovic was so outmatched in the moment Spo couldn't put him out there outside of those short minutes to hold the PF spots, he kept missing his rotations, he was being keyed by Philly on the pick roll every time.

People starting to do the same **** they did with Herro. Think I saw a few saying Jaime can average 25 a night :lol:

If there’s one thing Heat fans are good at it’s insanely overvaluing role players like Herro and any young guys on the roster
#FreeBam
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,432

Post#1267 » by Beenie » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:28 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Beenie wrote:
Bam can go too

Lmfao!!!!!

Can probably get 4 1sts for Bam

Team like OKC could even pay a higher price for the right deal
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1268 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:30 pm

Beenie wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Lmfao!!!!!

Then we have to hope and pray 1 of those picks can be near the player he is, then have to hope he can build the same type of relationships with elite stars in the league like Bam has.

Trading Bam would set this franchise back a decade
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1269 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:42 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Beenie wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

Then we have to hope and pray 1 of those picks can be near the player he is, then have to hope he can build the same type of relationships with elite stars in the league like Bam has.

uhh OKC finished 1st in the west this year they look to keep getting better, they have serious offensive firepower in their guys, you add BAM to that team, good luck to the rest of the WEST. Which means for the foreseeable future those picks we get would be middling 1st rounders similar to what Miami nets. You won't be picking top end talent, unless they send you picks they captured from other bad teams, which is the most valuable I am sure they won't send those to us, at least not all of them, maybe get 1 plus 3 of their own picks.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,356

Post#1270 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:49 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

yeah Riley overvalues stuff for way too long now

when it comes to all star talent, you make the trade happen. you worry about the role players and draft picks later. those are easier to replace.

it sucks but the FO is messing up.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1271 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:20 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,836

Post#1272 » by greg4012 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:29 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
SoFlaKingReal wrote:Rozier has been a flat out bust on the Heat…using a first to be stuck with his contract for next two years was downright puzzling. Did not make the team better at all.

Still see it as a very movable contract and a 1st rd pick is about market value for someone like Rozier. I don't get the urge to pinpoint this as some sort of shortcoming of management when everyone on this board would have traded all future Heat FRPs ten times over for super mid players like PJ Washington, Daniel Gafford, DFS, Royce O'Neale, Tyus Jones, etc.

I definitely expect at least one of Herro or Rozier to be moved this offseason. Rozier may be the more marketable asset.

FRP's, Quality of the FRP's, and the amount of FRP's are subjective to the team receiving the player and their needs. Miami will send out Multiple FRP's for future when they have zero back up options and nothing else of hope to acquire moving forward. Miami in this case were surely lacking offensive fire power and upgrade in age at their PG rotation, therefore they paid the price they felt they needed to get a player of need which resulted in giving up 30M dollar expiring, valuable almost an FRP of value, and an additional FRP. So in essence Miami gave up 2 FRP's of value to get Rozier. Was he worth it, so far not so much but that is a tale of injuries more so than anything else, he also has taking a longer time than expected to feel comfortable in our offense. He is also a terrible fit next to Tyler Herro in the starting roles so there's that. We can say as currently he is undefined whether this trade was successful or not, his presence and our inability to have a working offensive system with him included tells me that I would point to this being a failure for the time being in my opinion I know those differ around here.

In turn selling on Rozier, and expecting an FRP in return means that the team in question on the receiving end must have a just as a dire need for him as we did this year, for there to be that sort of exchange. He could also just be more of a asset himself sent to fill salary with nothing but salary at a position of need returning, the chances of Miami recouping that FRP or FRP plus expiring contract in value for him are probably very low in to happen unless again that team is in a position like us. This would come down to a contender whom, need an additional scorer to improve upon a weakness, so its a very nitch market we would need to pinpoint. His contract while very movable as many have said doesn't necessarily translate to positive return jus easy to find a partner to exchange with, not value determined.

How did Miami give up 2 FRPs for Rozier? I don't subscribe to that logic, at all. That's pure narrative-influenced perspective communicated to serve a deeper festering feeling of despair. This is the same board that swore Lowry's expiring was of almost no value and hardly an asset to be counted in any prospective trade. Now that it was part of a trade, trading the expiring is being painted as a fumbled asset LOL.

Rinse, wash, repeat with some on here.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,132

Post#1273 » by Flash4thewin » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:19 pm

Big picture thinking, we need to improve and increase Terry and Herro trade value. That won’t happen with both of them starting. Seeing just how bad Terry has been on defense, he needs a full offseason to get better. I would make Terry our 6th man for next season. Herro stays as the starter or we lose even more face and value for him. Then hopefully they both improve and we can trade them for better players.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,432

Post#1274 » by Beenie » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:56 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Beenie wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

The hope quite frankly would be that they draft a player significantly better than Bam

Gonna need a Luka or Wemby type to counter those guys in the years to come
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,330

Post#1275 » by twix2500 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:57 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:Big picture thinking, we need to improve and increase Terry and Herro trade value. That won’t happen with both of them starting. Seeing just how bad Terry has been on defense, he needs a full offseason to get better. I would make Terry our 6th man for next season. Herro stays as the starter or we lose even more face and value for him. Then hopefully they both improve and we can trade them for better players.

If a NBA gm is still evaluating Herro and Rozier as players, that franchise is in big trouble.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,132

Post#1276 » by Flash4thewin » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:15 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:Big picture thinking, we need to improve and increase Terry and Herro trade value. That won’t happen with both of them starting. Seeing just how bad Terry has been on defense, he needs a full offseason to get better. I would make Terry our 6th man for next season. Herro stays as the starter or we lose even more face and value for him. Then hopefully they both improve and we can trade them for better players.

If a NBA gm is still evaluating Herro and Rozier as players, that franchise is in big trouble.

I know, I know but it’s our best shot. We have seen incompetent front offices do dumb moves.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1277 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:20 pm

greg4012 wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

How did Miami give up 2 FRPs for Rozier? I don't subscribe to that logic, at all. That's pure narrative-influenced perspective communicated to serve a deeper festering feeling of despair. This is the same board that swore Lowry's expiring was of almost no value and hardly an asset to be counted in any prospective trade. Now that it was part of a trade, trading the expiring is being painted as a fumbled asset LOL.

Rinse, wash, repeat with some on here.

That's why I said at the end "FRP or FRP plus expiring" for reference, key point on the OR didn't imply a complete 2 FRP's. I wasn't peddling the Lowry expiring as worthless in any previous post either, I always said due to its size it had lots of value specially in a season where lots of changes were coming to the CAP rules and stipulations. Perhaps this offseason when teams are all under the 1st Apron his Expiring would not net as much, but earlier when teams were doing everything possible to shed salary there was definite value there, and a large chunk of it at $30M.

There's no feeling of despair here, with me at least, just telling it how it is, and I fully understand the hurdles we will need to cross to get away from our issues. Painting it with a pretty brush isn't going to do any good, If you don't agree with it that's fine and good that's why were here putting our ideas and opinions for people to criticize/critic like you just did. Also I don't remember saying that trading Lowry's expiring was a fumbled asset, I said to date the payoff has not been met with Terry not being healthy, and not being good when he was outside of a few games. There's a lot still here that needs to happen for us to say this was a positive trade.

My take is your projecting at my response a bit here, because perhaps I didn't hit the nail on the head or center mass but its a too close for comfort. In the end the Miami Heat front office did what they thought was right at the time like they done in the past many times, were pretty good here about calling them out after their decisions don't pan out. With this one specifically there still time for it to turn around, and I will gladly still be posting here in the near future waiting for your I told you so.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,330

Post#1278 » by twix2500 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:20 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

I know, I know but it’s our best shot. We have seen incompetent front offices do dumb moves.

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1279 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:36 pm

Beenie wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Beenie wrote:

The hope quite frankly would be that they draft a player significantly better than Bam

Gonna need a Luka or Wemby type to counter those guys in the years to come

Not too many players fit that description, it’s been 21 years since weve done it. Go for it but like it said it’ll set the franchise back at least a decade. Luckily the Heat know better
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1280 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

If only hallstar ran the Cavs front office, Mitchell to Miami for Herro would be a lock and we’d probably get additional assets back as well :cry:
#FreeBam

Return to Miami Heat