ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,447

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#1041 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:30 am

I Fuxcking knew it - For weeks I knew we'd end up missing a good seed by 1 **** win.

1 **** win and we'd be in a great place.

But now we're ****, I don't trust any of these other teams to win in order for us to move up.

We could've been golden sitting at 5th right now if we didn't lose at home to Wizards/Memphis FFS.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,447

Post#1042 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:32 am

We'll end up at 8th, and our only hope is to somehow win the play-in game IN Philly, and then face the Bucks/Knicks.

If we lose to Philly, we're either losing the second play in too and miss the playoffs or getting swept by Celtics. not sure what's worse.

We really **** up this season, too many bad loses.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,647

Post#1043 » by marson » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:15 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:We'll end up at 8th, and our only hope is to somehow win the play-in game IN Philly, and then face the Bucks/Knicks.

If we lose to Philly, we're either losing the second play in too and miss the playoffs or getting swept by Celtics. not sure what's worse.

This team likes the tough road I guess. It'll be like Son Goku on his way to Planet Namek.

HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,913

Post#1044 » by HeatingUp3 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:06 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:There are worse options out there for the Cavs than Terry Herro Jaime Jovic and a couple 1sts for an expiring player in Mitchell. We’ll see what happens

Why should Mitchell wants to leave? They have a good team there.
HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,913

Post#1045 » by HeatingUp3 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:20 am

If 76ers and Indy lose the last game and we win, we stiil in the play in?
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,068

Post#1046 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:30 pm

i can almost smell the playoffs from here :lol:
Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 533

Post#1047 » by Lennyzinho » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:49 pm

HeatingUp3 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:There are worse options out there for the Cavs than Terry Herro Jaime Jovic and a couple 1sts for an expiring player in Mitchell. We’ll see what happens

Why should Mitchell wants to leave? They have a good team there.

One word. Cleveland.
Lennyzinho
Junior

Post#1048 » by Lennyzinho » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:58 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:We'll end up at 8th, and our only hope is to somehow win the play-in game IN Philly, and then face the Bucks/Knicks.

Sixers are in 6th right now and at home vs Nets. I think they win and stay in 6th.

We will either play the magic or the pacers. We will have a better idea leading up to the game cuz I could see hawks resting all their guys vs Indiana. They are gonna be 10th seed no matter what.

Most important is Bucks beating magic. Then I think we play them at home for play in. Orlando ain't seasoned. And then we play the Bucks who as far as two seeds go doesn't scare us and we avoid Boston ofc.
benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,656

Post#1049 » by benhillboy » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:43 pm

I just don’t want to see Rozier in a Heat uniform again I’ve had enough of his blown tough layups and always reactionary defense.

Rozier offensive and defensive rating: 111 113
Delon Wright: 121 112

Rozier Win Shares per 48: .091
Wright: .119

Rozier on/off net: -2.5
Wright: +7

I wouldn’t even entertain the thought of playing him with Jaquez, Herro, and Delon in tow. Dammit Spo.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,164

Post#1050 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:54 pm

Lennyzinho wrote:

Sixers are in 6th right now and at home vs Nets. I think they win and stay in 6th.

We will either play the magic or the pacers. We will have a better idea leading up to the game cuz I could see hawks resting all their guys vs Indiana. They are gonna be 10th seed no matter what.

Most important is Bucks beating magic. Then I think we play them at home for play in. Orlando ain't seasoned. And then we play the Bucks who as far as two seeds go doesn't scare us and we avoid Boston ofc.

You sure? I’m seeing Philly at 7th in a 3 way tie right now
#FreeBam
Lennyzinho
Junior

Post#1051 » by Lennyzinho » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:17 pm

Miami Heat: No. 5 seed with win over Raptors combined with losses by Magic, Pacers and Sixers. No. 6 seed with win combined with losses by Magic and Pacers, or win combined with losses by Magic and Sixers. No. 7 seed with win combined with loss by Magic, or win combined with loss by Sixers. No. 8 seed with loss, or with win combined with wins by Magic and Sixers.
Lennyzinho
Junior

Post#1052 » by Lennyzinho » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:22 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Lennyzinho wrote:

You sure? I’m seeing Philly at 7th in a 3 way tie right now

Weird, when I go to Google and type in "nba standings" and it shows nba data it shows Philly 6th but when I go to nba.com and then standings it shows sixers in 7th like you mentioned.

Here are all the breakdowns:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/275312/All-Eastern-Conference-Playoff-Scenarios-Entering-Final-Day-Of-Regular-Season
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,443

Post#1053 » by Rapaz » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:09 pm

Miami Heat:

No. 5 seed with win over Raptors combined with losses by Magic, Pacers and Sixers.

No. 6 seed with win combined with losses by Magic and Pacers, or win combined with losses by Magic and Sixers.

No. 7 seed with win combined with loss by Magic, or win combined with loss by Sixers.

No. 8 seed with loss, or with win combined with wins by Magic and Sixers.

I say we end up as the 7th seed and host Orlando in the play-in game. The Bucks should be motivated to beat the Magic to avoid falling to 4th and potentially facing the Celtics in the 2nd round. I don’t see Philly losing to Brooklyn nor Indy losing to Atlanta, who’s already locked in at 10th.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,712

Post#1054 » by Kobewade11 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:49 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:I Fuxcking knew it - For weeks I knew we'd end up missing a good seed by 1 **** win.

1 **** win and we'd be in a great place.

But now we're ****, I don't trust any of these other teams to win in order for us to move up.

We could've been golden sitting at 5th right now if we didn't lose at home to Wizards/Memphis FFS.

We lost 7 games in a row lol. Whatever seed we end up with it was rightfully earned.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,233

Post#1055 » by TroubleS0me » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:08 pm

Read on Twitter
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,233

Post#1056 » by TroubleS0me » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:08 pm

Lennyzinho wrote:Miami Heat: No. 5 seed with win over Raptors combined with losses by Magic, Pacers and Sixers. No. 6 seed with win combined with losses by Magic and Pacers, or win combined with losses by Magic and Sixers. No. 7 seed with win combined with loss by Magic, or win combined with loss by Sixers. No. 8 seed with loss, or with win combined with wins by Magic and Sixers.

Read on Twitter
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,330

Post#1057 » by insfo » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:41 pm

Rapaz wrote:
Miami Heat:

No. 5 seed with win over Raptors combined with losses by Magic, Pacers and Sixers.

No. 6 seed with win combined with losses by Magic and Pacers, or win combined with losses by Magic and Sixers.

No. 7 seed with win combined with loss by Magic, or win combined with loss by Sixers.

I say we end up as the 7th seed and host Orlando in the play-in game. The Bucks should be motivated to beat the Magic to avoid falling to 4th and potentially facing the Celtics in the 2nd round. I don’t see Philly losing to Brooklyn nor Indy losing to Atlanta, who’s already locked in at 10th.

Almost 0% chance at 5th seed. Hawks pulled their starters early their last game. Likely won’t even play them tomorrow, so there is no way the Pacers lose.

6th seed needs the 76ers to lose against the Nets. Cam Thomas has to go nuclear, could happen but don’t think it will. So I’d put this at 20%

7th seed needs the Magic to lose. Bucks should be motivated, but without Giannis, not sure if they have enough to overcome a young and hungry Magic team. I’d say this has 40% chance of happening

8th seed. We won’t lose tomorrow, but the other 3 could very well win out. So 40% chance imo

Love for it to be the 5th or 6th seed and avoid the playin, but will most likely end up at 7 or 8
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,661

Post#1058 » by Daffy » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:20 pm

benhillboy wrote:I just don’t want to see Rozier in a Heat uniform again I’ve had enough of his blown tough layups and always reactionary defense.

Rozier offensive and defensive rating: 111 113
Delon Wright: 121 112

Rozier Win Shares per 48: .091
Wright: .119

Rozier on/off net: -2.5
Wright: +7

I wouldn’t even entertain the thought of playing him with Jaquez, Herro, and Delon in tow. Dammit Spo.

Does this even factor in the minutes played? **** attempts taken? The fact that Wright plays more garbage time than Rozier? Not saying Rozier is some elite talent but this is very flawed.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,164

Post#1059 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:41 pm

insfo wrote:
Rapaz wrote:
Miami Heat:

Almost 0% chance at 5th seed. Hawks pulled their starters early their last game. Likely won’t even play them tomorrow, so there is no way the Pacers lose.

6th seed needs the 76ers to lose against the Nets. Cam Thomas has to go nuclear, could happen but don’t think it will. So I’d put this at 20%

7th seed needs the Magic to lose. Bucks should be motivated, but without Giannis, not sure if they have enough to overcome a young and hungry Magic team. I’d say this has 40% chance of happening

8th seed. We won’t lose tomorrow, but the other 3 could very well win out. So 40% chance imo

Love for it to be the 5th or 6th seed and avoid the playin, but will most likely end up at 7 or 8

Don’t even want any seed outside of 6th or 7th tbh, I want to run through that side of the bracket onto our way of an ECF rematch with the Celtics.

Bucks smacked the Magic a couple nights ago but what worries me is that they tanked last game against the Thunder and very well could tank this last game. They’re trying to avoid us and Philly by dropping to 3 is what it’s looking like
#FreeBam
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,438

Post#1060 » by El Alonzo scowl » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:30 pm

Bucks get to choose their first round opponent. If they and Philly win, Philly end up 7 and Bucks 2. If Bucks lose to Magic, Cavs win, and Knicks win, they fall to 4 and face 5 Magic instead. They are 100% for sure gonna throw away their last game.

The final standings are likely gonna be this:
1) Celtics
2) Knicks
3) Cavs
4) Bucks
5) Magic
6) Pacers
7) 76ers
8) Heat
9) Bulls
10) Hawks

Heat are not gonna win the first play-in game against Philly. Get ready for that second play-in game against the Hawks with Trae Young and Boston in the first round if Heat don't lose that one...

Return to Miami Heat