ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,746

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#1541 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:08 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
i will gladly give them Jimmy if they want him.

That’d only sit right with me if we had a 2nd move bringing in a 3rd all star that fit the Bam/Mitchell timeline.

For me the move to acquire Mitchell is an all in move right now with Jimmy (top 5 playoff performer in the league) and Bam to win a championship now and also to roll into the next era after Jimmy with 2 solidified all stars. Big 3 is needed one way or another

Our all in move is not really attractive. That's the problem when we keep going after these big names. There's always that sleeper team out there with a better all in move due to years of building there draft pick cupboard. Our cap sheet is also piss poor to top it all off.

I meant moreso as like the Heat are all-in finally with Jimmy to win a championship with the new big 3, not really as a comparison of assets. But yea if we were to trade Jimmy that would open up a new avenue to bring another guy, I just prefer the with Jimmy route over trading him as well
#FreeBam
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,223

Post#1542 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:08 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Cavs have literally no need for Randle with Mobley and Allen. At least with Herro (24) and potentially one or both of Jaime(23)/Jovic(20) they have some young pieces to try and build along with Garland (24), Mobley (22), and Allen (26).

Knicks only become a threat if they’re willing to unload a **** ton of 1st, which they weren’t willing to do a couple years ago

with the knicks, that was before they felt they were contenders, now they feel like their second to only the celtics in the eastern conference. And if they get to the Eastern Finals and lose in a competitive fashion, why not go get the guy to get your over the hump, go all in on the Brunson/OG build.

Mitchell and Brunson would be so overlapping that it would be counterproductive. Basically what you’re seeing in Cleveland right now, Garland is a damn good player who would easily be our 3rd best player but he’s been forgotten about with Mitchell there and he’s no defensive stud to make up for it.

I've seen teams over look fit plenty of times. I do agree it could backfire but that may not stop them if someone in that organization thinks it can work. I look at the Suns with getting Beal and see how that team desperately needed a PG. It's backfired for them but even with the ill fit from the get go they still went out and did it.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1543 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:12 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Time will tell, teams are going to be very hesitant to trade for a star unless they’re sure he wants to be there. Everything I see tells me he wants Miami and I’m sure Wade has been in his ear and Bam likely will as well (again). I like our chances regardless of other teams, the only thing that worries me is Pat being stubborn and offer **** on a stick without the willingness to negotiate or they still blindly believe Herro is even in the same stratosphere as Mitchell as a player

I think we can trade Herro but it's going to be for someone on a chit contract that has warts himself that you have to hope the change of scenery allows for us to cash in on the value. Think someone like Zach LaVine or Brandon Ingram.

Maybe we get those guys involved in a 3 team deal getting one of them in Cleveland along with like Jacquez or something. Idk though; I actually see Cleveland as a team that would actually be interested in testing the waters with Herro before doing something like that after looking at their roster construction and the ages of their main guy and our main trade pieces. Put the ball in garlands hands again where he can be the all star that he was and have Herro on his rightful role as on off ball scorer, could chang how Herro is viewed tbh. Hes never played with a guard who is near as good as garland on ball so he’s taken those duties himself to a fault because he’s not very good with the ball in his hands
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1544 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:16 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
with the knicks, that was before they felt they were contenders, now they feel like their second to only the celtics in the eastern conference. And if they get to the Eastern Finals and lose in a competitive fashion, why not go get the guy to get your over the hump, go all in on the Brunson/OG build.

Mitchell and Brunson would be so overlapping that it would be counterproductive. Basically what you’re seeing in Cleveland right now, Garland is a damn good player who would easily be our 3rd best player but he’s been forgotten about with Mitchell there and he’s no defensive stud to make up for it.

I've seen teams over look fit plenty of times. I do agree it could backfire but that may not stop them if someone in that organization thinks it can work. I look at the Suns with getting Beal and see how that team desperately needed a PG. It's backfired for them but even with the ill fit from the get go they still went out and did it.

I think they really like that core they have right now and Donte is on one of the better contracts in the league imo. OG has big money coming up but him and OG are very solid do it all guys to have next to ball dominant players like Brunson. If I’m the Knicks I would be looking at trying to get a center, maybe even holding out for a massive Embiid trade that has already been rumored as opposed to adding another guard who would be there best player but is redundant next to guys you already have big money invested into.
#FreeBam
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,223

Post#1545 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:17 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Time will tell, teams are going to be very hesitant to trade for a star unless they’re sure he wants to be there. Everything I see tells me he wants Miami and I’m sure Wade has been in his ear and Bam likely will as well (again). I like our chances regardless of other teams, the only thing that worries me is Pat being stubborn and offer **** on a stick without the willingness to negotiate or they still blindly believe Herro is even in the same stratosphere as Mitchell as a player

I think we can trade Herro but it's going to be for someone on a chit contract that has warts himself that you have to hope the change of scenery allows for us to cash in on the value. Think someone like Zach LaVine or Brandon Ingram.

Maybe we get those guys involved in a 3 team deal getting one of them in Cleveland along with like Jacquez or something. Idk though; I actually see Cleveland as a team that would actually be interested in testing the waters with Herro before doing something like that after looking at their roster construction and the ages of their main guy and our main trade pieces. Put the ball in garlands hands again where he can be the all star that he was and have Herro on his rightful role as on off ball scorer, could chang how Herro is viewed tbh. Hes never played with a guard who is near as good as garland on ball so he’s taken those duties himself to a fault because he’s not very good with the ball in his hands

The problem would be the defensive pairing with Garland would get shredded on a nightly basis. I don't see the Cavs wanting to pay Herro all that money.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,869

Post#1546 » by greg4012 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:18 pm

If Heat can’t win the Mitchell sweepstakes, I enjoy the idea of NY paying a premium for him bc the net gain will be marginalized due to fit (as mentioned). Knicks squandering their clean books and war chest on a player that will be marginalized in impact while marginalizing Brunson’s impact is something I’m ok seeing. Cementing that 2nd rd ceiling. Pair that with the predictable Thibs flameout in the next 1.5 years and it’s a recipe for the next Knicks reset
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1547 » by greg4012 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:18 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:I think we can trade Herro but it's going to be for someone on a chit contract that has warts himself that you have to hope the change of scenery allows for us to cash in on the value. Think someone like Zach LaVine or Brandon Ingram.

The problem would be the defensive pairing with Garland would get shredded on a nightly basis. I don't see the Cavs wanting to pay Herro all that money.

Enter Jaime
Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,930

Post#1548 » by Enso » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:43 pm

Any updates on Rozier ?
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,842

Post#1549 » by IceColdCubano » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:49 pm

Enso wrote:Any updates on Rozier ?

ID give it a 30%-40% chance he plays in the first home game, and 50/50 chance he plays in the fourth game. The last update given was he was tentatively a week out, and that was Saturday. So going by estimation Sat-Sat is a week. We play our 3rd game on Friday thats why I give it low odds, and then we play Sunday again. Which is more likely, but if Miami is getting the dog zhit beat out of them in the next 2 games, chances are like last years finals vs Nuggets where Herro was ready in game 5, I don't see them throwing Rozier out there to get the snot beat out of him and re-injuring his neck.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1550 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:49 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:I think we can trade Herro but it's going to be for someone on a chit contract that has warts himself that you have to hope the change of scenery allows for us to cash in on the value. Think someone like Zach LaVine or Brandon Ingram.

Maybe but Bam has been able to put up a top 5 defense with 4 horrible defensive guard in Rozier Lowry Herro and Duncan, Jimmy who doesn’t try, and just whoever Spo feels like playing at the 4 on any given night while those guys would have Mobley and Allen behind them who everyone is always trying to prop up for all defense and DPOY so they should be fine on that end! They tried to tell us all last season Mobley was better than Bam, now he’s consistently getting put on highlight reels on that end
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1551 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:54 pm

I’ll be sick if we miss out on Mitchell, he’s the perfect fit and wants to be here. Getting Mitchell is how you make up for not finding a way to resolve the Dame situation last summer. If that falls through I’m at a loss on what the next course of action needs to be tbh but someone like that is the final piece to the puzzle
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1552 » by IceColdCubano » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 pm

The Jimmy window to me is damn near closed, like your barely getting a breeze going through it, it will take a herculean effort next year by Bam somehow finding himself more offensively minded perhaps increasing his 3pt attempts gets him there, as Jimmy ages his ability to get up for games will be less, expect equal to less games played by Jimmy next year as well as another drop in production like we saw this year. This isn't going to get easier, so either Herro Magically turns into Booker overnight or we need to trade him for a game changer.

Even then I suspect our road will be paved by difficulty, because this team, consistently being in the playing the last 2 years tells me that swapping Herro for Donovan does not make you a top 3 seed in the East, it may get you out of the playing games perhaps in the middle of the crowd. The others teams, as proven by the offseason year and year out will continue to improve, their young players will improve, and us losing ground like we did this year is not a recipe we can continue to work with if we expect to get into the playoffs healthy.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1553 » by IceColdCubano » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:01 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I’ll be sick if we miss out on Mitchell, he’s the perfect fit and wants to be here. Getting Mitchell is how you make up for not finding a way to resolve the Dame situation last summer. If that falls through I’m at a loss on what the next course of action needs to be tbh but someone like that is the final piece to the puzzle

Were not a Donovan Mitchell away from being the team that takes the reigns of the NBA landscape, were just plugging 1 or 2 holes of the legit 10 we have. Boston would still wreck this team if were playing their same team next year minus Herro plus Mitchell. Were also not Beating Nuggets in a 7 game series. There's a lot more work that needs to go into our roster than just another scorer for us to be legitimate.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1554 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:01 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:The Jimmy window to me is damn near closed, like your barely getting a breeze going through it, it will take a herculean effort next year by Bam somehow finding himself more offensively minded perhaps increasing his 3pt attempts gets him there, as Jimmy ages his ability to get up for games will be less, expect equal to less games played by Jimmy next year as well as another drop in production like we saw this year. This isn't going to get easier, so either Herro Magically turns into Booker overnight or we need to trade him for a game changer.

Even then I suspect our road will be paved by difficulty, because this team, consistently being in the playing the last 2 years tells me that swapping Herro for Donovan does not make you a top 3 seed in the East, it may get you out of the playing games perhaps in the middle of the crowd. The others teams, as proven by the offseason year and year out will continue to improve, their young players will improve, and us losing ground like we did this year is not a recipe we can continue to work with if we expect to get into the playoffs healthy.

We were like 4-5 games out of the 2nd seed, adding Mitchell to the fold would undoubtedly jump us to top 3. I’d actually take it a step further and say you could have Jimmy and his $50M sit out all 82 games and we’ll lock in a top 3 seed behind Mitchell and Bams 2 man game
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1555 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:03 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I’ll be sick if we miss out on Mitchell, he’s the perfect fit and wants to be here. Getting Mitchell is how you make up for not finding a way to resolve the Dame situation last summer. If that falls through I’m at a loss on what the next course of action needs to be tbh but someone like that is the final piece to the puzzle

Were not a Donovan Mitchell away from being the team that takes the reigns of the NBA landscape, were just plugging 1 or 2 holes of the legit 10 we have. Boston would still wreck this team if were playing their same team next year minus Herro plus Mitchell. Were also not Beating Nuggets in a 7 game series. There's a lot more work that needs to go into our roster than just another scorer for us to be legitimate.

You would have said the same thing going into last years playoffs though about the Bucks and Celtics though; we all would have or did and we were all wrong. Add Mitchell to that finals team and we beat the nuggets
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1556 » by IceColdCubano » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:04 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:The Jimmy window to me is damn near closed, like your barely getting a breeze going through it, it will take a herculean effort next year by Bam somehow finding himself more offensively minded perhaps increasing his 3pt attempts gets him there, as Jimmy ages his ability to get up for games will be less, expect equal to less games played by Jimmy next year as well as another drop in production like we saw this year. This isn't going to get easier, so either Herro Magically turns into Booker overnight or we need to trade him for a game changer.

We were like 4-5 games out of the 2nd seed, adding Mitchell to the fold would undoubtedly jump us to top 3. I’d actually take it a step further and say you could have Jimmy and his $50M sit out all 82 games and we’ll lock in a top 3 seed behind Mitchell and Bams 2 man game

Your expectations of Mitchell are too high brother, he is going to be an upgrade but he won't fix all our ailings either, so to say that is as if were saying Mitchell is Giannis, or Luka Doncic, or Jokic, or SGA.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1557 » by IceColdCubano » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:05 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

You would have said the same thing going into last years playoffs though about the Bucks and Celtics though; we all would have or did and we were all wrong. Add Mitchell to that finals team and we beat the nuggets

Nah your wilding now, :lol: :lol: :lol:
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1558 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:13 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Your expectations of Mitchell are too high brother, he is going to be an upgrade but he won't fix all our ailings either, so to say that is as if were saying Mitchell is Giannis, or Luka Doncic, or Jokic, or SGA.

He’s a lot better than you give him credit for, A LOT. Had he not been injured they’d be 2nd right now. The team and his impact prior to going out were elite so I’m not surprised they’re handling the magic easily.

I remember you were arguing Herro over him with me early this season so that alone tells me you’re not too familiar with him, which there’s nothing wrong with that but you’re definitely underselling him. Hes a career 28-5-5 guy in the playoffs, that is an elite boost to a team that’s only struggle is cold scoring stretches
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1559 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:15 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

Nuggets didn’t even get off on us really lol they won because we couldn’t score and because Jimmy was on 1 leg lol. They didn’t play some amazing unbeatable basketball where they just drummed up 4 games by 30. Every game was winnable if not for 1-2 long scoring droughts
#FreeBam
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1560 » by greg4012 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:21 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Nuggets didn’t even get off on us really lol they won because we couldn’t score and because Jimmy was on 1 leg lol. They didn’t play some amazing unbeatable basketball where they just drummed up 4 games by 3. Every game was winnable if not for 1-2 long scoring droughts

People warp it in their minds bc they didn’t like how it looked with the nuggets outsizing us across the board. Reality is the deficient offensive droughts were the difference in the series. Has been the story for the past 2+ years

Return to Miami Heat